Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2014, 12:51 AM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rseve43 View Post
As for the CJ argument going on in this thread:
CJ Edwards is WAY too low. I'm definitely higher on him than some, but not to crack the top 50 is a joke given what he's done so far. I'd have him in the 25-40 range. Yes, durability is a concern given his size, but the guy has flat-out dominated everywhere he's been since turning pro. This will be the make or break season for him as a prospect...his 2013 couldn't have possibly been better but now it's time to do it against the upper levels of the Minors.
Regarding CJ Edwards, you also have to remember that he is old for his level and has not thrown a lot of innings as a professional. He'll be 22 years, 6 months when Opening Day rolls around, still hasn't pitched above A-ball, and has less than 185 IP as a professional. Most top pitching prospects are in the majors already by the time they're 22 and a half, or at the very least in AAA, and have thrown 300-400 IP as a professional.
mfw13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:43 PM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfw13 View Post
Regarding CJ Edwards, you also have to remember that he is old for his level and has not thrown a lot of innings as a professional. He'll be 22 years, 6 months when Opening Day rolls around, still hasn't pitched above A-ball, and has less than 185 IP as a professional. Most top pitching prospects are in the majors already by the time they're 22 and a half, or at the very least in AAA, and have thrown 300-400 IP as a professional.
I understand that argument but I personally am not high on it. What has become the norm bc of foreign players and hs draftees shouldn't hurt others in ranking as much as it does. Springer is gonna be 25. Mike Olt when he was hot was old for his level at AA. There are good minor leaguers who just play well and either got put on a slower track or developed late but are still ballers!
Old 01-29-2014, 03:14 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
I understand that argument but I personally am not high on it. What has become the norm bc of foreign players and hs draftees shouldn't hurt others in ranking as much as it does. Springer is gonna be 25. Mike Olt when he was hot was old for his level at AA. There are good minor leaguers who just play well and either got put on a slower track or developed late but are still ballers!

Funny that both players you mentioned went to UConn. No other real analysis, just thought it was ironic.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:16 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabballplayer14 View Post
Funny that both players you mentioned went to UConn. No other real analysis, just thought it was ironic.
When Hasheem Thabeet, Ray Allen and Charlie Villanueva were in High A they were 28!