Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 10:25 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,234
Default

So these draft cards aren't being released through Bowman FB but on Twitter accounts? Just wondering if we are going to see a lot coming next couple of weeks or they will be parsed out over the next month or so.
padsfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:27 PM   #27 (permalink)
Bowman Scout
 
Jaypers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: IL
Posts: 8,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by padsfan10 View Post
So these draft cards aren't being released through Bowman FB but on Twitter accounts? Just wondering if we are going to see a lot coming next couple of weeks or they will be parsed out over the next month or so.
Some players tweet pics while their cards are still in their possession. Others don't, and we don't find out for sure they're in Draft until Topps announces it, via FB and/or Twitter.
__________________
J.P.

If you want to make your message board experience a lot more enjoyable, simply block those who constantly lie, deflect and troll others. You'll be glad you did.
Jaypers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,234
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
Some players tweet pics while their cards are still in their possession. Others don't, and we don't find out for sure they're in Draft until Topps announces it, via FB and/or Twitter.
Ahh mucho gracias. I figured as much so it's interesting there are a few Draft folks already. Looking forward to the updates. Thanks again.
padsfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
dthimesch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 16,712
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
As a live auto, we don't know. It would seem the answer is no, since Topps was showing off live autos of everyone else, but not of Puig.

So to say hell have a Bowman Chrome Superfractor is probable at this point; but I would venture to say such a card doesn't exist right now.

Wouldn't you?
I am pretty sure that if he is on the checklist it means he is in Bowman Chrome. If he is on the checklist I don't know how you can possibly say that Smith is better than anyone in Bowman Chrome. That is unless of course you think smith is better than Puig.
__________________
Twitter: @thedthimesch
Ustream Channel: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dthimesch
Vaughntv Channel: http://breakers.tv/dthimesch
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
NeedChapmans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 8,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
I am pretty sure that if he is on the checklist it means he is in Bowman Chrome. If he is on the checklist I don't know how you can possibly say that Smith is better than anyone in Bowman Chrome. That is unless of course you think smith is better than Puig.
You're twisting my words Dave. My comment was about Smith having a nicer auto than anyone Bowman Chrome showcased, and that his auto was worth more than anyone Chrome showcased in their checklist release. I simply meant to say his auto is nicer, and more valuable than anyone Bowman Scout tweeted with a live BC auto.

I'm not sure why you are harping on this one so much ... do you truly think I feel a Puig auto is less valuable than a Smith auto?
__________________
If you need a quick pick me up - Wax Fang - The Majestic

Last edited by NeedChapmans; 09-23-2013 at 10:42 PM.
NeedChapmans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #31 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
dthimesch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 16,712
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
You're twisting my words Dave. My comment was about Smith having a nicer auto than anyone Bowman Chrome showcased, and that his auto was worth more than anyone Chrome showcased in their checklist release. I simply meant to say his auto is nicer, and more valuable than anyone Bowman Scout tweeted with a live BC auto.

I'm not sure why you are harping on this one so much ... do you truly think I feel a Puig auto is less valuable than a Smith auto?

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh. Sorry Not twisting your words. Just completely missed what it was you were actually posting.
__________________
Twitter: @thedthimesch
Ustream Channel: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dthimesch
Vaughntv Channel: http://breakers.tv/dthimesch
dthimesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:12 AM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
raidersfan1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: bayside, ny
Posts: 3,432
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
You're twisting my words Dave. My comment was about Smith having a nicer auto than anyone Bowman Chrome showcased, and that his auto was worth more than anyone Chrome showcased in their checklist release. I simply meant to say his auto is nicer, and more valuable than anyone Bowman Scout tweeted with a live BC auto.

I'm not sure why you are harping on this one so much ... do you truly think I feel a Puig auto is less valuable than a Smith auto?
obviously you think this, there is no doubt, unequivicollay you 100% said, mean, and are implying that Dom Smith is at least 300 times better then Puig. And as we all know being the mr. smarty pants that you are if you say it it must be so. just like when you claim that this billy hamilton kid is good or something, what do you know anyways. just go back to buying your zuninos and leave poor dave alone!!
__________________
Always looking for Jordany Valdespin, Eddie Butler, Chris Archer, Braden Shipley, Kevin Ziomek and 2006 Allen and Ginter Carl Lewis Cards Block EBAY 2013elamis
raidersfan1983 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:17 AM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
NeedChapmans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 8,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidersfan1983 View Post
obviously you think this, there is no doubt, unequivicollay you 100% said, mean, and are implying that Dom Smith is at least 300 times better then Puig. And as we all know being the mr. smarty pants that you are if you say it it must be so. just like when you claim that this billy hamilton kid is good or something, what do you know anyways. just go back to buying your zuninos and leave poor dave alone!!
Heh ... if I were you ... I'd consider picking up a second life insurance policy.
__________________
If you need a quick pick me up - Wax Fang - The Majestic
NeedChapmans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:41 AM   #34 (permalink)
BlowoutTV
 
houdini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East Coast
Posts: 19,148
Default

There are a lot of bullies in this thread already!



....and by that, I mean dave and jaypers!
__________________
Ustream Link
Breakers.TV Link
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:56 AM   #35 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: tampa,fl
Posts: 1,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear0555 View Post
I want to buy your Cobi Johnson autos.
I have some Cobi Johnson Aflac autos ...
danny_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:24 AM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bogor, Indonesia
Posts: 705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
I knew it. The second that Dominic Smith went live, you we're gonna get this started!

That Dominic Smith is already a better auto than anyone in Bowman Chrome had (and likely a more valuable one too!)

JP ... for the love of God. Under 45 autos please! (We all know you are in charge)
I think mondesi is better than dom smith but that is just me.
__________________
Home of my PC collection: www.edisoncards.com
T3sT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:57 AM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
AUTaxMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 514
Default

Jason Hursh has to make the cut.
__________________
COLLECTING
GREG MADDUX, QUENTIN GROVES, FRANK SANDERS, AND AUBURN TIGERS
AUTaxMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,667
Default

That smith is awesome. Looking forward to some Meadows.
stormshadow815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
hoopster3977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Upper Peninsula
Posts: 2,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
There are a lot of bullies in this thread already!



....and by that, I mean dave and jaypers!
Just chimming in, and I'm basically passing on 2013 Bowman Chrome. Maybe a few group breaks, but I've already paid for 5 cases of Draft below $620.
hoopster3977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:13 PM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
hche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,646
Default

The D.J. Peterson Blue looks like blue wave autos. So save the wrappers?

I thought Puig is a prospect auto in Bowman Chrome, so he probably will get a Bowman Chrome RC auto in BDPP (kind of like the green Harper last year)?
hche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 5,846
Default

Hoping for K.J. Woods but I doubt he makes the auto checklist. Local kid that lives about a mile down the road from me so I'll try and make a rainbow just for kicks.
__________________
My self-centered words of wisdom about prospecting:
"The higher draft pick isn't always the best player" &
"Don't try to buy the best player, try to buy the most undervalued player"
ctbinvestments is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
jewcer2k5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 9,067
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hche View Post
The D.J. Peterson Blue looks like blue wave autos. So save the wrappers?

I thought Puig is a prospect auto in Bowman Chrome, so he probably will get a Bowman Chrome RC auto in BDPP (kind of like the green Harper last year)?
Prospect auto but RC base card.
__________________
Never be afraid to make me an offer, if someone gets offended by an offer on a baseball card they have other, much larger, problems.
Please don't waste my time or yours by asking me for my best price because I don't negotiate against myself. Everything is OBO.
jewcer2k5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: florida
Posts: 2,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hche View Post
The D.J. Peterson Blue looks like blue wave autos. So save the wrappers?

I thought Puig is a prospect auto in Bowman Chrome, so he probably will get a Bowman Chrome RC auto in BDPP (kind of like the green Harper last year)?
no need to save wrappers for that reason. blue waves will be live in product...
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
Twinsfan33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Valley of the Sun
Posts: 1,727
Default

Will Kohl Stewart be in Draft of '14 Bowman??!
__________________
HUGE Minnesota sports fan!
PC-Joe Mauer,Twins,Twins Prospects,Vikings and some T-Wolves
Twinsfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
IamRalpho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 11,005
Default

I dont want to get into this pissing contest but Dom Smith is a legit top 100 prospect, probably the best power bat from the 13 draft.

On that note, he is not a better prospect than Glasnow, Owens at least. I forget who else is in Chrome already.

2 years from now, sure he might be the best 1B prospect in the minors, but right now hes a 75-100 prospect.
__________________
If you have under 25 iTrader feedback or any negative, I will ask you to send first
IamRalpho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
NeedChapmans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 8,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
I dont want to get into this pissing contest but Dom Smith is a legit top 100 prospect, probably the best power bat from the 13 draft.

On that note, he is not a better prospect than Glasnow, Owens at least. I forget who else is in Chrome already.

2 years from now, sure he might be the best 1B prospect in the minors, but right now hes a 75-100 prospect.
I agree with everything you said. But Dominic Smith will still outsell all 56 prospect autos in 2013 Chrome (not Puig).

Mets / Hitter / Young. There is no combination like that in Chrome this year.
__________________
If you need a quick pick me up - Wax Fang - The Majestic
NeedChapmans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 17,492
Default

The one thing topps is doing is flooding the market with Puig Redemptions all at the same time. Sucks for collectors
__________________
If I make an offer it is valid for 12 hours. Please understand the reasoning that I want to buy without hassles.
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
Ziveus101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Empire State
Posts: 2,510
Default

...........
__________________
Pandemonium Doesn't Reign Around Here, It Pours

Last edited by Ziveus101; 05-24-2014 at 02:29 PM. Reason: ...........
Ziveus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #49 (permalink)
Member
 
IamRalpho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 11,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
I agree with everything you said. But Dominic Smith will still outsell all 56 prospect autos in 2013 Chrome (not Puig).

Mets / Hitter / Young. There is no combination like that in Chrome this year.
Probably. I mean hes a good sell, not an overrated prospect that just get pushed up because hes a NY (Hello Ravel Santana)

I think Owens and Glasnow sell really well though
__________________
If you have under 25 iTrader feedback or any negative, I will ask you to send first
IamRalpho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:34 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
MikeWilliamsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,446
Default

Any chance we see another JP in this product? (JP Crawford?)
__________________
Eagles: 3-0 .......GO BIRDS!

JP Crawford Supercollector
MikeWilliamsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.