Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASKETBALL BOX BREAKS

BASKETBALL BOX BREAKS Post your BASKETBALL Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2009, 09:45 AM   #51 (permalink)

Congrats ! One pack and an MJ, even a slightly damaged one, is awesome. Don't know why you were given such a rough ride on your story because does it or better yet, should it, really matter if you pulled it from one pack or not ?

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 09:55 AM   #52 (permalink)

he only got a rough ride at the start when he didnt have a pic of it....anyone would give someone with such a great hit a rough ride with no pic

Photobucket:
http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Matts_cardz/library/?sort=3&page=1
matts_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #53 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts_cardz View Post
he only got a rough ride at the start when he didnt have a pic of it....anyone would give someone with such a great hit a rough ride with no pic
Uhhhh, no, they wouldn't. I think it's sad that certain people needed "proof" to believe this guy. I for one think it's pretty easy to sift through the BS on here, but either way, why jump all over someone? Envy?
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:22 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo675675 View Post
If you did pull a MJ rc congrats But we still would like some scans......
Quote:
Quote:
Why not just put that pics up now??
Quote:
Good luck with getting those pics up and rember its easy to do, anyone on this site or I can walk you through the steps
Quote:
Are the pics up yet???
I dont know who all these comments about people needing to eat "CROW' are directed too? So if ljlaurendr or anyone else thinks my post where in the wrong and I need to eat "CROW" JLMK.
And if what I said made you mad ljlaurendr my bad, I know a lot of people get S##T because what they post. I think for the most of us and I just wanted to see some scans....
Old 05-17-2009, 10:34 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
I dont know who all these comments about people needing to eat "CROW' are directed too? So if ljlaurendr or anyone else thinks my post where in the wrong and I need to eat "CROW" JLMK.
And if what I said made you mad ljlaurendr my bad, I know a lot of people get S##T because what they post. I think for the most of us and I just wanted to see some scans....
I took no offense to anyone questioning me, especially not you as you just asked to see pics, I don't recall you ever call me a liar or anything like that. If anyone did that is your own issue. As I said before, I have read this board for a long time, love reading it because I don't open much product so it is fun to see what other people are pulling. If I want a card I will generally just buy it instead of taking the risk of opening packs.

I normally don't share when I open stuff, I thought I would post this time just because I opened a pack that I had waited over 20 years to buy and open, the wait was more than worth it. There is truth to not believing everything on the internet, I think sometimes it is alright to belive people though. If they are lying what really does it hurt if you believe them? Doesn't make you a lesser person.

I hope everyone gets a pull like this at some point, I got a kick out of it.
ljlaurendr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 11:27 AM   #56 (permalink)

Nice pull, congrats and enjoy it. Too bad some people need to start a snowball down a hill and watch it turn into an avalanche. Guess you have to rip and scan immediately.
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:28 PM   #57 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
Nice pull, congrats and enjoy it. Too bad some people need to start a snowball down a hill and watch it turn into an avalanche. Guess you have to rip and scan immediately.

No, you have to rip as you video tape it with a copy of the current day's paper with the date on it in the background. See, I learned that lesson after I pulled my Exquisite Dual Logoman Jordan/James card while reeling in that 80 lb. muskie from the stream by my house...but i had forgotten my camera. Oh, and the muskie ate the card and then swam away
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 02:34 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
No, you have to rip as you video tape it with a copy of the current day's paper with the date on it in the background. See, I learned that lesson after I pulled my Exquisite Dual Logoman Jordan/James card while reeling in that 80 lb. muskie from the stream by my house...but i had forgotten my camera. Oh, and the muskie ate the card and then swam away
You want to know whats really funny, I caught that same muskie..... but the muskie already listed the dual Logoman on ebay
Old 05-17-2009, 02:56 PM   #59 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fm8418

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljlaurendr View Post
I took no offense to anyone questioning me, especially not you as you just asked to see pics, I don't recall you ever call me a liar or anything like that. If anyone did that is your own issue. As I said before, I have read this board for a long time, love reading it because I don't open much product so it is fun to see what other people are pulling. If I want a card I will generally just buy it instead of taking the risk of opening packs.

I normally don't share when I open stuff, I thought I would post this time just because I opened a pack that I had waited over 20 years to buy and open, the wait was more than worth it. There is truth to not believing everything on the internet, I think sometimes it is alright to belive people though. If they are lying what really does it hurt if you believe them? Doesn't make you a lesser person.

I hope everyone gets a pull like this at some point, I got a kick out of it.

That's the thing, no one called you a liar, I don't get why all these people are ganging up on me, Matt or anyone else that asked for pics, people also just want to see the card as it is a rare pull nowadays. Most of my stuff is sarcasm anyways which is why there was a smiley after I said from 1 pack. People take everything to heart, I like to throw out situations that could happen theoretically. Everything I say, is not my belief.

The best part is people complain about naysayers but yet they will come on and do the same thing and belittle them for it.

People need to relax

Last edited by fm8418; 05-17-2009 at 03:24 PM.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:24 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Skins, I agree with whats posted above, I think you are probably looking 350-400 range minimum. There was one locally I was going to try and pick up and thats the range we were debating as well.
The guy's price was $240 at the LCS ungraded. I could probably get it for lower. Next time I'm there I'll see what the lowest he can go is since it's a customers shelf. Oh and Fish I fell in for a box of Black since it was pretty decent price($225) at the LCS
SkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:46 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
That's the thing, no one called you a liar, I don't get why all these people are ganging up on me, Matt or anyone else that asked for pics, people also just want to see the card as it is a rare pull nowadays. Most of my stuff is sarcasm anyways which is why there was a smiley after I said from 1 pack. People take everything to heart, I like to throw out situations that could happen theoretically. Everything I say, is not my belief.

The best part is people complain about naysayers but yet they will come on and do the same thing and belittle them for it.

People need to relax
I never got mad at people doubting me nor did I say that anyone called me a liar, only one guy said anything relating to that and he called me a 12 year old, I don't care either way. The pull was sweet, this thread has been almost as entertaining.
ljlaurendr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:56 PM   #62 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljlaurendr View Post
The pull was sweet, this thread has been almost as entertaining.
When the right people open their mouth around here it always gets entertaining.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote