Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2014, 03:57 PM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
chris_ac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,840
Default

Well, I just busted 3 blasters and didn't hit a huge name, but got a Devon Travis Emerald Auto /25. He's listed as the 2nd best prospect in Detroit according to BA recently, so it's a somebody even though he's a 2nd baseman.
__________________
Collecting Anze Kopitar
chris_ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:59 PM   #52 (permalink)
Member
 
death2redemptions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Previously Banned Member
Posts: 28,262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ac View Post
Well, I just busted 3 blasters and didn't hit a huge name, but got a Devon Travis Emerald Auto /25. He's listed as the 2nd best prospect in Detroit according to BA recently, so it's a somebody even though he's a 2nd baseman.
I pulled his base auto which was SP'd #d to 115 and sold it for $12 so for retail that would be a really big hit. I imagine you could pull in a little over $20 for that card.
__________________
The Braves SUCK!
Offseason solution:
Fire everybody....
death2redemptions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:34 PM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
chris_ac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
I pulled his base auto which was SP'd #d to 115 and sold it for $12 so for retail that would be a really big hit. I imagine you could pull in a little over $20 for that card.
There's 1 sale of $36, so it pays for 1 blaster. He'll be 23 next month, but has good minor league stats so I will just hope he gets a look this season.
__________________
Collecting Anze Kopitar
chris_ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:46 PM   #54 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 287
Default

Regardless of the whole issue of Panini either falsely advertising or putting only a few autos of the top players, I'd really like to see the result of it. The player in this I am collecting (Jared King) has so few cards on ebay, I'm wondering if that's because he is mainly in retail which people just started busting recently.
13goyankees13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:29 PM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13goyankees13 View Post
Regardless of the whole issue of Panini either falsely advertising or putting only a few autos of the top players, I'd really like to see the result of it. The player in this I am collecting (Jared King) has so few cards on ebay, I'm wondering if that's because he is mainly in retail which people just started busting recently.
Well, I do know that Jared King isn't just found in retail because I pulled his auto from a hobby box:

Franchise Future 063/669.
emilydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:46 PM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
kordell1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Carrollton, TX
Posts: 1,014
Default

Whether they put zero of the top prospects or 1 or 2 of each(although I would think someone would have pulled one by now), as long as there are unopened blasters out there, there would be no way to prove they did not include them. I went through several breaks equaling 170 autographs pulled from retail and of the 200 players, only 66 were represented in those 170 autographs with 3 or 4 players being pulled 7 times. It's a small sample, but my guess would be that only about half the players on the checklist are available in retail. I don't think Panini would ever admit that though.

The biggest issue to me, is that I bought 2 blasters with the idea that I at least had a chance to pull Bryant or Frazier or Katoh or Meadows, etc... and had I known that these guys are most likely not included in the blasters, I would not have purchased them. I am sure I am not the only one who bought these with that thought. If the box states 200 autographs, you should have a chance to pull any of those 200, not half of them.

Last edited by kordell1; 01-28-2014 at 08:02 PM.
kordell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:11 PM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,795
Default

I just want Panini to tell me to my face that I can pull all the available cards in blasters. If they can do that, then I will be happy and we can form our own opinions about the validness of that statement by the evidence here.

So far nothing from Hackler or Stefano.

Kevin
HeritageKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:32 PM   #58 (permalink)
Member
 
death2redemptions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Previously Banned Member
Posts: 28,262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13goyankees13 View Post
Regardless of the whole issue of Panini either falsely advertising or putting only a few autos of the top players, I'd really like to see the result of it. The player in this I am collecting (Jared King) has so few cards on ebay, I'm wondering if that's because he is mainly in retail which people just started busting recently.
I pulled a Jared King green ink auto #d 10 from hobby. It sold for like $4.50
__________________
The Braves SUCK!
Offseason solution:
Fire everybody....
death2redemptions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:59 PM   #59 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
I pulled a Jared King green ink auto #d 10 from hobby. It sold for like $4.50
I don't get why you would sell it. Could be worth 500 dollars one day, if not couldn't you get at least a few bucks in the 3 dollar box for it?

Kevin
HeritageKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:03 PM   #60 (permalink)
Member
 
death2redemptions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Previously Banned Member
Posts: 28,262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeritageKing View Post
I don't get why you would sell it. Could be worth 500 dollars one day, if not couldn't you get at least a few bucks in the 3 dollar box for it?

Kevin
I'm not a prospector. I'm more of a rip and flip kind of guy. I did pull a Bryant auto #d to 10 and sold it for $550.
__________________
The Braves SUCK!
Offseason solution:
Fire everybody....
death2redemptions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:05 PM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
I'm not a prospector. I'm more of a rip and flip kind of guy. I did pull a Bryant auto #d to 10 and sold it for $550.

cool. Nice pull on the Bryant.
HeritageKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:07 PM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 709
Default

Base
Drew ward
Dj baxendale 375
Cameron Perkins 525
Erik shoenrock 662

Orange
Paympas 10

Red die
Dace kime
cdahlk2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:10 PM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Long Beach, NY
Posts: 456
Default

i bought one of these today at the local target after this thread was started

i pulled
#59- Ahmed Rosario Aspirations Die Cut Auto (redemption)
#120-Travis Demiritte Base Auto (redemption)
#138-Hunter Green Base Auto (redemption)
#194 - Hunter Lockwood Base Auto

plus an Adam Hasely Jersey card, Ronny Carvajal Status Green #/25 and a Chris Anderson Aspirations #200

Not a bad haul at all, especially that Rosario card. Im always excited to add another Mets auto to the collection. Just annoyed that 3 out of 4 of the autos were redemptions ill have to wait a year for.

Last edited by theflushingmets; 01-28-2014 at 10:14 PM.
theflushingmets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:17 PM   #64 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Long Beach, NY
Posts: 456
Default

on a side note, doesn't it seem like there was an abnormally high amount of "hunters" in the draft this year? hunter lockwood, hunter green, hunter harvey, hunter dozier, hunter renfroe..... weird.
theflushingmets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:18 PM   #65 (permalink)
Member
 
death2redemptions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Previously Banned Member
Posts: 28,262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflushingmets View Post
on a side note, doesn't it seem like there was an abnormally high amount of "hunters" in the draft this year? hunter lockwood, hunter green, hunter harvey, hunter dozier, hunter renfroe..... weird.
It is sort of strange because there aren't many players that come along with the name "Hunter" to begin with. But this draft there are like 5 or 6 of them.
__________________
The Braves SUCK!
Offseason solution:
Fire everybody....
death2redemptions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:06 AM   #66 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,795
Default

I just received an email back from David Sharp who confirmed with his baseball team that all 200 players can be found in retail....soooo there you go.

Kevin
HeritageKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:09 AM   #67 (permalink)
Member
 
NeedChapmans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 8,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeritageKing View Post
I just received an email back from David Sharp who confirmed with his baseball team that all 200 players can be found in retail....soooo there you go.

Kevin
Yes, All 200 players ... but not all 200 autos. I'm sure there are plenty of base cards and base die-cuts in there of everyone.

There is NO CHANCE / ZERO / NADA that all players are included in retail. 100% positive.
__________________
If you need a quick pick me up - Wax Fang - The Majestic
NeedChapmans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:10 AM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
Yes, All 200 players ... but not all 200 autos. I'm sure there are plenty of base cards and base die-cuts in there of everyone.

There is NO CHANCE / ZERO / NADA that all players are included in retail. 100% positive.
No in my email I specificially mentioned autographs. His response was that all 200 autos can be found in retail.
HeritageKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:12 AM   #69 (permalink)
Member
 
NeedChapmans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 8,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeritageKing View Post
No in my email I specificially mentioned autographs. His response was that all 200 autos can be found in retail.
Well then he's simply lying. Was the same as last year ... the top players are held for hobby cases.

Everyone can keep ripping blasters all they want; the names aren't there.
__________________
If you need a quick pick me up - Wax Fang - The Majestic
NeedChapmans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:13 AM   #70 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
Well then he's simply lying. Was the same as last year ... the top players are held for hobby cases.

Everyone can keep ripping blasters all they want; the names aren't there.
I agree 100% with you, I just wanted someone on record to lie to me.
HeritageKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:14 AM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
Bob Loblaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bright House Networks Field
Posts: 4,078
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeritageKing View Post
I just received an email back from David Sharp who confirmed with his baseball team that all 200 players can be found in retail....soooo there you go.

Kevin
In autograph form or in base card form? Because I have my doubts about the former, and none about the latter.
__________________
Buying your Phillies RC autos!
Bob Loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:15 AM   #72 (permalink)
Member
 
Bob Loblaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bright House Networks Field
Posts: 4,078
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
Well then he's simply lying. Was the same as last year ... the top players are held for hobby cases.

Everyone can keep ripping blasters all they want; the names aren't there.
Nah, I suspect a very small quantity are released in retail. A VERY small quantity.

Can you ask your contact at Panini why it appears as though retail is seeded with the lesser players, as literally dozens and dozens of breaks show the same low end players over and over, and none of the "good ones"? Will they at least concede that the retail is bottom loaded?
__________________
Buying your Phillies RC autos!
Bob Loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:16 AM   #73 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
In autograph form or in base card form? Because I have my doubts about the former, and none about the latter.
David told me autograph form
HeritageKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:33 AM   #74 (permalink)
Member
 
NeedChapmans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 8,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
Nah, I suspect a very small quantity are released in retail. A VERY small quantity.

Can you ask your contact at Panini why it appears as though retail is seeded with the lesser players, as literally dozens and dozens of breaks show the same low end players over and over, and none of the "good ones"? Will they at least concede that the retail is bottom loaded?
Followed up.

Followed up w/ David as well. I'm their #1 Elite guy the last few years so we'll see if anything comes of it.
__________________
If you need a quick pick me up - Wax Fang - The Majestic
NeedChapmans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:39 AM   #75 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,795
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedChapmans View Post
Followed up.

Followed up w/ David as well. I'm their #1 Elite guy the last few years so we'll see if anything comes of it.
#1 elite guy....what does this mean?

Thanks
Kevin
HeritageKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.