Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2014, 12:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,816
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
I think the suspension more has to do with the interfering with the banned substance investigation than the actual steroid use itself.
what would you do if MLB was conducting a witch hunt against you? Would you try to protect yourself?
groundsupport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:20 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,276
Default

Since he's taking this to federal court, that means he's appealing, right? So that means he can play.

He says he never used and that everyone is stacking the deck against him. That's why he said he'd take things all the way to the federal level since he did nothing wrong.
__________________
Tyrell Jenkins Supercollector
crazy4kinsler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: None of your damn business
Posts: 8,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4kinsler View Post
Since he's taking this to federal court, that means he's appealing, right? So that means he can play.

He says he never used and that everyone is stacking the deck against him. That's why he said he'd take things all the way to the federal level since he did nothing wrong.
I don't think so. That 'appeal' is outside of the collectively bargained process. It is solely on his own. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. The potential upside if he were to win that case is that he would be subject to damages for any games that he had been forced to sit out including salary, missed endorsement opportunities etc.
__________________
I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:28 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Djameson79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4kinsler View Post
Since he's taking this to federal court, that means he's appealing, right? So that means he can play.

He says he never used and that everyone is stacking the deck against him. That's why he said he'd take things all the way to the federal level since he did nothing wrong.

He would have to get an injunction against MLB in order for him to play this season. That seems unlikely, but possible.

He's also suing MLB and the Yankees team doctor as well.

What a mess.
__________________
"Why doesn't Jose Abreu hit a home run every time hes up?" -My 6 year old son at U.S. Cellular Field.
Djameson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:30 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 12,254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
what would you do if MLB was conducting a witch hunt against you? Would you try to protect yourself?
Don't put me in "what if" scenarios if you are going to start off with "conducting a witch hunt".

He interfered. Yes I would fight it, but I'm also less of an ass than he is, and wouldn't have taken it to the level it's at now.

I also wouldn't have taken steroids or any of the other shady stuff he's done. See how a what if doesn't fit here?
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
980 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:37 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,816
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
Don't put me in "what if" scenarios if you are going to start off with "conducting a witch hunt".

He interfered. Yes I would fight it, but I'm also less of an ass than he is, and wouldn't have taken it to the level it's at now.

I also wouldn't have taken steroids or any of the other shady stuff he's done. See how a what if doesn't fit here?
There are plenty of what "ifs"...

He played in the era that it was ok to use it... So he was tied to it as many many many other stars were as well.. Since then he hasn't been busted with it.

Then his name was put on a list and MLB went on a witch hunt trying to dig up anything and everything. Which in fact, all they had to do is get him to fail a drug test.

Bottom line, when you're fighting for 25 millions dollars or so, you'd do anything to get that money that is owed to you, especially when the man believes he is innocent.

Who's to say whats in the documents? Did he know? Maybe he went after them to find out what was said about him before MLB got their hands on them?

Is he is dbag? Yes. Is he being done wrong by MLB? Yes.

The guy is done in a 2-3 years, and probably would be hurt 75% of the time anyways.. MLB is making this more of an eye sore then need be, and Arod is fighting for his name, and money...
groundsupport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:42 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
lazygambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: boiler room (got a few places)
Posts: 3,207
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
Lol, don't read my post after that one then. The soft(er) side came out and I'm afraid I will have let you down.
I had my faith in you back for mere seconds before you stomped it away again
__________________
All my friends and their lovers know me as BDLM
lazygambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:46 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
Djameson79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 939
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
There are plenty of what "ifs"...

He played in the era that it was ok to use it... So he was tied to it as many many many other stars were as well.. Since then he hasn't been busted with it.

Then his name was put on a list and MLB went on a witch hunt trying to dig up anything and everything. Which in fact, all they had to do is get him to fail a drug test.

Bottom line, when you're fighting for 25 millions dollars or so, you'd do anything to get that money that is owed to you, especially when the man believes he is innocent.

Who's to say whats in the documents? Did he know? Maybe he went after them to find out what was said about him before MLB got their hands on them?

Is he is dbag? Yes. Is he being done wrong by MLB? Yes.

The guy is done in a 2-3 years, and probably would be hurt 75% of the time anyways.. MLB is making this more of an eye sore then need be, andArod is fighting for his name, and money...
His name is shot, he already knows this. He saw the lack of HOF support PED guys are getting.

He's fighting this for the money. 100%
__________________
"Why doesn't Jose Abreu hit a home run every time hes up?" -My 6 year old son at U.S. Cellular Field.
Djameson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:47 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,816
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djameson79 View Post
His name is shot, he already knows this. He saw the lack of HOF support PED guys are getting.

He's fighting this for the money. 100%
He is too big of a dbag to know that.....
groundsupport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:53 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 12,254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
There are plenty of what "ifs"...

He played in the era that it was ok to use it... So he was tied to it as many many many other stars were as well.. Since then he hasn't been busted with it.

Then his name was put on a list and MLB went on a witch hunt trying to dig up anything and everything. Which in fact, all they had to do is get him to fail a drug test.

Bottom line, when you're fighting for 25 millions dollars or so, you'd do anything to get that money that is owed to you, especially when the man believes he is innocent.

Who's to say whats in the documents? Did he know? Maybe he went after them to find out what was said about him before MLB got their hands on them?

Is he is dbag? Yes. Is he being done wrong by MLB? Yes.

The guy is done in a 2-3 years, and probably would be hurt 75% of the time anyways.. MLB is making this more of an eye sore then need be, and Arod is fighting for his name, and money...
All MLB has done in the past couple months is go through the process with the procedure that is in place. A-Rod is the one going on radio shows, letting info "slip" out through his agent, "news" hitting right when people seem to forget about it for a while.

A-rod has no name left, and basically said yesterday he wouldn't fight it if it was less than 100 because it wouldn't be worth the cost, as he would break even at that point. That alone tells me he could care less about playing, he just wants to get paid.
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
980 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:54 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,816
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
All MLB has done in the past couple months is go through the process with the procedure that is in place. A-Rod is the one going on radio shows, letting info "slip" out through his agent, "news" hitting right when people seem to forget about it for a while.

A-rod has no name left, and basically said yesterday he wouldn't fight it if it was less than 100 because it wouldn't be worth the cost, as he would break even at that point. That alone tells me he could care less about playing, he just wants to get paid.
Has to play to get paid....

His statement that came out today says he wants nothing but another championship...

"The number of games sadly comes as no surprise, as the deck has been stacked against me from day one. This is one man's decision, that was not put before a fair and impartial jury, does not involve me having failed a single drug test, is at odds with the facts and is inconsistent with the terms of the Joint Drug Agreement and the Basic Agreement, and relies on testimony and documents that would never have been allowed in any court in the United States because they are false and wholly unreliable. This injustice is MLB's first step toward abolishing guaranteed contracts in the 2016 bargaining round, instituting lifetime bans for single violations of drug policy, and further insulating its corrupt investigative program from any variety defense by accused players, or any variety of objective review.

I have been clear that I did not use performance enhancing substances as alleged in the notice of discipline, or violate the Basic Agreement or the Joint Drug Agreement in any manner, and in order to prove it I will take this fight to federal court. I am confident that when a Federal Judge reviews the entirety of the record, the hearsay testimony of a criminal whose own records demonstrate that he dealt drugs to minors, and the lack of credible evidence put forth by MLB, that the judge will find that the panel blatantly disregarded the law and facts, and will overturn the suspension. No player should have to go through what I have been dealing with, and I am exhausting all options to ensure not only that I get justice, but that players' contracts and rights are protected through the next round of bargaining, and that the MLB investigation and arbitration process cannot be used against others in the future the way it is currently being used to unjustly punish me.

I will continue to work hard to get back on the field and help the Yankees achieve the ultimate goal of winning another championship. I want to sincerely thank my family, all of my friends, and of course the fans and many of my fellow MLB players for the incredible support I received throughout this entire ordeal."
groundsupport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 12:57 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 12,254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
Has to play to get paid....

His statement that came out today says he wants nothing but another championship...

"The number of games sadly comes as no surprise, as the deck has been stacked against me from day one. This is one man's decision, that was not put before a fair and impartial jury, does not involve me having failed a single drug test, is at odds with the facts and is inconsistent with the terms of the Joint Drug Agreement and the Basic Agreement, and relies on testimony and documents that would never have been allowed in any court in the United States because they are false and wholly unreliable. This injustice is MLB's first step toward abolishing guaranteed contracts in the 2016 bargaining round, instituting lifetime bans for single violations of drug policy, and further insulating its corrupt investigative program from any variety defense by accused players, or any variety of objective review.

I have been clear that I did not use performance enhancing substances as alleged in the notice of discipline, or violate the Basic Agreement or the Joint Drug Agreement in any manner, and in order to prove it I will take this fight to federal court. I am confident that when a Federal Judge reviews the entirety of the record, the hearsay testimony of a criminal whose own records demonstrate that he dealt drugs to minors, and the lack of credible evidence put forth by MLB, that the judge will find that the panel blatantly disregarded the law and facts, and will overturn the suspension. No player should have to go through what I have been dealing with, and I am exhausting all options to ensure not only that I get justice, but that players' contracts and rights are protected through the next round of bargaining, and that the MLB investigation and arbitration process cannot be used against others in the future the way it is currently being used to unjustly punish me.

I will continue to work hard to get back on the field and help the Yankees achieve the ultimate goal of winning another championship. I want to sincerely thank my family, all of my friends, and of course the fans and many of my fellow MLB players for the incredible support I received throughout this entire ordeal."
A-Rod isn't stupid enough to say "All I want is the money". He has a publicist, this statement was planned in advance, for both good or bad outcomes.

Agree to disagree though.
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
980 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:00 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,816
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
A-Rod isn't stupid enough to say "All I want is the money". He has a publicist, this statement was planned in advance, for both good or bad outcomes.

Agree to disagree though.
If you think he isn't a competitor, then I believe you are wrong. I agree a lot has to do about $$$$ he is owed, but he knows his time is running out.

I'll agree to disagree with you.

But we both agree he is a complete tool.
groundsupport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:24 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,345
Default

Can anyone tell me what was the original suspension offer? Wasn't Arod offered a reduced game suspension number and he declined it?
enyouartist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:25 PM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
groundsupport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,816
Send a message via AIM to groundsupport
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enyouartist View Post
Can anyone tell me what was the original suspension offer? Wasn't Arod offered a reduced game suspension number and he declined it?
212 games.
groundsupport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:26 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: None of your damn business
Posts: 8,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enyouartist View Post
Can anyone tell me what was the original suspension offer? Wasn't Arod offered a reduced game suspension number and he declined it?
211 games I think.
__________________
I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:27 PM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
frozenntimesports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: York, PA
Posts: 10,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djameson79 View Post
He can't Appeal anymore, that was his appeal.

Good news for the Yankees. At least one year of his ridiculous contract won't have to be paid.
He can appeal, he can request the court grant an injunction against MLB for suspending him while the lawsuit he is going to file against MLB is heard.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
I think the suspension more has to do with the interfering with the banned substance investigation than the actual steroid use itself.
It probably does, but MLB bought the evidence from a slimeball who was looking for a way out, how hard would it have been to add A-Rod's name to his database or his notes? Not hard.


Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4kinsler View Post
He says he never used and that everyone is stacking the deck against him. That's why he said he'd take things all the way to the federal level since he did nothing wrong.
Good for him, MLB has been playing dirty since day 1, I hope he gets justice.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:33 PM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
212 games.
What's Arod original offered a number BEFORE the 212 games?
enyouartist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:37 PM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
jmscoggin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: None of your damn business
Posts: 8,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enyouartist View Post
What's Arod original offered a number BEFORE the 212 games?
211 and I don't remeber that there was one. That is what pissed him off so much. He didn't feel that it should have been higher than Braun's 105.
__________________
I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:37 PM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
TarjetasBéisbol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NOVA
Posts: 2,984
Default

Of course ARod is going to appeal because of the money, I think any one of us would do the same thing if we were looking at losing a whole years worth of salary. ARods statement was predetermined, adding

the mention of the 2016 players agreement tries to make him look as if he is doing it for all MLB players. Arod is no Curt Flood and I wish this whole drama would just go away but I am sure this will come back to over

shadow some parts of the season. I like Jose Canseco's twitter post: "At least it wasn't lifetime b*tch tit".

The one thing that stands out to me is that now the Yankees will be able to free up money so they can go after Tanaka. This is big news for them and I am sure they are getting ready to take on the Dodgers, Cubs and

any other team in a bidding war. This is the best news Tanaka could ever have, let the bidding war begin.
TarjetasBéisbol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:40 PM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
armyatc22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the Army wants me to live
Posts: 18,566
Default

Truthfully do you think A-Rod will care?

If he doesn't play this year he will prob travel and make appearances around the country to make up "some" of the lost funds

He already has a butt load of cash so again I highly doubt he cares if he plays or not
__________________
1st ever BLOWOUTCARDS Assassin League Champion
Currently Collecting Dolphins, Nationals, Sara Underwood, and Alabama Football Players in Alabama Uniforms
Moving to Germany September 2014
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:42 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
TarjetasBéisbol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NOVA
Posts: 2,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Truthfully do you think A-Rod will care?

If he doesn't play this year he will prob travel and make appearances around the country to make up "some" of the lost funds

He already has a butt load of cash so again I highly doubt he cares if he plays or not
I really think that he cares if he plays or not, he is like the players who don't know when to retire and end up embarrassing themselves until the end. When you strip everything away, deep down all players just want to play the game.
TarjetasBéisbol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:57 PM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,736
Default

Braun fails a real test, Gets suspended a dumb arbitrator undoes the suspension....Braun gets caught in the BIO scandal gets a slap on the wrist 50 games (others get suspended too). Arod NEVER failed a test, Gets caught in BIO scandal gets 211 games reduced to 162 Arod IMO should not have a problem winning his appeal to a real court. IF he don't win than their is seriously something wrong.
Wolves4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:02 PM   #49 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The 01246
Posts: 1,538
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
211 and I don't remeber that there was one. That is what pissed him off so much. He didn't feel that it should have been higher than Braun's 105.
Braun got 65. Available for Opening Day!
VeedonFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:02 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
Nyfancam01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,748
Default

stupid decision.
this is pathetic.
__________________
I collect the pound for pound greatest player of all time...ALLEN IVERSON !
$$$ ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY AI $$$!!!
Currently: 39 AUTOS, 275+ GAME USED & TONS OF RARE INSERTS/#'d
Nyfancam01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.