Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > BASKETBALL SINGLES BUY/SELL/TRADE

BASKETBALL SINGLES BUY/SELL/TRADE Post your BASKETBALL Singles Buy/Sell/Trade needs here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #26 (permalink)

so john caso replied to this thread first saying he would buy it and pmed you first but had a legitimate question about the condition of the card. but because someone else pm'ed you and offered the same amount but did not ask any questions, you gave them the paypal address for payment?
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobemagee29 View Post
He was the first to reply and pm you so I don't see any reason to bypass him just because he had a question? My guess is that you got a little better offer
based on the response, it seemed he was pissed that he asked that question whether it being obvious or not.
Otherwise, the response would simply be...no, it is not scratched whatsoever. here is my paypal email...

but you're right, i agree that he probably got a better deal because getting pissed off from that simple question doesnt make sense to me.
elee712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #28 (permalink)

No better offer. Like I said I got mixed up in the PM's and sent the other person(Kobe) my paypal by mistake with the same offer price. Before I could correct the mistake (because you have to wait 30seconds between each PM???),I had a PM saying payment sent.. I did not do this on purpose, accidents happened and I sent the wrong person my friends paypal.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #29 (permalink)

Should refund Kobe and sell to caso, easy to do. Just saying that would be the right thing to do if Caso was the first one.
EricMetcalf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #30 (permalink)

can you not refund the money and sell it to the original buyer? since you are saying you made a mistake, then you are agreeing that you sold it to the wrong person. im sure the other person would understand, they are not out any money and will likely be able to pick up another one.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #31 (permalink)

Wish I could, Not my card and card is already sent and on its way.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
No better offer. Like I said I got mixed up in the PM's and sent the other person(Kobe) my paypal by mistake with the same offer price. Before I could correct the mistake (because you have to wait 30seconds between each PM???),I had a PM saying payment sent.. I did not do this on purpose, accidents happened and I sent the wrong person my friends paypal.
A screenshot of the paypal payment would probably be the only way people will believe that you did not recieve a better offer and it's quite a simple solution .... I myself would guess you were offered more.
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #33 (permalink)

LOL.........

ebay rating 100% 770 rating
est89detlions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #34 (permalink)

I would but its not my paypal.... Maybe Kobe will come confirm??
Old 01-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #35 (permalink)

Well if kobe really want the card, he would just agree and say he paid the se amount even if he didn't, so it wouldn't mean much. Only screen shot probably would convince the jury. But I'm kinda on the fence about this, because as seller, there are many buyers who blackout. So when it's a hot cArd, it's almost whoever pays first, and especially since seller never give the Paypal address and obviously didn't already receive payment and then sold to a different buyer. I mean what if after agreeing to buy, first buyer backs out and then since he refused 2nd buyer, seller ends up with no buyer and loses money. Especially when it comes to a card that high end and probably a good amount of money to the seller.

But just curious, how IS the condition? The bottom corner kinda cut off in the picture. Is it a good chance 9.5?
crazymj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #36 (permalink)

LOL @ the people wanting tons of evidence (PayPal Screenshot, Really!?). Even it was a higher offer so what? Everyone here would take the highest offer in a heartbeat....

If I was Pete I would have rather said "I indeed did receive a higher offer and it was sold, sorry."

Yes it's no way to conduct business but at least Pete knows to run an auction in the future to avoid this mess.
***"Insert Funny Quote Here!"***
DwightWall122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymj View Post
Well if kobe really want the card, he would just agree and say he paid the se amount even if he didn't, so it wouldn't mean much. Only screen shot probably would convince the jury. But I'm kinda on the fence about this, because as seller, there are many buyers who blackout. So when it's a hot cArd, it's almost whoever pays first, and especially since seller never give the Paypal address and obviously didn't already receive payment and then sold to a different buyer. I mean what if after agreeing to buy, first buyer backs out and then since he refused 2nd buyer, seller ends up with no buyer and loses money. Especially when it comes to a card that high end and probably a good amount of money to the seller.

But just curious, how IS the condition? The bottom corner kinda cut off in the picture. Is it a good chance 9.5?
Thanks. And card looked in perfect condition to my eye but I'm no grader. I would say 9.5 I didn't see anything wrong. Corners were all sharp and card was well centered.
Here is a pic we took last night without the top of the magnet case..

Old 01-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #38 (permalink)

824 is always getting a steal... Damn lol.

And that's definitely at least a 9.5. What a price at $1200.
lb_sa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #39 (permalink)

beautiful anyone to own one of these is one lucky SOB

ebay rating 100% 770 rating
est89detlions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #40 (permalink)

I swear to you guys that it was not a higher price and it was not my card. We were kicking ourselves because we probably could have got more $$ with how flooded my inbox was after 3 minutes...
Old 01-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by est89detlions View Post
beautiful anyone to own one of these is one lucky SOB
Meh I don't see whats so special, I know they are hot as $hit and I mean they are beautiful cards and this is the first year but... no auto, just printed at a factory and packaged like NBA hoops lol. I'd rather have the $1200 like my friend decided..
Old 01-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Meh I don't see whats so special, I know they are hot as $hit and I mean they are beautiful cards and this is the first year but... no auto, just printed at a factory and packaged like NBA hoops lol. I'd rather have the $1200 like my friend decided..
I agree. You can get a LeBron Exquisite of some sort with that kind of cash. You did leave some $$ on the table though for sure.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:10 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I swear to you guys that it was not a higher price and it was not my card. We were kicking ourselves because we probably could have got more $$ with how flooded my inbox was after 3 minutes...
Sweet pull and beautiful card

Last edited by pepsiporch; 01-15-2013 at 06:16 PM.
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:12 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb_sa View Post
I agree. You can get a LeBron Exquisite of some sort with that kind of cash. You did leave some $$ on the table though for sure.
Yeah thats exactly what I told him, would rather have a beautiful Lebron Exquisite anyday, or even a nice MJ auto. Just not this years exquisite
Anyway, yeah we figured we left some money when we had so many PM's already. Only thing to base it off was the one that sold for a little over $1000.. And he said he would have taken $800 I should have given him $800 and he could have watched me sell it for $1200 in 5 mintues lol And he is probably reading this because he isn't authorized to post yet. Which why does that take so F'n long???
Old 01-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #45 (permalink)

All should be good now

Last edited by armyatc22; 01-15-2013 at 08:49 PM.
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #46 (permalink)

Getting both screen shots now for the haters
Old 01-15-2013, 06:32 PM   #47 (permalink)

I wouldn't even post a screen shot, let them whine. Great card and great sale!
***"Insert Funny Quote Here!"***
DwightWall122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #48 (permalink)

Old 01-15-2013, 06:40 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah thats exactly what I told him, would rather have a beautiful Lebron Exquisite anyday, or even a nice MJ auto. Just not this years exquisite
Anyway, yeah we figured we left some money when we had so many PM's already. Only thing to base it off was the one that sold for a little over $1000.. And he said he would have taken $800 I should have given him $800 and he could have watched me sell it for $1200 in 5 mintues lol And he is probably reading this because he isn't authorized to post yet. Which why does that take so F'n long???
It took one friend of mine like a month to get approved. I'm not sure why this is the case.

And $800? Wow. If he is selling anything in the near future, just to avoid all of the hoopla, just send me a pm!
Old 01-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #50 (permalink)

I have had one waiting over 2 months and one waiting 2 weeks.

And Hahahaha!!! I will let him know