Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #51 (permalink)

new guys "locks" for 75th team
off hand going from oh
garnett in the 95 draft..
96 kobe iverson nash
97 duncan
98 dirk
03 lebron wade
04 dwight howard
05 on to early to tell

i collect basketball patch cards..
bettydaw1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:01 PM   #52 (permalink)

Picked this up a few days ago.

Arad A. McCutchan/6

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #53 (permalink)

Just got back from vacation last night, and this is what I was able to pick up on ebay while there

Sam Jones/10

Panini is doing a real good job of making patch cards of HOF players that never had one... This will fit right in with my HOF autos or patch PC's

Have you guys picked up anything new?

Old 08-13-2011, 03:12 PM   #54 (permalink)

That's a great patch of Sam Jones. It's impossible to tell, but it might be the bottom of the 'N' in his surname or something. It's actually a nice looking card too (I'm not a fan of this year's NT due to the brown colours but it looks ok on this particular card).
WillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 03:20 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
That's a great patch of Sam Jones. It's impossible to tell, but it might be the bottom of the 'N' in his surname or something. It's actually a nice looking card too (I'm not a fan of this year's NT due to the brown colours but it looks ok on this particular card).
Thanks Will.

It actually makes the most sense cause I don't see it coming from the other letters, so it's most likely it, but who knows... Thanks for that observation though

I've seen better designs but this one doesn't look to0 bad to me, but hopefully it looks better in person. To be honest, if the design was horrible, I would have probably still bought it because this is one of his very first GU cards out there

Since I can't afford this product, I think I got a pretty good deal on this single. I would hate to spend the money and then get common players...

Old 08-13-2011, 09:36 PM   #56 (permalink)

Love the card Gio. I thought about picking it up myself. Panini is really starting to bother me though with their overproduction of cards. I have a feeling we will be seeing Sam Jones prime cards in 4 or 5 releases next year driving down the prices. I paid a fair sum for my Paul Endacott auto last year and now they but 30 cuts out in this year's National Treasures driving down the price.

Dont get me wrong, I want more people to be able to get autos of these legends, but Panini is really watering down the value/rarity of some of these cards.

J
DrJ Converse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #57 (permalink)

I was very happy to find this thread, thanks for the posting it. One of my long term collecting goals is to put together autos of every member on the NBA's 50 Greatest list. I would love to be able to have all 50 be certified inserted into pack autos, but I don't know how long it will be until I will have that kind of money to spend. Guys like Barkley, Maravich, and Chamberlain may have to be added via PSA/DNA certified cuts. Either way I will have all 50 eventually Anyway, I figured I would share who I have so far. Thanks!

50 Greatest auto pc nft nfs pictures by venerando407 - Photobucket

I recently added an 09/10 Panini Hof Earl Monroe Famed Signatures as well, just haven't had the time to add a pic into the album yet
Vinny407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:34 PM   #58 (permalink)

Hey Vinny,

nice cards so far man.. Good luck on the rest... It's a very interesting and fun set to complete..

I dont want to hack this thread but maybe we should also add Top Fifty Payers Rookie cards as well ;-) kinda keep the thread going
15ncounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 08:37 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Thanks Will.

It actually makes the most sense cause I don't see it coming from the other letters, so it's most likely it, but who knows... Thanks for that observation though

I've seen better designs but this one doesn't look to0 bad to me, but hopefully it looks better in person. To be honest, if the design was horrible, I would have probably still bought it because this is one of his very first GU cards out there

Since I can't afford this product, I think I got a pretty good deal on this single. I would hate to spend the money and then get common players...
Actually Gio,

thats one of the best patch auto sets ive seen in quite some time.. love the patch - looks super old school - you know - when players used their jerseys probably for the entire season..
15ncounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:20 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny407 View Post
I was very happy to find this thread, thanks for the posting it. One of my long term collecting goals is to put together autos of every member on the NBA's 50 Greatest list. I would love to be able to have all 50 be certified inserted into pack autos, but I don't know how long it will be until I will have that kind of money to spend. Guys like Barkley, Maravich, and Chamberlain may have to be added via PSA/DNA certified cuts. Either way I will have all 50 eventually Anyway, I figured I would share who I have so far. Thanks!

50 Greatest auto pc nft nfs pictures by venerando407 - Photobucket

I recently added an 09/10 Panini Hof Earl Monroe Famed Signatures as well, just haven't had the time to add a pic into the album yet
Very nice start to your set.

I took the same approach and just got PSA/DNA versions of Wilt, Barkley, and Pistol Pete. The certified autos are just to pricey, plus I got to imagine Barkley will sign again at some point in time.

Here is my completed 50 greatest set...

NBA 50 Greatest Autographs pictures by DrJConverse - Photobucket

Now that I am done, I am trying to upgrade with patch/inscription versions whenever possible, making this an ongoing effort.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:53 PM   #61 (permalink)

Just Added this Elgin Baylor Patch Auto. I think I got a decent price too...

Last edited by DrJ Converse; 02-18-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:36 AM   #62 (permalink)

I think I saw that card listed at $200 BIN/OBO? It's a real beauty.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:11 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
I think I saw that card listed at $200 BIN/OBO? It's a real beauty.
I got it on auction for under $80. Some of the first patches to hit the bay went for 125+.

Last edited by DrJ Converse; 08-16-2011 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #64 (permalink)

That's a bargain IMO.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:10 PM   #65 (permalink)

Sorry guys, I haven't been on in a few days been real busy...

Justin - Thanks. Yeah definitely, there's nothing stopping them from making more Sam Jones prime cards. Now that they have his jersey there should be pleanty more to come... I know what you mean with the Paul Cut card. I wanted that card when it hit ebay and thought they wouldn't make anymore, but now 30 more! But to be honest, I like the design on your card better then this newest design. Nice Baylor patch auto man, really nice and the price was a steal imo. I paid a bit more for the Jones, but I also think that was a steal. I guess people know that there will be more to come so they're not going crazy bidding...

Vinny - Welcome! Glad that you enjoy this thread and hope to see you here more often... Thanks for sharing your cards man, you inspire me further to work on my 50 Greatest PC. I checked out your cards, very nice! Good luck getting the rest you need. I'm not sure how many I have because I stopped for a while and only recently got back into it, so I need to track them all down, they're all over the place lol. Once I round them up I will do a count and see what doubles I can help you out with.

Joe - Thanks. I actually just got the card in the mail today and let me tell ya. It looks really old school I couldn't really see it from the pic but the patch is dirty!!! Really pleased with the patch and the card design definitely looks better in person! Looks like some kind of Exquisite card. Any new pickups for you lately? Would love to see what you got going when you get the chance. to post some pics maybe

Last edited by SportsItUpCards; 08-16-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:16 AM   #66 (permalink)

Latest pickup...

Everett S. Dean/18

Old 08-17-2011, 01:15 AM   #67 (permalink)

No doubt BDRR has a HOF collection worthy of legendary forum talk.

Luckily before he passed, Wooden was a frequent IP/Mail signer. There are lots out there. Just have to get people to let go....
Old 08-17-2011, 01:47 AM   #68 (permalink)

Here are a couple HOF beauties you guys would appreciate..

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/fivenoeitalls/
sdsportsfan1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:17 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77ncaachamps View Post
No doubt BDRR has a HOF collection worthy of legendary forum talk.

Luckily before he passed, Wooden was a frequent IP/Mail signer. There are lots out there. Just have to get people to let go....
Is there a link to a photobucket or something for his collection? Would enjoy it very much to see it Thanks

Old 08-17-2011, 03:20 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsportsfan1214 View Post
Here are a couple HOF beauties you guys would appreciate..

Niiiiiice!!! Very pretty cards right there

Patrick Ewing is a very rare auto to get and you have two!!

Thanks for sharing and hope to see more from your collection...

Old 08-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #71 (permalink)

Just saw some of those ewing's hit the market. Very nice cards and I did not realize he was signing for 07/08 products. Maybe the redemptions just finally came in.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:19 PM   #72 (permalink)

Picked up a Jerry West for my collection, very excited about this one! I previously had the 1999-00 Retro Inkredible which I sold a while back, but now this baby is here to stay...

I like to tell myself I got a good deal at 70 bucks since this card sold for $325!!!

2010/11 PANINI GOLD STANDARD JERRY WEST AUTO 10/10 | eBay

I know the above card is numbered to only 10 while mine is /25 but I used that card as an example because it's the same picture using the old style jersey...

Anyway, I probably paid a little more than I wanted but i'm happy with it because of the nice pic of the old school jersey. Btw, the seller is a great guy and actually took $30 off of his $100 BIN!

Here is my baby.

Jerry West/25

And just for fun... Check out what I lost at auction

MAURICE STOKES!!! I put in the bid at $450 the last seconds of the auction and it didn't even go through and said need to place higher bid... Too late I had lost it forever! Oh well...

1957 Topps Card Cancelled Check Maurice Stokes ROYALS | eBay

Anyway, I thought this thread can use some good eye candy, so there it is folks, a Maurice Stokes signed check from his 1952 Topps cards out of all things!!

My plan was to buy it and hopefully find a person that could do a custom Cut card, or who knows, maybe in the near future the card companies will give customers an option for custom Cut cards? I sure hope Panini bought it and will make a Cut out of it...

Last edited by SportsItUpCards; 08-18-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:10 PM   #73 (permalink)

i feel the same way about that west and stokes as Tuco does about this meth..
Tuco Breaking Bad Clip (tight tight tight) - YouTube

i collect basketball patch cards..
bettydaw1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:41 AM   #74 (permalink)

Not sure what to make of that video... but thanks! lol

Old 08-20-2011, 02:04 AM   #75 (permalink)

really like this card but gonna have to get rid of it to make up some funds.....

I collect Steve Nash and other high end RCs and AUTOS of various players/HOFers
http://s767.photobucket.com/user/jbarnett83/library/?sort=3&page=0
jbarnett83 is offline   Reply With Quote