Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   BASKETBALL BOX BREAKS (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball-box-breaks/)
-   -   97-98 Bowman's Best: Tons of Fun (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball-box-breaks/409081-97-98-bowmans-best-tons-fun.html)

WhacksPacks 12-04-2012 08:54 PM

97-98 Bowman's Best: Tons of Fun

Forgot how enjoyable openong packs just for 'fun' was.. Back before it was all about sooper mojozzzz.

This was loaded with key RC's and inserts.. In fact, oddly enough, some packs contained nothing but inserts. Collation was a b*tch as was the problem base cards somewhat stocking together.. But for 60 bucks a pop it won't be my last.

Pics available upon request

Key Rookies:
Tim Duncan X 2 :)!
Tracy McGrady ;)
Derek Anderson
Chauncey Billups :)!

Refractors:
Shawn Bradley
Elden Campbell

Atomic Refractor:
Bryant Stith (lol wut)

Insert Time (loaded!!)

Best Picks Refractor special insert (with some kinda funky pattern holes punched into it by design): Adonal Foyle

Mirror Image: shaquille O'neal/Adonal Foyle (Front)
Chris Webber/ Tim Thomas (Back)

Best Techniques:

Gary Payton
Gary Payton again
Anddddd
Gary Payton Refractor
lol.. Collation is a beast

Best Performance:

Michael Jordan X 2 ! :flex:
Grant Hill X 2
Clyde Drexler X 2
Shaquille O'neal X 2
Shawn Kemp
The Mailman Malone X 2
Shareef Abdur Rahim Gazuntite navidad Amen X 2
Dikembe "Master of the English language" Mutombo X 2

So over 20 inserts and refractors in the box including some big name dupes like MJ

It was a blast. We should all bust one of these old school boxes every now and then to remind us how fun the hobby can sometimes still be... Sometimes :)

Drdduet 12-05-2012 12:35 PM

i love opening old basketball.....it reminds me how difficult it was to pull refractors.

bigcwd2000 12-05-2012 01:31 PM

Nice break. I love the 90's breaks. They always look fun regardless of who you get.

rocketfan86 12-05-2012 04:02 PM

I've bought 4 of these boxes over the past 2 years and they are quite fun to open. I hate that my atomic refractor cards are of no-name people. I think I, too, pulled Bryant Stith on at least one of my atomic refractors.

Plus, with this box, there is the possibility of getting some nice autographed cards like Karl Malone i believe in the regular, refractor, and atomic refractor versions.

Vincesanity 12-05-2012 08:07 PM

Did a box of 98-99 Chrome and Finest today, more exciting than the new products to me. Where are you get your old boxes from?

Freewheelburnin 12-07-2012 12:22 AM

I've been cleaning out a local shop who has tons of old wax. I've busted two 98-99 chrome and just got two boxes of 95-96 stadium club for $20. Well worth it for the fun. He's got a series two 96-97 finest I hope to buy with Christmas money! Great box btw!