Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   BASKETBALL SINGLES BUY/SELL/TRADE (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball-singles-buy-sell-trade/)
-   -   ****Holy grail lebron james exquisite rc*** (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball-singles-buy-sell-trade/397722-holy-grail-lebron-james-exquisite-rc.html)

phishphood318 11-12-2012 09:58 PM

****Holy grail lebron james exquisite rc***

Ok. What I have here is a Lebron James Exquisite RC which I know everyone here knows what it is. I had this up on eBay for the summer. I have now took this auction down and I am about to put this card back into my PC. I am considering to look into the trade market. I will not trade this card down for a bunch of lower end cards so please let's not waste time. I am a die hard Lebron James fan and have owned this card for 7 years.

I am giving you all a heads up that this card will most likely not get traded so please no hard feelings if we cannot make a deal, I just want to see some options and if you have something that I like maybe we can work out a deal.

Here is a picture for you guys:

Stats 11-12-2012 10:08 PM

Holy Cow! I have no idea what card would be considered an even trade with this monster, what value are you placing on it?

phishphood318 11-12-2012 10:21 PM

I thought if I am selling this card I have to put a value, now if I am trying to trade a card I thought people would just send me some offers for this.

Orangejello727 11-12-2012 10:26 PM

a number is a good starting point though. It gives a clear indication whether someone is within the realm of the asking value or just wasting both sides time.

You said you are not looking to trade down for multiple cards. Its obvious you would be looking for one card over $12k. Not too many cards that high end floating around like goldfish!!

Haiku 11-12-2012 10:27 PM

I'm interested, if reached an agreement are you willing to send first or use a middle man?

phishphood318 11-12-2012 10:41 PM

No I would not send this card first unfortunately nor would I expect the other party to send a high value card to me first. This card is to valuable to do it that way. Would have to make a course of action that is agreeable to both parties but there is no way I would send this card first with no security on my end. I understand my feedback on this site is low because I just joined and if that is my downfall to see what kind of trades are available I understand and I will just not waste anyones time. I doubt anyone else would want to send this card without any security besides the feedback on a website.

SPauthentic84 11-12-2012 10:50 PM

[QUOTE=phishphood318;3632568]No I would not send this card first unfortunately nor would I expect the other party to send a high value card to me first. This card is to valuable to do it that way. Would have to make a course of action that is agreeable to both parties but there is no way I would send this card first with no security on my end. I understand my feedback on this site is low because I just joined and if that is my downfall to see what kind of trades are available I understand and I will just not waste anyones time. I doubt anyone else would want to send this card without any security besides the feedback on a website.[/QUOTE]

Well if you work a deal, using a mod as a go between would probably be the easiest/smartest move then.

phishphood318 11-12-2012 11:03 PM

what is a mod? Like he said use a middle man. I just do not know how this works. I know what a middle man does but how would I honestly know this middle man does not know the trader or likes my card. This might not be feasable for me to do a trade on my end because I just do not think I would be able to send this card first or to anyone I do not know being a middle man. I was not thinking about that part of it I guess because I was just trying to see what kind of trade offers would be avilable before I decide to put it away in my PC. I am new to this site so and I should have thought about this aspect of making a trade with people over the internet before I posted.

asujbl 11-12-2012 11:06 PM

Where do you live? That would help for a potential trade at a shop or show if someone could meet you. Just a thought.

Haiku 11-12-2012 11:07 PM

[QUOTE=phishphood318;3632710]what is a mod? Like he said use a middle man. I just do not know how this works. I know what a middle man does but how would I honestly know this middle man does not know the trader or likes my card. This might not be feasable for me to do a trade on my end because I just do not think I would be able to send this card first or to anyone I do not know being a middle man. I was not thinking about that part of it I guess because I was just trying to see what kind of trade offers would be avilable before I decide to put it away in my PC. I am new to this site so and I should have thought about this aspect of making a trade with people over the internet before I posted.[/QUOTE]

Great card, I understand your concerns. You should be able to find a buyer without much issue in a card like that. Far as trades go lot of high end trades happen through Internet deals all the time. I've probably made over $30k in trades or sales through this site in last few months alone.
You should trade some small items first and build your feedback.
No one on here will send the card first to you since you are new and you will probably have to send out your end first to build your rep and gain other members trust. Good luck with your trade.

phishphood318 11-12-2012 11:15 PM

Northeast... In this world we live in meeting would cause a lot of concerns as well if I am going to be meeting people I do not know. What if someone offers me a deal I could not turn down and I go to meet them at a show or somewhere in the Northeast and than bam I do not have a card anymore, its a horrible way to look at things but it is unfortunately the world we live in. I guess I need to figure out a way to make this process work for both parties before I try to work on loooking at trade offers and at this point I would feel insecure to send first.

shaner1 11-12-2012 11:23 PM

Simply awesome card!

PackAttack419 11-12-2012 11:37 PM

lets be honest

this thread should just be deleted

drob50 11-12-2012 11:43 PM

[QUOTE=PackAttack419;3632923]lets be honest

this thread should just be deleted[/QUOTE]

+1
Or it should be named!

"Lebron RC that will never be able to be dealt because there are no logistic options"

phishphood318 11-13-2012 12:05 AM

[QUOTE=drob50;3632952]+1
Or it should be named!

"Lebron RC that will never be able to be dealt because there are no logistic options"[/QUOTE]

Sorry guys that I don't feel that comfortable sending my card first. I am not the richest man in the world. I am brand new to this site. I have been ripped off in the past when eBay was not so safe and I was not so smart trying to buy a card when I was younger. Maybe you guys would feel comfortable doing so but I do not. Thanks for making me feel like an idiot.

[B][SIZE="6"]MODS you can delete this[/SIZE][/B]. I am sorry for wasting everyone's time and just wanted to see some offers for this card. I have owned it for 7 years now and I was just thinking maybe something else is out there. It's cool I didn't think it through and I should have before I posted. Maybe when I work on my feedback and feel a little more comfortable I will revisit this idea.

saketm92 11-13-2012 12:07 AM

just sell a bunch of 2-20 dollar cards and get some feedback.

Wings 11-13-2012 12:19 AM

Thats a hell of a card, and im happy just to see one posted.

drob50 11-13-2012 12:48 AM

[QUOTE=phishphood318;3633088]Sorry guys that I don't feel that comfortable sending my card first. I am not the richest man in the world. I am brand new to this site. I have been ripped off in the past when eBay was not so safe and I was not so smart trying to buy a card when I was younger. Maybe you guys would feel comfortable doing so but I do not. Thanks for making me feel like an idiot.

[B][SIZE="6"]MODS you can delete this[/SIZE][/B]. I am sorry for wasting everyone's time and just wanted to see some offers for this card. I have owned it for 7 years now and I was just thinking maybe something else is out there. It's cool I didn't think it through and I should have before I posted. Maybe when I work on my feedback and feel a little more comfortable I will revisit this idea.[/QUOTE]

Mate, you shouldn't feel like an idiot AT ALL!
Clearly it is the discussion in this thread that caused the thoughts on how to make a deal. Without it, you or others wouldn't have known/contemplated it!

My comment above was just indicating that all possibilities have been ruled out!

Personally, I am glad this thread went nowhere! That way you (a true Lebron fan) are forced to keep it in your PC! :)!

EricInCT 11-13-2012 02:02 AM

can't you paypal him $12K or whatever thru paypal and then he overnights it ?

Just send a private plane and an armored car :)

Gio47 11-13-2012 02:26 AM

A moderator is not going to screw over anyone. Just use a middle man.

dashcounter 11-13-2012 02:49 AM

honestly, if you are actually interested in selling the card...someone would fly out and exchange cash with you or vise-versa.

WillC 11-13-2012 03:36 AM

So, just to clarify, phishphood318 won't send first, he won't use a middle-man, and he won't meet you to complete the deal in person.

And he has zero feedback.

On the positive hand, he seems like a nice guy.

AllStars2324 11-13-2012 03:41 AM

Amazing card! I wouldnt need you to send first if we worked out a deal haha

drob50 11-13-2012 03:43 AM

[QUOTE=WillC;3633725]So, just to clarify, phishphood318 won't send first, he won't use a middle-man, and he won't meet you to complete the deal in person.

And he has zero feedback.

On the positive hand, he seems like a nice guy.[/QUOTE]

Come across a little 'phishy';)

GatorBoyInTN 11-13-2012 04:38 AM

Nice card. I agree though, I wouldn't send first, or agree to meet anyone, or use a middle man. Just keep it, thats what I would do. Lol.