Blowout Cards Forums
Blowout Buzz

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2015, 08:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2015 Allen & Ginter 10th Anniversary Black Cards???

I'm sorry if this was posted someplace else, but I came across some strange Ginter cards during my searches. There are 2 sellers that have these 2015 Allen & Ginter 10th Anniversary full black cards. Here is the link:

Carlos Rodon RC Black Border 10th Anniversary Embossed 2015 Allen Ginter Topps | eBay

I contacted one of the sellers and he responded with this:

"I have opened about 5 cases .. and these came from those."

How is it that these are in cases, but only 2 sellers have them? Has anyone else gotten these out of their cases/boxes? I was thinking maybe they were some type of retail exclusive (Toys R Us or something), but haven't heard anything about them.

UPDATE:

I tweeted Topps shortly after making this thread and they responded asking for the eBay link.

Topps replied back: "These are not in Ginter hobby boxes" then 2 minutes later, "but they are Topps cards"

Huh???

I then asked if they were retail only and where they were from.

Here is what I wrote Topps: "Okay, now I'm confused...LOL. Retail only? From where? Sorry for all the questions. Just confused and interested."

Topps response: "I understand the questions. We will have more information this week on that. Sorry I can't give you more."

So, these are legit Topps Ginter cards and are possibly being released soon??!! That's how it sounds to me. They have been verified as not coming from Ginter hobby boxes, but they are Topps cards.

Ginter code???!!!!

Last edited by bd3d86; 09-01-2015 at 10:43 PM.
bd3d86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

I saw a Bryce harper...

Love the look.. Wish Ginter would have some more imagination and make more stuff like this...

But I have no idea if they are customs or just super rare....
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, I like the way they look for sure.

I just find it hard to believe that in all the cases that have been opened since Ginter's release that only these 2 sellers got these in their cases. One seller had five or so and the other seller had four. They aren't numbered either.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned - PBM

An eBay search only netted me a Nick Johnson 2010 buyback mini framed black border.
RetailPhenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetailPhenom View Post
An eBay search only netted me a Nick Johnson 2010 buyback mini framed black border.
Yeah, all the cards so far have already sold. So none are currently listed. I just searched "2015 Ginter Anniversary black -mini". Then go to completed listings.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

That is one sexy card, wow.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

They were a Topps Exclusive on their site, I saw these a few weeks ago. Nowhere online is there any indication these are from boxes. Hope this helps.

EDIT: Upon further review, this is the only info I can find:

Search results for: 'black ginter'

"He makes spectacular plays. I don't care what the UZR defensive metrics say. That dude can play, straight up.''
- Jimmy Rollins on Adeiny Hechavarria
Wolfie3300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:23 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie3300 View Post
They were a Topps Exclusive on their site, I saw these a few weeks ago. Nowhere online is there any indication these are from boxes. Hope this helps.

Those are sweet by they are 10" x 14" not standard size cards.
PC guys: Frank Thomas, George Brett, Ken Griffey Jr and now collecting Bryant and Soler **Not interested in doing trades **Please don't PM me with offers for my PC guys. I will actively go out and search for what I want.
Big35Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfie3300 View Post

Thanks for the info. I just can't imagine those are the same though. Who buys a 1/1 Topps exclusive card and then sells it for $5.50? Also, why lie about getting them in cases if you got them from the site?

Haha....just lots of questions. Thanks again for finding that info though. Those cards do look awesome.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned - PBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhenry4 View Post
That is one sexy card, wow.
I'll second that.
RetailPhenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:36 PM   #11 (permalink)

Yeah, the ones on the site are 10x14, large print items, and if these are truly real cards out of boxes/cases, I can't wait to find one of my PC guy. Hopefully they are legit and the buyer got a great deal. Good luck on finding any other information.

"He makes spectacular plays. I don't care what the UZR defensive metrics say. That dude can play, straight up.''
- Jimmy Rollins on Adeiny Hechavarria
Wolfie3300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:51 PM   #12 (permalink)

I tweeted Topps shortly after making this thread and they just responded asking for the eBay link. We'll see......
Old 09-01-2015, 09:58 PM   #13 (permalink)

Okay.....Topps replied back.

"These are not in Ginter hobby boxes"

then 2 minutes later

"but they are Topps cards"

Huh???

I then asked if they were retail only and where they were from. This is weird.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:08 PM   #14 (permalink)

Last post unless someone else responds.....

Here is what I wrote Topps: "Okay, now I'm confused...LOL. Retail only? From where? Sorry for all the questions. Just confused and interested."

Topps response: "I understand the questions. We will have more information this week on that. Sorry I can't give you more."

So, these are legit Topps Ginter cards and are possibly being released soon??!! That's how it sounds to me. They have been verified as not coming from Ginter hobby boxes, but they are Topps cards.

Ginter code???!!!!
Old 09-01-2015, 10:09 PM   #15 (permalink)

Imagine for the 10th anniversary instead they called it something like Ginter 10th anniversary: black edition or something like that and made all the base, minis, and etc like this...and make the framed autos like this but signed in silver ink and the ones numbered to 10 in gold ink? (like red ink) but only that year for the 10th anniversary?
Shinypsptitans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd3d86 View Post
Last post unless someone else responds.....

Ginter code???!!!!

code speak - for "i have no idea what these are and am trying to figure it out"
glen87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:27 PM   #17 (permalink)

I saw something on Beckett online showing pricing for extended set A&G cards. The base set is 1-350, and the EXT starts at 351. I wonder if the EXT cards are the black ones?
PC guys: Frank Thomas, George Brett, Ken Griffey Jr and now collecting Bryant and Soler **Not interested in doing trades **Please don't PM me with offers for my PC guys. I will actively go out and search for what I want.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:27 PM   #18 (permalink)

Well, I'm intrigued. Ginter is the only set I collect and have been since the beginning.

I love the look of these cards and I'm sad I had not seen the auctions before they ended. Surely now they will all be sold at a premium if they are as limited as they appear.

Can't wait to see what they are actually from or are supposed to be from.

Did you message the eBay seller back to find out more info about where he got the card from?

I tried both with no response.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big35Hurt View Post
I saw something on Beckett online showing pricing for extended set A&G cards. The base set is 1-350, and the EXT starts at 351. I wonder if the EXT cards are the black ones?
no - they are the minis only found in the rip cards
glen87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:28 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
EXT cards come from the Rips
LCM1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:37 PM   #21 (permalink)

Ah ok...thanks for the info. I have opened one box, plus a few packs, no rips yet but have another box arriving later this week.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:38 PM   #22 (permalink)

Ok....looking at the auction, there is a code on the bottom portion of the back of the card. Anyone else catch that?

Lmao...nevermind...that's on all the cards.

Last edited by Big35Hurt; 09-01-2015 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:43 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok....looking at the auction, there is a code on the bottom portion of the back of the card. Anyone else catch that?
Here is the back:

Code #CMP014188

Edit: yeah codes are all the same

Last edited by bd3d86; 09-01-2015 at 11:22 PM.
bd3d86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 01:20 PM   #24 (permalink)

this might be the beginning of an answer, from the Topps twitter account:

"Ginter X is coming..."

Old 09-02-2015, 01:22 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppudaimadochi View Post
this might be the beginning of an answer, from the Topps twitter account:

"Ginter X is coming..."

I just saw that as well. The black looks insanely cool but I'm wondering how much they will add or if it will be like a Topps Opening Day