Blowout Cards Forums
Sean Bassik

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2007, 12:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default We should see Bowman Chrome breaks tomorrow...

There are a few posts over on Beckett saying Distributors recieved Bowman Chrome today. One guy even said his hobby shop called him and said he could pick his 10 cases up tomorrow. So we should start seeing this broken and on Ebay tomorrow.

Any idea when Chris will be shipping this out? I paid for 2 day shipping....will he ship Monday with a chance I actually get it by Wed? (Sucks being on the West Coast.)
rockholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:03 AM   #2 (permalink)

If Chris gets his on time we will have it on time. He is very good about that. If you paid for 2 day you will have your cases by Wed.
scottiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

A few things to keep a close eye on if this guy is busting and posting his results tonight.

1. Odds on the inserts vs. last year will determine increase in the print run vs. last year.
2. If Topps short printed any of the auto we will have the dreaded "group" auto lists.
3. Any final changes to the checklist.
4. The dreaded redemption cards.

Last edited by jebjeb1; 08-17-2007 at 11:05 AM.
jebjeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:20 AM   #4 (permalink)

Who is this guy, and where does he post his results or does he just list on eBay?
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:23 AM   #5 (permalink)

I don't think he will list on Ebay, but over the other boards he usually is the first to do a live break before anyone else. He is a distributor so has the product early.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

doesn't lawrence (anythingu) get his stuff early too? hopefully we'll see an early break from him as well.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

I e-mailed the guy on the other board to inquire about his early break. He is a super nice guy and his initial return e-mail was that he hoped to get his a chunk of his cases (he is doing 12 total) Saturday for a live break that night. He e-mailed me this afternoon that his weren't coming in until Tuesday and that was only with overnight shipping. I hope this doesn't mean a delay for the rest of us.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Chris was out today, so couldn't get any confirmation if they were going to ship next week.

If they are shipping Monday I would think we would see the product showing up through a few distributor breaks or our friends in Tawain today.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

There was someone on the BMB that said he would be picking 10 cases up at 6:00 PM (I think eastern) tonight.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

Different guy I guess. The guy that busted 11 cases early last year was the one I e-mailed. Either way we will get to see whats up with this years Chrome.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:44 AM   #11 (permalink)

I'm direct with Topps and just checked my shipping on it. The shipping says rescheduled for the 21st, so hopefully this doesn't mean that all shipments have been rescheduled.
bigdsdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiff View Post
If Chris gets his on time we will have it on time. He is very good about that. If you paid for 2 day you will have your cases by Wed.
Not true....I paid for OVERNIGHT on my 2007 Bowman order and it was shipped GROUND and I was pissed. I did return them with no problems and it actually saved me money!!!
cowboyfaninlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:23 PM   #13 (permalink)

Easy Cowboy there is a difference. If you had gotten what you paid for you would have gotten your cards overnight. Jeb is 3 days from Chris by ground. If he pays for 2 day shipping and there are no errors he will get his in 2 days. Chris is not going to violate street date so unless you are 3 or more days by ground from him it would be insane to upgrade shipping.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:28 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdsdynasty View Post
I'm direct with Topps and just checked my shipping on it. The shipping says rescheduled for the 21st, so hopefully this doesn't mean that all shipments have been rescheduled.
Checked with my card shop friend and he is now showing re-scheduled for the 22nd through Topps direct. His cases are in Memphis TN. which would put them getting to him Monday by UPS ground. One would have to assume that Topps has stopped shipment to prevent this from happening. This can be done through UPS it is called Futuring. It looks as if maybe Topps is actually trying to police the street date of their direct orders. Maybe that guy listing his case has prompted this???? It would be nice if this became policy for Topps.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:10 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiff View Post
Easy Cowboy there is a difference. If you had gotten what you paid for you would have gotten your cards overnight. Jeb is 3 days from Chris by ground. If he pays for 2 day shipping and there are no errors he will get his in 2 days. Chris is not going to violate street date so unless you are 3 or more days by ground from him it would be insane to upgrade shipping.
Easy scott....I ordered mine on RELEASE date so it was already live and it was a mistake on their part as it was shipped ground, I am not "bashing" anybody just saying that mistakes do happen.
cowboyfaninlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:42 PM   #16 (permalink)

Got ya bro. No worries.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

When I order new products from blowout, they are typically shipped two days prior to release and I receive them on release date.

As was stated before, the only advantage in upgrading shipping for new products is for people west of the Mississippi
Old 08-18-2007, 07:25 PM   #18 (permalink)

Chris was out on Friday, but Pat thought they would ship on Monday for those more than 2 days away.