Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASKETBALL BOX BREAKS

BASKETBALL BOX BREAKS Post your BASKETBALL Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNJOHNNY View Post
Hey man, i didn't see any base sets for sale? Got any?
I sold 20 sets in presell before the release. Collation is so bad that I'm not sure how many more I'll be able to build after this extra 4 case break. (I still owed a buyer of 17 sets additional cards because the collation is so bad)

Panini really needs to get their crap together on collation. I mean, so base cards I have 45-50 copies. Other base cards I have less than 20. That's just stupid. These aren't SP's either, they are just bench players, and it's random, and it happens with vets and RC's and legends.

If I have any additional sets, I'll post them up for BIN/BO by this weekend.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlazarevich View Post
I sold 20 sets in presell before the release. Collation is so bad that I'm not sure how many more I'll be able to build after this extra 4 case break. (I still owed a buyer of 17 sets additional cards because the collation is so bad)

Panini really needs to get their crap together on collation. I mean, so base cards I have 45-50 copies. Other base cards I have less than 20. That's just stupid. These aren't SP's either, they are just bench players, and it's random, and it happens with vets and RC's and legends.

If I have any additional sets, I'll post them up for BIN/BO by this weekend.
give me the heads up on a set.. lol
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:20 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Your banking on your Lillard #1/10 Gold right now bro! I bid it up to $800.00 and then stopped. I think you will get close to $1,500.00 for it! Congrats!!! -Ryan
puregreen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:31 PM   #29 (permalink)

wow congrats on the lilliard that thing gonna go crazy
jbmets95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:33 PM   #30 (permalink)

nice hits man congrats!
ads912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:56 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
give me the heads up on a set.. lol
I've got your request in my little notebook, if I can build a set you are one of the first in line. (after I fulfill the previous order) I'm pretty sure I will be able to deliver. Collation is bad, but I have so many base cards to make up for it.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:22 AM   #32 (permalink)

I can't remember last time someone was requesting sets lol
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:27 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
I can't remember last time someone was requesting sets lol
Building and selling base sets is the ONLY thing that keeps me in the game as a case breaker of Panini NBA products. Without those base set sales, I'd be losing every single break. That's why it's harder to bust and profit from mid-high end products. You can't build 50 base sets and sell them for $20 a pop. There are tons of collectors who want base sets of every Panini product, especially low end. Tons. I've sold out of every base set for every Panini NBA product this year so far.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:58 AM   #34 (permalink)

Love the breakdown as always. I'll definitely be checking back to see how you did. I'm very happy to see that you will be making a nice profit. Big profits = more breaks!

Thanks for sharing!
nbalinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:09 AM   #35 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Building and selling base sets is the ONLY thing that keeps me in the game as a case breaker of Panini NBA products. Without those base set sales, I'd be losing every single break. That's why it's harder to bust and profit from mid-high end products. You can't build 50 base sets and sell them for $20 a pop. There are tons of collectors who want base sets of every Panini product, especially low end. Tons. I've sold out of every base set for every Panini NBA product this year so far.
Hey Alex, did you pull any Drummond or Jermey Lamb Gold's or Autos? Please PM, thank you! -Ryan-
puregreen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:30 AM   #36 (permalink)

Hey Alex cool breaks, I was the one who bought 4 golds off your eBay inc the drJ (in Australia)

http://s670.photobucket.com/user/brentus777/library/For%20Sale%20or%20Trade?sort=6&page=1
brentus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:49 AM   #37 (permalink)

A slightly off the wall question but how do you ship sets (around 300 cards) for $6.50 only? Isn't your priority cost well more than that?
tdmonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:09 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentus777 View Post
Hey Alex cool breaks, I was the one who bought 4 golds off your eBay inc the drJ (in Australia)
Thank you for your business!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:13 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdmonkeys View Post
A slightly off the wall question but how do you ship sets (around 300 cards) for $6.50 only? Isn't your priority cost well more than that?
Check out the USPS Priority "Regional Box A". You can fit a 500 count card box into a Regional Box A. The cost is anywhere from $5.50-$7.50, making it a much better deal than the Medium Flat Rate Box.

I never use Medium or Large Flat Rate Priority anymore. I always use Regional Box A, and the larger Regional Box B.

The only downside to Regional boxes is that you have to order those boxes online at usps.com. They are free though, and you can order then in lots of 25/each. Just order a 25/lot once a day for 4 days and you have 100 boxes.

By the way, these Prizm 1-300 sets don't fit into a 400 count card box. They require a 500 count. The cards are just a tad too thick to fit in the 400.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #40 (permalink)

I've been accused of schilling the Jeremy Lin card by a "Euge J" on the Panini blog.

Green & Gold: The Big-Money Appeal of Two New Panini America NBA Chase Sets The Official Panini America Blog

I responded to that accusation on the Panini blog. I don't take accusations lightly, but they are out of my control. All I can do is try to assure those buyers that do buy from me that I have not, nor will I ever, schill any item I am selling. I have only one eBay account and I never discuss or encourage anyone to bid on my items. My success and getting high bids, I believe, is because I ship worldwide, I allow 14 days for payment, and I offer free combined shipping, and most important buyers come back to me because they know they can trust me to deliver the goods when they buy from me. I absolutely positively do NOT schill. I never have and I never will. I decided when I started this side business in 2010, I was either going to make it honestly, or I was going to fail because the market just isn't there. But there was one thing for certain, I was going to treat buyers the same way I want to be treated: cool cards, fair prices, honest service, no games, no tricks, no scams. I was either going to make it with that as my trademark, or I was going to fail because the market just isn't there.

"Euge J" is also known as "iakstar" on eBay. They messaged me when the Lin was for sale, and offered me $85 + $35 shipping (to Australia) for the Lin card. I responded the way I do to all such requests:

Dear iakstar,

Hi Euge,

Thanks for the offer, but I never end auctions once they've started, for any price. You can be assured I won't end the auction for any other offer as well. I hope you do bid on the item.

Sincerely,

Alex

- alexlazarevich*cardboardaddict

To: alexlazarevich*cardboardaddict
Subject: Details about item: iakstar sent a message about (#d to jersey) 2012-13 Panini Prizm Jeremy Lin Rockets Gold Prizm Parallel 07/10 #200856381538
Sent Date: Nov-30-12 07:44:22 PST

Dear alexlazarevich*cardboardaddict,

Hi Alex, just hoping you might end the auction for me if I offer you $85 for the card and $35 for postage. I am ready to pay instantly.

Please get back to me, I am in Australia but have a fantastic, perfect feedback as both a buyer and seller of basketball cards to and from the States. Thanks for your time Alex.

-Euge

- iakstar
Old 12-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #41 (permalink)

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! Are the box/case breaks profitable and a good risk for this product?
Old 12-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #42 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Very nice write up Alex.

Good luck with the sales and the morons who suspect shill bidding.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Check out the USPS Priority "Regional Box A". You can fit a 500 count card box into a Regional Box A. The cost is anywhere from $5.50-$7.50, making it a much better deal than the Medium Flat Rate Box.

I never use Medium or Large Flat Rate Priority anymore. I always use Regional Box A, and the larger Regional Box B.

The only downside to Regional boxes is that you have to order those boxes online at usps.com. They are free though, and you can order then in lots of 25/each. Just order a 25/lot once a day for 4 days and you have 100 boxes.

By the way, these Prizm 1-300 sets don't fit into a 400 count card box. They require a 500 count. The cards are just a tad too thick to fit in the 400.
Ive been constantly getting 400 ct boxes in the mail from the US after many of Houdini and Imnotdeds group breaks. They all come with a post mark of $4.40 or $4.90. Thats to Canada!

Using the right methods to ship can work out to reasonable prices!!

Just got in a box of Topps Five star from old goldys break. It cost less than $5 to ship to Canada as well.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #44 (permalink)

What a load of BS. I bid 350, still kicking myself that I didn't bump it up to 450.

Killer break Alex, congrats! If you need any base cards for sets, let me know. I didn't do anywhere close to how well you did lol.

Quote:
I've been accused of schilling the Jeremy Lin card by a "Euge J" on the Panini blog.

Green & Gold: The Big-Money Appeal of Two New Panini America NBA Chase Sets The Official Panini America Blog

I responded to that accusation on the Panini blog. I don't take accusations lightly, but they are out of my control. All I can do is try to assure those buyers that do buy from me that I have not, nor will I ever, schill any item I am selling. I have only one eBay account and I never discuss or encourage anyone to bid on my items. My success and getting high bids, I believe, is because I ship worldwide, I allow 14 days for payment, and I offer free combined shipping, and most important buyers come back to me because they know they can trust me to deliver the goods when they buy from me. I absolutely positively do NOT schill. I never have and I never will. I decided when I started this side business in 2010, I was either going to make it honestly, or I was going to fail because the market just isn't there. But there was one thing for certain, I was going to treat buyers the same way I want to be treated: cool cards, fair prices, honest service, no games, no tricks, no scams. I was either going to make it with that as my trademark, or I was going to fail because the market just isn't there.

"Euge J" is also known as "iakstar" on eBay. They messaged me when the Lin was for sale, and offered me $85 + $35 shipping (to Australia) for the Lin card. I responded the way I do to all such requests:

Dear iakstar,

Hi Euge,

Thanks for the offer, but I never end auctions once they've started, for any price. You can be assured I won't end the auction for any other offer as well. I hope you do bid on the item.

Sincerely,

Alex

- alexlazarevich*cardboardaddict

To: alexlazarevich*cardboardaddict
Subject: Details about item: iakstar sent a message about (#d to jersey) 2012-13 Panini Prizm Jeremy Lin Rockets Gold Prizm Parallel 07/10 #200856381538
Sent Date: Nov-30-12 07:44:22 PST

Dear alexlazarevich*cardboardaddict,

Hi Alex, just hoping you might end the auction for me if I offer you $85 for the card and $35 for postage. I am ready to pay instantly.

Please get back to me, I am in Australia but have a fantastic, perfect feedback as both a buyer and seller of basketball cards to and from the States. Thanks for your time Alex.

-Euge

- iakstar
wesnilevirus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #45 (permalink)

any updates?
Old 12-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #46 (permalink)

I think alex is just successful on ebay and people get Jealous. My 2 cents. Alex's stuff does really good because he has alot of return customers and must sell mint stuff. I wish I could get the prices he does on a average I wish I knew how to make that happen. lol
EricMetcalf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:13 PM   #47 (permalink)
Banned

Hahahahahah

that dumbass that lin would sell for $85???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

What planet has he been living on.
JOHNJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:14 PM   #48 (permalink)

One can appreciate Alex's dedication and hard work to turn a profit. That's how you do it! Thanks for all your knowledge and breakdown, everyones greatfull.
Kodiak10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #49 (permalink)

I did 8 boxes and could only build 1 set
Old 12-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I did 8 boxes and could only build 1 set
I needed about 30 cards for another set on my last case, didnt complete until the 8th box, i was starting to freak out I had it already sold. lol
EricMetcalf21 is offline   Reply With Quote