Blowout Cards Forums
Re-Pack Attack

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2008, 03:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Which box should I buy?

So I have some money to spend and I have narrowed it down to basically two boxes I can choose from. Should I go with 08/09 Rookie Threads Basketball box or the 08/09 UD Premier Basketball box? If there are any boxes around this price that you think are better let me know as well. Thanks.
stalion2121 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalion2121 View Post
So I have some money to spend and I have narrowed it down to basically two boxes I can choose from. Should I go with 08/09 Rookie Threads Basketball box or the 08/09 UD Premier Basketball box? If there are any boxes around this price that you think are better let me know as well. Thanks.
I opened both from 07-08, including a ton of Premier .... def. go with Premier. I'm assuming it's the same (or close to the same) as last years. Last year supposedly you got an "A" level auto one every 3 boxes. I must have opened close to 10 boxes of Premier, and got the following:

Jordan auto /50
Kobe auto /50
Kobe auto /25
Magic auto /32
Russell auto /5

Along with McGrady, Yao, Horford, Nash, basically tons of stars. It was mighty impressive, but the boxes were close to $350 each at the time. Rookie threads at $250 is so much worse. Good luck!
obzezzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

thats basically what most people have told me. I dont know if there are any other boxes that would be better choices or not.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

200.+ for any basketball product is too much....But that's just what I think. Value isn't there and if you hold off for about a month or two after release you could probably get them for well under 200. a box. It doesn't seem like the pre-sell prices are holding up too well on basketball.
thebear29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to runepcc03

I don't know that this year's Premier will be quite as loaded as last year's. Upper Deck basically saw the basketball card market crumbling so they had to do something to revive it. It started with Black then they threw the knockout punch with Premier. I wouldn't be surprised to see sticker autos (which there are in all the other sports but not basketball), and less Jordan/Kobe/LeBron autos.
runepcc03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 04:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

So if you had a choice for some basketball boxes to buy which ones would you buy???
Old 11-13-2008, 05:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

I can't believe we are still seeing this question month after month, year after year. Look at the products and pick one!
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is online now   Reply With Quote