Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASKETBALL BOX BREAKS

BASKETBALL BOX BREAKS Post your BASKETBALL Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 03:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy
Default 1 box of Absolute, nice legends

Don't do much basketball, but I think I made a nice pick

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

pretty decent break.. that walton is awesome. i can smell the weed wafting from his picture
Old 12-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

sorry man, but you got raped on this.

Bill walton is the second worst selling HOFer behind only rick barry.

Glen Rice was/is ok but what is up with that gigantic sticker?, Luol Deng doesn't really have a following, and unles the numbered insert goes crazy that is worthless as well and ezele is horrible.
JOHNJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNJOHNNY View Post

Glen Rice was/is ok but what is up with that gigantic sticker?, Luol Deng doesn't really have a following, and unles the numbered insert goes crazy that is worthless as well and ezele is horrible.
have you actually seen other breaks of this?? he got a case hit in the spectrum, and it's a HOF. If you think this is raped, check out some other breaks. Besides, maybe its not all about flipping and selling for profit.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

Quote:

Hope you feel better, you just won the d-bag of the day award on an Internet forum. I never said I thought I made a million dollars, but I will take glen rice and bill Walton anyday over some undrafted rookie free agent or a veteran one color jersey numbered to 8000

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Seth, nice job with the Spectrum case hit of Karl Malone. That card will sell well.
hester72598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #7 (permalink)

With that beard Walton should have been the one named Festus
... Or Yusef
WhacksPacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jin

Quote:

What is up with this dude? What a troll...
This is one of the better breaks I've seen. Who gives a flaming sh*t if they don't sell well, a legend autograph is a legend autograph. And the retired spectrums actually sell well.

Also the Luol Deng is a $20 card so he does have a decent following ya dingus.

TAKE A PEEK ~ I COLLECT STAR PATCHES AND AUTOS
http://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/n577/JinsUnited/Basketball%20Collection/
Jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lo7

the spectrum is nice, case hit like the others said. It's pretty solid break
French forum: Basket-cards +540 feedbacks
Lo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjoker View Post
have you actually seen other breaks of this?? he got a case hit in the spectrum, and it's a HOF. If you think this is raped, check out some other breaks. Besides, maybe its not all about flipping and selling for profit.
This entire product is a rape, everyone has been getting it.

If it's not about buying and selling so you can buy more, than why not just buy singles and make sure you get decent hits if you are a collector? That way you can BUY WHO YOU COLLECT.

Why is it with cards people act Like it is a great thing to buy something and hope you get something nice. We don't do that with any other thing in life. I'm gonna spend $500 on a tv, I may get a 19 inch black and white or I could get a 50 inch plasma. I'm gonna spend $100,000 on a house, am I gonna get one in the ghetto or $1 million dollar houses.

If you are a collector, then you should be spending most of your money buying actual things that you collect.

Last edited by JOHNJOHNNY; 12-21-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin View Post
What is up with this dude? What a troll...
This is one of the better breaks I've seen. Who gives a flaming sh*t if they don't sell well, a legend autograph is a legend autograph. And the retired spectrums actually sell well.

Also the Luol Deng is a $20 card so he does have a decent following ya dingus.
wtf dude, he got raped just like everyone who has busted this has. if a damn #/25 insert is your best card then you got raped. Also they are not selling really well, this isn't #/10 gold prizms. It's ok to admit it. A bulls fan telling me deng has a good following, ok

Last edited by JOHNJOHNNY; 12-21-2012 at 05:32 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
Hope you feel better, you just won the d-bag of the day award on an Internet forum. I never said I thought I made a million dollars, but I will take glen rice and bill Walton anyday over some undrafted rookie free agent or a veteran one color jersey numbered to 8000
pm sent..........

Last edited by JOHNJOHNNY; 12-21-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:41 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

pm sent to TS

sorry guys didn't mean to come across as a dick
Old 12-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:

If it's not about buying and selling so you can buy more, than why not just buy singles and make sure you get decent hits if you are a collector? That way you can BUY WHO YOU COLLECT.

Why is it with cards people act Like it is a great thing to buy something and hope you get something nice. We don't do that with any other thing in life. I'm gonna spend $500 on a tv, I may get a 19 inch black and white or I could get a 50 inch plasma. I'm gonna spend $100,000 on a house, am I gonna get one in the ghetto or $1 million dollar houses.

If you are a collector, then you should be spending most of your money buying actual things that you collect.
That's about as well said as it gets when it comes to busting wax.....
solt0131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #15 (permalink)

Coming in 2013...Giant sticker autos?
jayjay0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
pm sent to TS

sorry guys didn't mean to come across as a dick
You cant help who you are!!

Seth, decent break. If you are moving the Malone, the resident Malone collector Cardozo might be interested.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #17 (permalink)

I'll buy Festus if you want to sell. PM me thanks
Old 12-21-2012, 09:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejello727 View Post
you cant help who you are!!

Seth, decent break. If you are moving the malone, the resident malone collector cardozo might be interested.
hahah this coming from the biggest AZZHOLE on the board, at least the basketball boards, there are some bigger ones on the football and baseball boards.

But keep it up, you can reach their level one day.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:52 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:

Are you serious?? Have you not seen any other breaks or something? He did great compared to other boxes.

Nice break OP.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:01 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:

the manufacturers are not in the business of selling you something you can flip for more money than they sold it to you. it's gambling. it's not like buying a tv. it's not like buying a house. you know what you're getting when you buy those things. opening wax is like scratching a lotto ticket. if you judge products by their potential to resell good luck making money and enjoying the hobby.

and get a life btw. when you troll something and people respond, acting like a dick isn't really redeeming.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:36 AM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

First of all, learn the definition of a troll. Someone stating their opinion on a box break is not trolling.

No one said the manus were in the business of giving you good boxes, do you always just pull random stuff out of your azz? My response was to the people saying maybe he is a collector. Ok well maybe he now knows not to bust this crappy product again and just buy what he collects. Problem solved. As a matter of fact that is what I said from the very beginning- THE manufacturer gave him (along with most everyone else) a crappy box-THE END.

What world you live in, we all judge a prodcut by either return potential or collecting potential. If a product has a lot of cards of a team or player you collect then it could be good for you. If a product has 10% return potential money wise then it is not good for case busters. You do realize there are collectors and people who buy/sell don't you. If you are a collector you need the case buster so that you card will hit the market. If you are a case buster you need the collector to BUY YOUR CARD AT GOOD PRICES, so you can continue to bust cases. How old are you, why am I explaining this to you.

I'm sorry people got all butthurt, but go ahead and change your tampon and get all that sand out of your vagina.

Fact is Absolute is a horrible break this year compared to the previous years. I'm glad the TS got a couple cards he liked but he, like everyone else who has opened this product got killed. That is one of the benefits of people posting their breaks on here. We the consumers get to see how the overall value is looking for a given product. Then people either say it is a good or bad break. That is what this section is for. I'm sorry he got the second worst selling HOFer there is and a mid level player patch and an amazing #/25 card.WOW. BUT If he is happy with it COOL. He is the one who spent his money.

It was an indictment on the box/product not the TS you douche.

Last edited by JOHNJOHNNY; 12-22-2012 at 05:50 AM.