Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 08:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Tigersfan13 Send a message via Skype™ to Tigersfan13
Default Thoughts On 2014 Tigers

In my opinion, we have downgraded tremendously, Prince Fielder is gone, Johnny Peralta is gone, Doug Fister is gone, well, Verlander did have a somewhat bad season last year, and I hope he picks it up this year again, but if Scherzer stays as strong as he has been, our pitching staff should be fine, yes, we picked up Ian Kinsler, and the upcoming star Castellanos, but I really don't think we will be as strong as last year, AL central is becoming stronger each season, and the tigers Are usually at the top of the central, and sure Cabrera is back at first which is a plus I'm my opinion.

What are your thoughts on the 2014 tigers? Will they remain on the top of the al central?
Old 02-24-2014, 08:35 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigersfan13 View Post
In my opinion, we have downgraded tremendously, Prince Fielder is gone, Johnny Peralta is gone, Doug Fister is gone, well, Verlander did have a somewhat bad season last year, and I hope he picks it up this year again, but if Scherzer stays as strong as he has been, our pitching staff should be fine, yes, we picked up Ian Kinsler, and the upcoming star Castellanos, but I really don't think we will be as strong as last year, AL central is becoming stronger each season, and the tigers Are usually at the top of the central, and sure Cabrera is back at first which is a plus I'm my opinion.

What are your thoughts on the 2014 tigers? Will they remain on the top of the al central?
WCTYSON is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:38 AM   #3 (permalink)

Definitely a bit of a step down, but still a great team. Can't beat the 1-2-3 punch of Verlander, Scherzer, and Sanchez. They've got a ton more speed and defense this year as well. Martinez found his form in the second half last year, which should carry into this year. I don't think they'll lost their spot atop the Central.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Tigersfan13 Send a message via Skype™ to Tigersfan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintingtheblac View Post
Definitely a bit of a step down, but still a great team. Can't beat the 1-2-3 punch of Verlander, Scherzer, and Sanchez. They've got a ton more speed and defense this year as well. Martinez found his form in the second half last year, which should carry into this year. I don't think they'll lost their spot atop the Central.
Very nice explanation, I do agree
Old 02-24-2014, 08:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

Overall we may be slightly worse off, but the central continues to look pathetic. Small blips on the radar from Chicago and KC, but Detroit will own the central. Beyond that, who knows.
Tugarpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:59 AM   #6 (permalink)

Yay, Prince is gone!
Old 02-24-2014, 09:00 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugarpj View Post
Overall we may be slightly worse off, but the central continues to look pathetic. Small blips on the radar from Chicago and KC, but Detroit will own the central. Beyond that, who knows.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:02 AM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalJr3000 View Post

Yay, Prince is gone!
I See Your Crappy Fielder Play.

I'll Raise you another.

groundsupport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:05 AM   #9 (permalink)

Old 02-24-2014, 09:09 AM   #10 (permalink)

Follow me on Twitter @Davesportscards
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:10 AM   #11 (permalink)

Old 02-24-2014, 09:12 AM   #12 (permalink)

It's pretty funny with all these Tigers fans. When Fielder originally went to Detroit, everyone acted like him and Cabrera would be amazing. Now that he's gone, they act like he has never done anything good. I realize that he was bad during the playoffs but he is a good hitter. That being said, I still think Detroit ends up in first as much as I don't want them to.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:13 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homerun View Post
It's pretty funny with all these Tigers fans. When Fielder originally went to Detroit, everyone acted like him and Cabrera would be amazing. Now that he's gone, they act like he has never done anything good. I realize that he was bad during the playoffs but he is a good hitter.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:13 AM   #14 (permalink)

Old 02-24-2014, 09:15 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homerun View Post
It's pretty funny with all these Tigers fans. When Fielder originally went to Detroit, everyone acted like him and Cabrera would be amazing. Now that he's gone, they act like he has never done anything good. I realize that he was bad during the playoffs but he is a good hitter.

Yep you're right. We didn't know what we were getting until we got it. If he had a different attitude/instinct, I bet he would still be on the Tigers.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:22 AM   #16 (permalink)

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/11/...role-in-trade/

Last edited by groundsupport; 02-24-2014 at 09:29 AM.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:24 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
Yep you're right. We didn't know what we were getting until we got it. If he had a different attitude/instinct, I bet he would still be on the Tigers.
This right here.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:28 AM   #18 (permalink)

I knew Dave would be all over this thread haha, but all of these Fielder gifs are great.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:35 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
I knew Dave would be all over this thread haha, but all of these Fielder gifs are great.
What? I was a huge Fielder fan, I knew his huge contract was a mistake, but I liked him. Thought he would be a positive addition to the team. Then the post season came, and he under-preformed. Then 2013 season, unimpressive. 2013 Post Season, more of the same. Then the 2013 Post Season loss interview, lost all (respect I guess you could say) for him. He didn't care about his performance, he didn't care about the fans. Rubbed me the wrong way. I washed my hands of him after that interview.

Old 02-24-2014, 10:42 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
What? I was a huge Fielder fan, I knew his huge contract was a mistake, but I liked him. Thought he would be a positive addition to the team. Then the post season came, and he under-preformed. Then 2013 season, unimpressive. 2013 Post Season, more of the same. Then the 2013 Post Season loss interview, lost all (respect I guess you could say) for him. He didn't care about his performance, he didn't care about the fans. Rubbed me the wrong way. I washed my hands of him after that interview.
Exactly, perfectly said. This is turning into a Prince Fielder thread also haha, but I do agree the thing that bothered me most was his lack of concern of his performance.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:16 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Exactly, perfectly said. This is turning into a Prince Fielder thread also haha, but I do agree the thing that bothered me most was his lack of concern of his performance.
I rarely take what people say in those losing post-game interviews as much. I mean, you just lost and you got to sit though (mostly stupid) questions. Yea, he blew that interview as much as he blew in the playoffs. He had a tough year personally and professionally, and for most "fans" they just dump on everything. I'm disappointed he is gone and think he'll do good in Texas.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:26 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmrson View Post
I rarely take what people say in those losing post-game interviews as much. I mean, you just lost and you got to sit though (mostly stupid) questions. Yea, he blew that interview as much as he blew in the playoffs. He had a tough year personally and professionally, and for most "fans" they just dump on everything. I'm disappointed he is gone and think he'll do good in Texas.
What are you inferring here?

Old 02-24-2014, 11:35 AM   #23 (permalink)
MFM

As the story goes (which may be complete baloney), Avisail Garcia had slept with Prince's wife. Not sure if this was before or after the divorce filing. It came to a head with a clubhouse incident between Miggy and Garcia. This played a role in Garcia being shipped to Chicago. Miggy and Prince always were close. But the Prince trade was more of a fresh start thing for him as it was the club moving an unsavory contract.
MFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:41 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFM View Post
As the story goes (which may be complete baloney), Avisail Garcia had slept with Prince's wife. Not sure if this was before or after the divorce filing. It came to a head with a clubhouse incident between Miggy and Garcia. This played a role in Garcia being shipped to Chicago. Miggy and Prince always were close. But the Prince trade was more of a fresh start thing for him as it was the club moving an unsavory contract.
Wow, I have never heard of this.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:41 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFM View Post
heard this too, as well as Miggy hurt himself giving Garcia a whooping...but who knows. Could just be sports talk radio white noise.