Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   BASEBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/)
-   -   Topps set to release the best autographed card crop in years (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball/91169-topps-set-release-best-autographed-card-crop-years.html)

blowoutcards 09-02-2010 12:17 PM

Topps set to release the best autographed card crop in years

TOPPS SET TO RELEASE THE BEST AUTOGRAPHED CARD CROP IN YEARS

There’s no question that the 2011 MLB Rookie class is one of the best in years and Minor League Baseball is touting some of the strongest talent ever…and Topps has all of these young stars autographing cards in its upcoming products. And if that wasn’t enough, young stars of the USA Baseball National Teams will also be signing. Here’s just a taste of what to expect.

2010 Topps Chrome Autographed Rookie Cards

- Jason Heyward
- Mike Stanton
- Carlos Santana
- Starlin Castro
- Stephen Strasburg
- Brian Matusz
- Austin Jackson
- Ike Davis
- Ivan Nova

2010 Bowman Chrome Autographed Prospect Cards

- Aroldis Chapman
- Miguel Sano
- Adeinis Hechavarria
- Kyle Gibson
- Shelby Miller
- Arodys Vizcaino
- Stephen Strasburg

2010 Bowman Draft Picks Autographed Prospect Cards

- Jameson Taillion
- Zach Lee
- Deck McGuire
- Delino DeShields JR
- Jake Skole
- Stephen Strasburg

And more to be announced...

2010 Bowman Sterling Autographed Rookie & Prospect Cards

- Aroldis Chapman
- Mike Minor
- Jason Heyward
- Carlos Santana
- Domonic Brown
- Logan Morrison
- Carlos Santana
- Jameson Taillion
- Zach Lee
- Deck McGuire
- Delino DeShields JR
- Jake Skole
- Stephen Strasburg

2010 Bowman Sterling Autographed Rookie & Prospect Cards

- Aroldis Chapman
- Jesus Montero
- Mike Trout
- Josh Vitters
- Miguel Sano
- Jerry Sands
- Jason Heyward
- Stephen Strasburg
- Jose Tabata

[IMG]http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu273/blowoutcards/CHAPMANChrProsAuto.jpg[/IMG]

WhoStoleMyBeans 09-02-2010 12:20 PM

WOW!!! Amazing news for TC!

edhou1 09-02-2010 12:31 PM

This has probably been written about ad nauseum, but if Bowman Sterling could just do away with the stickers, I believe it would really CLEAN UP... Is there a particular reason why Topps can't make on-card autos happen with this product? :confused:

SethMurphy 09-02-2010 12:46 PM

Ivan Nova auto's..... consider me PUMPED

Zacky1053 09-02-2010 01:49 PM

[QUOTE=SethMurphy;719830]Ivan Nova auto's..... consider me PUMPED[/QUOTE]

That must've been a pretty late addition (although he was officially called up in relief earlier in the year)

bigsmoot2 09-02-2010 02:25 PM

Liking the look of the added autos to BDPP, keep em coming Topps, but so far, so good! :)!

Zacky1053 09-02-2010 04:36 PM

[QUOTE=bigsmoot2;719927]Liking the look of the added autos to BDPP, keep em coming Topps, but so far, so good! :)![/QUOTE]

Sterling looks stacked. In time hopefully BDPP looks as good as last year by time of release.

kidlou 09-02-2010 04:45 PM

do you think they will add Chris Sale of the white sox? he is playing for them and was drafted by them this year , 13th overall i believe.

bigsmoot2 09-02-2010 04:56 PM

[QUOTE=Zacky1053;720142]Sterling looks stacked. In time hopefully BDPP looks as good as last year by time of release.[/QUOTE]

Sterling has some good names it, but besides the guys in it from this year's draft and Dominic Brown (a few others Sands/Tabata), those autos are going to be the second, third and fourth Bowman/Topps auto for some players (Heyward and Strasburg) to name a few. Not to mention, they are sticker autos. Don't get me wrong, I like Sterling, I just like BDPP better. :D

That is what I like about BDPP, always the the 1st chrome auto of the guys from the draft, which is usually that player's most sought after card. Plus you have the chance to pull an AFLAC auto as well, Harper anyone (hopefully Topps keep those in BDPP as well). These are my opinions of course, but so far Topps has the auto checklist with a bunch of 1st rounders in there, and I still count 9 more open auto slots for it to get even better! :)!

Zacky1053 09-02-2010 05:00 PM

[QUOTE=bigsmoot2;720180]Sterling has some good names it, [B]but besides the guys in it from this year's draft and Dominic Brown (a few others Sands/Tabata), those autos are going to be the second, third and fourth Bowman/Topps auto for some players (Heyward and Strasburg) to name a few. Not to mention, they are sticker autos.[/B]

That is what I like about BDPP, always the the 1st chrome auto of the guys from the draft, which is usually that player's most sought after card. Plus you have the chance to pull an AFLAC auto as well, Harper anyone (hopefully Topps keep those in BDPP as well). These are my opinions of course, but so far Topps has the auto checklist with a bunch of 1st rounders in there, and I still count 9 more open auto slots for it to get even better! :)![/QUOTE]

Good point. The only problem I had with 2009 Bowman Draft was the black borders on the non-autos but other than that it's one of the best in the last few years.

ProSpector 09-02-2010 05:01 PM

Huge additions to Topps Chrome. The prices on those boxes will probably start shooting up now.

AndrusFutureGG 09-02-2010 05:51 PM

Prepare for 200$ + plus boxes.

Casebreaker 09-02-2010 06:28 PM

i think topps chrome doubled it autograph checklist, so it will be tougher to get the better autos now...

Rufusyo 09-02-2010 07:42 PM

[QUOTE=Casebreaker;720327]i think topps chrome doubled it autograph checklist, so it will be tougher to get the better autos now...[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.

How does Bowman Chrome look to you guys that know the product and players. I am going to open my first case of it this year.

Firebirds11 09-02-2010 08:48 PM

Wasn't a Jacob Turner auto of Bowman Chrome supposed to be in the checklist?

AZDbacksFan 09-02-2010 09:21 PM

Stras needs Tommy John sergery from signing all these autos. Nats should sue topps...........jk

The Madbacker 09-02-2010 09:32 PM

Jesus Christ....Jason Heyward is turning into the new Trot Nixon. He'll be a rookie for 4 freaking years!

Anderdale 09-04-2010 01:44 AM

so heyward wont be in 2010 bowman chrome? sucks i wish i had pre-ordered topps chrome instead

SeanieTheMan 09-04-2010 03:14 AM

The REAL question is... what has the better bang for your buck?
Bowman Sterling does look loaded, but in resell value.. Doesn't have as much demand as Draft picks and Chrome get. and plus, sterling are usually like 250-300 for a box. not forking that much... topps chrome seems nice, 2 auto's a box and fairly cheap. I just dont know which to pick out of the 3...

hofmichael 09-05-2010 11:03 AM

[QUOTE=edhou1;719814]This has probably been written about ad nauseum, but if Bowman Sterling could just do away with the stickers, I believe it would really CLEAN UP... Is there a particular reason why Topps can't make on-card autos happen with this product? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Because people still buy it regardless.Collectors don't realize how much power we have over a products content.All we have to do is stop purchasing and changes can/will happen.Until that happens I wouldn't expect a voluntary change from any manufacturer.
Mike

phil 09-05-2010 01:14 PM

one of the 2 "sterling" lists presumably refers to platinum not sterling

joedperk 09-05-2010 03:35 PM

I only wish they would provide a product that is halfway centered... gets old pulling a good card and on closer inspection --- its way off center... re most of the purple refractors.. they really sucked.....