Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASKETBALL BOX BREAKS

BASKETBALL BOX BREAKS Post your BASKETBALL Box & Case Breaks Here !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
bigcwd2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 4,793
Default

Wow, sorry for your bad break. It's breaks like these I do appreciate seeing on the boards though to let people know there aren't incredible cards in every box and even case of cards. So, thanks for sharing.
bigcwd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Laredo, Texas
Posts: 65
Default

interested in the parish/archibald auto
luisio82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
DwightWall122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Orlando, FL (USA)
Posts: 1,606
Default

I am interested in the John Wall Printing Plate from Box #1, please send me a price via PM. Thanks!
__________________
My Picasa Album: UNDER CONSTRUCTION
NBA: UNDER CONSTRUCTION
WWE/TNA Impact!/Benchwarmers: UNDER CONSTRUCTION
***"Insert Funny Quote Here!"***
DwightWall122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
alanlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Utica, NY
Posts: 791
Default

I've got you beat bud. No RPAs...in my CASE.

I called Panini about it and they said there's nothing they can or will do about it because they don't guarantee RPAs. I believe the guy I e-mailed with is named Dave Sharp. I sent him a list of my cards and the owner of the LCS spoke with someone from customer service at Panini to confirm my godawful case (I broke it at his store). Dave Sharp said he saw "plenty" of cases opened without an RPA and there is nothing they can do about it. Makes zero sense to me. 60ish rookies, RPAs /199, hand collated, and you can't even guarantee an RPA per case?

The same guy redeemed some NT redemptions at the National for a friend of my LCS owner that was there. Apparently they know each other. The Kawhi Leonard he gave him for his redemption was conveniently his jersey number. The 2nd Kawhi Leonard he gave him had the actual Spur on the patch. After I heard that, the little faith I had in the whole "hand collation" process disappeared.

Soooo...that'll be the last break I ever do of Panini. Sorry about your crappy break.
__________________
NBA PC: Any current and some former Bulls
SCA: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/alanlam325
alanlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alaska
Posts: 2,853
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlam View Post
I've got you beat bud. No RPAs...in my CASE.

I called Panini about it and they said there's nothing they can or will do about it because they don't guarantee RPAs. I believe the guy I e-mailed with is named Dave Sharp. I sent him a list of my cards and the owner of the LCS spoke with someone from customer service at Panini to confirm my godawful case (I broke it at his store). Dave Sharp said he saw "plenty" of cases opened without an RPA and there is nothing they can do about it. Makes zero sense to me. 60ish rookies, RPAs /199, hand collated, and you can't even guarantee an RPA per case?

The same guy redeemed some NT redemptions at the National for a friend of my LCS owner that was there. Apparently they know each other. The Kawhi Leonard he gave him for his redemption was conveniently his jersey number. The 2nd Kawhi Leonard he gave him had the actual Spur on the patch. After I heard that, the little faith I had in the whole "hand collation" process disappeared.

Soooo...that'll be the last break I ever do of Panini. Sorry about your crappy break.
We are in the same 0 rpa boat!! I did get 2 kobe autos in one case and a carlos boozer dual tag auto ahahahah but I mean lets get real the whole point of this is to get the rpas
__________________
The righteous pay a sacrifice to get what they deserve.
thor_rider08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
bboyfluffei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 40
Default

You only got 1 Printing plate per box in 2 boxes? I think someone tampered with your case
__________________
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/721893-kyrie-irving-nick-foles-stephen-curry-blake-griffin-all-ebay.html#post7350097
bboyfluffei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
Whodey14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,516
Default

If selling pm on the celtics dual please
__________________
Looking for and buying any and all Ken Andersons I need and I am even looking for numerous doubles.

** Looking for 1953 Bowman Color PSA 5 or better cards **
Whodey14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
alanlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Utica, NY
Posts: 791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor_rider08 View Post
We are in the same 0 rpa boat!! I did get 2 kobe autos in one case and a carlos boozer dual tag auto ahahahah but I mean lets get real the whole point of this is to get the rpas
Agreed. 110%. I got 1 Kobe auto, a cool Al Jefferson adidas tag (freaking Al Jefferson) and like 8 crappy dual rookie autos.

I can't tell you how much I wish Topps or UD or ANYONE would get in on the NBA license. I'd buy a ton of Chrome basketball every year. Maybe they could use the Five Star brand on basketball. I'd be all over that as well. It'll never happen though. We are stuck with stickers and Tyler Zeller/Nolan Smith dual autographs.
__________________
NBA PC: Any current and some former Bulls
SCA: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/alanlam325
alanlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:45 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
cowboy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: felicity ohio
Posts: 332
Default

and this is why I buy singles lol sorry man but that's the chance all of us take
cowboy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #35 (permalink)
Jin
Member
 
Jin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: University of Illinois @ Urbana
Posts: 3,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy88 View Post
and this is why I buy singles lol sorry man but that's the chance all of us take
True. As much as it sucks for OP, someone's gotta take it up the canal so we Ebay collectors can pounce. W/o them, we die
__________________
JINSUNITED

TAKE A PEEK ~ I COLLECT STAR PATCHES AND AUTOS
http://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/n577/JinsUnited/Basketball%20Collection/
Jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlam View Post
Agreed. 110%. I got 1 Kobe auto, a cool Al Jefferson adidas tag (freaking Al Jefferson) and like 8 crappy dual rookie autos.

I can't tell you how much I wish Topps or UD or ANYONE would get in on the NBA license. I'd buy a ton of Chrome basketball every year. Maybe they could use the Five Star brand on basketball. I'd be all over that as well. It'll never happen though. We are stuck with stickers and Tyler Zeller/Nolan Smith dual autographs.
I did get two RPAs but your one Kobe is worth at least 3x my best hit in the whole case. Only thing I will be contacting panini for is my missing hits in box 3.
__________________
Collecting Eric Gordon and Chicago Bears
http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x432/pat10021839/
If you are a dealer, and I am selling cards, I will not lower my prices to help you turn a profit.
pat10021839 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlam View Post
I've got you beat bud. No RPAs...in my CASE.

I called Panini about it and they said there's nothing they can or will do about it because they don't guarantee RPAs. I believe the guy I e-mailed with is named Dave Sharp. I sent him a list of my cards and the owner of the LCS spoke with someone from customer service at Panini to confirm my godawful case (I broke it at his store). Dave Sharp said he saw "plenty" of cases opened without an RPA and there is nothing they can do about it. Makes zero sense to me. 60ish rookies, RPAs /199, hand collated, and you can't even guarantee an RPA per case?

The same guy redeemed some NT redemptions at the National for a friend of my LCS owner that was there. Apparently they know each other. The Kawhi Leonard he gave him for his redemption was conveniently his jersey number. The 2nd Kawhi Leonard he gave him had the actual Spur on the patch. After I heard that, the little faith I had in the whole "hand collation" process disappeared.

Soooo...that'll be the last break I ever do of Panini. Sorry about your crappy break.
Someone lied to you. I was at the national and the Kawhi 2/199 was not a spur patch, it was probably one of the worst three color patch that I have seen. I had the Kawhi 1/199 and the patch on that one was 10x nicer than the 2/199.
__________________
Collecting Eric Gordon and Chicago Bears
http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x432/pat10021839/
If you are a dealer, and I am selling cards, I will not lower my prices to help you turn a profit.
pat10021839 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat10021839 View Post
Someone lied to you. I was at the national and the Kawhi 2/199 was not a spur patch, it was probably one of the worst three color patch that I have seen. I had the Kawhi 1/199 and the patch on that one was 10x nicer than the 2/199.
read it again, he's saying the second one he redeemed had the sick patch, not the jersey#ed
mrlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlaker View Post
read it again, he's saying the second one he redeemed had the sick patch, not the jersey#ed
Yes I miss read what was there. My apologies to the original poster about the Kawhi.
__________________
Collecting Eric Gordon and Chicago Bears
http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x432/pat10021839/
If you are a dealer, and I am selling cards, I will not lower my prices to help you turn a profit.
pat10021839 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
mcgahee21nfl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlam View Post
I've got you beat bud. No RPAs...in my CASE.

I called Panini about it and they said there's nothing they can or will do about it because they don't guarantee RPAs. I believe the guy I e-mailed with is named Dave Sharp. I sent him a list of my cards and the owner of the LCS spoke with someone from customer service at Panini to confirm my godawful case (I broke it at his store). Dave Sharp said he saw "plenty" of cases opened without an RPA and there is nothing they can do about it. Makes zero sense to me. 60ish rookies, RPAs /199, hand collated, and you can't even guarantee an RPA per case?

The same guy redeemed some NT redemptions at the National for a friend of my LCS owner that was there. Apparently they know each other. The Kawhi Leonard he gave him for his redemption was conveniently his jersey number. The 2nd Kawhi Leonard he gave him had the actual Spur on the patch. After I heard that, the little faith I had in the whole "hand collation" process disappeared.

Soooo...that'll be the last break I ever do of Panini. Sorry about your crappy break.
No offense, but I find the 1st bolded part very very hard to believe considering what is said in the 2nd bolded part.

The Kawhi's were redeemed in numerical order at the Nationals. Thats why you will see #001 #002 #003 - #010 etc have hit eBay so far.

If in fact the first bolded part doesn't fall in line with the rest of what seems to be misconstrued facts, I would certainly take it upon Mr. Sharp to show you a SINGLE case that didn't have an RPA.
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
Jopeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: RI, USA
Posts: 3,668
Default

My condolences.
I like that marshon though
__________________
http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/Jopeal/library/?sort=6&page=1

CMB. My entire collection is up For Sale!!
Jopeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
Clippernation3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,315
Default

This is why I quit opening basketball boxes, this case right here. After all the crappy hits Ive pulled, I feel so sorry for you man. GL trying to recoup your funds
__________________
http://s1175.photobucket.com/albums/r630/Clippernation3/
Always Looking For TOPPS CHROME, Contenders, Finest, NT, High End Football/Basketball, Doug Martin, Eric Bledsoe, Cam Newton.
Clippernation3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:09 PM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 989
Default

I have a case coming in tomorrow afternoon. I will let you know if I have you beat
DKfxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:29 PM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
alanlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Utica, NY
Posts: 791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat10021839 View Post
I did get two RPAs but your one Kobe is worth at least 3x my best hit in the whole case. Only thing I will be contacting panini for is my missing hits in box 3.
The Kobe went for $175. I think your Draymond should do well. It was nothing special. /49 I think, not the nickname one. I'm not actually trying to compete with you. We can be miserable together

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat10021839 View Post
Yes I miss read what was there. My apologies to the original poster about the Kawhi.
No worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgahee21nfl View Post
No offense, but I find the 1st bolded part very very hard to believe considering what is said in the 2nd bolded part.

The Kawhi's were redeemed in numerical order at the Nationals. Thats why you will see #001 #002 #003 - #010 etc have hit eBay so far.

If in fact the first bolded part doesn't fall in line with the rest of what seems to be misconstrued facts, I would certainly take it upon Mr. Sharp to show you a SINGLE case that didn't have an RPA.
I can't tell if you think I'm lying or Dave is. I have the e-mail from Dave still.

You may be right about the Kawhi's going in numerical order at the National, maybe he just lucked into getting his jersey number. I'm just going off of what I was told. I do have a picture of the new Kawhi he got. It is #77/199 and it has a sick Spur patch on it. It also has a smiley face drawn on the piece of tape that Panini puts over the one-touch (?!?!). I'll upload the pic to my SCA and show you guys in an edit of this post.

To your 2nd point about all of the zero RPA cases, I asked him to show me specific examples of this. He made it sound like it was a common thing. I haven't seen any in here or other forums (admittedly, I haven't been looking very hard the last week and a half or so). I really can't express how disappointing the whole experience was. I get it, bad breaks happen, I'm okay with that. But I'm not cool with preferential treatment to people you know while you brush off your average joe customers.
__________________
NBA PC: Any current and some former Bulls
SCA: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/alanlam325

Last edited by alanlam; 08-25-2013 at 09:12 PM.
alanlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 707
Default

wow Panini should be ashamed for a case THIS bad going out. I've had some BAD cases but not this bad. SOrry man.

Let me know if the Bird is fs?
celtics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:21 AM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
mcgahee21nfl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,297
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlam View Post
The Kobe went for $175. I think your Draymond should do well. It was nothing special. /49 I think, not the nickname one. I'm not actually trying to compete with you. We can be miserable together


No worries.


I can't tell if you think I'm lying or Dave is. I have the e-mail from Dave still.

You may be right about the Kawhi's going in numerical order at the National, maybe he just lucked into getting his jersey number. I'm just going off of what I was told. I do have a picture of the new Kawhi he got. It is #77/199 and it has a sick Spur patch on it. It also has a smiley face drawn on the piece of tape that Panini puts over the one-touch (?!?!). I'll upload the pic to my SCA and show you guys in an edit of this post.

To your 2nd point about all of the zero RPA cases, I asked him to show me specific examples of this. He made it sound like it was a common thing. I haven't seen any in here or other forums (admittedly, I haven't been looking very hard the last week and a half or so). I really can't express how disappointing the whole experience was. I get it, bad breaks happen, I'm okay with that. But I'm not cool with preferential treatment to people you know while you brush off your average joe customers.

EDIT: Here's the pic I mentioned above.
I was just saying it sounds like such a stupid statement for Sharp to make, considering all of the cases I've personally seen broken with none like the one you received. The only line I think he would be able to honestly take would be one of saying sorry that you received one of those cases, but they simply do not guarantee a RPA per case, which may be true, and you were just super unlucky, basically the reverse luck of the person who pulled the Kyrie 1/1.

I'd bet you cannot go through a every Youtube video or any of the Blowout breaks or breaks from reputable live breakers, and find a single example of this happening. If Sharp has seen as you stated, MANY cases like this, he will either stand corrected and should offer you some type of compensation, considering it sounds as if hes using it as the rationale for why you wouldn't he due anything in return.

I have dealt with similar situations in the past with Upper Deck. One in particular was with the Tiger Woods Exquisite Auto RCs /10 that were the main chase on the sell sheet for 2008 Exquisite Football. A month went by without a single Tiger Woods /10 pulled, and 1 /3 had hit eBay. I emailed Chris Carlin who was the most reliable UD rep at the time, and clearly stated that not a single one of the /10s had been pulled and to PLEASE CONFIRM that these were in fact packed out, and he replied that they 100% were, and have been seen pulled! Sadly, he didn't even realize the difference between the /3s and the /10s that were in the packs.

Sadly, that is probably what is going on here. Granted, it sounds like more of a lie on Sharps part, he could in part have a delusional memory, or been lucky enough to see a run on cases the rest of the world wasn't privy to.

Good luck, I'd keep taking it up with him, and ask for proof, and make your case showing him all of the proof you have to the contrary.
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
alanlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Utica, NY
Posts: 791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgahee21nfl View Post
I was just saying it sounds like such a stupid statement for Sharp to make, considering all of the cases I've personally seen broken with none like the one you received. The only line I think he would be able to honestly take would be one of saying sorry that you received one of those cases, but they simply do not guarantee a RPA per case, which may be true, and you were just super unlucky, basically the reverse luck of the person who pulled the Kyrie 1/1.

I'd bet you cannot go through a every Youtube video or any of the Blowout breaks or breaks from reputable live breakers, and find a single example of this happening. If Sharp has seen as you stated, MANY cases like this, he will either stand corrected and should offer you some type of compensation, considering it sounds as if hes using it as the rationale for why you wouldn't he due anything in return.

I have dealt with similar situations in the past with Upper Deck. One in particular was with the Tiger Woods Exquisite Auto RCs /10 that were the main chase on the sell sheet for 2008 Exquisite Football. A month went by without a single Tiger Woods /10 pulled, and 1 /3 had hit eBay. I emailed Chris Carlin who was the most reliable UD rep at the time, and clearly stated that not a single one of the /10s had been pulled and to PLEASE CONFIRM that these were in fact packed out, and he replied that they 100% were, and have been seen pulled! Sadly, he didn't even realize the difference between the /3s and the /10s that were in the packs.

Sadly, that is probably what is going on here. Granted, it sounds like more of a lie on Sharps part, he could in part have a delusional memory, or been lucky enough to see a run on cases the rest of the world wasn't privy to.

Good luck, I'd keep taking it up with him, and ask for proof, and make your case showing him all of the proof you have to the contrary.
I agree. I've replied to him with no luck getting a response so far. The guy that works at my LCS was furious about it and he said he's going to start calling him until he gets a response. Its probably a lost cause but I'd like to hear a better response than "I saw plenty of breaks like yours." And IF that is true that he saw a ton of breaks like mine with zero RPAs, what does that say about their hand collating process on their most important/expensive product of the year.
__________________
NBA PC: Any current and some former Bulls
SCA: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/alanlam325
alanlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlam View Post
I agree. I've replied to him with no luck getting a response so far. The guy that works at my LCS was furious about it and he said he's going to start calling him until he gets a response. Its probably a lost cause but I'd like to hear a better response than "I saw plenty of breaks like yours." And IF that is true that he saw a ton of breaks like mine with zero RPAs, what does that say about their hand collating process on their most important/expensive product of the year.
Please let me know if they end up doing anything for you. I have a feeling that they will not but hey you never know. I am not that impressed with David Sharp and their customer service.
__________________
Collecting Eric Gordon and Chicago Bears
http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x432/pat10021839/
If you are a dealer, and I am selling cards, I will not lower my prices to help you turn a profit.
pat10021839 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #49 (permalink)
Member
 
alanlam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Utica, NY
Posts: 791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat10021839 View Post
Please let me know if they end up doing anything for you. I have a feeling that they will not but hey you never know. I am not that impressed with David Sharp and their customer service.
Will do. Best of luck on your sales.
__________________
NBA PC: Any current and some former Bulls
SCA: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/alanlam325
alanlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
nickha2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Lambeau Field
Posts: 3,353
Default

Just call them and see if they can do anything. Thats embarressing. If there is any box that has 2 that should never happen if its hand packed and theres a box with 0

Last edited by nickha2; 08-23-2013 at 04:42 PM.
nickha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.