Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 05:50 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-FIELDS23 View Post
They aren't "screwing the direct accounts" at all from what I hear. Shops that have direct accounts with Panini will not be hurt by the rules IF they to into effect. Only websites that buy from distributors like Magazine-Exchange, Peach State Sports, etc. You have to have a brick and mortar shop to get direct account with Panini anways.

I could be wrong though and probably am, lol.
There are people like my supplier, who isn't an LCS but has a direct account in good standing, that would lose his account for no good reason IF they went through with this.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #27 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to J-FIELDS23 Send a message via Yahoo to J-FIELDS23

OOHHH, had no idea it was possible to get a direct account without being an LCS. It says on their direct account application that you "must have a shop". Oh well, thanks for the heads up!
Old 02-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
OOHHH, had no idea it was possible to get a direct account without being an LCS. It says on their direct account application that you "must have a shop". Oh well, thanks for the heads up!
Probably their new applications have that. He's had his account going back to Donruss days. He doesn't get a huge allocation like a distributor and actually has to supplement his pre-orders through a distributor but if the new rules went into effect, he'd lose his direct account even though he is always paid in full on his allocation and in good standing.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:11 PM   #29 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to bmc398

You'll notice one online retailer is playing by the rules and one isn't. This is basically Panini trying to artificially trump up the market on their products and mostly in reaction to the "dumping' or product this summer. They defintely want to give the upper hand back to the LCS but that market is so small its truly silly.

Their rules are pretty rediculous....online retailers can never drop prices of their product is what it comes down to. So when a product sucks or is riddled with redemptions the online guys cant dump on the retail front. Its silly and the guy who said they should focus on putting out GOOD products vs. who is selling them is dead on.

Im a big fan of Panini...but their football and hockey offerings were disgraceful. not because they were bad quality but because you couldnt open a box without pulling a redemption.
bmc398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc398 View Post
You'll notice one online retailer is playing by the rules and one isn't. This is basically Panini trying to artificially trump up the market on their products and mostly in reaction to the "dumping' or product this summer. They defintely want to give the upper hand back to the LCS but that market is so small its truly silly.

Their rules are pretty rediculous....online retailers can never drop prices of their product is what it comes down to. So when a product sucks or is riddled with redemptions the online guys cant dump on the retail front. Its silly and the guy who said they should focus on putting out GOOD products vs. who is selling them is dead on.
I think what they wanted to limit was product being dumped a week to ten days after release. LCS owners did a lot of complaining (and rightly so sometimes) when they see internet dealers selling cases or boxes at their cost or less from distributors. This happens a lot with broke internet dealers trying to get out of a product fast for money towards the next release. When there isn't much of a price difference between what they pay wholesale and what online dealers sell at "retail", that's a problem for LCS guys who are trying to make a living from their shops.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:01 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASNAR View Post
I am thinking that Panini should put more efforts into delivering a better product.... Not worry so much about HOW its delivered.
+1000.........

MUSEUM COLLECTION FRAME METAL
STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPH
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:19 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
I am thinking that Panini should put more efforts into delivering a better product.... Not worry so much about HOW its delivered.
+1 million
Old 02-14-2011, 01:40 PM   #33 (permalink)

Just found out that BO will not be hurt very much, if at all when/if the new rules ever go live. BO will still get Panini products and all of that good stuff, but they (BO) will no longer get Panini product on release date, it will be a week or so later.

That is coming from a distributor, not some random guy, so I guess we will just have to wait and see!
Old 02-14-2011, 07:05 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
AGREE !!
Hoopsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:13 PM   #35 (permalink)

They need to revise it to say

* Not allowed to pre-sell or offer any Panini boxes full of redemptions before official street date
Old 02-14-2011, 08:14 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I agree! Of course I love the BO prices, but what I love even more is going to the LCS and chillin with a bunch of other collectors so I can actually TALK and show off cards/trade/etc. Have live case breaks, pack wars, etc.

When I was younger going to the LCS was amazing, wish it was still that way and it COULD be that way. Hope the LCS comes storming back!
wait.. you have other collectors in the shop when you are there? what?! i was at my lcs bsing with him and i was there for about 1.5 hrs. and not one other person came in besides his business partner who was there already.
duckfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:17 PM   #37 (permalink)

Yup, I guess some shops are better than others!
Old 02-14-2011, 11:47 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
- Not allowed to pre-sell or offer any Panini product before official street date
Didn't know about this before. I remember they had those new "rules" of trying to restrict stuff last year but it didn't seem like anything was different.

Pre-selling is where a lot of money is made (Bowman Chrome *cough*). Things like that no doubt screwed a lot of shops. NT football is priced higher than usual (due to the strength of basketball) but I don't think cost changed. This makes no difference to Panini since they still get the same amount regardless of hype.
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:03 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
Pre-selling is where a lot of money is made

and what keeps most products from collapsing after release
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:42 AM   #40 (permalink)

As an economist, the no pre-sale rule makes no sense. You would think they would prefer pre-selling; it increases their cash-flow and allows them to save, or invest in other products. More LCS sales makes perfect sense, it will bring in more money to both them and the dealers.
zachlevy is offline   Reply With Quote