Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 02:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default NCAA Basketball

Well it's my favorite time of year...College football is going strong, and the start of the Basketball season....Seven Big East teams in the top 25, absolutely crazy....Who will be player of the year??....Any National Championship predictions??....Player of the year???....Who will be this years Cinderella???

I hope to put WVU 2008-2009 Big East Basketball Champions on my tag!!!!!!! They will have a rough road but we will see!!!
thebear29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

UNC all the way and i hate them.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear29 View Post
Well it's my favorite time of year...College football is going strong, and the start of the Basketball season....Seven Big East teams in the top 25, absolutely crazy....Who will be player of the year??....Any National Championship predictions??....Player of the year???....Who will be this years Cinderella???

I hope to put WVU 2008-2009 Big East Basketball Champions on my tag!!!!!!! They will have a rough road but we will see!!!
your right bear have to go through the cardinals
bigroger1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger1980 View Post
your right bear have to go through the cardinals
Every Big East game will be a battle, I can handle a loss to Louisville, but never to Pitt. I predict 8 teams from the conference will get a tournament spot.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebear29 View Post
Every Big East game will be a battle, I can handle a loss to Louisville, but never to Pitt. I predict 8 teams from the conference will get a tournament spot.
Well prepare to have a bad couple of days after you play Pitt

I don't buy into L'ville just yet, or UConn for that matter. All I care about is that Syracuse is going to be ass again this year.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Well I think you can guess who I'm rooting for...UK

Tough night so far for us...They had better comeback against VMI or Tuesday vs UNC is going to be ugly.

I think UNC but I'm clueless at this point to whose really good this season besides them.

Collecting Brandon Phillips, Barry Larkin and Jesse Winker
Bigblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 01:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Well prepare to have a bad couple of days after you play Pitt

I don't buy into L'ville just yet, or UConn for that matter. All I care about is that Syracuse is going to be ass again this year.
Pskell...I know you will have to be nervous about those games....Your Panthers will be favored and well when the Brawl begins it's usually the favored team to fall....I hate being favored when it comes to playing Pitt...It will definately be fun...
Old 11-15-2008, 02:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'll add to the Big East mix.....as I am a HUGE Hoya fan. They lost some guys, but they've got a potentially great class in this year with some good players remaining. I do agree that the BE is going to be a WAR zone this year. Whatever team wins the league this year will have really earned it. I'm not buying into the UConn hype yet either--I can see Louisville and Pitt both being really tough though. I'm hoping my Hoyas will surprise some people--they actually are getting decent rankings in the national poll, but come out about 7th in the BE....that tells a lot about the league. And as PSkell said....as long as Syracuse loses a bunch of games, it will be a good season!

As far as the rest of the college basketball world, it is really hard to pick against UNC, although I don't really like them much either.
Highlander23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 06:06 PM   #9 (permalink)

Arizona, with their amazing recruits, great coach and stellar team coming back will win it...um, wait; no coach, recruits playing overseas and the stellar team went one and done. So for the first time since I have been a fan of college basketball, my team is in transition (nice way to put complete and utter chaos). UNC certainly looks to be the favorite, but when does the preseason favorite ever win? That is why we play the game, and that is why we love the game, it is fun and unpredictable. So I will cheer this year for Arizona, even if they have no hope, and I will cheer as well for every underdog, because I love the unpredictable chaos of College Basketball.
no-whammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 06:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

Champs - UCLA; Player of the Year - Stephen Curry b/c his numbers will be inflated by weak conference...they do play @ Duke so it will show what kind of player he is

Checkoutmycards ID: kelleys1
kelleys1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:40 PM   #11 (permalink)

Get ready for the runnin rebels.. U.N.L.V. already smack down san deigo. whos next..
nstag8r6982 is offline   Reply With Quote