Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASKETBALL BOX BREAKS

BASKETBALL BOX BREAKS Post your BASKETBALL Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 1 Box basketball

Done, not a great box. No pmg probably the last box of retro i'll have

Last edited by crazymj; 09-22-2012 at 02:06 AM. Reason: done
crazymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

wooohooo! good luck bro and pull me a Penny i need =]
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

What did I miss?
Old 09-19-2012, 11:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

I think there weren't any PMGs. No Lebron or Jordan Autos. I think the best card actually was either a Jerry Sloan auto or a Larry Bird insert. Pretty rough break at this price when the best card was either

2012 11-12 fleer retro autographics auto sp? jerry sloan | eBay

Larry Bird 11-12 Fleer Retro Competitive Advantage | eBay

I could be wrong and may have missed something better, but I think those may have been the top two hits.
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:25 AM   #5 (permalink)

I was shocked how bad the break was too. Definitely the worst one yet that I've seen.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateDeron View Post
I was shocked how bad the break was too. Definitely the worst one yet that I've seen.
I guarantee you that if I busted a box of this, it would be the most comically awful break in the history of the world. Nobody has worse luck than I.
I recently started working full-time (finally). As a result, I often forget about PMs which I've reviewed during the day, but did not have time to respond to. Please feel free to follow up. It is not my intention to ignore or forget about anyone.
bdrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

OP, did you ever get anyone to bite and buy your 9 loose packs at $27/per from the mini-box where you already hit the PMG in the 1st pack?
Old 09-21-2012, 02:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

oh no you didn't!!! :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
OP, did you ever get anyone to bite and buy your 9 loose packs at $27/per from the mini-box where you already hit the PMG in the 1st pack?
mos2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

good luck
Old 09-21-2012, 03:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mos2280 View Post
oh no you didn't!!! :P
Was just wondering if anyone was stupid enough to buy...Guess I was the only one to catch this
Old 09-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Was just wondering if anyone was stupid enough to buy...Guess I was the only one to catch this
from the words of the last Larry Bird pull, "Competitive Advantage"
Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #12 (permalink)

I always wondered why these breaks turn into "live auctions" with raffles and such.

No hate really, but I haven't made it through watching 1 break, because every time I tune in, something is up for sale?

Maybe that's just me though.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't see anything wrong with this.... who in their right mind doesn't know that something nice was already pulled? Especially if let's say he had an ebay listing with 9 quantity. Then i'm sure anybody can put two and two together and know that something nice was already pulled.

BUT..... that doesn't mean anything, because there can still be a Blue PMG, or even a Green/10! It's not 1 PMG per box. Out of a 6 box case I got 8! 2 each in two boxes, and the rest had one each. And from all the other breaks i've seen out there, on youtube, people posting box break threads... they've all pulled at least 1, but i've seen pleanty hit two as well. I've never seen somebody pull none, and haven't even heard of somebody pulling none, except for the Retro haters saying that there are boxes with none, when they probably don't even know for a fact SMH

And yes, i'm pretty sure there are boxes with none, as many have 2 in them. So by Yi selling off the rest of them he risks the chance at a Jordan, Lebron, or whoever, PMG Blue/50, Green/10, and even the Reds/150. It's all a game of chance.... are you willing to open the whole box? Or risk missing out?

By the way Yi, I heard somebody who bought your packs pulled a Jordan GREEN/10 and a Jordan 1/1 buyback, as well as a Lebron Blue! HAHA jk
Old 09-22-2012, 12:12 AM   #14 (permalink)

It's not one per box. And he's selling loose packs so it's obvious you're not getting a 'full box.' I wouldn't do it but that's just me.

Gotten 2 in a box and 0 in a box.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:24 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
I don't see anything wrong with this.... who in their right mind doesn't know that something nice was already pulled? Especially if let's say he had an ebay listing with 9 quantity. Then i'm sure anybody can put two and two together and know that something nice was already pulled.

BUT..... that doesn't mean anything, because there can still be a Blue PMG, or even a Green/10! It's not 1 PMG per box. Out of a 6 box case I got 8! 2 each in two boxes, and the rest had one each. And from all the other breaks i've seen out there, on youtube, people posting box break threads... they've all pulled at least 1, but i've seen pleanty hit two as well. I've never seen somebody pull none, and haven't even heard of somebody pulling none, except for the Retro haters saying that there are boxes with none, when they probably don't even know for a fact SMH

And yes, i'm pretty sure there are boxes with none, as many have 2 in them. So by Yi selling off the rest of them he risks the chance at a Jordan, Lebron, or whoever, PMG Blue/50, Green/10, and even the Reds/150. It's all a game of chance.... are you willing to open the whole box? Or risk missing out?

By the way Yi, I heard somebody who bought your packs pulled a Jordan GREEN/10 and a Jordan 1/1 buyback, as well as a Lebron Blue! HAHA jk
As clearly stated above by me, the box break from this thread had 0 PMGs, also seen some breaks from Chris with 0. OMG, I must be a retro hater. Too bad me being a retro hater is an OPINION, and 0 PMGs coming from this break is a FACT
Old 09-22-2012, 12:24 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomiamigo View Post
It's not one per box. And he's selling loose packs so it's obvious you're not getting a 'full box.' I wouldn't do it but that's just me.

Gotten 2 in a box and 0 in a box.
RETRO HATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2012, 01:21 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
=
BUT..... that doesn't mean anything, because there can still be a Blue PMG, or even a Green/10! It's not 1 PMG per box. Out of a 6 box case I got 8! 2 each in two boxes, and the rest had one each.
So wait, the case that you busted that was "all scrubs" and "not worth scanning" had 8 PMGs in it? That sounds like a pretty good case to me.......