Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASKETBALL BOX BREAKS

BASKETBALL BOX BREAKS Post your BASKETBALL Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 03:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Exquisite Crazy Price Question

I'm not card genius but I do very well with cards and when I want to flip something, I scout hard and it usually works out. But it is buggin me out when I see the kiling some people are alledegly making on this product. I bought my case for $2450 and I can flip that for a profit tomorrow. I thought that was a solid secondary market price when i bought it, but it looks awful when people are posting they got a box for $575! Where the heck are people getting these deals. What dealer would even sell for this price when they could get an extra thousand on ebay?
dasiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
I'm not card genius but I do very well with cards and when I want to flip something, I scout hard and it usually works out. But it is buggin me out when I see the kiling some people are alledegly making on this product. I bought my case for $2450 and I can flip that for a profit tomorrow. I thought that was a solid secondary market price when i bought it, but it looks awful when people are posting they got a box for $575! Where the heck are people getting these deals. What dealer would even sell for this price when they could get an extra thousand on ebay?
I called in and paid for mine a few days after the news.
Picked it up today as I was busy but I paid 1800(not1700 like I thought).
Here it is and I think I may try to trade it for a nice lebron or jordan
Attached Thumbnails
Exquisite Crazy Price Question-exquisbb.jpg  
Old 10-21-2012, 07:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Most dealers can't sell them on ebay unless they are certified by UD...I have 5 cases sitting here staring at me...but i just turn the other way
strider_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Most UD dealers only paid about 420 a box if they order early. So your guy sold this to you for 2400 he made roughly about 100% profit on you. Now at this point if he had to reorder this he will be paying more but still not even close to what you paid for the case. I seen a dealer tell a guy preorder price was 700 and the day he got it in the shop he was at around 900. That kind of sucks when you buy from the same guy all the time and you spend thousands a month and they still find away to screw you around. If you want a cheaper price preorder it and pay in full. I just can't see paying between 800-900 for a box and at best getting Jordan card that sells for around 900-1000 there is no Logic in this just go buy the Jordan on eBay. Just my 2 cents.
Hardtimes2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

@Strider, yea I saw those pics, lol. I bet you end up cracking half of those but if you are a smart man, I'd crack one to satisfy your collecting needs and hold everything else til the end of Nov/Dec. and sell and clean up on it once the season starts and stuff dries up more!

@Thor, we have to talk, lol.

@Hardtimes, great response, and I figured as much. I only have one card dealer with a brick/mortar store that I trust. So I get great prices on all stuff Topps/Panini but he didn't get this Exquisite as I guess it was very selective who did. Therefore I bought mine throguh Dave and Adams and even at that most people paid $2600 plus. I knew I got ripped off but I also think case prices will settle at around $3000 mid season and I'm fine with that flip.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

Nice box break
Old 10-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

But what people don't realize is that each store only gets like 1 or 2 cases. Its not like they can order unlimited amount of cases at $420 a box (if thats the price). And also in order to be able to order direct from upper deck, they hvae to be a long time customer and order couple cases of whatever crap upper deck puts out so yes exquisite obviously was a big flipper product for stores, but they also have to taken in a lot of crappy products that we wouldn't want. So i don't blame stores for trying to sell it at a high profit when they are only able to get a case. And once the store sells the case, and they still have a lot of people interested, then they will go to dealer net where they can buy cases from distributors or other card stores that still have cases left. Its usually cheaper than dacardworld or blowoutcards or pittsburgh sports cards but its not like the base price that upper deck released. I was able to get my first case at presell of $2500, and then i had to pay $2800 for the next order. The prices might be coming down a bit now and u can maybe find it back at $2600.

Out of maybe 6 stores i called around me, only half even got a case of exquisite in, so you can't blame them for trying to sell as much as they can get.
crazymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Crazymj is completely right. My LCS guy didn't get the Exquisite because it made no sense financially for him. If he bought that product he would have had to buy in a package a bunch of crappy low end products from UD as well that he can't sell. I guess his market is more football and baseball anyway so it didn't make sense. The manufacturers really want stores to carry a plethora of their products and this is the way they get their other brands out there to consumers. So when Also,their are price point rules as well. So when I hear these stories about cases under $2000, these stores must trust that customer because if UD or especially Panini catches you, they'll blacklist you from their products.