Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASKETBALL BOX BREAKS

BASKETBALL BOX BREAKS Post your BASKETBALL Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 10:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Nothin but Net Collection Retail Blaster... Avoid at all costs

Hey guys, my first time posting on this break as a thread! Mostly because I have never pulled anything great before. But this product was so bad that I felt the need to let everyone know before you pull one off the shelf too XD

Found this at my local Target (no LCS near me) and never saw this repackage version before so gave it a try.

Packs
x3 Skybox Inaugural
x1 Skybox Inaugural series 2
x3 1990 Fleer Basketball
x2 Panini Adrenalyn
x1 2009-10 Upper Deck Basketball Retail

LBJ "15$ catalog value pack"
15 cards from the 2004 upper deck LBJ freshman season card set.

Atleast I pulled a cool looking LBJ masterpieces insert from the Upper deck pack lol.

Unless you are the one who wins the lottery now and then, AVOID AT ALL COSTS! I was hoping for at least 2009-10 Panini Prestige retail, but Skybox? That's just cruel D:! lol
hellojeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

never seen those, I do buy stuff like that from time to time just to break something if i'm bored though
Old 03-12-2013, 11:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I saw that before but i stayed away. Those things always seems like a horrible buy. Its just one of those Guaranteed packs with nothing in them worthwhile. Just like the other Target baseball, basketball and football game used packs, showing all the High end you "can hit" but i really doubt it's actually in the product
Collecting: Raimel Tapia, Drew Brees
Pejarox7620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

It seems that lately, these type of products have been throwing out a bunch of Inaugural Skybox or 1990 Fleer packs especially in those random cubes of packs. It was ok when it was Topps or Fleer 2007-08 since you could get Kevin Durant rookies.

Thanks for the heads-up even though I think i have purchased one of these a few months back.

Collecting all Houston Rockets players, current and former.
rocketfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

One person got a GU Ray Allen out of this. I bought one and thankfully only got 2 90s packs. The only cards I recall are a Michael Jordan 1990 SkyBox, O.J. Mayo UD First edition rc, Peja Stojackivic special 2009-10 adrenalyn, James Harden studio rc, and Blake Griffin rc. Didn't do great, but didn't do terrible. It definately wasn't worth my $15
Did you happen to get a Hasheem Thabeet rc out of the 2009-10 UD?
lukeouh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:10 AM   #6 (permalink)

I agree, they never have anything on the cover lol.
Though one time I did pull a Tim Duncan patch from a Topps stadium club pack from one of these random pack boxes, which I was happy about. But like rocketfan said they used to be Topps Stadium Club, Prestige 2009, Panini Studio and some other random sets (one time I even got a Flair 94-95 series 1 fancy looking pack lol), but they just cram Skybox in there now as of late. I think it's the last repackage I'll ever buy again lol.

@Qwasian
Same. But if you see this one I'd be careful. I think the ones that display like the 4 packs give you better retail packs to bust. Unless Fairfield changed those too lol. They usually only had one skybox for me.

@lukeouh
The RC I got was Jrue Holiday, wish I could help

Last edited by hellojeffy; 03-13-2013 at 02:13 AM.
hellojeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:17 AM   #7 (permalink)

I bought one of these from Target once. I opened it up and was completely bummed.
Until I got to the last pack.... It was a 2005/06 LeBron/Jordan Box Topper pack. I immediately listed it on Ebay and sold it unopened for $20 dlvd.

-Brandon

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) My COMC store is 50% off for a week!
Do us all a favor and stop being a stuck-up half-witted scruffy-sounding nerd homer!
brandonlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonlec View Post
I bought one of these from Target once. I opened it up and was completely bummed.
Until I got to the last pack.... It was a 2005/06 LeBron/Jordan Box Topper pack. I immediately listed it on Ebay and sold it unopened for $20 dlvd.

-Brandon
yup i bought one to see what was in it...saw they had that pack in them and went back and bought all of them

Henderson Auto PC Stats: Non 1/1's Autos: 123/147 83.7%; 1/1's: 12/29 41.4%; Jersey #'d - 30
crimedawg47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

Many years ago these variety repack boxes has a lot nicer packs than Panini retail and old skybox. I can remember regularly finding hobby packs in them ( usually at least one per box), including in the early to mid 2000's hobby ones with guaranteed jersey or auto per pack type packs along with Topps Finest, Bowman's Best, Topps Chrome, etc. It has only been in recent years the packs in these boxes took a sharp turn for the worse. As far as those guaranteed game used repacks, I remember in the early to mid 2000's, I'd buy them all up because they had cards that made it seem well worth the price. (they bought out a lot of Pacific's old stock in bankruptcy I think along with later Fleers). I can remember being "disappointed" if you only got a Kobe or Manning game used ball card from collector's edge in them, or a Bobby Hull Pacific WHA autograph in hockey. Granted game used cards in particular have tanked huge since then in value, but at the time you really felt like you were getting good value for what you spent. Nowadays you get a 50 cent to 1.00 game used card.
bullingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

I bought one of the ones where the big hits were high end packs... I pulled a 03-04 sp authentic pack out of one... stupid me opened it... should have sold it... nothing but base
geauxlsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #11 (permalink)

this product is one of the worst of all time
Old 03-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #12 (permalink)

I bought a repack product that was full of 2009-10 Topps and my eyes got soo wide. Didn't get Harden, Rubio, or Griffen I wanted but was still happy to have had a chance.
Jayhawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #13 (permalink)

I buy those repackaged 10 pack boxes every now and then when I'm at Target. There is usually nothing really of value, but the last box I actually pulled a nice looking Boozer patch from the one elite pack that was in there. They are fun to open but usually a waste of 12 bux.
jgkicks is offline   Reply With Quote