Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2008, 10:49 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2008 Topps Heritage Sales

Anyone have input on how there sales are going so far.
Bill22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 12:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

the Sp's / Black Backs and inserts are selling really well for me.

but i didn't pull anything major...

my "hit" (if you can call it that), was a Mazeroski Clubhouse Bat Relic.
go_steelers07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

No Big sales.Have not sold a master set yet.A couple base sets.Have not sold a black set or extras yet.BUT THANKS to all for the info with SP's and sets.Great group on people on this message board!!!!!!!!!!!!
hockeynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Sales seem to be really down this year at release as compared to other years. Probably a symptom of the economy, market, and the increasing complexity of what a "set" consists of, which confuses both the sellers and the buyers.

I really think the pre-sellers did more harm than good on this one, as they've been advertising sets for a few weeks now, and it ended up the configuration was totally different. Now people don't know what to think, and everyone is frustrated. But that's just my observation, as I've seen sales of Heritage decline every year for the past three years now. Still a decent product, but certainly not the cash cow it once was given the amount of work and time you have to put into sorting, listing, packing, shipping. Almost doesn't seem worth it.
tarzanlovesjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

didn't bust any heritage this year (which is why i want all the gum ha), but i've been browsing listings for things to buy, and frankly, a lot of the sellers' asking prices seem high, so i'm waiting for the market to settle. heritage used to be an easy and great $ maker (and probably still is if you get in cheap enough and list early enough), but it seems like demand keeps falling every year. add in the impact of presellers getting in earlier and earlier AND the 'confusion' of this year and it seems more 'chaotic' than before.

i think this year, a lot of people who may have bought heritage feel 'flooded'- e.g., bowman draft, bowman sterling, elite extra...and that's JUST if you do the '3 big' baseball products during this time of year. add in other sports or other releases- AND the release of the baseball 'top prospect' guides/lists (which often diverts $ elsewhere) and I think people are sitting on the sidelines more. last year, it seemed like there was more space between bcdp, sterling, etc. this year, it just seems like product after product in a VERY tight space and unless you MUST have a particular card right this minute, i just don't see the 'right out of the gates' demand.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:52 AM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

This product was a definate winner for me. I bought 1 case made $100 profit and got to keep the 2 autographed cards plus a cubs team set. Not too shabby, just wish i wouldve preordered more than 1 case.
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmanesq View Post
it seems like demand keeps falling every year

if anything demand is increasing. the trouble is the number of sellers and the average amount they rip is increasing faster than demand (thanks mostly to the MLBPA's severe limit on brands).
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil View Post
if anything demand is increasing. the trouble is the number of sellers and the average amount they rip is increasing faster than demand (thanks mostly to the MLBPA's severe limit on brands).

What are you drinking ?? ***if anything demand is increasing***** then you post .....average amount they rip is increasing faster than demand ....
So based on your post...sales are low and slow correct??
What am I missing please enlighten me

Peter newengland4me
newengland4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Still a money maker for me though not nearly what it used to be. I averaged less than $2 for each SP whereas that number was almost double that in the past.

Peter - I think what he means is that there is still incredible demand for the product but the number of rip and flippers has increased at a higher rate.

To put numbers to it hypothetically say there were 10000 buyers and 500 sellers in 2004, now those numbers would be 15000 and 1000. The secondary market is much more saturated, everything still sells but there's not as much competition for the set/SPs/Chromes/etc so the realized prices aren't reaching the prices from before.

And then there's the whole economy thing.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newengland4me View Post
What are you drinking ?? ***if anything demand is increasing***** then you post .....average amount they rip is increasing faster than demand ....
So based on your post...sales are low and slow correct??
What am I missing please enlighten me

my point was i don't think a decrease in demand is the problem. from what i've seen there are more people buying and/or finishing their own heritage sets this year than ever.

the problem is the MLBPA limit on products has narrowed the options sellers have available so much that sellers have all been forced to focus on the same few key products, creating a supply glut - an artificial market imbalance created by the boneheads running the MLBPA.
phil is offline   Reply With Quote