Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 10:43 AM   #26 (permalink)

Does anyone know if the Lebron or AROD have been pulled either? I have not seen anything.
Yanks23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:22 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanks23 View Post
Does anyone know if the Lebron or AROD have been pulled either? I have not seen anything.
I haven't seen the Lebron exquisite, Arod sp 9.5, Jeter sp 9.5, Strasburg super, Heyward Super, 51 Mays pulled yet.

My bucket: s304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/james8008/
jjj7880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:27 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjj7880 View Post
I haven't seen the Lebron exquisite, Arod sp 9.5, Jeter sp 9.5, Strasburg super, Heyward Super, 51 Mays pulled yet.
I pulled a sweet-looking '57 Frank Robinson yesterday. haha
Old 09-29-2010, 02:37 PM   #29 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

jjj- Did you sell your Pujols or do you still have it?
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:42 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
jjj- Did you sell your Pujols or do you still have it?
He still has it. He started a thread about how he is going to collect all of Pujols graded rookies.
csmtampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:45 PM   #31 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmtampa View Post
He still has it. He started a thread about how he is going to collect all of Pujols graded rookies.
That's really cool, Thanks!
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:49 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

i pulled it.

.......then i woke up.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:05 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
i pulled it.

.......then i woke up.
I bet that is a pretty common occurrence for you.
Andrew Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:09 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmtampa View Post
Yeah going to keep it. I don't really need the money and I have always wanted one so why sell it right?? I picked up a Bowman's best bgs 9.5 so far and possibly an spx auto soon. I bidded on a Pujols/chipper gu bat card bgs 9.5 last night but lost by $1. Anyways, if anyone has any pujols rookies they want to get rid of give me a holler!

My bucket: s304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/james8008/
jjj7880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:11 PM   #35 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jones View Post
I bet that is a pretty common occurrence for you.
i would hope so.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 03:23 PM   #36 (permalink)

Now Mr Gray is having stories edited that where on beckett speaking the truth about him. This story orignally said the following,

“I am relieved at selling the card,” he said. “It took three months of non-stop low offers from almost everybody, including Brian Gray from the Razor company, who only offered $6,750 and said I wouldn’t get over $8,000 for this card.

Now go check the NEW UPDATED story. Amazing how an entire statement is poof gone it was there 24 hours ago.

Bryce Harper Superfractor sale confirmed at $12,500 The Beckett Blog

Original story in FULL with out this mysterious edit.

********************************************************************************************

The season started with a high-profile SuperFractor sale from 2010 Bowman and it’s winding down with one as well.

The Bryce Harper USA Baseball 1/1 from the overwhelmingly popular prospecting line has sold and was confirmed as a $12,500 purchase on eBay, emulating the other high-profile Washington Nationals sale of earlier this year — the $21,403 Stephen Strasburg.

This time, though, the card took a little more time on the auction block before actually selling — it was listed five times, according to original owner Earnest Clinton — before it was purchased by Aaron Marcus of Long Island, N.Y.

“I am not going to sell the card, as I want it for my personal collection,” Marcus said on Tuesday. “I might consider selling some of the other Bryces that I own someday, though.”

Among the other cards of the 17-year-old Nationals prospect in his collection are Refractors of a couple different rare shades.

“I also own Bryce’s Bowman Chrome USA Red Refractor (numbered out of five) as a BGS 9.5,” he said, “as well an Orange Refractor (numbered out of 25).”

So what was it that attracted him to the Harper?

” I read that Sports Illustrated article when it was published and was intrigued by Bryce’s story,” Marcus said. “His physical ability and maturity at his age is jaw-dropping. But one thing that really struck me about his make-up is his work ethic. He has all of the ability in the world to be great and doesn’t take his gift for granted. He continues to work hard because of his desire to be the best. For all we know in a few years he could be hitting 600-foot home runs regularly.”

Marcus is an investment banker who admits that he took a break from collecting but has returned with a focus on rarities, much like the first buyer of the Strasburg Superfractor, Robert J. Power.

“I began collecting in the mid-1980s through the mid-1990s,” he said. “I took some time off and begain collecting again in 2007 because I liked the direction that the companies took with the changes to the products compared to the 1990s when cards were mass-produced. The thought of owning a card, and only a handful of them were made, brought my attention back to the hobby.

Ironically, Marcus isn’t a Nationals fan. He’s a fan of a different NL East team — the Mets — and he collects a few different players.

” I collect high-end Mets cards, as well as Miguel Cabrera, Hanley Ramirez, Albert Pujols and many top prospects from most organizations,” he said.

The Harper Superfractor did have a slight defect out of the packaging — a raised edge on the back bottom of the card — which might have made it tougher to sell. Clinton said he was glad he finally sold the card of the highly touted No. 1 overall draft pick.

“I am relieved at selling the card,” he said. “It took three months of non-stop low offers from almost everybody, including Brian Gray from the Razor company, who only offered $6,750 and said I wouldn’t get over $8,000 for this card.

Gray purchased the Strasburg from Power for $21,403 earlier this year, allowing the Michigan-based accountant a $4,000 profit on a card that had generated harassment after his purchase and the publicity that it generated.

Marcus said the Harper card’s defect didn’t worry him.

“The ‘issue’ with the card’s condition was not huge deal to me as this is the only one that exists,” Marcus said. ” It is what it is. When I received the card and saw the small scratch, it really wasn’t that bad at all. The seller mentioned that it was slightly damaged. There is a strong possibity that it could grade to a 9 as there are no other visible flaws. A bigger deal was made about the imperfection than should have been. Regardless, chances are that the public won’t ever see it again anyway as I’m putting it away.”
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedef2oo8 View Post
Now Mr Gray is having stories edited that where on beckett speaking the truth about him. This story orignally said the following,

Now go check the NEW UPDATED story. Amazing how an entire statement is poof gone it was there 24 hours ago.

Bryce Harper Superfractor sale confirmed at $12,500 The Beckett Blog

Original story in FULL with out this mysterious edit.

********************************************************************************************

The season started with a high-profile SuperFractor sale from 2010 Bowman and it’s winding down with one as well.

The Bryce Harper USA Baseball 1/1 from the overwhelmingly popular prospecting line has sold and was confirmed as a $12,500 purchase on eBay, emulating the other high-profile Washington Nationals sale of earlier this year — the $21,403 Stephen Strasburg.

This time, though, the card took a little more time on the auction block before actually selling — it was listed five times, according to original owner Earnest Clinton — before it was purchased by Aaron Marcus of Long Island, N.Y.

“I am not going to sell the card, as I want it for my personal collection,” Marcus said on Tuesday. “I might consider selling some of the other Bryces that I own someday, though.”

Among the other cards of the 17-year-old Nationals prospect in his collection are Refractors of a couple different rare shades.

“I also own Bryce’s Bowman Chrome USA Red Refractor (numbered out of five) as a BGS 9.5,” he said, “as well an Orange Refractor (numbered out of 25).”

So what was it that attracted him to the Harper?

” I read that Sports Illustrated article when it was published and was intrigued by Bryce’s story,” Marcus said. “His physical ability and maturity at his age is jaw-dropping. But one thing that really struck me about his make-up is his work ethic. He has all of the ability in the world to be great and doesn’t take his gift for granted. He continues to work hard because of his desire to be the best. For all we know in a few years he could be hitting 600-foot home runs regularly.”

Marcus is an investment banker who admits that he took a break from collecting but has returned with a focus on rarities, much like the first buyer of the Strasburg Superfractor, Robert J. Power.

“I began collecting in the mid-1980s through the mid-1990s,” he said. “I took some time off and begain collecting again in 2007 because I liked the direction that the companies took with the changes to the products compared to the 1990s when cards were mass-produced. The thought of owning a card, and only a handful of them were made, brought my attention back to the hobby.

Ironically, Marcus isn’t a Nationals fan. He’s a fan of a different NL East team — the Mets — and he collects a few different players.

” I collect high-end Mets cards, as well as Miguel Cabrera, Hanley Ramirez, Albert Pujols and many top prospects from most organizations,” he said.

The Harper Superfractor did have a slight defect out of the packaging — a raised edge on the back bottom of the card — which might have made it tougher to sell. Clinton said he was glad he finally sold the card of the highly touted No. 1 overall draft pick.

Gray purchased the Strasburg from Power for $21,403 earlier this year, allowing the Michigan-based accountant a $4,000 profit on a card that had generated harassment after his purchase and the publicity that it generated.

Marcus said the Harper card’s defect didn’t worry him.

“The ‘issue’ with the card’s condition was not huge deal to me as this is the only one that exists,” Marcus said. ” It is what it is. When I received the card and saw the small scratch, it really wasn’t that bad at all. The seller mentioned that it was slightly damaged. There is a strong possibity that it could grade to a 9 as there are no other visible flaws. A bigger deal was made about the imperfection than should have been. Regardless, chances are that the public won’t ever see it again anyway as I’m putting it away.”
Brian may be a clown who talks out of both sides of his mouth, but I do not blame him for having them take that off. This may be the only time that I side with him. It really didn't need to be in that article.
THE(NEXT)LEVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 09:47 AM   #38 (permalink)

I'm sure that they were afraid to get sued for this statement, unless you have it on tape any more you run the risk of someone coming after you.

My guess is that a lot of the packs are still sealed and we may not see more of the big pulls for a while as people are not gambling any more on this product and have moved to rookie baseball stuff.
Yanks23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:24 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:

How about the other people who offered $1 to $2500 for the card? Why are they not called out?

$6750 is at least an honest offer for a card and he should not be chastised for making a legitimate offer.
bradical is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:30 AM   #40 (permalink)

Ya it was pulled and it is in mr. grays house

MUSEUM COLLECTION FRAME METAL
STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPH
kyle1707 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:33 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradical View Post
How about the other people who offered $1 to $2500 for the card? Why are they not called out?

$6750 is at least an honest offer for a card and he should not be chastised for making a legitimate offer.
In agreement that it was an "honest offer".......I think the statement after that where he was said to have told the seller that he definitely wouldn't get more than $8000 for it demonstrated an attempt to act in a "bullish" manner, almost as if saying "how dare you not sell this card to me"...."do you know who I am?" LOL

Just my opinion but that's how it came across to me when I read it..........
Old 09-30-2010, 12:45 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradical View Post

Why is it when something is brought up about how crappy something he does is its brought up that everyone does it. Remember how he was a "collector" like us? And I understand you HAVE to support him blindly but if you read the story they did call them out saying "non-stop low offers from almost everybody" is that not enough? Should they list each name? Or maybe the seller realized that a company owner should have a bit more integrity than try to tell them what its worth and was a bit offended by his actions. But once again I am sure you will support his used car salesman tactics. Do you know the full story from both sides or are you going by what your boss tells you?

You would think being a bullish low balling douche isn't very hobby friendly (was his offer decent WITH OUT A DOUBT). He should have made his top offer and shut his mouth, not tell people in the hobby what there collection or cards are worth, even more so considering he proved once again he has no clue what he is talking about in the end.

Last edited by tonedef2oo8; 09-30-2010 at 12:47 PM.
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:03 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
And I understand you HAVE to support him blindly but if you read the story they did call them out saying "non-stop low offers from almost everybody" is that not enough?
What the hell are you talking about? Why do I HAVE to support him? Because I have sided with him on RRR?

Quote:
You would think being a bullish low balling douche isn't very hobby friendly (was his offer decent WITH OUT A DOUBT). He should have made his top offer and shut his mouth, not tell people in the hobby what there collection or cards are worth, even more so considering he proved once again he has no clue what he is talking about in the end.
Calling out anybody for making an offer you didn't like is tasteless. Just because BG is a name in the hobby doesn't mean he should be thrown under the bus anymore than you or I should be.

Since when do you error people in their opinions on prices? The card can't have a "market-value" so with BG or anyone else expressing their opinions on price is just that. It took numerous tries for the seller to sell the item until the final buyer was found.
bradical is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:28 AM   #44 (permalink)

more news about this product ?
sykopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #45 (permalink)

Arod 9 mint SP Foil was pulled, its not the 9.5 but it was better then the clemens the guy next to me pulled. LOL
camarofan112 is offline   Reply With Quote