Blowout Cards Forums
Sport Card Album

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2008, 12:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Max

Default TOPP FINEST Auto Refractor Redemptions

Since no one has exclusive rights to Rose, Beasly, or Mayo. How many Redemption autos do you think Topps will make for their FINEST auto refractor redemptions of each of the big 3.

I have a feeling that TOPPS will put a lot of scrub rookie autos for the Auto Rookie Redemptions. The odds of pulling these redemptions are 1:43 meaning roughly every 2-3 boxes or four redemptions per twelve box case. And I'm sure Topps made at least 1000 cases meaning there could be 4,000 redemption cards out there in which Topps will have to use signatures from all thirty first round draft picks.

At least last year TOPPS Finest based it on a serial # on the back of your card to determine which player you got. That way you knew if it was a Yi, Oden, Wright etc. This year with their online redemption process I'm guessing it will be random.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 03:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to trouts2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Since no one has exclusive rights to Rose, Beasly, or Mayo. How many Redemption autos do you think Topps will make for their FINEST auto refractor redemptions of each of the big 3.

I have a feeling that TOPPS will put a lot of scrub rookie autos for the Auto Rookie Redemptions. The odds of pulling these redemptions are 1:43 meaning roughly every 2-3 boxes or four redemptions per twelve box case. And I'm sure Topps made at least 1000 cases meaning there could be 4,000 redemption cards out there in which Topps will have to use signatures from all thirty first round draft picks.

At least last year TOPPS Finest based it on a serial # on the back of your card to determine which player you got. That way you knew if it was a Yi, Oden, Wright etc. This year with their online redemption process I'm guessing it will be random.
I thought the odds on the back were based on mini boxes...so 1:43 mini boxes for an auto redemption, but I might be wrong. Also, you might be right with the players being random unless the redemption code somehow indicates what auto you get.
trouts2 is online now   Reply With Quote