Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Card Singles

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2010, 12:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Any other suffering Kings Fans?

I've been a Kings Fan since my dad used to take me to games when I was a little boy, and have seen a lot of the good bad and ugly Kings teams and games, but this Kings team has definitely been the most brutal to watch. The team can't get anything done on offense or defense and our supposed future superstar players, Tyreke and Cousins, are definitely not playing like it as both are shooting right at 40% from the field and the team isn't doing much better (2nd to last in FG% and one of the last in team assists). I knew we were still far away from having a playoff caliber team, but I expected a lot more than the amateur play I've seen thus far.

/vent
Old 12-12-2010, 12:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

I would say I feel bad for you but I dont, hell we picked Oden (Look at Durant now) and we have got NOTHING from that man. Wish we could have got the number two pick that year. Things would have been soooooo much easier. Anyways, now with Roy the way he is.... all I can hope for is my Ducks win this NT this year.....
Old 12-12-2010, 12:17 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo675675 View Post
I would say I feel bad for you but I dont, hell we picked Oden (Look at Durant now) and we have got NOTHING from that man. Wish we could have got the number two pick that year. Things would have been soooooo much easier. Anyways, now with Roy the way he is.... all I can hope for is my Ducks win this NT this year.....
Thank god the Bulls didnt pick Beasley like every chicago news reporter said to...
Old 12-12-2010, 12:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

Im with you there.... So much potential, not enough skill.

"Thank the Lord for that burning bush, that big body Benz I was born to push..." - Just What IAm
nuggetsman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoCubsWS View Post
Thank god the Bulls didnt pick Beasley like every chicago news reporter said to...
Marijuana's a hell of a drug

-Gauge.
sportzluvr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:59 AM   #6 (permalink)

well fitch, i agree with ya. i was really hoping that they'd pick up their level of play, with tyreke, cousins, omri, jason thompson all maturing together, but hey they're still young, we gotta be patient. i def miss watching cwebb in sactown

Quote:
gizmo, portland's been unlucky with the injury bug, nothing can be done about that. as for oden, that was a very easy pick at the time... dominant center (hard to come by ever, solid/polished on both ends) AND most importantly it fit their pieces, with them already having drafted roy and aldridge as scorers. if they had drafted durant, he would have never matured this fast (if ever) simply b/c he would not have had the minutes to do so on a deep blazer team, to make mistakes and take a million shots.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:27 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
At least your team makes the playoffs. I dont watch the games this year because the team messes with my emotions too much so now that I dont watch I am better. But from what I see from this team, it has that losing mentality. I know must teams are more talented but a team can out work that team and this kings team doesnt want to do it. At the end of the day you get payed the same whether you win the regular season game or lose it. The kings havent gotten low enough picks, tyreke is no broy, durant, rose, cpaul(last 4 ROYs), not even close. The kings dont show heart and with they guys they have, they're doomed. Def the worst team in the NBA.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:29 AM   #8 (permalink)

btw, your title doesn't make sense. How can that be a question? haha. If you're a Kings fan, you are beyond suffering, its torture every game of course.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundermifflin15 View Post
btw, your title doesn't make sense. How can that be a question? haha. If you're a Kings fan, you are beyond suffering, its torture every game of course.
Sort of like this game last season when the Kings were up by like 8 with 2 minutes left and ended up losing?? :-)

YouTube - Ersan Ilyasova For The OT Sacramento Kings vs Milwaukee Bucks HD

My Ersan Ilyasova, Luc Mbah a Moute, & Larry Sanders Collection
http://milwbucks.webs.com/

Last edited by oshmeehan; 12-12-2010 at 01:55 AM.
oshmeehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:51 AM   #10 (permalink)

Tyreke Evans is having a sophmore slump. In his last three games he is just 10 of 38 shooting. In 20 games, He has just 6 games scoring 20+ points.

On the season he is shooting just 39.2% from the field.

Tyreke's biggest problem is him not getting to the free throw line. He got there more than 6 times a game last year (6.5 fta), and just 4 times a game this year.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:13 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateDeron View Post
Tyreke Evans is having a sophmore slump. In his last three games he is just 10 of 38 shooting. In 20 games, He has just 6 games scoring 20+ points.

On the season he is shooting just 39.2% from the field.

Tyreke's biggest problem is him not getting to the free throw line. He got there more than 6 times a game last year (6.5 fta), and just 4 times a game this year.
Yep, you don't hear people talking about Tyreke at all this season.

His FG% is even worse than Brandon Jennings' this year!

My Ersan Ilyasova, Luc Mbah a Moute, & Larry Sanders Collection
http://milwbucks.webs.com/
oshmeehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:31 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
tyreke is no broy, durant, rose, cpaul(last 4 ROYs), not even close.
That's because Blake Griffin is the true ROTY of that draft class. Curry was also the better player IMO last year. Tyreke doesn't excel at any particular aspect, not shooting, passing, or rebounding.
suki24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:46 AM   #13 (permalink)

In my boy Tyreke's defense...he's playing hurt. His plantar fasciitis is not allowing him to make those amazing drives and moves that he's known for. Once the Kings wisen up and let him rest a couple weeks to let his foot heal...he'll come back and prove why he was ROY last year.

MY BUCKET: http://s940.photobucket.com/albums/ad244/tyewreeek13/
tYEwREEEk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:59 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
My title is a question in that I am trying to find Kings fans, not asking whether or not Kings fans are suffering. Need some other suffering Kings Fans to vent/share my pain with
Old 12-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitch123 View Post
My title is a question in that I am trying to find Kings fans, not asking whether or not Kings fans are suffering. Need some other suffering Kings Fans to vent/share my pain with
I here for you man.

Tyreke needs a rest.
The team needs a decent, CONSISTANT SG
Cousins needs to quit Shaqin' it up and stop missing all his free-throws and benching himself with his fouls.
Greene needs to get consistant and above all, we need a player we can build Tyreke with. Tyreke can't do it ALL alone, he needs help too.

"Thank the Lord for that burning bush, that big body Benz I was born to push..." - Just What IAm
Old 12-12-2010, 02:50 PM   #16 (permalink)

Haha.....At least you have hope as a Kings fan....Just with Tyreke and Cousins you have a pretty good future if things pan out....They will get a high draft pick and pick up the Small Forward (Harrison Barnes) or a TRUE Point Guard (Kyrie Irving) that they really need to get the ball out of Reke's hands every now and then and make some plays....So by next season you will have 3 stud players that would allow for the guys who are being forced to start to come off the bench (They could have a sweet bench).

Overall for being in a rebuilding mode you guys are doing great.....You have 1 ROY and Cousins has some serious potential and you have some solid vets....I can name a few teams that have it worse than the Que....I mean Kings....(Im a Lakers Fan!)
NFL: Brock Osweiler ~ Teddy Bridgewater ~ Green Bay Packers

Last edited by pico04; 12-12-2010 at 02:58 PM.
pico04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:10 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
tyreke is no broy, durant, rose, cpaul(last 4 ROYs), not even close.
that's a joke. check out durant and broy's first year's stats and reevaluate your statement. it's tyreke's 2nd year, and all those other players had time to develop. additionally, all those players started having pieces built around them... if you dont play with talent, you can only do but soo much anyway , so even if tyreke drops of this year, i dont think that's a sign of things to come, but instead, that the kings are simply a couple of years away from being formidable (with tyreke as the leader).

with cousins this year and whoever they draft next year, that's how the team can start improving. derrick rose have noah and now boozer. durant's team drafted westbrook (and look at westbrook now). broy was in the same draft as aldridge and then they had #1 oden (and pieces like andre miller and rudy fernandez). cp3 had 2-time all-star david west and his fav alley oop buddy tyson chandler. tyreke has... beno udrih and had umm spencer hawes??

maybe tyewreeek and i are in the minority but i still have hope.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:34 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack419 View Post
that's a joke. check out durant and broy's first year's stats and reevaluate your statement. it's tyreke's 2nd year, and all those other players had time to develop. additionally, all those players started having pieces built around them... if you dont play with talent, you can only do but soo much anyway , so even if tyreke drops of this year, i dont think that's a sign of things to come, but instead, that the kings are simply a couple of years away from being formidable (with tyreke as the leader).

with cousins this year and whoever they draft next year, that's how the team can start improving. derrick rose have noah and now boozer. durant's team drafted westbrook (and look at westbrook now). broy was in the same draft as aldridge and then they had #1 oden (and pieces like andre miller and rudy fernandez). cp3 had 2-time all-star david west and his fav alley oop buddy tyson chandler. tyreke has... beno udrih and had umm spencer hawes??

I agree.....Reke will bounce back!

I believe if they draft Kyrie Irving and move Reke to the Shooting Guard position that team will be in the lottery for maybe 1 more year before they break out and become the best young team in the West and make the playoffs as a mid seed.

Reke needs to be the Dwade for the Kings....Imagine if Wade had a talented passing point guard....that would have been sweet!
NFL: Brock Osweiler ~ Teddy Bridgewater ~ Green Bay Packers

Last edited by pico04; 12-12-2010 at 03:36 PM.
pico04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:46 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack419 View Post

Tyreke does have help. That was evident in their win vs. the Wizards. Tyreke just 8 points, but yet the team scored 116. Thompson 22 pts and 14 rebs, Udrih 23 pts, Cousins 10 pts, Jeter 13 pts, Casspi 12 pts, Greene 12 pts...

Casspi, Thompson, Cousins, Landry, Greene, Garcia, and Dalembert. The problem with the Kings is their coach and their point guard/shooting guard. Is Tyreke a point guard or a shooting guard? I really don't know, lol.

Is Udrih the point guard or the shooting guard? As I look at their team, they only average 18.8 assists per game (6th Worst in the league), and Tyreke is leading them at 5.2 apg. The Kings need to decide is Tyrke their PG or not? To be honest, I don't think he is a shooting guard (16.4 ppg, 14-51 3pt, 39.1% fg), so they need to let Tyreke play the PG, and go get a SG.

Last edited by UltimateDeron; 12-12-2010 at 03:50 PM.
UltimateDeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:41 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateDeron View Post
Tyreke does have help. That was evident in their win vs. the Wizards. Tyreke just 8 points, but yet the team scored 116. Thompson 22 pts and 14 rebs, Udrih 23 pts, Cousins 10 pts, Jeter 13 pts, Casspi 12 pts, Greene 12 pts...

Casspi, Thompson, Cousins, Landry, Greene, Garcia, and Dalembert. The problem with the Kings is their coach and their point guard/shooting guard. Is Tyreke a point guard or a shooting guard? I really don't know, lol.

Is Udrih the point guard or the shooting guard? As I look at their team, they only average 18.8 assists per game (6th Worst in the league), and Tyreke is leading them at 5.2 apg. The Kings need to decide is Tyrke their PG or not? To be honest, I don't think he is a shooting guard (16.4 ppg, 14-51 3pt, 39.1% fg), so they need to let Tyreke play the PG, and go get a SG.
As I previously stated, the Kings need a consistant SG.

Tyreke does have help. But his "help" is so inconsistant it hurts.

You NEVER know what your going to get from the Kings "help".

One night Greene is 5-8 and the next he goes 1-15.

Thompson and Landry are great big guys but again... INCONSISTANT! This was a problem with Spencer Hawes but he was 10X better than what Dalembert is bringing, at least he could score. Cousins is simply too imature and fouls too much and is in the FT category with Blake and Shaq

Casspi needs more PT and Beno cant start, they need a new player to replane mr. Draino

Old 12-12-2010, 06:02 PM   #21 (permalink)

Tyreke Evans + Demarcus Cousins = Worst locker room ever, must suck a fatty d to be on that team.
alldayyy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:39 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggetsman28 View Post
As I previously stated, the Kings need a consistant SG.

Tyreke does have help. But his "help" is so inconsistant it hurts.

You NEVER know what your going to get from the Kings "help".

One night Greene is 5-8 and the next he goes 1-15.

Thompson and Landry are great big guys but again... INCONSISTANT! This was a problem with Spencer Hawes but he was 10X better than what Dalembert is bringing, at least he could score. Cousins is simply too imature and fouls too much and is in the FT category with Blake and Shaq

Casspi needs more PT and Beno cant start, they need a new player to replane mr. Draino
Casspi, at times, has easily been the best player on the floor for the Kings. And yet he struggles to get any PT.

Problem is definitely the lack of consistency w/ respect to playing time. Same tune different team, no rotation. The coach needs to go....
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote