Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASKETBALL BOX BREAKS

BASKETBALL BOX BREAKS Post your BASKETBALL Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

I opened two packs because I wanted to see what the cards looked like, and wanted to see how Panini could pull off this kind of set without the massive bowing that is Topps Chrome.

And pulled a Team USA LeBron.
AsInHowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
i am sensitive, i feel like once every 3-4 posts even if im not making the post i read some comment that doesn't fit and is usually an attack or mock. if i make a thread question about retail, answers about it being the only way to find the green are a solid response, it answers my thread inquiry. if i respond "yea, but the value is kinda weak on these retail products," i don't need to hear some smartass comment about, some people actually collect and don't flip everything. its just irritating when i'm trying to have a normal dialogue with collectors who have the answer to my question.
Remember, it's just the internet bra
Olajuwon, Drexler, Earl Campbell/Longhorns, Byfuglien, Red Wings, Patrick/Evander Kane
pengages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaga View Post
I think their comments meant that they buy retail to add the green ones to their collections?

Me, if we had retail up here in Canada (the wal marts only sell hockey, no bball at all), I would totally go buy some! I'd love to add some of those green ones to my collection, because I think they look beautiful. I mean, I wouldn't go buy 5 cases of the stuff, but I'd definitely stop by and grab 10 packs or even a box.

And me personally, I think the greens look better than the golds.
You dont need to go to walmart my main man. LCS will carry retail product in canada. My card shop has retail boxes
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:35 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengages View Post
Remember, it's just the internet bra
dude you're so right, i can't figure out why comments from people i don't know on a sports card forum sometimes get to me, lol. some of my weaker moments lol.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #30 (permalink)

well i decided to buy 14 packs of prizm retail at target today, my conclusion, spend the extra 30-40 bucks and get the hobby.

downtown bound dirk nowitzki
finalists clyde drexler
mvp allen iverson
green john jenkins
green kris joseph
michael kidd gilchrist rookie and kenneth faried rookie.

no autos no golds (i know u cant get them in retail) i'd take my chances with hobby.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:19 PM   #31 (permalink)

Okay, I haven't bought any, although I'd love to, but here is my thoughts!

1) People love the inserts, the are beautiful and nice additions to collections. They bring back the insert part of collecting and thats awesome!

2) If you plan on flipping (some people do), some of these green's sell for nice $$$. Any star player for a team (LeBron, Kobe, Love, Irving, ect.) sell for $40-$110 (Kobe USA went for $110). Thats nice change right there, some people are in it just for that "wow" factor!
http://s153.photobucket.com/albums/s204/hotshotter/Sports%20Cards/
CC_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:33 PM   #32 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to MCAutoGraphs

1st of all try posting in the correct thread, don't think anyone mentioned that yet but anyway..main factor is either distance or wanting to "try" a few packs just to check it out. 99.9% of the time I buy hobby - but my LCS is like 100 miles away & as most collectors, the "itch" is tough to control sometimes when you want to bust some packs. And though most of my orders are online as well, I hate waiting for things to come in the mail lol. So any chance I get I'll bust some retail...plus retail obviously has stuff that's not in hobby (ie; green etc*), if someone's doing the master set or green set you'd have to buy retail to finish it.
Find me on FB under Memorabilia Craze 4 Contests & Specials, Twitter @ Memorabilia_Now
MCAutoGraphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAutoGraphs View Post
1st of all try posting in the correct thread, don't think anyone mentioned that yet but anyway..main factor is either distance or wanting to "try" a few packs just to check it out. 99.9% of the time I buy hobby - but my LCS is like 100 miles away & as most collectors, the "itch" is tough to control sometimes when you want to bust some packs. And though most of my orders are online as well, I hate waiting for things to come in the mail lol. So any chance I get I'll bust some retail...plus retail obviously has stuff that's not in hobby (ie; green etc*), if someone's doing the master set or green set you'd have to buy retail to finish it.
did it really bother you that this was in the box thread;?
Old 12-16-2012, 05:53 PM   #34 (permalink)

A Lillard green was at like $310 last night, but I can't find it anymore. Really, you're getting a lot of value back for something that's relatively easy to pull. I'm assuming the high prices are piggybacking off of being green in color aka PMG green.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:56 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs View Post
A Lillard green was at like $310 last night, but I can't find it anymore. Really, you're getting a lot of value back for something that's relatively easy to pull. I'm assuming the high prices are piggybacking off of being green in color aka PMG green.
i do have to say, even thoguh my players were scrub rookies, the greens are really nice, but next to the golds they aren't as nice, just calling it as it is. there is definitely some value in the retail though as were usually i don't think there is.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #36 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to jcmel323

i just read that the green prizm are not numbered but exist only 5
is this true? :O
jcmel323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmel323 View Post
very untrue, no print run on these
Old 12-16-2012, 07:52 PM   #38 (permalink)

I watched 12 boxes of retail Prizm opened today at my LCS. I kid you not, for this product I would only buy retail. Out of the 12 boxes I saw two Kyrie Irving auto redemptions, one Kobe Bryant auto, one Blake Griffin auto, two Anthony Davis autos, and one Michael Kidd-Gilchrist auto. He also hit a few other autographs. Add to that tons of green base cards and all the green inserts, it was one of the most amazing streaks I've ever seen when it comes to opening boxes.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
very untrue, no print run on these
ok, thanks!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I watched 12 boxes of retail Prizm opened today at my LCS. I kid you not, for this product I would only buy retail. Out of the 12 boxes I saw two Kyrie Irving auto redemptions, one Kobe Bryant auto, one Blake Griffin auto, two Anthony Davis autos, and one Michael Kidd-Gilchrist auto. He also hit a few other autographs. Add to that tons of green base cards and all the green inserts, it was one of the most amazing streaks I've ever seen when it comes to opening boxes.
Wow was that after I left? I thought I did amazing in the 6 boxes I did.
phdbeckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:33 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by phdbeckett View Post
hey guys, how many greens ref did you guys got in 1 box?
Old 12-16-2012, 10:10 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phdbeckett View Post
Yeah, it was just crazy seeing hit after hit. I felt like such a dummy for doing a hobby box. I could have never imagined that that many top tier autos would come out of retail. It was just an unreal sight.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:32 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmel323 View Post

5 of each avg 2.5 greens/box would be a total of 40 retail cases made. if that were the situation retail boxes would be going haywire on dealernet and selling for $400+ each right now : )

that said, the number of each green can't really be huge. could still easily be <50.
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs View Post
A Lillard green was at like $310 last night, but I can't find it anymore.

it closed at $320, which seems like a steal considering regular prizms are flying at $200.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:31 PM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil View Post
5 of each avg 2.5 greens/box would be a total of 40 retail cases made. if that were the situation retail boxes would be going haywire on dealernet and selling for $400+ each right now : )

that said, the number of each green can't really be huge. could still easily be <50.
Where do you get your info less than 50

That would mean they made less then 500 cases of retail

Give it a few weeks it will be greenbay .

Missed this auction

50 Fifty 2012 Panini Prizm Refractor Card Lot Austin Rivers Bird Tim Duncan | eBay

I would buy this all day
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:58 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
Where do you get your info less than 50

That would mean they made less then 500 cases of retail

Give it a few weeks it will be greenbay

you said that last week.

retail has been out at least 10 days. so far there has been an average of about 1 of each green on ebay.

retail boxes are in high demand and seem to be reasonably limited, certainly with a smaller print run than hobby.

there is no flood of greens coming.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:24 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
you said that last week.

retail has been out at least 10 days. so far there has been an average of about 1 of each green on ebay.

retail boxes are in high demand and seem to be reasonably limited, certainly with a smaller print run than hobby.

I've been to 2 Walmarts and 2 Targets and none of the 4 had any Prizm. Dont think there is going to be a bunch avail. If you look at the current and ended auctions on Ebay, the greens and golds are about the same amount. Hard to say what will,happen but I think the greens are much more limited than people think.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:39 AM   #48 (permalink)

none available in my area...........
Collecting Football: GENO SMITH / E.J. MANUEL / Giovani Bernard / Cordarrelle Patterson / Eddie Lacy / Andrew Luck / Russell Wilson Basketball: Michael Carter Williams / Bradley Beal / Blake Griffin / Paul George / Damian Lillard / WNBA: Skylar Diggins
Qwasian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:38 AM   #49 (permalink)

found a full box with zero packs opened (they weren't selling it as a box, only packs), bought 14 packs, got 2 greens as stated above, no autos. i asked tracy hackler on the panini blog, he says they are not short printed, the greens. they are no serial #'d. id look at the greens as a nicer refractor parallel.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:10 AM   #50 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
you said that last week.

There are 4 kyrie greens already and retail has not been out 10 days .
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote