Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default UD "not accepting expired redemptions at this time"

That's what I was told on the phone today.

I got a box of 08/09 SP Rookie Threads and pulled a redemption for a Robin Lopez auto that expired 11/25. That's right - two weeks ago. I tried to enter it on the website and it said that it was expired and wouldn't be honored. I called the 800 number and the customer service rep said even though only a mere two weeks had passed since the expiration date, no expired redemptions were being honored at this time. He suggested I call back after the new year because a "new marketing plan may be in place."

Over the past few months, UD looked like it may have finally turned a corner and actually started caring about its customers. Expired redemptions were being honored or replaced. I think it is truly pathetic that a company that is hanging by a thread has shifted its philosophy and now won't even honor a two-week expired redemption. Ridiculous.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

Feed it to yer dog, wait 8 hours, mail em that.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

ud will be bankrupt soon
patchgenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

if they extend the "redeeming time" after the official expiration date, when does the expired card actually stop being redeemable?
Old 12-10-2010, 08:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

best thing that could happen with UD is if Panini bought them out...or even Razor or Sportkings or whatever.

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

I just got a Derrick Rose auto redemption out of the same product from a case break on here Dec.1st E-mailed them & no response, so i called them on the 5th. The guy there gave me absolutely no problem about it being expired & immediately opened a case for me. So unless the policy has changed in the last 5 days , I'd say call back again & talk to someone else & hopefully they do the same for you. It's worth a try anyway.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:35 PM   #7 (permalink)

Wow well i had a exp redempion problem last week when i called and i was told about the redemption program in january also and apparently the guy was a manager and could not do anything i know it is off basketball topic but i pulled a great hockey redemption rookie so i was a little burned.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:37 PM   #8 (permalink)

I still don't understand why redemptions even have an expiration date.
jayjay0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yeah they gave me a case number & everything. I hope they follow through on it though, now that a couple of you guys have mentioned this "new policy", I'm starting to get a little worried. I wouldn't really mind if they didn't except....It's A Damn Derrick Rose RC!!
Old 12-10-2010, 09:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

exactly makes a total of 0 sense
boxbreaker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:41 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxbreaker88 View Post

exactly makes a total of 0 sense
Surely you could make a guess. We should expect UD to have contracts that last for an eternity right?
suki24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:19 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suki24 View Post
Surely you could make a guess. We should expect UD to have contracts that last for an eternity right?
No...I would expect from any self-respecting company, that if they're going to put a redemption in a product, that they would fulfill that redemption in a timely manner, LONG BEFORE their contracts expired.

Why should we be in any hurry to send in our redemptions if upper deck isn't going to be in any hurry to fulfill them? If they're going to take sometimes 1.5 to 2 years or more to fulfill the redemptions, shouldn't their expirations extend for 1.5 to 2 years or more?
Old 12-10-2010, 10:59 PM   #13 (permalink)

UD is ridiculous I hope they go bankcrupt!! I had pulled a damage MJ GU Legacy #23 and ask for a replacement. They said they can't do it because of the scarcity of the card and would send me a complimentary package. What I got was 2 worthless 09-10 UD Dual GU cards not even worth mentioning. I think one card has Samuel Dalembert on it. There's a reason they don't have any major licensing right now. I hope you get your redemption.
jprk31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:26 AM   #14 (permalink)

A redemption card from an 08/09 product shouldn't expire in 2010. That's insane. I understand the need for expiration dates, but less that two years after the release date? That's horrible. And to not honor it a week after their already unreasonable expiration date has passed is unacceptable customer service.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Why do they expire? Shouldn't the card be sitting on a shelf some where waiting to be redeemed and shipped to someone? What do they do with the card if it doesn't get redeemed? Throw it away, take it home for themselves? Give it to employees?
JOHNJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:36 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNJOHNNY View Post
Why do they expire? Shouldn't the card be sitting on a shelf some where waiting to be redeemed and shipped to someone? What do they do with the card if it doesn't get redeemed? Throw it away, take it home for themselves? Give it to employees?
Some of the redemption cards they do actually get made are given to others as "replacements" shortly after being made. Therefore, there aren't enough left to fulfill the actual redemptions they are for. At least that's my educated opinion.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay0122 View Post
this is what i'm saying. it's like, if they already made the card(s), what good is it to them to not send it out and piss off customers? it's not liek they make each card as it gets redeemed so hmm....
Old 12-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #18 (permalink)

So in summary:

You bought a product that contains expired redemptions and now you're crying because you can't redeem your expired redemption.
FellintoOblivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:30 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FellintoOblivio View Post
So in summary:

You bought a product that contains expired redemptions and now you're crying because you can't redeem your expired redemption.
I bought it because UD had changed it's unreasonable policy and had been honoring expired redemptions. And to be perfectly honest, I didn't even think twice about because it's 2010 and the product was from the 08/09 season, so it never even entered my realm of thought that the redemptions would be expired.

But let me ask you something. What purpose did your comment serve? Tough day at home? Mommy make you go to your room? Your overbearing wife has brow-beat you into submission and your only outlet is to offer up a demeaning comment to a stranger on an internet message board? A customer at your $10 an hour job gave you a hard time? Or are you just a d%^k?

By the way, nice post crying about the collation in those three retail blasters you bought.

Last edited by kajshack; 12-11-2010 at 05:35 PM.
kajshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:41 PM   #20 (permalink)

Just be glad you didn't pull a derrick rose auto rc redemption. I thought about grabbing a case of these since the price really dropped drasticly last week and then i realize the redemption date passed...

Topps also not honoring expired redemptions, had a russell wesbrook black #/75 rc finest redemption. I actaully even mailed it in to them along with couple other ones and they were send back to me with stamp expired ont he back, at least they spend the 44 cents to mail it back to me.
crazymj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:34 PM   #21 (permalink)

Take an expired coupon to a grocery store, see if they take it. Why are sports cards supposed to be different?
cardinalsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:46 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalsooner View Post
Take an expired coupon to a grocery store, see if they take it. Why are sports cards supposed to be different?
This is not a sales discount, so it is irrelevant. Just saying "all things have an expiration date" would have suffice enough.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:50 PM   #23 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalsooner View Post
Not at Chick Fil A they honor all coupons all the time.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:52 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
Not at Chick Fil A they honor all coupons all the time.
They make up for it on overpriced chicken.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:53 PM   #25 (permalink)

That is gay.. i'm going to start my own card company and put nothing but redemptions in it. 24 packs/8 cards per pack.. ALL redemptions (even base lol)

Define "irony": a bunch of idiots dancing around on a plane, to a song made famous by a band that died in a plane crash -Garland Greene
FavresReturn is offline   Reply With Quote