Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #251 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scfdff View Post
Bowman just posted a pic of a base Meadows on their FB page...
Auto or just a base card?
mwash1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #252 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwash1983 View Post
Auto or just a base card?
base card...

Photobucket:http://s1153.photobucket.com/albums/p518/Mccutchen10/
Many more cards to add
Mccutchen10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:15 PM   #253 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow815 View Post
Yea, so I transferred my multiple cases that I had pre-ordered into a few boxes. I'm done pre-ordering. If It will help production numbers and stop Topps from holding out till the last minute to give us a checklist that sticks it to us. I'd prefer to help even if it is at just a fraction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
I am very close to this decision, too. Ship has sailed for me on this product but the bait-and-switch routine and also the mess with TC/BC releases has me very wary for 2014.
I'm with both of you. Dropped my pre order on draft from 10 to 5 cases. Sold 2 cases off so I will bust 3 myself. After that I'm done preordering anything.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:18 AM   #254 (permalink)

i hope meadows has an auto but the fact that their tweeting his base card doesn't seem like a great sign to me.
metsplaya123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:22 AM   #255 (permalink)

There is no way Topps lets this release with only 2 major picks right?

Appel and Bryant in 2014 Bowman right?

That leaves Gray, Meadows, Stewart, Moran, Ball and I mean thats not great.

They could dump the entire draft in this sans Bryant and Appel and I wouldnt be excited

I do not ask for much, but please leave feedback if everything goes well with our deal.
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:27 AM   #256 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
There is no way Topps lets this release with only 2 major picks right?

Appel and Bryant in 2014 Bowman right?

That leaves Gray, Meadows, Stewart, Moran, Ball and I mean thats not great.

They could dump the entire draft in this sans Bryant and Appel and I wouldnt be excited
idk what ur asking? appel and Bryant 99.9 percent wont be in draft. I wouldn't be surprised if either one of ball, meadows or gray arent in it either.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:28 AM   #257 (permalink)
Bowman Scout

Only a handful of autos have been announced, and already people are panicking.

Calm down.

If you want to make your message board experience a lot more enjoyable, simply block those who constantly lie, deflect and troll others. You'll be glad you did.
Jaypers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:33 AM   #258 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
Only a handful of autos have been announced, and already people are panicking.

Calm down.
yea no worries. The problem is none have been announced. The players have been posting them.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:50 AM   #259 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsplaya123 View Post
idk what ur asking? appel and Bryant 99.9 percent wont be in draft. I wouldn't be surprised if either one of ball, meadows or gray arent in it either.
I am just speculating about this product, even with the entire draft class in there, I think its a weak set. I mean I will buy a case because I love prospects and busting, but there is not a lot of big money names.

Colin Moran? Shipley? Stewart?

Solid prospects, but big sellers? Doubtful.

I do not ask for much, but please leave feedback if everything goes well with our deal.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:05 AM   #260 (permalink)

Quote:
I am just speculating about this product, even with the entire draft class in there, I think its a weak set. I mean I will buy a case because I love prospects and busting, but there is not a lot of big money names.
thats what everybody said about 2012 draft
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:28 AM   #261 (permalink)

Quote:

Colin Moran? Shipley? Stewart?

Solid prospects, but big sellers? Doubtful.
every year the experts on this board predict prices for the chrome autos. I remember people were saying that buxton chrome autos would sell for 80 max and they never got close to that price. The market always pays more for these autos then what people on here think, the same will go for draft
Old 10-23-2013, 01:47 AM   #262 (permalink)

I'm with Metsplaya on this one. Never seen such a negative group towards draft when most people traditionally say it's Bowmans best product of the year I remember last year also when people said draft wouldn't be good and IMO it's better than 2011
Yaboi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #263 (permalink)

I'd say let's keep the panic bus rolling...less will be ripped so less competition for me selling a few cases worth of autos/inserts/sets

Being serious, people thought 2012 was going to be terrible - weaker draft class than 2011, too many pitchers, Buxton/Correa not going to be in it, etc. Lo and behold, Topps included 7 of the top 10 picks (top 9 if you consider Appel did not sign) and something like 25 out of 31 first rounders! Yes, there were the Steve Bean's of the world in the set (back end of round 2) - and we are already seeing that this year...but it should be expected. Topps hasn't messed up draft in a long time - the last time the auto checklist sucked and they saved all the good players for the following years' Bowman was 2007. In the end, I'd bet we'll see 6 of the top 9 (one guy again did not sign), with Appel and Bryant the leading "to be excluded" candidates, and 24 of the top 33 (first round + compensatory). All will be well with the draft world at release...
erock28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #264 (permalink)

Quote:
every year the experts on this board predict prices for the chrome autos. I remember people were saying that buxton chrome autos would sell for 80 max and they never got close to that price. The market always pays more for these autos then what people on here think, the same will go for draft
Except for the fact this draft wasnt very good. It was nothing compared to 2012, and if 2 of the top 5 prospects arent in this set it will be a tough sell.

I am not an expert in terms of selling stuff, but I know the 2013 draft was the weakest in years and I bet it impacts this set

Old 10-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #265 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erock28 View Post
I'd say let's keep the panic bus rolling...less will be ripped so less competition for me selling a few cases worth of autos/inserts/sets

Being serious, people thought 2012 was going to be terrible - weaker draft class than 2011, too many pitchers, Buxton/Correa not going to be in it, etc. Lo and behold, Topps included 7 of the top 10 picks (top 9 if you consider Appel did not sign) and something like 25 out of 31 first rounders! Yes, there were the Steve Bean's of the world in the set (back end of round 2) - and we are already seeing that this year...but it should be expected. Topps hasn't messed up draft in a long time - the last time the auto checklist sucked and they saved all the good players for the following years' Bowman was 2007. In the end, I'd bet we'll see 6 of the top 9 (one guy again did not sign), with Appel and Bryant the leading "to be excluded" candidates, and 24 of the top 33 (first round + compensatory). All will be well with the draft world at release...
the last few years the entire auto checklist were 1st round picks & supplemental 1st rounders. there have already been a few 2nd rounders confirmed so i'm not so sure how stacked this checklist will be with 1st round draft picks.
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #266 (permalink)

Quote:
Except for the fact this draft wasnt very good. It was nothing compared to 2012, and if 2 of the top 5 prospects arent in this set it will be a tough sell.

I am not an expert in terms of selling stuff, but I know the 2013 draft was the weakest in years and I bet it impacts this set
I'd disagree with this somewhat. The 2012 draft had two major headliners, then a handful of decent prospects - it was not a particularly strong draft. After Addison Russell the rest of round 1 was very nondescript (note this was at product release - yes, Wacha turned out to be a beast). I would agree that Appel/Bryant isn't as much "pop" as Correa/Buxton, but after that the drafts are similar in terms of talent. If Topps follows last years logic, I would be willing to bet that the average auto sells for almost the same as last year in the first week of release. Assuming Meadows is in it, he and Frazier will be your $50+ guys - compared to Almora and Zunino of 2012. There will probably be 6-8 $15-$25 guys, like last year, and similar tiers of $8-$15 and $3-$8 guys...
Just my opinion of course
Old 10-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #267 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus View Post
the last few years the entire auto checklist were 1st round picks & supplemental 1st rounders. there have already been a few 2nd rounders confirmed so i'm not so sure how stacked this checklist will be with 1st round draft picks.
True, but weren't there WAY more supp picks in 2012? You have to compared overall draft pick position - there were a handful of guys in the 40's and 50's in last years set - just like we are seeing this year. I'm assuming this is intentional - Topps wouldn't announce the best 6 guys first then start announcing the crap...they start with a bang, roll out some fluff, then will magically add some studs at the end. In 2011, Bundy, Starling and two other big names (Bauer maybe?) were announced VERY late. Time will tell, I'm willing to bet they are following this blueprint...
Old 10-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #268 (permalink)

Quote:
True, but weren't there WAY more supp picks in 2012? You have to compared overall draft pick position - there were a handful of guys in the 40's and 50's in last years set - just like we are seeing this year. I'm assuming this is intentional - Topps wouldn't announce the best 6 guys first then start announcing the crap...they start with a bang, roll out some fluff, then will magically add some studs at the end. In 2011, Bundy, Starling and two other big names (Bauer maybe?) were announced VERY late. Time will tell, I'm willing to bet they are following this blueprint...
But when are they gonna start announcing players? I'm getting antsy!
Old 10-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #269 (permalink)

Quote:
But when are they gonna start announcing players? I'm getting antsy!
With only three weeks to go, I'm a little surprised at the lack of names...unless they plan on delaying the release. If they are going to honor 11/13, my guess is they start putting out 2-3 names a day for the next two weeks - but I'm sure Jaypers knows a hell of a lot more about that than I do, maybe he can comment
Old 10-23-2013, 12:35 PM   #270 (permalink)
Bowman Scout

Quote:
With only three weeks to go, I'm a little surprised at the lack of names...unless they plan on delaying the release. If they are going to honor 11/13, my guess is they start putting out 2-3 names a day for the next two weeks - but I'm sure Jaypers knows a hell of a lot more about that than I do, maybe he can comment
That would be an incorrect assumption. I find out at the same time as everyone else does.

If you want to make your message board experience a lot more enjoyable, simply block those who constantly lie, deflect and troll others. You'll be glad you did.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #271 (permalink)

Quote:
That would be an incorrect assumption. I find out at the same time as everyone else does.
so goes that theory. I guess the waiting game continues...
Old 10-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #272 (permalink)

Quote:
Congratulations JP! That's officially the 100th time you've said that.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #273 (permalink)
Bowman Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
Congratulations JP! That's officially the 100th time you've said that.
If people would actually read my other 99 times I wouldn't have to.

Old 10-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #274 (permalink)

Quote:
I'd disagree with this somewhat. The 2012 draft had two major headliners, then a handful of decent prospects - it was not a particularly strong draft. After Addison Russell the rest of round 1 was very nondescript (note this was at product release - yes, Wacha turned out to be a beast). I would agree that Appel/Bryant isn't as much "pop" as Correa/Buxton, but after that the drafts are similar in terms of talent. If Topps follows last years logic, I would be willing to bet that the average auto sells for almost the same as last year in the first week of release. Assuming Meadows is in it, he and Frazier will be your $50+ guys - compared to Almora and Zunino of 2012. There will probably be 6-8 $15-$25 guys, like last year, and similar tiers of $8-$15 and $3-$8 guys...
Just my opinion of course
Yea and I think Dom smith sells for 30 plus atleast
Old 10-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #275 (permalink)

Fact remains with this checklist I don't see where busting cases would be profitable unless you got an extremely lucky hit. I don't believe in "this draft is better than this draft" because I'll be buying singles of players I think will be good regardless of what number they were drafted. Not sure how much cases are running now a days but I'd much rather buy however many singles of Dom Smith I can get for the same price. Sure I'll miss out on the "homerun" chance but the chances of losing money will be alot less also.
ctbinvestments is offline   Reply With Quote