Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 01:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Cousins kicked off Sacramento team flight

DeMarcus Cousins was removed from the Kings' flight to Phoenix for Sunday's game, following a physical confrontation with Donte Greene in the locker room after Saturday's game, and his status for their three-game road trip is in doubt.
Earlier in the game, Greene passed the ball to Tyreke Evans for the last shot and Cousins, who was fairly covered, felt he should have gotten the ball. After arguing with Evans all the way through the tunnel, an altercation ensued in which punches were thrown by Cousins and Greene, and the absence of any punishment for Greene indicates that Cousins was the aggressor. Cousins has grown frustrated with Evans' decision-making with the ball, a point we won't argue with, though his delivery needs a lot of work. The call to suspend Cousins is GM Geoff Petrie's to make, and at the least he sounds very doubtful for Sunday's game
Old 02-13-2011, 01:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

in other news... the kings are about to get kicked out of sacramento! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

this kid needs a serious attitude readjustment. if he makes good decisions with the ball down the stretch of games, this would be barely understandable but 9 out of 10 times, he does something idiotic with it. i have endless clips of him doing something absolutely stupid down the stretch of games. he's seriously like a 15 year old the way he acts.
tupark82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

thats what everybody has said all along, about cousins,,,,,, HUGH potential but HUGE risk with his immaturity/youth/aggression. being a UK fan i like the kid, but come on man, enough already you are a ROOKIE not a ten year vet
nanners13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

This is why I don't follow the NBA for the most part. First you have a legend in Coaching for Utah (Lucas) run out of the League by a Punk as#@ player, now you have this situation of a guy that feels the team should revolve around him, and he will get a 1 game "sit-down". The NBA is a joke, the players run the league and the coaches are glorified baby sitters!
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

You mean Sloan
Old 02-13-2011, 03:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

DeMarcus Cousins is the new Derrick Coleman.
WillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 03:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
This is why I don't follow the NBA for the most part. First you have a legend in Coaching for Utah (Lucas) run out of the League by a Punk as#@ player, now you have this situation of a guy that feels the team should revolve around him, and he will get a 1 game "sit-down". The NBA is a joke, the players run the league and the coaches are glorified baby sitters!
all i got out of this is that you're just not a fan of the game. every sport has spoiled/glorified/jerk athletes that do dumb things. you couldn't even get the right name for the "legend coach" you speak of. lame.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecuh View Post
You mean Sloan
See I really don't follow basketball, but you know what I mean.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupark82 View Post
all i got out of this is that you're just not a fan of the game. every sport has spoiled/glorified/jerk athletes that do dumb things. you couldn't even get the right name for the "legend coach" you speak of. lame.
If you follow the major sports, nothing compares to the NBA as far as 'dumb things' ok LAME! that is what I speak of
Old 02-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
If you follow the major sports, nothing compares to the NBA as far as 'dumb things' ok LAME! that is what I speak of
u sure about this? baseball players get into it against their own managers and players all the time. cousins actions can't possibly be worse than some of the things a guy like carlos zambrano has done in his time with the cubs. there's brawls all the time in baseball where an entire team is allowed to run out to the field and cause chaos. some of them even chuck their helmets at each other. basketball players get suspended the moment they leave the bench. how about milton bradley? the guy tried to go after a BROADCASTER because he didn't like something that was said about him. can you imagine what they'd do to an nba player if something like that happened? fist fighting is literally a part of hockey, which never fails to amuse me. i saw a guy on the SIDELINE deliberately stick his foot out to trip a football player. there's countless number of dumb things that happen in every sport. it doesn't make sense to dislike a sport because of actions taken by certain individuals.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:26 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
The NFL says, "Hello!"
gamboooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:19 PM   #13 (permalink)

what a scrub!!! he just doesnt know how lucky he is to be a athlete and getting paid millions, sorry to say this but this guy will be a bust that no one will want, and probably will be the next derrick coleman that never fullfilled his potential
elchavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

GET DC the ball he's a monster and will win you games, Tyreke stop being like KOBE was when he was young, the big men win the rings for you....

Jordan was the exception to the rule...
BOWMANLORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:15 PM   #15 (permalink)

His ESPN photo says it all.
suki24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWMANLORD99 View Post
GET DC the ball he's a monster and will win you games, Tyreke stop being like KOBE was when he was young, the big men win the rings for you....

Jordan was the exception to the rule...
Why do you always disagree?

DC needs to stop being a baby about this stuff. He wasn't even that open.
jp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:11 AM   #17 (permalink)

in my opinion you get players frustrated by the situations they are in, sacramento is a team "FULL" of potential, it's obviously being coached/handled wrong. same thing with the jazz, you have people who get crazy money and are in positions of power that act equally as crazy as you consider the players to act, you just don't realize it because you are only see'in the players. the behavior is a trickle down theory from the non-sense that goes on all across the board, how would you feel if you were the one on the court constantly night in & night out working out, training, running, going hard, and you got it being messed up and not getting to it's highest level because of a 3 ring circus overtop of you management/coach wise.

I mean deron williams situation with sloan was over him wanting to work harder, become better, get the team to practice, etc. as a player that is one of the best if not the best point gaurd in the league, I'd definately have to agree with him on that, you got an old coach that's been there forever who is just kinda cruising, williams wants to win, probably the same thing with cousins.... it's a very bad situation when you get a guy like cousins making millions without the right coaches/management in place because if he see's them acting stupid, he is definately going to act up, 100%
Collecting Football: GENO SMITH / E.J. MANUEL / Giovani Bernard / Cordarrelle Patterson / Eddie Lacy / Andrew Luck / Russell Wilson Basketball: Michael Carter Williams / Bradley Beal / Blake Griffin / Paul George / Damian Lillard / WNBA: Skylar Diggins
Qwasian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:53 AM   #18 (permalink)

to me, Cousins is the most talented rookie this class, and sadly sigh doesnt seem like he'll pan out for a while, since he has the maturity of a 3-year-old. i keep wanting to load up on his RCs, but for ever 20-10 game he has, there's a story about how he's a problem to the Kings. imagine how good Sac could be with tyreke, cousins and whoever they draft next year. i mean 3 top-5 picks back-to-back-to-back would be solid (and cheap)
Old 02-14-2011, 03:35 PM   #19 (permalink)

Cousins has great talent, to bad he can't interact with humans. Not quite feeling the Coleman comparison; Cousins is still very young and immature. Big difference coming into the league at age 19 v. 23. Hopefully the next four years will allow Cousins to mature; we will have to wait and see. The main problem with the NBA is the average age of the rookie. These children have had more exposure to video games than life itself and it shows.

Too bad the NBA doesn't require these thugs....err athletes to actually go to school in college.
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote