Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASKETBALL BOX BREAKS

BASKETBALL BOX BREAKS Post your BASKETBALL Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2011, 07:27 AM   #76 (permalink)

No yet, that's for sure one of my top priorities, however I don't want to spend a huge amount on something I'm not sure of
Old 05-24-2011, 10:09 AM   #77 (permalink)

This thread just keeps getting better.

Awesome collection!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:18 AM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
This thread just keeps getting better.

Awesome collection!
I agree 100% great collection Jean and new pictures I like them

http://s760.photobucket.com/user/JPLakersFan/library/?sort=6&src=wap&page=1
JP Lakers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:58 PM   #79 (permalink)

Yeah I am pretty sure I found the right guy, very nice collection Contact me and lets see if we can work out a fair deal for both of us. I am a bit scared to ship this overseas so be prepared to tell me EXACTLY how you want it shipped and by whom 25x22x1 roughly

Can anyone tell me the best way to sell the rest of my items on ebay or another site? Should I use buy it now or reserves or what is the best way? Starting prices?

I plan on putting everything up at once so hopefully the smaller items will get some extra attention from people looking at the bigger items.
GameJersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:58 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
You got that right! For instance...I'm so happy those gold mini parallels in SK are numbered of 3 instead of 1/1s. Making them of 3 at least gives people a shot at putting the entire set together. A set of 1/1s is next to impossible to complete.
I agree with that general idea of scarcity, but I think /4 is the lowest you can go while still realistically allowing two set collectors to complete sets, and /7 is a great number for limited production. But the larger problem for me is that I'm not a fan of the gold & silver mini concept in general, for many reasons. I have an idea for a different limited set that I think would be the perfect replacement for the gold & silver minis, which could also add a lot of additional value & desirability to future releases. I hope it gets implemented one day...

Round Mound - you're right, I should have just said "Master Barkley Collector".
I love the life-size Barkley promo item that you have, and it appears to be in perfect condition too! How did you pull that off?
slash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:01 AM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash13 View Post
I love the life-size Barkley promo item that you have, and it appears to be in perfect condition too! How did you pull that off?
Those items are quite rare but the main concern is indeed to have them shipped to me (in France) without them ending up with large creases or even worse! For those items, the purchase price is quite low (a few dozen dollars, sometimes $100), but the shipping fees are like $150-200
Old 05-25-2011, 03:18 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash13 View Post
I agree with that general idea of scarcity, but I think /4 is the lowest you can go while still realistically allowing two set collectors to complete sets...
If the goal is to allow 2 collectors to complete the set, then yes, /4 is better than /3...of course. However, /3 makes it possible for at least 1 collector to pull it off. I think /2 could be done, but that would be a real challenge.

In the end, unless you're well connected to sellers both on and off-line, in this country as well as others, it's pretty difficult for multiple collectors to complete a set numbered /9 or less.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:04 AM   #83 (permalink)

Video of the SP Authentics Barkley

Someone on ebay wanted close ups of the auto so I figured I would post the video I made here.

Thank You guys again for the PM's on how to get alot of this done. Its been a while since I was on ebay so I was rusty
Old 05-30-2011, 09:38 AM   #84 (permalink)

I have a Barkley 8X10 IP auto
papiis01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:50 AM   #85 (permalink)

Here's supposedly a game-used Barkley jersey:

CHARLES BARKLEY GAME USED WORN JERSEY GREY FLANNEL | eBay

The seller is claiming a 200% refund of your money if it ends up being deemed not game-used. That's a pretty good guarantee, although I don't know how you'd ever force him to do it.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:25 AM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:

The seller is claiming a 200% refund of your money if it ends up being deemed not game-used. That's a pretty good guarantee, although I don't know how you'd ever force him to do it.
I've seen this jersey; but let's say I'm saving money for the potential purchase of the UD 1/1

Last edited by Round Mound; 05-30-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Round Mound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:27 AM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round Mound View Post
I've seen this jersey; but let's say I'm saving money for the potential purcahse of the UD 1/1
Good luck with that one. It would be an amazing addition to your collection! That's where it belongs if you ask me.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:29 AM   #88 (permalink)

This has been one sick thread. Gotta love the Barkley Love. He doesn't get much appreciation in today's Panini Products. However, I really like those Famous Fabric Lettermen. Well worth it and Great pull!
Old 05-30-2011, 11:34 AM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Good luck with that one. It would be an amazing addition to your collection! That's where it belongs if you ask me.
Thanks, I'll try my best

Quote:
Originally Posted by benshobbies View Post
This has been one sick thread. Gotta love the Barkley Love. He doesn't get much appreciation in today's Panini Products. However, I really like those Famous Fabric Lettermen. Well worth it and Great pull!
I'm quite happy Barkley isn't in Panini collections. A nice National Treasures Auto/Patch, that's all I'd like to see from them

Last edited by Round Mound; 05-31-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Round Mound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:40 AM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:

Considering there is no real iron clad 'game used' authenticators that are taken seriously, there is no way you could enforce it. Game used jerseys are a different beast then cards. They are forged all the time, and it's really tough to verify unless you have some written provenance from the player, coach, etc, and even then it's questioned. Photomatches are another way - striped and patch placement help out a lot in the instance of the Barkley jersey you posted.

That being said, I wouldn't touch that barkley with a 10 foot pole......I've paid WAYY more for lesser players then Barkley, the price isn't right.....
chipmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:43 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmaster View Post
Considering there is no real iron clad 'game used' authenticators that are taken seriously, there is no way you could enforce it. Game used jerseys are a different beast then cards. They are forged all the time, and it's really tough to verify unless you have some written provenance from the player, coach, etc, and even then it's questioned. Photomatches are another way - striped and patch placement help out a lot in the instance of the Barkley jersey you posted.

That being said, I wouldn't touch that barkley with a 10 foot pole......I've paid WAYY more for lesser players then Barkley, the price isn't right.....
His wording is way fishy in the auction. While it does come from GF, it isnt certified by GF?!?

The big number 4 looks very odd with the stripes missing, cant remember ever seeing that before in a game.

Perhaps he means it was Game Used was for a charity game or some other non NBA event...
Old 06-02-2011, 05:36 PM   #92 (permalink)

That's why so far I haven't spent any $$ on the so-called game-worn jerseys you can find online
Old 06-03-2011, 03:12 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameJersey View Post
His wording is way fishy in the auction. While it does come from GF, it isnt certified by GF?!?

The big number 4 looks very odd with the stripes missing, cant remember ever seeing that before in a game.

Perhaps he means it was Game Used was for a charity game or some other non NBA event...
GF doesn't mean diddly either.......I've personally watched Helmets and Jersey's get pulled many times over the past 10 years from their auctions.......Usually because people with actual knowledge call them out, and they're forced to do it.

Hell, even JO Sports had some suspect Redskins jerseys a couple of years back, and they were given DIRECTLY to JO from the damn team as game used! They had a Jason Campbell 75th Anniversary Throwback 'game used' jersey......Fine and dandy, but Jason was INJURED for that game.....'game issued' anyone?
Old 06-05-2011, 01:48 AM   #94 (permalink)

I just picked up the Famous Fabrics Quad patch of Iverson/Erving/Barkley/Iguodala /9. All have SICK patches. Ill throw up some pics tomorrow. Since this seems to be the Barkley forum, any idea on the value?
BoxBreaker72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:14 AM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxBreaker72 View Post
I just picked up the Famous Fabrics Quad patch of Iverson/Erving/Barkley/Iguodala /9. All have SICK patches. Ill throw up some pics tomorrow. Since this seems to be the Barkley forum, any idea on the value?
I would say it's in the $80-200 range depending on the patches.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:14 PM   #96 (permalink)

I was actually just offered 300 for this on another forum... I had no idea Barkley collectors were so intense. Sorry for the poor pic, all I have is my cell phone camera.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
I was actually just offered 300 for this on another forum... I had no idea Barkley collectors were so intense. Sorry for the poor pic, all I have is my cell phone camera.
Gotta love the Famous Fabrics appreciation.

Nice card!
Old 06-05-2011, 03:32 PM   #98 (permalink)

All the patches from this series are really sick:

Old 06-05-2011, 03:39 PM   #99 (permalink)

Hey roundmound, any idea on what mine could go for? Looks like you have half the print run yourself...
Old 06-05-2011, 03:53 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Hey roundmound, any idea on what mine could go for? Looks like you have half the print run yourself...
Those are just pics I saved from ended auctions, I only have 1 of them (the #6/9).

For yours I would say $150