Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2014, 10:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sweet 06 Exquisite WBC Patch Auto /30 Collection!

Just felt like showing off my Griffey 06 Exquisite WBC Patch Auto /30 cards! Pretty sweet and still amazed that I was able to get a little more than 25 percent of the total that they made! Let me know what you think? Thanks!

Old 01-28-2014, 10:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Holy crap. Man you've got some great looking Griffey's!

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 10:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Nice cards. Why do you have them all stabbed authentic....

I think most people dislike the authentic slabs and that does hurt the value so I'm just wondering why spend the money to have that done.

Nice Griffeys though
Nervo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
Holy crap. Man you've got some great looking Griffey's!
Thanks! Glad to share them with ya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervo View Post
Nice cards. Why do you have them all stabbed authentic....

I think most people dislike the authentic slabs and that does hurt the value so I'm just wondering why spend the money to have that done.

Nice Griffeys though
I actually didn't do that to them myself as they were like that when I bought them. I wouldn't think that they would hurt the value at all as I think they would only increase the value since it shows they are deemed "Authentic". Also, it's a nice way to protect the cards with the BGS holders. Can't see why people would dislike them cause of these reasons. Thanks!
Old 01-28-2014, 11:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Authentic usually means they didn't meet a min sub requirement or they have a flaw.

I love your Griffey collection man. It's crazy!
Old 01-28-2014, 11:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Authentic usually means they didn't meet a min sub requirement or they have a flaw.

I love your Griffey collection man. It's crazy!
That doesn't make any sense? It means that the patches are authentic. When you send in a card to BGS you can either have it graded or have them verify if the patch in the card is AUTHENTIC. It's the same if you send a card to JSA to verify if the autograph is Authentic. Shouldn't have anything to do that the card didn't meet a min sub requirement or that it has a flaw. If that was the case then it wouldn't come back AUTHENTIC. Shouldn't be anything wrong with these cards as I got them from a big Griffey collector several years ago. He knew what he was doing as I trust every card he sold to me as being legit!
Old 01-28-2014, 11:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

Those are incredible. Your Griffey collection is always worth a view! The slabs are fine too. I wouldn't pay a dime less because of them. And they protect 'em.
Tugarpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugarpj View Post
Those are incredible. Your Griffey collection is always worth a view! The slabs are fine too. I wouldn't pay a dime less because of them. And they protect 'em.
Thanks! That's what I was trying to get at! Shouldn't make them worth any less and they definitely protect them well! I use the Pro Mold 180 pt super thick card deluxe one screw holders for all of my other Griffey patch cards in my PC. They are really nice and worth the cost as they protect them really well besides the BGS holders!
Old 01-28-2014, 11:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

I think that your taking my conversation as an attack on your cards. That's not at all what it was. I love your collection man. I wasn't saying they were fake either as that would be stupid. It's pretty clear they are real. I was just curious why so many were graded authentic as lots of people prefer to not slab when they don't meet the min grade than do authentic.

That is what authentic means tho. If you send it a bunch of cards and say min grade 9 but don't say don't slab below they will slab it authentic (at least that's what used to happen). I'm pretty sure they are saying the auto/card is authentic, not the patch too.

I have another question though man. When did you start collecting Griffey?
Old 01-28-2014, 11:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpm2780 View Post
That doesn't make any sense? It means that the patches are authentic. When you send in a card to BGS you can either have it graded or have them verify if the patch in the card is AUTHENTIC. It's the same if you send a card to JSA to verify if the autograph is Authentic. Shouldn't have anything to do that the card didn't meet a min sub requirement or that it has a flaw. If that was the case then it wouldn't come back AUTHENTIC. Shouldn't be anything wrong with these cards as I got them from a big Griffey collector several years ago. He knew what he was doing as I trust every card he sold to me as being legit!
BGS doesn't authenticate patches, only the card. Unless there is obvious tampering, they will slab the card regardless of the authenticity of the patch.
Cubsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

Very awesome cards, I've been looking for one of these. I also agree on the authentic thing. Sometimes people think there can be some issue, if a numerical grade isn't given. Not a biggie, if they are for the PC.

Internet tough guy Will Watson is my #1 fan!!
THE(NEXT)LEVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:23 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
I think that your taking my conversation as an attack on your cards. That's not at all what it was. I love your collection man. I wasn't saying they were fake either as that would be stupid. It's pretty clear they are real. I was just curious why so many were graded authentic as lots of people prefer to not slab when they don't meet the min grade than do authentic.

That is what authentic means tho. If you send it a bunch of cards and say min grade 9 but don't say don't slab below they will slab it authentic (at least that's what used to happen). I'm pretty sure they are saying the auto/card is authentic, not the patch too.

I have another question though man. When did you start collecting Griffey?
Sorry, just wasn't sure where you were coming from on the whole thing! No problem and you're right that they are just saying the card is authentic and not the patch, which should be authentic either way. I started collecting Griffey around when I was like 14-15. Used to go to the local card shop to get cheap Griffeys that the owner would get in and put on a peg board. Was always excited to go there to see what he would get in! Thanks again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubsfan4life View Post
BGS doesn't authenticate patches, only the card. Unless there is obvious tampering, they will slab the card regardless of the authenticity of the patch.
Right, that is correct! Patch should be legit though regardless. Thanks!
Old 01-29-2014, 12:27 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE(NEXT)LEVEL View Post
Very awesome cards, I've been looking for one of these. I also agree on the authentic thing. Sometimes people think there can be some issue, if a numerical grade isn't given. Not a biggie, if they are for the PC.
Yeah, I understand. If I decide to sell those particular cards then maybe I will break open the slabs and sell them without the cases. Didn't bother me when I bought them that way as I knew the seller was a big Griffey collector so I had no doubts of the cards not being legit. Anyways, glad to share them with ya!
Old 01-29-2014, 01:30 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpm2780 View Post
Yeah, I understand. If I decide to sell those particular cards then maybe I will break open the slabs and sell them without the cases. Didn't bother me when I bought them that way as I knew the seller was a big Griffey collector so I had no doubts of the cards not being legit. Anyways, glad to share them with ya!
Keep me in mind if you do

Internet tough guy Will Watson is my #1 fan!!
THE(NEXT)LEVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:39 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE(NEXT)LEVEL View Post
Keep me in mind if you do
Will do! Thanks!
Old 01-29-2014, 01:39 AM   #16 (permalink)

once you get all of them you can put the jersey back together. Awesome collection
Madrid1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:42 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrid1028 View Post
once you get all of them you can put the jersey back together. Awesome collection
Yeah, LOL! Thanks!
Old 01-29-2014, 04:25 PM   #18 (permalink)

Thanks again to everyone for checking this out!