Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2014, 05:52 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Showing off my Kennys Vargas stash- Superfractor, 3/5 reds, + others

Been waiting quite a while on the super to show up. Finally popped up after he was on quite the hitting streak, but got it for a very reasonable price. His stats for the year:
.316 AVG
10 2B
8 HR
31 RBI
21 BB
27 K
.932 OPS
24 on August 1st, currently playing in AA, from Puerto Rico. He's built like a bigger version of David Ortiz and is a switch hitter. Could be up this September if Twins need him.

Planning on sending the super and other red in to Beckett next month if there's a good special. The SS baseball has 17 other guys from Spring Training, other one has Willingham and Sano on that panel, Buxton, Arcia, Tom Kelly, and Terry Ryan on the others. Also have 60ish base to go with the pictured stuff. Pretty sure the rainbow is complete. Had the black plate too, mailed it to him TTM after asking him in Fort Myers if he'd sign it if I mailed it, but haven't gotten it back.

Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Awesome cards! I've been buying him a bit as well. Really hope he can get a Chrome auto soon.

Did you buy the super that was on eBay not too long ago or was it you who listed it?
centereacan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sick collection!
dbacksfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by centereacan06 View Post
Awesome cards! I've been buying him a bit as well. Really hope he can get a Chrome auto soon.

Did you buy the super that was on eBay not too long ago or was it you who listed it?
Yeah, I bought that one. Tried hard to get it ended early, went as high to offer $200 on quad bucks day, but got turned down. Had a $300 max on it. At this point, I'm hoping he doesn't have a Chrome auto because then I don't have the market cornered. I know where the 4th red is, but dude keeps making excuses to not sell it or just doesn't respond to messages.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Old 05-22-2014, 06:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

You sent a plate via TTM of a player you have a wicked stash of...? Why lol
sportstrader14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mini version of David Ortiz. Love his potential.

Always looking for ROMLBs of prospects
Matt Ryan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

Nice stash. Reminds me of the Polanco rainbow I had from the same set.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ryan View Post
Mini version of David Ortiz. Love his potential.
And for how big he is he barely strikes out.
Old 05-22-2014, 08:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

Saw him in person last year; the guy is absolutely massive. Nice stuff.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:11 PM   #10 (permalink)

So I was born in MN which naturally makes me a Twins fan, and I live in CT now so I am lucky enough to get to see these guys play. I have gotten to talk with the Rock Cats GM from time to time and some of the other front office people and Kennys Vargas is always someone talked very highly of, and a nice guy.

I do agree he will end up in the majors soon but I do not see him being the next call up. I see him more going up next year...unless of course the Twins get plagued with injuries and Sano can not get healthy...

Great stash you have there though, I am extremely jealous of that new super of yours!
Old 05-22-2014, 11:06 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMARLIN View Post
Saw him in person last year; the guy is absolutely massive. Nice stuff.
Yeah, he definitely stands out quite a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashcol View Post
So I was born in MN which naturally makes me a Twins fan, and I live in CT now so I am lucky enough to get to see these guys play. I have gotten to talk with the Rock Cats GM from time to time and some of the other front office people and Kennys Vargas is always someone talked very highly of, and a nice guy.

I do agree he will end up in the majors soon but I do not see him being the next call up. I see him more going up next year...unless of course the Twins get plagued with injuries and Sano can not get healthy...

Great stash you have there though, I am extremely jealous of that new super of yours!
He seems like a pretty cool dude. Come September if we're in the playoff hunt, team might need a big bat. With Mauer at first his only place is DH, but he can easily replace Colabello in terms of DH and swapping with Mauer every few days.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:03 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
Yeah, he definitely stands out quite a bit.

He seems like a pretty cool dude. Come September if we're in the playoff hunt, team might need a big bat. With Mauer at first his only place is DH, but he can easily replace Colabello in terms of DH and swapping with Mauer every few days.
I agree with the potential DH spot, but can't see him switching with Mauer even for a game if they are in a playoff battle and definitely not in the playoffs. Kennys has been with the Rock Cats for two seasons now so he has some experience, but I think that in a couple weeks when Rosario comes off the restricted list he would be the Twins first call up. And that would only be because Sano is out after his TJ surgery, and will most likely be out for the season. I may be wrong though, and they take Vargas instead based on his consistent numbers over the minors, and the run he is having now.

Awesome to think that a guy that was never expected to make it passed AA or maybe AAA has potential to be something great.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:43 PM   #13 (permalink)

3-4, 2B, GS, 6 RBI tonight
Old 06-15-2014, 09:36 PM   #14 (permalink)

.367 4 HR 14 RBI 3 BB 3 K in last 8 games.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:46 PM   #15 (permalink)

Another grand slam tonight. Sent the super red and gold for grading
Old 06-19-2014, 09:50 PM   #16 (permalink)

3-5 yesterday, 2 run HR today, 4 of last 5 games he had a HR. Time to move up to AAA.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:07 PM   #17 (permalink)

First of many doubles at target field. Grades pop Friday for the super and red.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:56 PM   #18 (permalink)

Gotta get him to IP that superfractor, that's a sick card
LanceBroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:18 PM   #19 (permalink)

very nice collection!
junebug1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:56 PM   #20 (permalink)

Super and red got gem, gold 9