Blowout Cards Forums
2017 April Shower

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL


BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

View Poll Results: Would you take Giannis/Jabari or Towns/Wiggins?
Giannis/Jabari 109 45.61%
Towns/Wiggins 130 54.39%
Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2017, 07:50 PM   #326 (permalink)
Member
 
Ferg1945's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
Buy the rumor, sell the news.


Both Kat and Giannis' media exposure (and subsequently, prices) have pulled back a bit now that they're both on losing franchises that have no immediate hopes of winning a 'chip.

The personal stats only get you so far in the hobby. Anthony Davis 'silently' dropped 42 points last night. Big whoop, nobody cares. They're all excellent young talents, but you have to be more than that. It's a luck game falling into the right franchise where you're also surrounded by the right coaching and mentorship. I just don't see the Bucks getting anywhere with Kidd under the helm. I predicted this team's downfall when everyone was hyping them to be a playoff lock early on. Granted they did make it last year. But he's not a good coach. At all.
After the Jabari injury it has me thinking it might be a good idea to sell enough to break even and hold some stuff ( Prizm Silver Quad 9.5 ) and see if he has another spike down the road.
Ferg1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 07:55 PM   #327 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbluestreak23 View Post
Please don't take my comments as personally directed towards you.

It's been the theme of this bread for quite some time.
-can't score in he 4th
-on a losing team
-I told you so that he's going to crash back down to earth like all flash in he pans

^^^Hate in this thread is strong. No player in the NBA has had the leap in improvemen year after year after year. It only makes sense given that he was a late bloomer to playing basketball. If that doesn't make people excited, eff em'!
My apologies. I get a little defensive sometimes
Wolves4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:11 AM   #328 (permalink)
Member
 
mrchipz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookies View Post
Yeah this made the question way easy. Bucks cant win before Jabari went out. Now they still cant win. This question is crazy easy you take whatever team has Towns! Who cares about who his sidekick is if its towns and wiggins or towns and jabari or towns and a trash can. You take towns! For the past 2 months Towns has been putting up 27.5 12.5 rebounds as a SOPHOMORE. Shooting 57.5% 38% and 86% Guy has made his last 25 FT's in a row he is 7 foot! Coming off the best rookie season since lebron! With a new system and coach. Giannis has been with Kidd for a few seasons now.

Giannis past 2 month 21.5 52% 28% 79% 8.5 and 4.5
Towns 27.5 12.5 and 3 at better percentages all across the board!!! And hes younger!!!

This is an unreal comparison and for the people who say Giannis is some great defender ( I dont think he is) Why isnt that helping them win games or be a good defensive team? Helps every other team but his.

Lastly, Towns is putting up best sophomore season for a big since shaq show me any other big in year 2 doing what he is doing anyone at his age since shaq.

Funny going back on this thread when i was defending Giannis and everything i said came true.
Kudos for all the giannis fans that defended hm in this thread.

as people said the bucks cant win without parker and they would take towns all day over giannis, yada yada yada.....

well it was JUST giannis for half the season.

His team is about to adavnce to the 2nd round of the playoffs and just smoked a stacked toronto team that many thought would beat cleavland by 30 points.

while Towns & Wiggins are at home watching the game on NBA TV.


Carry On
Just remembered this thread.

hey but towns and wiggins are better!!!
mrchipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:17 AM   #329 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 990
Default

Giannis/Towns
Durantula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:02 AM   #330 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 1,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchipz View Post
Funny going back on this thread when i was defending Giannis and everything i said came true.
Kudos for all the giannis fans that defended hm in this thread.

as people said the bucks cant win without parker and they would take towns all day over giannis, yada yada yada.....

well it was JUST giannis for half the season.

His team is about to adavnce to the 2nd round of the playoffs and just smoked a stacked toronto team that many thought would beat cleavland by 30 points.

while Towns & Wiggins are at home watching the game on NBA TV.


Carry On
Just remembered this thread.

hey but towns and wiggins are better!!!
Great we get it the bucks have a great team and lots of 3 and D 40%+ 3pt shooters. The question is giannis and jabari or towns and wiggins. I think after watching the season people say hands down now towns and wiggins.
__________________
BUYING: Lebron James Exquisite auto patch cards, preferably from 03/04, 08/09, and 09/10.
rookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:27 AM   #331 (permalink)
Member
 
mrchipz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookies View Post
Great we get it the bucks have a great team and lots of 3 and D 40%+ 3pt shooters. The question is giannis and jabari or towns and wiggins. I think after watching the season people say hands down now towns and wiggins.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Keep telling yourself that in every thread where you pump up towns.
i go off FACTS.
Fact is you said they couldnt win with or without jabari, they are in the playoffs.
Fact is they had a better record then the wolves.
Fact is Giannis did that almost by himself.
Fact is They are about to advance to round 2.
Lots of facts for a team that could not win with giannis and especially without parker.
Fact is the wolves had the 6th worse record in the nba.
Fact is they are not in the playoffs and had way more talent then the bucks had.
Lots of facts for a duo thats sitting at home watching the games on tv and watching the ONLY player in the history of the nba finish top 20 in EVERY statistical category.
Lots of guys on this board are so high on towns and the wolves im curious to know how much KAT they are holding while they keep trying to tell themselves how good hes gonna be while Giannis is ACTUALLY doing it and walking the walk.
Some of you guys just keep trying to pump KAT up every second you get.
its like we are force fed to listen to it all the time.
its funny to me.
i think KAT is a great player. But hes not Giannis and never will be.
Hes not a game changer, a player then can take over a game, the next Lebron. Giannis is.
At least thats what almost every media outlet and fan on twitter and social media has talked about the past few weeks.
I guess me, them , and everyone else is all wrong and you and the KAT pumper are right!
ill take my defeat and crawl back in my hole and watch my guy wreck shop in the playoffs....
31-51 with KAT, Wiggins, Lavine, Rubio and a way more talented roster then Giannis, Parker for half the season, Middleton for a 3rd of the season, tony snell, john henson, matthew delladova, mirza teletovic, and 2 rookies one who played like 5 mins a game in maker.
Giannis gets to play with some winners huh!
That Record is a FACT.
Hands down towns and wiggins over a guy that just did something nobody in the history of the nba in 71 years has done is an insult to the game.
Good Day
mrchipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:35 AM   #332 (permalink)
Member
 
mrchipz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,089
Default

All of these people are wrong!!! WRONG i tell ya!!
ill never believe what tracy mcgrady HOF, Kareem HOF, stephen a smith & Max when they talk about the next superstar of the nba!!
theyre all wrong i tell ya!!
lots of videos are popping up about giannis lately.


anyone wanna link the KAT ones????





And when you watch that 2nd video with Kareem & Mcgrady pay close attention to what was said starting at the 2:20 mark.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxAFUS5fMDw&t=15s


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGijipsAQLo


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3wrw8X76B4

Last edited by mrchipz; 04-21-2017 at 05:40 AM.
mrchipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:45 AM   #333 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchipz View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Keep telling yourself that in every thread where you pump up towns.
i go off FACTS.
Fact is you said they couldnt win with or without jabari, they are in the playoffs.
Fact is they had a better record then the wolves.
Fact is Giannis did that almost by himself.
Fact is They are about to advance to round 2.
Lots of facts for a team that could not win with giannis and especially without parker.
Fact is the wolves had the 6th worse record in the nba.
Fact is they are not in the playoffs and had way more talent then the bucks had.
Lots of facts for a duo thats sitting at home watching the games on tv and watching the ONLY player in the history of the nba finish top 20 in EVERY statistical category.
Lots of guys on this board are so high on towns and the wolves im curious to know how much KAT they are holding while they keep trying to tell themselves how good hes gonna be while Giannis is ACTUALLY doing it and walking the walk.
Some of you guys just keep trying to pump KAT up every second you get.
its like we are force fed to listen to it all the time.

its funny to me.
i think KAT is a great player. But hes not Giannis and never will be.
Hes not a game changer, a player then can take over a game, the next Lebron. Giannis is.
At least thats what almost every media outlet and fan on twitter and social media has talked about the past few weeks.
I guess me, them , and everyone else is all wrong and you and the KAT pumper are right!
ill take my defeat and crawl back in my hole and watch my guy wreck shop in the playoffs....
31-51 with KAT, Wiggins, Lavine, Rubio and a way more talented roster then Giannis, Parker for half the season, Middleton for a 3rd of the season, tony snell, john henson, matthew delladova, mirza teletovic, and 2 rookies one who played like 5 mins a game in maker.
Giannis gets to play with some winners huh!
That Record is a FACT.
Hands down towns and wiggins over a guy that just did something nobody in the history of the nba in 71 years has done is an insult to the game.
Good Day
I Love Irony. Insert GIANNIS for KAT
Duvalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:48 AM   #334 (permalink)
Member
 
drobfan8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 5,025
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvalier View Post
I Love Irony. Insert GIANNIS for KAT
Whilst it's reasonable to make the call that mrchipz is pumping Giannis, I'm just wondering where all of his sale threads are? It does seem like the perfect time to sell???
__________________
WTB 03/04 Bowman Gold Refractor K. Malone and 04/05 Trilogy Spectrum T. Duncan
drobfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:15 AM   #335 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Berrrrrrwyyyyn IL
Posts: 4,972
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchipz View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Keep telling yourself that in every thread where you pump up towns.
i go off FACTS.
Fact is you said they couldnt win with or without jabari, they are in the playoffs.
Fact is they had a better record then the wolves.
Fact is Giannis did that almost by himself.
Fact is They are about to advance to round 2.
Lots of facts for a team that could not win with giannis and especially without parker.
Fact is the wolves had the 6th worse record in the nba.
Fact is they are not in the playoffs and had way more talent then the bucks had.
Lots of facts for a duo thats sitting at home watching the games on tv and watching the ONLY player in the history of the nba finish top 20 in EVERY statistical category.
Lots of guys on this board are so high on towns and the wolves im curious to know how much KAT they are holding while they keep trying to tell themselves how good hes gonna be while Giannis is ACTUALLY doing it and walking the walk.
Some of you guys just keep trying to pump KAT up every second you get.
its like we are force fed to listen to it all the time.
its funny to me.
i think KAT is a great player. But hes not Giannis and never will be.
Hes not a game changer, a player then can take over a game, the next Lebron. Giannis is.
At least thats what almost every media outlet and fan on twitter and social media has talked about the past few weeks.
I guess me, them , and everyone else is all wrong and you and the KAT pumper are right!
ill take my defeat and crawl back in my hole and watch my guy wreck shop in the playoffs....
31-51 with KAT, Wiggins, Lavine, Rubio and a way more talented roster then Giannis, Parker for half the season, Middleton for a 3rd of the season, tony snell, john henson, matthew delladova, mirza teletovic, and 2 rookies one who played like 5 mins a game in maker.
Giannis gets to play with some winners huh!
That Record is a FACT.
Hands down towns and wiggins over a guy that just did something nobody in the history of the nba in 71 years has done is an insult to the game.
Good Day
Yeah I gotta go with Towns/Wiggins too, congrats on your stash though!
__________________
PC Projects:
-all Shaq RC year cards in PSA 9 (just about done)
-1993 Finest refractor White Sox team set in PSA 9 (have 2/10)
-Thaddeus Young McDonald's patch autos (have 9/25)
thenwhatjk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:07 AM   #336 (permalink)
Member
 
mrchipz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvalier View Post
I Love Irony. Insert GIANNIS for KAT
you seem to forget that giannis is accomplishing things that kat has not.
im not pumping him at all.
i dont need to pump him, if anything i am costing myself money.
eveyone is talking about giannis everywhere.
while the kat guuys seem to have to involve his name in EVERY thread that pops up about anything.
mrchipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:10 AM   #337 (permalink)
Member
 
mrchipz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobfan8 View Post
Whilst it's reasonable to make the call that mrchipz is pumping Giannis, I'm just wondering where all of his sale threads are? It does seem like the perfect time to sell???
well i guess pumpers do that.
but me on the other hand have been and still are actively BUYING
as you can see my 2 buy threads and cards i buy all the time here

WTB BGS 9.5 Giannis Rookies

and here

WTB Giannis Antetokounmpo cards-ALL of them

no his prices are still very cheap imo.
so i will continue to buy.
but regardless of cards not even talking about cards im just talking about this season and nba basketball.
giannis is by far the better choice as i mentioned above.

thx for being smart though and realizing that i have no sales threads up lol
mrchipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:15 AM   #338 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchipz View Post
im not pumping him at all.
HE DID IT!!! History Was Made
Giannis In A League Of His Own.....
Duvalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:20 AM   #339 (permalink)
Member
 
mrchipz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,089
Default

you seem to be just as ignorant as i thought.
not surprised by a new member though with like no posts count.
guess you missed the part in my statement i made up above where i mentioned ANYTHING at all about cards or prices of cards, which i did not.

or in the 2 threads i started you linked that i said ANYTHING about cards in the op of those threads or prices of cards.
or the post i just made above showing i have 2 sales threads up BUYING his cards!

hahahahah man i swear it seems like there are a lot of children on this board lately.

you think the words of 1 person on 1 small forum is gonna change the prices of giannis cards?

guess i like costing myself money then huh?

dont even bother responding to me, its just not worth my time as an adult.
mrchipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:26 AM   #340 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchipz View Post
you seem to be just as ignorant as i thought.
not surprised by a new member though with like no posts count.
guess you missed the part in my statement i made up above where i mentioned ANYTHING at all about cards or prices of cards, which i did not.

or in the 2 threads i started you linked that i said ANYTHING about cards in the op of those threads or prices of cards.
or the post i just made above showing i have 2 sales threads up BUYING his cards!

hahahahah man i swear it seems like there are a lot of children on this board lately.

you think the words of 1 person on 1 small forum is gonna change the prices of giannis cards?

guess i like costing myself money then huh?

dont even bother responding to me, its just not worth my time as an adult.
Never said you did, and you don't need the namecalling. It's just too funny that YOU are complaining about people posting about what Towns has done so far in his career and the future potential.

Last edited by Duvalier; 04-21-2017 at 10:40 AM.
Duvalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:32 AM   #341 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 28
Default

And just for clarification, I think Giannis has the potential to be one of the greats. Giannis>Towns
Duvalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:35 AM   #342 (permalink)
Member
 
mrchipz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvalier View Post
Never said you did, and I never called you any names...but carry on. It's just too funny that YOU are complaining about people posting about what Towns has done so far in his career and the future potential.
well it seemed since you linked my threads talking about him alot that you were. i mean no ill will. i was just pointing out that cant be done if im buying his cards. do i think hes the best player in the nba? no! id take lebron and westbrrok over him. but i think hes miles ahead of anything that towns will ever be.

also, i was not complaining. i was responding to certain people saying that giannis is not a winner and will never win with or without jabari and hes not gonna lead his team to the playoffs.
the bucks are there cause of him.
'the wolves are not there.
mrchipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:43 AM   #343 (permalink)
Member
 
justdagoodstuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 3,335
Default

Giannis is the better passer and Towns is the better rebounder. Giannis is a good rebounder in his own right.

Towns is an all around better offensive player. Giannis is a talent and is better than Towns defensively, but Towns's offensive game is on a whole other level.
justdagoodstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:53 AM   #344 (permalink)
Member
 
chris_ac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,380
Default

I wouldn't compare Towns to Giannis ever. One is a true center with outside offensive prowess, but Giannis is a do it all wing. 2 different animals on the same court. Both are great. We can both coexist as fans and collectors. Peace, not war of words
__________________
Accumulating Anze Kopitar & Karl-Anthony Towns... ......
chris_ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:17 AM   #345 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ac View Post
I wouldn't compare Towns to Giannis ever. One is a true center with outside offensive prowess, but Giannis is a do it all wing. 2 different animals on the same court. Both are great. We can both coexist as fans and collectors. Peace, not war of words
Amen, brother!
__________________
Always looking for Kings cards
volblorx8634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:39 AM   #346 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ac View Post
I wouldn't compare Towns to Giannis ever. One is a true center with outside offensive prowess, but Giannis is a do it all wing. 2 different animals on the same court. Both are great. We can both coexist as fans and collectors. Peace, not war of words
Very well stated...thanks
Duvalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:40 AM   #347 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Gardena, CA
Posts: 2,365
Default

My personal rankings right now:

1. Giannis
2. Towns
3. Wiggins
4. Parker

I think both teams are lucky to have them and their future looks bright.

Also, am I the only one excited about a potential LeBron-Giannis matchup???
__________________
PC: Mid end Anthony Davis, Giannis and Bobby Portis
Sets: 2015 Select Soccer Peru Parallels - 2015/16 Prizm Basketball Prizms Inserts - 2014/15 Threads Century Greats Jerseys - Innovation Stat Line Jerseys
yiguiri2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:43 AM   #348 (permalink)
Member
 
mrchipz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,089
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yiguiri2002 View Post
My personal rankings right now:

1. Giannis
2. Towns
3. Wiggins
4. Parker

I think both teams are lucky to have them and their future looks bright.

Also, am I the only one excited about a potential LeBron-Giannis matchup???
this list i 100% agree with.
man i cant wait!
hope it happens, lebron really dont wanna play giannis. will be a great matchup
mrchipz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:48 AM   #349 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 976
Default

I agree with both of you above, I would be stoked to see that matchup, although I'd feel bad for the Raps. I think Giannis will be frustrate LeBron a lot. He'll be very difficult to handle.
__________________
Always looking for Kings cards
volblorx8634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:37 AM   #350 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,676
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchipz View Post
well it seemed since you linked my threads talking about him alot that you were. i mean no ill will. i was just pointing out that cant be done if im buying his cards. do i think hes the best player in the nba? no! id take lebron and westbrrok over him. but i think hes miles ahead of anything that towns will ever be.

also, i was not complaining. i was responding to certain people saying that giannis is not a winner and will never win with or without jabari and hes not gonna lead his team to the playoffs.
the bucks are there cause of him.
'the wolves are not there.
this is where you sound just as ridiculous as you say everyone else sounds when they are anti-giannis or even just dont praise him like you do....

to say you think Giannis is better is one thing...thats fine...some agree...some dont...whatever....

but to say that GA is miles better now than towns is now or will ever be?? dude you sound ridiculous....

nothing GA will ever do will be "miles ahead" of: 25.1pts 12.3reb 2.7ast 0.7stl...1.3blk... and slash of 54%/37%/83%(oh and he is a 21yr old...so prob not his peak season either)

GA was 23/8.7/5.4ast...1.6stl...1.9blk....with 52%/27%/77%

you can argue who had the better statistical season...but for you to say he is miles ahead is just flat out wrong...for him to be that that stat line would need like a 30% bump across the board...if not more...

and then you have PER/WS

KAT: 26.0/12.7
GA: 26.1/12.4

some like these stats...some think they are dumb...or one is bad and other is useful...whatever...they are very similar in both..."miles ahead" eh??

and usage GA was slightly higher

and people would likely still take KAT/Wigg in this thread....cuz Parker being the 2nd part of the poll has shown he might never live up to anything due to injuries...so yea the clear answer is the KAT side...even if you concede GA is the best player of the 4...Wiggins as the 2nd choice makes the pick easy....

this statement you made is almost as crazy as you saying Giannis would wreck WILT CHAMBERLAIN and physically dominate him...
jstasyk1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.