Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 04:57 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suki24 View Post
Let's not get carried away with him being the next TMac. Prime TMac was on Jordan and Kobe's level. Gordon would never reach their level, and I can say never confidently.
Whoa....lol. First off, there is no Jordan and Kobe level. It's either or because Kobe is not on Jordan's level and he never will be. You can't just look at a player's PPG and say 'They were on MJ's level'. There's a huge difference between averaging 28-30 PPG's on 40% shooting and avergaing 28-30 PPG's on 50+% while being one of the best defenders in the game.

If you want to argue that TMac had a few seasons on Kobe's level then that's fine, but never did TMac have a Jordan-like season unless you're referring to Jordan's last few years of his career.

Last edited by UltimateDeron; 02-07-2011 at 04:59 PM.
UltimateDeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #27 (permalink)

How come you always have a one-sided view of things and make assumptions on how I view players? No, I do not just look at PPG. I like how you avoided his absolute best year when he avg 32ppg, 5.5ast, 6.5reb, 46%fg with nearly 2 steals and 1 blk, not to mention great defense. TMac was a playmaker and played on both sides of the court. Those my friend are similar(not exact) Jordan and Kobe season numbers and if you can't accept that then I will just consider you blind.

TMac is a first round choke artist but at his absolute best, he rivaled Jordan and Kobe.

Last edited by suki24; 02-07-2011 at 06:13 PM.
suki24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:13 PM   #28 (permalink)

To be honest I'm not a big fan of yOur list.

I would rather get rubio, Wesley Johnson, cousins, evans since he is havin a down year....but 20 5 5. Is monster. Then curry RCA since he will be the best player on the team. They just need to trade Ellis for the right pieces.
canuhandle23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
How come you always have a one-sided view of things and make assumptions on how I view players? No, I do not just look at PPG. I like how you avoided his absolute best year when he avg 32ppg, 5.5ast, 6.5reb, 46%fg with nearly 2 steals and 1 blk, not to mention great defense. TMac was a playmaker and played on both sides of the court. Those my friend are similar(not exact) Jordan and Kobe season numbers and if you can't accept that then I will just consider you blind.

TMac was a first round choke artist but at his absolute best, he rivaled Jordan and Kobe.

At there absolute best when where Kobe or Jordan ever refereed to as "First Round Choke Artist?"...LMFAO!

So based on that statement alone TMac was never on there level....I will agree with you that TMac has some Elite Years but never did he Play at a Championship Level like MJ or Kobe....

Last edited by pico04; 02-07-2011 at 06:18 PM.
pico04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #30 (permalink)

I think I should just say during regular season, because TMac is a career playoff choker. That's all I gotta say about TMac, but I respect him as a player during his elite years. I loved Penny Hardaway too.
suki24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:26 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
I think I should just say during regular season, because TMac is a career playoff choker. That's all I gotta say about TMac, but I respect him as a player during his elite years. I loved Penny Hardaway too.

I agree with you....I Love Me Some TMac & Penny!....But Jordan and Kobe are at there level because of what they have done in both the regular season and in the playoffs so I wouldn't compare anyone with out a few rings to them myself but I guess I see where you were going with it.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Let's not get carried away with him being the next TMac. Prime TMac was on Jordan and Kobe's level. Gordon would never reach their level, and I can say never confidently.
Lol @ the tmac comparison to Jordan and Kobe....

Back to Eric Gordon. He will be better than tmac in his prime. Mark my words! He is continuing to get stronger every year. When he attacks the rim no one can stop him. He gets in the paint at will! Has good defense. Has great range! Can get assists. Guy is nutzzz!!
Old 02-07-2011, 06:51 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakernation10 View Post
Lol @ the tmac comparison to Jordan and Kobe....

Back to Eric Gordon. He will be better than tmac in his prime. Mark my words! He is continuing to get stronger every year. When he attacks the rim no one can stop him. He gets in the paint at will! Has good defense. Has great range! Can get assists. Guy is nutzzz!!

I agree

Not only does EJ have The Potential to surpass TMac at his Prime but he also has something that Tmac never did....A Monster in The Post that will allow EJ to dissect a Defense that doesn't respect him or Blake.

God I hope that with in the next 2 Years The Clipps add the pieces necessary to allow these guys to be the badasses they can be....I hear Deron Williams is not happy in Utah....
Old 02-07-2011, 06:57 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pico04 View Post
God I hope that with in the next 2 Years The Clipps add the pieces necessary to allow these guys to be the badasses they can be....I hear Deron Williams is not happy in Utah....
I wish. Unfortunately I feel the Clippers are stuck with Baron Davis at the PG. I'd love to see Deron join up with EJ and Blake. That'd be scary!

...or since EJ and DRose are close friends how about EJ comes to Chi-Town and creates the best backcourt in basketball? Now THAT would be scary. The Bulls only weakness is SG. If they could somehow get EJ it would awesome

Last edited by UltimateDeron; 02-07-2011 at 06:59 PM.
UltimateDeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:14 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateDeron View Post
I wish. Unfortunately I feel the Clippers are stuck with Baron Davis at the PG. I'd love to see Deron join up with EJ and Blake. That'd be scary!

...or since EJ and DRose are close friends how about EJ comes to Chi-Town and creates the best backcourt in basketball? Now THAT would be scary. The Bulls only weakness is SG. If they could somehow get EJ it would awesome
I say EJ goes to Indiana and plays in his home town

This would be a sick lineup...

Darren Collison
Eric Gordon
Danny Granger
Roy Hibbert
Hansbrough/McRoberts

They would just sorta lack at the PF position..

Old 02-07-2011, 07:16 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:

I read something about B Diddy being moved to The Bobcats for Augustin, DeSagana Diop and Matt Carroll....I think LA needs to get rid of that HUGE Contract and get itself into a workable position to add some ELITE FREE AGENTS....Baron will only get worse and they dont need that when EJ & Blake are only getting better.

I wonder how much better the Bulls/DRose would be if Ben Gordon would have never left.... Rose/Gordon/Deng/Boozer/Noah ....That would be a Championship Contending Team for Sure!
Old 02-07-2011, 07:16 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
I say EJ goes to Indiana and plays in his home town

This would be a sick lineup...

Darren Collison
Eric Gordon
Danny Granger
Roy Hibbert
Hansbrough/McRoberts

They would just sorta lack at the PF position..

I've thought about that too and really hope that doesn't happen...lol

I would hope Eric would use better judgment and consider the fact that if he joined the Bulls they could win multiple championships with that young and loaded team. Yes, I just said that...
Old 02-07-2011, 07:17 PM   #38 (permalink)

this is the first time i heard of rubio but then again i havent really watched bkball for over 10 years. I did some search on him, when will he ever play in the nba?
Cheken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:20 PM   #39 (permalink)

How come Eric Gordon is referred to as "EJ"? Shouldn't it be "EG"?
Old 02-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmakkicx View Post
How come Eric Gordon is referred to as "EJ"? Shouldn't it be "EG"?
Eric Junior
Old 02-07-2011, 07:23 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
I wonder how much better the Bulls/DRose would be if Ben Gordon would have never left.... Rose/Gordon/Deng/Boozer/Noah ....That would be a Championship Contending Team for Sure!
I didn't really like the Ben Gordon/Rose backcourt. I feel that Ben would have stunted Derrick's growth as a player. It was fine for Derrick's rookie year, but now the team is going in a different direction in my opinion. Plus, as a Bulls fan I remember a few times in Rose's rookie year where BG would purposely not give the ball to Rose, so there could have been a jealous factor in there as well.

Ben Gordon is more of a chucker that wouldn't fit on this Bulls team. He was/is also a very streaky scorer and undersized for the SG position. Not to mention that he is also a defensive liability.

Now Eric Gordon on the other hand doesn't need the ball to score as he is a very good catch and shoot type player. He is a very efficient scorer, a good defender, and not undersized for the SG position. He is basically the perfect fit for the Bulls SG position. I guess one can dream
Old 02-07-2011, 07:24 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Eric Junior
Correct. His father is Eric Senior, so Eric likes to go by EJ for Eric Junior. I've probably answered this question over 100 times on various sites...haha!
Old 02-07-2011, 07:26 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
I've thought about that too and really hope that doesn't happen...lol

I would hope Eric would use better judgment and consider the fact that if he joined the Bulls they could win multiple championships with that young and loaded team. Yes, I just said that...
Indiana loves the kid. LOL. I'm sure he will consider it. I think i read an article about it of how Pacers want him on there team. LOL. But so does everyone else. That would be sick though. I'm sure EJ would love it!
Old 02-07-2011, 07:28 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Eric Gordon was the Son of Michael Jordan in Space Jam. NUFF SAID!
Old 02-07-2011, 07:30 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Eric Gordon was the Son of Michael Jordan in Space Jam. NUFF SAID!
Haha... Joking right, Jordan? It's been proven that it was a different Eric Gordon. I thought that for awhile too...lol
Old 02-07-2011, 07:33 PM   #46 (permalink)

ricky rubio
eric gordon
paul george
keith gallon
patchgenie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:34 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
I didn't really like the Ben Gordon/Rose backcourt. I feel that Ben would have stunted Derrick's growth as a player. It was fine for Derrick's rookie year, but now the team is going in a different direction in my opinion. Plus, as a Bulls fan I remember a few times in Rose's rookie year where BG would purposely not give the ball to Rose, so there could have been a jealous factor in there as well.

Ben Gordon is more of a chucker that wouldn't fit on this Bulls team. He was/is also a very streaky scorer and undersized for the SG position. Not to mention that he is also a defensive liability.

Now Eric Gordon on the other hand doesn't need the ball to score as he is a very good catch and shoot type player. He is a very efficient scorer, a good defender, and not undersized for the SG position. He is basically the perfect fit for the Bulls SG position. I guess one can dream

EJ > BG anyday....lol!

I just think that The Bulls would be Scary with Ben's ability to put up Big Numbers but they could be Elite with EJ's all around game.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:39 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Haha... Joking right, Jordan? It's been proven that it was a different Eric Gordon. I thought that for awhile too...lol
hahaha! Yeah I heard that he was and he wasn't. LOL! LOL! LOL!

Guess he really wasn't then
Old 02-07-2011, 07:47 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchgenie View Post
ricky rubio
eric gordon
paul george
keith gallon

I'll give you your Top 3 but your joking about Keith Gallon right?
Old 02-07-2011, 07:50 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
I'll give you your Top 3 but your joking about Keith Gallon right?
LMAO! I was thinking the same thing. 'Why is this guy on this list!?'