Blowout Cards Forums
2017 April Shower

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL


BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2017, 12:50 PM   #76 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 139
Default

I need to add truth is truth to my sig.

I'm curious as to why or how he would have time to file a police report before contacting you or going through eBay.

In my mind, if it was legit, the sequence would go like this
Go to work
Get home from work
Get package
Open package
See card is damaged
Be disappointed
Contact seller through eBay
Wait 12-24 hours for a response
If seller says I'm out of luck, escalate case
If I'm a douche, think about filing a police report
Drive to police station
Wait for someone to take the report, because basketball cards take priority over actual crimes
Go back home and tell seller I filed a police report and truth is truth.

I know people are saying ups might have scanned it after being delivered, but with this kind of package, isnt a signature required? that would update it immediately
Doodlegrass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:56 PM   #77 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlegrass View Post
I need to add truth is truth to my sig.

I'm curious as to why or how he would have time to file a police report before contacting you or going through eBay.

In my mind, if it was legit, the sequence would go like this
Go to work
Get home from work
Get package
Open package
See card is damaged
Be disappointed
Contact seller through eBay
Wait 12-24 hours for a response
If seller says I'm out of luck, escalate case
If I'm a douche, think about filing a police report
Drive to police station
Wait for someone to take the report, because basketball cards take priority over actual crimes
Go back home and tell seller I filed a police report and truth is truth.

I know people are saying ups might have scanned it after being delivered, but with this kind of package, isnt a signature required? that would update it immediately



99 out of 100 people who order a High Value Item Know its coming, on which day, and to be at home to expect it. I'm (almost certain) a signature was required, I dont think drivers are allowed to driver release (leave on doorstep) any high value, Again as the driver signed off on it, it would be on them if something happened if they just left it.

Ups delivery board wont let you go to the next screen if you don't complete the delivery, And it alerts you and the center if your GPS isn't correct to the intended address..

IMHO no way it was scanned after delivered
nanners13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:03 PM   #78 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners13 View Post
that is not at all what i was saying, and you know that!

Every delivery company out there has videos like the 2 year old one you just showed. I was letting the OP know that high value parcels are carefully handled through out the delivery process at UPS and i cant see (if he carefully packaged it up as we assume he did) that any damage happened on UPS's part.

High Value items are personally handed off to drivers and the drivers sign off on them. Drivers are paid very well, and who's gonna risk their JOB, with Paid Insurance and Benefits damaging a box that they signed off on, knowing they will be fired if they botch it up.
I definitely carefully packaged it all up, thankfully I took pictures at the UPS store:


__________________
Collector of Devin Booker
Former Collector of Wilson Chandler

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t139/atothelo88/

Last edited by AtotheLo; 04-21-2017 at 03:53 PM.
AtotheLo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:27 PM   #79 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 417
Default

And it looks like the time of scan is instant.

I took the pictures at UPS store April 5 at 6:19PM, the tracking shows my order processed April 5 at 6:20PM.

https://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/track

Tracking #:
1Z2981FAD952430123
__________________
Collector of Devin Booker
Former Collector of Wilson Chandler

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t139/atothelo88/
AtotheLo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:33 PM   #80 (permalink)
Member
 
SteveO21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: near the cards
Posts: 7,307
Default

The way that was packaged, I find it very difficult to believe there's any way it would have been damaged in transit, especially the damage that the buyer is purporting the card has. Seems virtually impossible that could have happened in transit.
__________________
COLLECTING DAMON STOUDAMIRE (RAPTORS YEARS) & RANDOM ARIZONA WILDCATS
SteveO21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:41 PM   #81 (permalink)
Member
 
lambyzzle79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,717
Default

And this was in a one touch???? Suspect all over the buyer. This is what I fear when selling high end, which is why I prefer slabbed/graded high end cards.
__________________
Collecting all Damian Lillard cards! PM me what you got!
Also collecting current Blazers roster Rookie Cards and Manny Pacquiao cards!
SORRY I DO NOT SHIP/TRADE INTERNATIONAL!!!
lambyzzle79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:43 PM   #82 (permalink)
Member
 
SteveO21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: near the cards
Posts: 7,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambyzzle79 View Post
And this was in a one touch???? Suspect all over the buyer.
inside of a one-touch, which was inside of a team bag, which was inside of an appropriately sized bubble mailer, which was inside of a padded UPS envelope. No chance in hell that card gets that kind of damage being shipped like that.
__________________
COLLECTING DAMON STOUDAMIRE (RAPTORS YEARS) & RANDOM ARIZONA WILDCATS
SteveO21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:43 PM   #83 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanners13 View Post
[/B]


99 out of 100 people who order a High Value Item Know its coming, on which day, and to be at home to expect it. I'm (almost certain) a signature was required, I dont think drivers are allowed to driver release (leave on doorstep) any high value, Again as the driver signed off on it, it would be on them if something happened if they just left it.

Ups delivery board wont let you go to the next screen if you don't complete the delivery, And it alerts you and the center if your GPS isn't correct to the intended address..

IMHO no way it was scanned after delivered
thanks for confirming that, so yeah the timeframe of his claim vs delivery should rule in your favor. And unfortunately this is why I won't ship or purchase any cards from china, taiwan,s korea, phillipines or japan. There are enough scammers in the US, I don't want to deal with millions more potential headaches. I do miss out on some nice cardboard though
Doodlegrass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:04 PM   #84 (permalink)
Member
 
lambyzzle79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,717
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO21 View Post
inside of a one-touch, which was inside of a team bag, which was inside of an appropriately sized bubble mailer, which was inside of a padded UPS envelope. No chance in hell that card gets that kind of damage being shipped like that.
Yeah no chance in hell it would make that kind of damage. Didn't he claim there was a video of him opening the package? Have you seen that video?
__________________
Collecting all Damian Lillard cards! PM me what you got!
Also collecting current Blazers roster Rookie Cards and Manny Pacquiao cards!
SORRY I DO NOT SHIP/TRADE INTERNATIONAL!!!
lambyzzle79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:07 PM   #85 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambyzzle79 View Post
Yeah no chance in hell it would make that kind of damage. Didn't he claim there was a video of him opening the package? Have you seen that video?
I asked him to upload it to youtube but he said it has his personal image (???) on it. He said he sent a dropbox link of the video to ebay but ebay hasn't received anything, nor will ebay accept video evidence too, that's their policy.
__________________
Collector of Devin Booker
Former Collector of Wilson Chandler

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t139/atothelo88/
AtotheLo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:10 PM   #86 (permalink)
Member
 
lambyzzle79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,717
Default

He needs to send the video to you.....it seems like he is avoiding this with BS excuses.
__________________
Collecting all Damian Lillard cards! PM me what you got!
Also collecting current Blazers roster Rookie Cards and Manny Pacquiao cards!
SORRY I DO NOT SHIP/TRADE INTERNATIONAL!!!
lambyzzle79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:29 PM   #87 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,720
Default

Maybe I missed this but you keep saying how is the police report filed before it was delivered

I'm pretty sure the time stamp on the police report is him estimating when the incident occurred... not the time the report was taken... right?
puck419 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:11 PM   #88 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by puck419 View Post
Maybe I missed this but you keep saying how is the police report filed before it was delivered

I'm pretty sure the time stamp on the police report is him estimating when the incident occurred... not the time the report was taken... right?
I have no idea, I never looked at it that way, and he hasn't given me any information or even the full police report.
__________________
Collector of Devin Booker
Former Collector of Wilson Chandler

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t139/atothelo88/
AtotheLo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:32 PM   #89 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtotheLo View Post
I have no idea, I never looked at it that way, and he hasn't given me any information or even the full police report.
How I read it is date and time of occurrence that the incident happened.


I'm not saying I'm with him or not but just wanted to point it out. I agree he should disclose the full report and answer some of the questions that are leaving holes.

I would assume If you ever see the report, the officer who signed off on the report would have written down date and time they signed off on it.
puck419 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:19 PM   #90 (permalink)
Member
 
Corky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Arizona (Hometown: Seattle)
Posts: 965
Default

This seems like a seriously overblown (by the buyer) situation of buyers remorse. He is being very shifty with his details and wont supply any complete information. I hope eBay backs you and I really hope the card is not damaged.
__________________
I am a player collector focusing mainly on Ken Griffey Jr. but I also collect Jay Buhner, Steve Largent and Ryan Bader. My secondary collection includes Seattle teams and University of Arizona players in their collegiate uniforms.
Corky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:46 PM   #91 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky View Post
This seems like a seriously overblown (by the buyer) situation of buyers remorse. He is being very shifty with his details and wont supply any complete information. I hope eBay backs you and I really hope the card is not damaged.
Thanks... I hope so too..

This is a lot of money and I'm getting really stressed out over this.

Today I just realized the UPS store owner asked me to initial on the Parcel Shipping Order's "Pre-Pack Waiver" section which reads:

"I have declined packing service offered by The UPS Store and acknowledge that the coverage for the Parcel is limited to loss as provided herein, and that the Carrer's packing standards for Shock, Vibration, and Compression have been explained to me by The UPS Store personnel".

On the back of the form in fine print:

"Pre-packed articles which have not been packed by Us are eligible for limited coverage protecting for loss only."

This is getting me super stressed out. I think this implies that the $4K in insurance I paid for will only cover for a lost item, but not for damages?! The UPS store owner never explained or offered a packing service to me, and the order was already taking so long that wherever he told me to initial and sign I just did as he said.

And how is this a pre-pack? He packed the item I sent into a sealed UPS bubble mailer.

This is getting more and more frustrating, literally losing sleep over this.
__________________
Collector of Devin Booker
Former Collector of Wilson Chandler

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t139/atothelo88/
AtotheLo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:05 PM   #92 (permalink)
Member
 
ninjacookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Coast, formerly Mother Russia
Posts: 18,196
Default

Having my own headache with someone out of Taiwan who hit a BIN. Ordered something and demanded I send first class because they refused to pay the extra 12 bucks for priority. Warned them about the unguaranteed time window and usual delay, they said it's cool.

2 weeks later and I'm getting very cryptic and hard to discern messages every hour asking where the card is and when they can return it to me.

Yup. Think that's all the business I'll be doing with the friendly people in east asia.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:38 PM   #93 (permalink)
Member
 
cp3fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Posts: 1,063
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
Having my own headache with someone out of Taiwan who hit a BIN. Ordered something and demanded I send first class because they refused to pay the extra 12 bucks for priority. Warned them about the unguaranteed time window and usual delay, they said it's cool.

2 weeks later and I'm getting very cryptic and hard to discern messages every hour asking where the card is and when they can return it to me.

Yup. Think that's all the business I'll be doing with the friendly people in east asia.
Dang, that's tough. You should have told him he's SOL if he didn't want it to be sent priority. International first class is dangerous. That's why I utilize the eBay global shipping program.
__________________
My bball card collection--->http://mnault23.imgur.com/
cp3fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:44 PM   #94 (permalink)
Member
 
SHowley2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 2,310
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp3fan View Post
Dang, that's tough. You should have told him he's SOL if he didn't want it to be sent priority. International first class is dangerous. That's why I utilize the eBay global shipping program.
Yeah through eBay I won't ship internationally through any format other than the global shipping program. I have my sales set up so international buyers have it as the only option.
__________________
Don't take it too seriously, it's just cardboard.
SHowley2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:49 PM   #95 (permalink)
Member
 
ninjacookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Coast, formerly Mother Russia
Posts: 18,196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp3fan View Post
Dang, that's tough. You should have told him he's SOL if he didn't want it to be sent priority. International first class is dangerous. That's why I utilize the eBay global shipping program.
Indeed. Lesson learned. Thankfully wasn't high dollar, but that's a one and done for sure.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:50 PM   #96 (permalink)
Member
 
cp3fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Posts: 1,063
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
Indeed. Lesson learned. Thankfully wasn't high dollar, but that's a one and done for sure.
That's very fortunate. Glad to hear that.
__________________
My bball card collection--->http://mnault23.imgur.com/
cp3fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:51 PM   #97 (permalink)
Member
 
cp3fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Posts: 1,063
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHowley2003 View Post
Yeah through eBay I won't ship internationally through any format other than the global shipping program. I have my sales set up so international buyers have it as the only option.
Same here. It provides a great peace of mind
__________________
My bball card collection--->http://mnault23.imgur.com/
cp3fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:08 PM   #98 (permalink)
Member
 
ReggieEvansPC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,158
Default

Wild accusations being made in this thread.
__________________
PC: Reggie Evans
LF: Reggie Evans- Bismack Biyombo - Marc Gasol
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143199198@N02/albums
ReggieEvansPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:57 AM   #99 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 417
Default

It's been 36 hours since I last heard from the buyer...
__________________
Collector of Devin Booker
Former Collector of Wilson Chandler

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t139/atothelo88/
AtotheLo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:54 PM   #100 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 417
Default

Updated with yesterday and today's dialogue.

My family in Taiwan is now involved, they need his Taiwan citizenship ID no. to complete the verification of his police report. I sent them this forum post and all images and they don't think the police report is real but they're going ahead to ask their area police station about it anyway.

I'm surprised the buyer hasn't escalated the refund case to ebay yet. He was able to do so as of April 21, I now also have the ability to escalate the case. I won't do anything until my family gets back to me.
__________________
Collector of Devin Booker
Former Collector of Wilson Chandler

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t139/atothelo88/
AtotheLo is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.