Blowout Cards Forums
4th sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2015, 05:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,738
Default 4 T-H-O-U-S-A-N-D Father's Day Packs?

Not even sure what to say? Didn't they make 50,000 packs or less?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Price...149373?fref=ts

WOW!
__________________
<---- COMC auto-accept is always on!
cyndeeg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
kyle1707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: COAL VALLEY, IL
Posts: 8,896
Default

Everyone gets so excited about his great pulls...

It is because they buy 100's of thousands of dollars in product...

We don't see 90% of the hits.. and the awful breaks...

He ordered 100's and 100's of boxes to get this packs....
kyle1707 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
OKCThunder35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,223
Default

that was my childhood LCS
__________________
PC: Melvin Gordon, Tyus Jones, Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky, Orlando Arcia
OKCThunder35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oak Creek, WI
Posts: 1,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1707 View Post
Everyone gets so excited about his great pulls...

It is because they buy 100's of thousands of dollars in product...

We don't see 90% of the hits.. and the awful breaks...

He ordered 100's and 100's of boxes to get this packs....
I've had more than my share of duds at his shop, but I can't you how many sell sheet worthy hits have come out of Price's. The ratio of good to crap seems better there. I was in there yesterday for some of the newer BB products, and bought a pack of 2014 NT Football on a whim - Montana 'Notable Nickname' auto /10, Garoppolo Hats Off auto /6, and a Bridgewater triple logo piece 1/1 in the SAME pack.

You are absolutely right he gets the huge pack allotment due to volume purchased, but if you had a box like I did yesterday, wouldn't you go back?!
erock28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
kyle1707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: COAL VALLEY, IL
Posts: 8,896
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erock28 View Post
I've had more than my share of duds at his shop, but I can't you how many sell sheet worthy hits have come out of Price's. The ratio of good to crap seems better there. I was in there yesterday for some of the newer BB products, and bought a pack of 2014 NT Football on a whim - Montana 'Notable Nickname' auto /10, Garoppolo Hats Off auto /6, and a Bridgewater triple logo piece 1/1 in the SAME pack.

You are absolutely right he gets the huge pack allotment due to volume purchased, but if you had a box like I did yesterday, wouldn't you go back?!
I agree it is amazing... But I order around 60,000-80,000 a year in wax at my shop..

I bet this place is well over a million... There was a picture on facebook of 40-60 empty boxes of NT... That's like 20k right there ... lol

To get 4000 packs he had to order 100's of boxes just this week...

More power to him I would love to go to his shop...
kyle1707 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Gmrson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jackson, MI
Posts: 3,031
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCThunder35 View Post
that was my childhood LCS
Looks like a pretty cool LCS. Nice that he is having some pack wars with them!
__________________
Collecting: 53 Glendale Tigers set, 66 Topps Baseball set, Tribute to the Throne Relics #/99(need Mays), Only 27 days until the National!(my 23rd)
Gmrson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,738
Default

That is an insane amount of packs. Would love to just sit and rip each and every one!
__________________
<---- COMC auto-accept is always on!
cyndeeg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,320
Default

I go to the shop down the street from there but I know J Price is a stand up good guy!
coltsnsox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
tolrobb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 8,703
Default

i have family in the milwaukee area, so i've been to this shop a few times. Every time I've been there I've walked away with a ridiculous pull or two.

one box of flair baseball resulted in mike piazza logoman 1/1

one PACK of 05/06 ultimate collection basketball resulted in michael jordan/magic johnson dual patch

one box of elite football landed me a brett favre auto

i just thought i was lucky at his shop, but i remember standing there watching someone open a box and get a legendary cut auto of roger maris
__________________
Bucket: http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h157/tolrobb/For%20Sale/?start=all
Tradelist: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/6935962-post1.html
tolrobb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolrobb View Post
i have family in the milwaukee area, so i've been to this shop a few times. Every time I've been there I've walked away with a ridiculous pull or two.

one box of flair baseball resulted in mike piazza logoman 1/1

one PACK of 05/06 ultimate collection basketball resulted in michael jordan/magic johnson dual patch

one box of elite football landed me a brett favre auto

i just thought i was lucky at his shop, but i remember standing there watching someone open a box and get a legendary cut auto of roger maris
That is a serious run of luck! dang
__________________
<---- COMC auto-accept is always on!
cyndeeg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.