Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #526 (permalink)
Member
 
Craig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ridgeway, ON
Posts: 1,446
Default

Picked up a couple more this week, leaving me one short in this set since I still need the Bob Cousy. It's not a high-end set, but I think it looks cool as a set and I like the on-card autos:

The best photos and videos | Photobucket
Craig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #527 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 1,461
Default

I was messing around on the bay and took a flyer on this card. I didn't think that I had a chance of winning since I only put in a minimum bid but was pleasently surprised when I won.

2011 Crown Royale Bailey Howell Auto SP 46 74 | eBay
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:34 AM   #528 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 1,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Picked up a couple more this week, leaving me one short in this set since I still need the Bob Cousy. It's not a high-end set, but I think it looks cool as a set and I like the on-card autos:

The best photos and videos | Photobucket

Yeah I am working on that set as well. It's a pretty fun set to collect and a lot of the cards can be had pretty reasonably.
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #529 (permalink)
Member
 
Craig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ridgeway, ON
Posts: 1,446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
Yeah I am working on that set as well. It's a pretty fun set to collect and a lot of the cards can be had pretty reasonably.
I agree. Outside of the big guns, the prices are very reasonable. Hopefully that Cousy turns up!

If you need Cowens or Unseld, I have doubles of them. I'd be happy to sell, or to trade them for other HOF autos.
Craig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:09 AM   #530 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 1,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
I agree. Outside of the big guns, the prices are very reasonable. Hopefully that Cousy turns up!

If you need Cowens or Unseld, I have doubles of them. I'd be happy to sell, or to trade them for other HOF autos.
We might be able to do something on that. Send me a PM.
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #531 (permalink)
Member
 
HOF_Collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 296
Default

Nice buy on the Howell. Can't beat a HOFer for $1.99. Congrats.
__________________
Looking for basketball HOF autos and St. Louis Cardinals.

Photobucket:http://s662.beta.photobucket.com/user/Hof_collector_15/profile/
HOF_Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #532 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 1,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF_Collector View Post
Nice buy on the Howell. Can't beat a HOFer for $1.99. Congrats.
Thanks. You never know what you may end up when you take a flyer on the bay.
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #533 (permalink)
Member
 
thepinoymamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,631
Default

It would be easier to just get a ttms to these hall of famers . Its more fun too. Than to paying lot$ of $$$
For it.
But if you have the means. Its a must for a basketball collectors.
Especially wilt chamberlain.
Just call HoF if you could send cards to be forwarded. Its easy as that.
__________________


Kobe Anthology SET
thepinoymamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #534 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 1,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinoymamba View Post
It would be easier to just get a ttms to these hall of famers . Its more fun too. Than to paying lot$ of $$$
For it.
But if you have the means. Its a must for a basketball collectors.
Especially wilt chamberlain.
Just call HoF if you could send cards to be forwarded. Its easy as that.
I like to use all means to obtain autos. IP/TTM/and purchasing/trading for certified cards. Each have their advantages and disadvantages but getting autos IP at games is by far my favorite way.
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #535 (permalink)
Member
 
thepinoymamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,631
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
I like to use all means to obtain autos. IP/TTM/and purchasing/trading for certified cards. Each have their advantages and disadvantages but getting autos IP at games is by far my favorite way.
I agree. That would definitely be the best. You get to meet them are even more amazing!
__________________


Kobe Anthology SET
thepinoymamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #536 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 1,461
Default

I'm headed to the Hawks vs Golden State game this weekend. Hopefully I can luck up and get Dominique's auto IP.
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #537 (permalink)
Member
 
SPauthentic84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 5,982
Default

Just read through this...still my favorite thread
__________________
*Photobucket: let me know if you like anything. http://s1114.photobucket.com/user/Marsili84/library/Harder%20To%20Get%20Stuff?sort=4&page=1

*Looking for Pistol Pete Maravich Autographs or other rare HOFers
SPauthentic84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #538 (permalink)
Member
 
Sutantoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPauthentic84 View Post
Just read through this...still my favorite thread
Where is Gio ?
__________________
www.photobucket.com/sutantoj
Sutantoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #539 (permalink)
Member
 
WillC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 6,757
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPauthentic84 View Post
Just read through this...still my favorite thread
I read through every single page of this thread a few days ago too I wish all my old scans still worked; I tended to upload photos before I received the cards, then I'd take new scans and delete the old ones. So a lot of my posts look empty.

Some great cards in this thread.
WillC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #540 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 1,461
Default

I got a Dominique IP sig the other day but he ran with some kid's red sharpie and the auto didn't show up that well on the card. Hopefully he will be in a good mood again the next time I go to the hawks game.

Last edited by mrveggieman; 03-12-2013 at 02:43 PM. Reason: recently discovered typo
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #541 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 12,282
Default

Haven't bought a card in a while.... First card of 2013! Btw, Happy New Year!

Great to have a Howard Cann autograph again. I had spotted a different 1/1 of his on ebay, asked the seller how much he wanted, and he told me $90 BIN would do it. So I jumped all over it. Then I receive an offer on that card for $600! I just couldn't refuse as it wasn't really a main PC for me in one of my important sets... but just another addition to the HOF auto PC, which is one of my pretty important focuses, but I figured I could always add another some day to replace. And I did! Best part? Only $15 BIN!!!!!

What do you think?





Glad I was able to add another 1/1 to the PC, especially after selling off the other.

So how as everybody been? What's new with your collections? I will look through this thread to see what i've missed...
__________________
Collecting: 76ers | NBA 50 Greatest GU | Elgin Baylor | Steve Francis 1999-00 year ONLY

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #542 (permalink)
Member
 
nissandriver77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Haven't bought a card in a while.... First card of 2013! Btw, Happy New Year!

Great to have a Howard Cann autograph again. I had spotted a different 1/1 of his on ebay, asked the seller how much he wanted, and he told me $90 BIN would do it. So I jumped all over it. Then I receive an offer on that card for $600! I just couldn't refuse as it wasn't really a main PC for me in one of my important sets... but just another addition to the HOF auto PC, which is one of my pretty important focuses, but I figured I could always add another some day to replace. And I did! Best part? Only $15 BIN!!!!!

What do you think?





Glad I was able to add another 1/1 to the PC, especially after selling off the other.

So how as everybody been? What's new with your collections? I will look through this thread to see what i've missed...
Hey Brother your back , Good to see you posting again !!!

Sweet card to add to the already awesome PC .
__________________
Wow with the show ponies in this hobby!!!
nissandriver77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #543 (permalink)
Member
 
bullrose23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: brooklyn n,y
Posts: 1,766
Default

here are a few of mine dont really collect hall of fame ,but 50 greatest and some of my favorite players who did not make the cut but are in the hall











__________________

collecting ALL CHICAGO BULLS/50 greatest/Kevin Love
bullrose23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #544 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 1,461
Default

I picked up a few today:

2011 12 Panini Preferred Bailey Howell Auto 74 RARE Celtics | eBay

2012 Leaf Best of Basketball Harry Gallitin Auto HOF | eBay

2012 Leaf Best of Basketball Artis Gilmore Auto Autograph | eBay

Sorry guys the Bailey is for the PC and the other two are going to my momma as an birthday present for her HOF PC.

Last edited by mrveggieman; 01-08-2013 at 02:58 PM.
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #545 (permalink)
Member
 
WillC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 6,757
Default

Did your mother watch basketball when she was younger? Did she see Gallatin, etc?
WillC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #546 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 1,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
Did your mother watch basketball when she was younger? Did she see Gallatin, etc?

She watched during the 1960s and 1970s when Russell, Wilt, Bob Cousy, Havlecek played. I don't think that she remembers Gallatin because I never heard her talk about him. However she is collecting all HOFers even the ones that she never heard about.
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #547 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 1,461
Default

I got a couple more that I am bidding on. One of them is ending shortly. I will post once I win.
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #548 (permalink)
Member
 
HOF_Collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 296
Default

Was actually able to get to a card shop and picked up these 2 for $8 a piece. Was more than pleased with the price.



They also had a Mullin auto 3 color patch for $45. I wanted so bad to pull the trigger but thought it was a little high for a Mullin auto. But now that I think about it it was probably a good price with the 3 colors.

Anyway you may have already seen these in the box breaks section but thought I'd add them here. Thanks for looking.
__________________
Looking for basketball HOF autos and St. Louis Cardinals.

Photobucket:http://s662.beta.photobucket.com/user/Hof_collector_15/profile/
HOF_Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #549 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 1,461
Default

Wow great pickups!!
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:21 AM   #550 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 1,461
Default

Another addition to the fam. There's more where that came from.

12 13 Prizm Harry Gallatin Auto Card | eBay
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
autographs, hall of fame, hof, legends, nba 50 greatest

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.