Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2008, 10:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2007 Sports Kings Case

Over the past year I have purchsed several cases which I finally get to open when I return home (I work in Iraq). The only case I have my doubts about is the of Sports Kings. After watching all the singles on Ebay, I'm not real excited about my prospects...especially since the initial price was so high.

I don't normally sel my cards, but I wonder if I would be better off selling the case as is rather than rip and be disapointed?

Did anybody here enjoy their SK rip?

Thanks for the input.

Shawn
gdf_flenniken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

First off, welcome back. There was a lot of SK breaking on this board. You should be able to do a thread searches for SPORT KINGS. I did not do any, but there was a lot of ooohhh's and aaaahhh's over different player selections in different sports. I have not followed sales but if you got in at a good price it might be worth busting and listing (or keeping) as opposed to hiding away?
rudyjustinfarrell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

SK was a fun rip, but if you are looking to open and sell the singles, you probably should go with something else. Singles prices have dropped dramatically since it was released, and it would be very, very hard to make your $ back, even at the lower case cost.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

Default Welcome home...

If you don't normally sell your cards I'd say, rip the case and see what you get. The cards are really nice for a collector and there are great pulls to be had.

If you sold the case I would expect you'd be losing anyway. If the need for some money isn't a key, have some fun and let us know how it goes.

Happy Easter,
Vinny
Guitars, fishing, and trading cards, safer than a lot of other habits. If I post a pic of a player, I took it. I may not be the oldest member here but I paid $8. an auto and shook Joe DiMaggio's hand at the Armenian Church in NYC once.
VinnyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

Is this case a 3-Box case or a 18-Box master case?

I am putting together the master set of SportKings that contains over 500 cards. I'm 17 short right now, so I'd be interested in what you pull if you bust it. If you're looking to sell the case, PM me, and maybe we could work out a deal.

Happy Easter!

Thanks and take care,

Matt
mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:54 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the input.

It's a full 18 box master case and I'm not in dire need of money right now, so I guess I will open the entire case.

I will post the highlights when I get home next week.

mwheeler27 - I would be willing to help you complete your Master Set. Normally I don't sell, but the SK does contain some sports that I would be willing to let go.

Shawn
Old 03-25-2008, 12:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdf_flenniken View Post
mwheeler27 - I would be willing to help you complete your Master Set. Normally I don't sell, but the SK does contain some sports that I would be willing to let go.

Shawn
Shawn,

I understand exactly what you're saying with not normally selling anything. That's mainly how I am.

If you hit some cards I need, and you don't want to sell, I can almost guarantee you I have something to trade that you might be interested in. I have some amazing cards that have accumulated over the years. All you'd need to do is let me know what you might be interested in that would be of comparable vaule, and I'll see what I can do for you. We both might end up happier.

I can't wait to see what you hit. Good luck!

Take care,

Matt
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:35 AM   #8 (permalink)

Shawn,

Welcome back!! I'm really excited to see what you pull as well. Some of us really enjoyed this product, and besides getting some nice cards for your collection, I hope you're able to help Matt out with his master set. If you happen to pull any Phil Hellmuth cards that you'd be willing to part with, please let me know because he's the only player I'm collecting right now. Good luck with the bust and please post the results so we can all get stoked for you... with so many boxes you gotta pull something sweet!
derek55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 11:17 AM   #9 (permalink)

Thanks guys, I will keep the trades in mind...I will post the results on Wednesday or Thursday.

Shawn