Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Card Singles

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2014, 03:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2014 Topps Green and Yellow Variations

Has anyone gotten any details on the Green and Yellow variations? The have no numbering on the backs, just like the Red Target variation and the Blue Walmart variation. I found one Green in a Walmart Rack Pack, and two Yellows in a Walmart hanger box. Wonder if these are going to be like the 2011 Cognac variation.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

From what I heard, the gold are in the hanger boxes, and the green are in rack packs again.
mikeinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

In the bit that I have bought, green have been one per rack and yellow two per hanger box
phizeta564 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

All I know is these two tied for the ugliest parallels in the history of Topps flagship.
cross4444 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 05:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

I probably just way overpaid ($3.99 dlvd) for a green Stanton but I have no idea how common or not that it is and quite frankly the extra buck or two isn't going to kill me. Glad to be started on the rainbow that is probably now up to 1,364 different variations. Thanks Topps.

[IMG][/IMG]

I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

I'd say not too far over. From all reports, you get 1 green a rack pack. You are right in the ball park.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

I picked up two hanger boxes today, and each one had two Yellow's in it.

Charlie Blackmon
Kolten Wong
Aroldis Chapman
Yonder Alonso
Amberkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Based on odds you probably set the BV, but based on aesthetic qualities of the card, you got hosed.
cross4444 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:16 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cross4444 View Post
Based on odds you probably set the BV, but based on aesthetic qualities of the card, you got hosed.
They seem to be turning out to be fairly common so I'm sure I overpaid. BV will correct itself pretty quickly and the extra buck or two will be forgotten shortly by me. As for the looks? I actually really like it. Gets a bit old seeing the same colors card after card and product after product.

I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
Old 01-29-2014, 11:26 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cross4444 View Post
All I know is these two tied for the ugliest parallels in the history of Topps flagship.
I agree. Orange & Black is MUCH better than Green & Yellow

Auto accepting 20% off at COMC.
GoBeavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:41 AM   #11 (permalink)

Who is clamoring for these parallels? It seems even player collectors are annoyed by the many versions of the same card. I'm sure there are very few people collecting a version of any of these sets. I liked when they had the base set and the black numbered set and even the golds were nice, but stop it there. Green, yellow, blue, red, red sparkle all of the same card is just overkill......then to look at 2014 Bowman and see there will be more than 10 versions of the same base set is just not something I'm very interested in.
My opinion is they did a huge disservice to the finest and chrome brands by adding so many different refractor variations. There was a time when a refractor was a quality hit out of a pack, now there's a refractor every pack and every color of the rainbow on top of that.
cardinalsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:50 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalsooner View Post
Who is clamoring for these parallels? It seems even player collectors are annoyed by the many versions of the same card. I'm sure there are very few people collecting a version of any of these sets. I liked when they had the base set and the black numbered set and even the golds were nice, but stop it there. Green, yellow, blue, red, red sparkle all of the same card is just overkill......then to look at 2014 Bowman and see there will be more than 10 versions of the same base set is just not something I'm very interested in.
My opinion is they did a huge disservice to the finest and chrome brands by adding so many different refractor variations. There was a time when a refractor was a quality hit out of a pack, now there's a refractor every pack and every color of the rainbow on top of that.
As a player collector I agree that there are too many and I am getting overwhelmed in keeping up. As someone that loves busting wax (I'm an idiot) I love this trend. It is too expensive to add more autos but colored parrallels add value to the breaks. Everyone (myself included) complains that Topps doesn't listen to or care about the collector but when they try to add value by doing this people still complain. Can't please everyone.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:41 PM   #13 (permalink)

honestly does anyone have a count on variations so far? 12?
Old 01-29-2014, 01:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhcollecting View Post
honestly does anyone have a count on variations so far? 12?
I think that is low. I swear there were many more last year when you count the wrapper redemptions and all of the variants. It has gotten out of hand but yet I like the added wax value. Has me conflicted.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:50 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
I probably just way overpaid ($3.99 dlvd) for a green Stanton but I have no idea how common or not that it is and quite frankly the extra buck or two isn't going to kill me. Glad to be started on the rainbow that is probably now up to 1,364 different variations. Thanks Topps.

[IMG][/IMG]
That card is worth $1...you got hosed buddy. For a former CSI I thought you'd be smarter than that

death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:53 PM   #16 (permalink)

Ah..the booger parallels
Sushiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:59 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
That card is worth $1...you got hosed buddy. For a former CSI I thought you'd be smarter than that
You are right, I did. The way I look at it though is realistically how low will it go on Ebay? .99 plus $1.49 shipping ish? Or I can wait for one to hit COMC which could take months and the first one will be listed for $5 + anyways and I only take delivery of COMC orders about twice a year. Or I could just spend the extra $1.50 and have one now. Pretty simple really. As you were.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:03 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
You are right, I did. The way I look at it though is realistically how low will it go on Ebay? .99 plus $1.49 shipping ish? Or I can wait for one to hit COMC which could take months and the first one will be listed for $5 + anyways and I only take delivery of COMC orders about twice a year. Or I could just spend the extra $1.50 and have one now. Pretty simple really. As you were.
LOL, I was just messing around.

I do the same thing with my Kimbrel collection. Knowing that the value will drop after a month from the product's release date I still pay top dollar because I just got to have the card once I first see it. It's just the collector in us.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:07 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
LOL, I was just messing around.

I do the same thing with my Kimbrel collection. Knowing that the value will drop after a month from the product's release date I still pay top dollar because I just got to have the card once I first see it. It's just the collector in us.
I know you were. It is funny, I don't mind overpaying a buck on a low end card like this but will fight tooth and nail over $5 on a $100 card. The percentage is way higher of an overpay here. Really silly when you break it down. All of these parrallels has me pulling the trigger faster to get a head start. Plus, there have been ones that I thought would be easy, 2012 Blue Prizm Stanton for example. Should be everywhere but I passed on the one I saw at release for $14. Have never seen another. That kind of thing has happened a few times so I snap them up as close to release as possible for anything other than base.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:20 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
I know you were. It is funny, I don't mind overpaying a buck on a low end card like this but will fight tooth and nail over $5 on a $100 card. The percentage is way higher of an overpay here. Really silly when you break it down. All of these parrallels has me pulling the trigger faster to get a head start. Plus, there have been ones that I thought would be easy, 2012 Blue Prizm Stanton for example. Should be everywhere but I passed on the one I saw at release for $14. Have never seen another. That kind of thing has happened a few times so I snap them up as close to release as possible for anything other than base.
Don't you just hate it when there is a parallel you really need for your PC and while it has a really high print run, it never seems to pop on E-Bay and when it finally does the seller overcharges by like $5-10. I needed like an orange refractor for my 2013 Topps Chrome Kimbrel rainbow and it wasn't even a serial #d card and finally I find it on the bay the guy puts it up on E-Bay for like $8 (it's a $1.50 card at best) and I wait three more days to see if another comes up on the bay but none do so I pull the trigger and buy it. Sure enough a few days later when I'm looking for a tougher parallel I see like four of them pop up and all within the $1.50-$2 (plus shipping) range.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:24 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Don't you just hate it when there is a parallel you really need for your PC and while it has a really high print run, it never seems to pop on E-Bay and when it finally does the seller overcharges by like $5-10.
Happens to me all of the damn time. And then the fools on BO have the indecency to mock me when I am still grieving over it.

Old 01-29-2014, 02:26 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Happens to me all of the damn time. And then the fools on BO have the indecency to mock me when I am still grieving over it.
Aw well, they are just a bunch of big bullies. You should sue them or at least report them to the mods for bullying and hurting your feelings

Old 01-29-2014, 02:28 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Aw well, they are just a bunch of big bullies. You should sue them or at least report them to the mods
Will do, good advice. Do you think if I shorten it as D2R they will know it is about you or should I just type your whole id in for the mods? For suing I'm going to need your legal name and address, can you forward it to me via pm?

Old 01-29-2014, 02:34 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Will do, good advice. Do you think if I shorten it as D2R they will know it is about you or should I just type your whole id in for the mods? For suing I'm going to need your legal name and address, can you forward it to me via pm?
12955 N.
SCREWington St.
URitha SELFinis
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

Old 01-29-2014, 02:46 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
12955 N.
SCREWington St.
URitha SELFinis
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
Further mocking, noted. Nevermind as I already have it from the bubble mailers.