Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Prospect

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > BASKETBALL SINGLES BUY/SELL/TRADE

BASKETBALL SINGLES BUY/SELL/TRADE Post your BASKETBALL Singles Buy/Sell/Trade needs here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 06:22 AM   #26 (permalink)

Phil, in all honesty...

What terms would you feel comfortable with?

*Looking for Pistol Pete Maravich Autographs or other rare HOFers
SPauthentic84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:50 AM   #27 (permalink)

It's too early in the morning to read such dramatic threads. Just put the card back in your PC forever.

http://blastman.imgur.com/
blastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #28 (permalink)

Just my 2 cents... Most people here completely understand your concerns. I'm pretty damn sure that less than 5% (and that is prolly too many!)) of the people that post here own or have ever owned a card of that value. Fact of the matter most have never even seen a card that valuable minus some retro scans. Phil, everyone here is hesitant at first to make any kinda deals. I don't believe anyone is trying to belittle you... just understand you came to a place where you might actually GET a deal done for that card. The mods here "police" everything to keep Bullsh*t from going down, and if you take a look around the site you will also see it can be a tight knit community. Many good people here, and I'm positive by talking through mods and the person/s interested in your card that you can come up with a fitting solution that satisfies you and other party. If that doesn't work for ya, then I suppose it wouldn't be terrible to hold onto one of the better cards out there. Good Luck buddy!
wfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #29 (permalink)

Does anyone know what the last one like this /23 sold for on eBay?

Phish, where did you get the card?
Gio47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:48 AM   #30 (permalink)

I'll give you my whole collection for it!! Lmk!!!

My Bucket: http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i385/getbig14/
GetBig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio47 View Post
Does anyone know what the last one like this /23 sold for on eBay?

Phish, where did you get the card?
lol I don't know what the last /23 went for ... But I do know this :
03 04 Lebron James Exquisite Auto Rookie Patch True RC 99 | eBay
wfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #32 (permalink)

if you successfully trade this card. you might be the most reputable +1 iTrader on the boards. good luck to your first deal. you're gonna need it.
Diakonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #33 (permalink)

Obviously I didn't really think about the whole sending process before I posted. I thought maybe I could see some offers and go from there. If I ended up liking an offer I would have tried to get to know the person a little and make sure I trusted him with talking to him on the phone and we could have decided a process to make a trade happen.

I have really never thought of trading this card and since I put this on eBay this summer, that was the first real opportunity to see people actually offer me trades for this card. So I thought maybe ask some real collectors on this site what kind of offer I could get for this card.

This one guy on eBay tried ripping me off with telling me his Bryce Harper was worth 15k. You guys helped me out by telling me its not worth 4k

Obviously you all started asking right away if I would send first and that was when I was very apphensive about that idea. So you all did not let me proceed in any kind of trade activity.

I guarantee most of the people here would be hesitant of sending this card first when they first signed up to this site.
phishphood318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishphood318 View Post
Obviously I didn't really think about the whole sending process before I posted. I thought maybe I could see some offers and go from there. If I ended up liking an offer I would have tried to get to know the person a little and make sure I trusted him with talking to him on the phone and we could have decided a process to make a trade happen.

I have really never thought of trading this card and since I put this on eBay this summer, that was the first real opportunity to see people actually offer me trades for this card. So I thought maybe ask some real collectors on this site what kind of offer I could get for this card.

This one guy on eBay tried ripping me off with telling me his Bryce Harper was worth 15k. You guys helped me out by telling me its not worth 4k

Obviously you all started asking right away if I would send first and that was when I was very apphensive about that idea. So you all did not let me proceed in any kind of trade activity.

I guarantee most of the people here would be hesitant of sending this card first when they first signed up to this site.
No one blames you for being hesitant to send first to just any member here, but I would think using a moderator as a go between (and who has a vested interest in the site) is very safe. You would be wasting money to try and 'buy' the cards from eachother if that's what you are thinking.
burke23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #35 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:

None of this really matters as everyone has already said they wouldn't send first so of course no one blames you for not wanting to.

If you wouldn't use a MOD, and wouldn't meet in person, then you might as well stash this card away for the rest of your life. There aren't any other options.
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #36 (permalink)

I love threads like this. Shows how funny some of you are. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Great card!
supremelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #37 (permalink)

If I wanted to sell the card in the end game I would feel more comfortable using eBay in the end because I would receive the money first and plus not have to feel to vulnerable meeting with someone. I guess I am just a realist but the world we live in you really cannot trust many people you don't know. Talk about how you all would feel comfortable doing so you are all liars in the end. I just was trying to see trade offers. I will forget the idea because you all want to know how I will send a card first before I even decided to trade it. Odds are there are no offers that would make me trade this away but I was very curious to see. I seem to have an unrealistic price for my card from what everybody said to me on eBay so I doubt a trade would ever work out anyways. We never got to that point anyways so we can just delete this post already.
phishphood318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
If I wanted to sell the card in the end game I would feel more comfortable using eBay in the end because I would receive the money first and plus not have to feel to vulnerable meeting with someone. I guess I am just a realist but the world we live in you really cannot trust many people you don't know. Talk about how you all would feel comfortable doing so you are all liars in the end. I just was trying to see trade offers. I will forget the idea because you all want to know how I will send a card first before I even decided to trade it. Odds are there are no offers that would make me trade this away but I was very curious to see. I seem to have an unrealistic price for my card from what everybody said to me on eBay so I doubt a trade would ever work out anyways. We never got to that point anyways so we can just delete this post already.
Your price on eBay was not outrageous at all. The /99 has sold for nearly $14,000. Just FYI about selling on here. Selling through PayPal gives you the same seller protections as eBay without the eBay fees. eBay is an avenue to find buyers but if you can find one on here, especially on high end cards, you are always better off.

Collecting Contenders QB Autos, Bryce Harper, and Kyrie Irving - PLEASE don't ship to me in a PWE.
adamt326 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #39 (permalink)

boards are so slow. nothing high end is really moving around that much... let alone a holy grail like that.
Diakonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:53 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok. What I have here is a Lebron James Exquisite RC which I know everyone here knows what it is. I had this up on eBay for the summer. I have now took this auction down and I am about to put this card back into my PC. I am considering to look into the trade market. I will not trade this card down for a bunch of lower end cards so please let's not waste time. I am a die hard Lebron James fan and have owned this card for 7 years.

I am giving you all a heads up that this card will most likely not get traded so please no hard feelings if we cannot make a deal, I just want to see some options and if you have something that I like maybe we can work out a deal.

Here is a picture for you guys:

I would be willing to fly and meet you in person and pay cash.
Just saying if your for real I would buy this card.