Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #751 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mountain View, CA
Posts: 247
Default

And another new name for the PC:


Which completes this:

























Still need to upgrade a few, but I've finally got all 50
iwantedapeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #752 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 12,216
Default

Only one thing comes to mind....

DAMN!

Damn! Montage - YouTube

You have earned the coveted youtube link! ^^^^

Congratulations!
__________________
Collecting: 76ers | NBA 50 Greatest GU | Elgin Baylor | Steve Francis 1999-00 year ONLY

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #753 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 161
Default

WOW!!! Some of the greatest cards I've ever seen.

Welcome to the Hall of BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
BigZigBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #754 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 1,429
Default

Sweet pickups. I don't have that much coming in but I did pick up these:

2009 10 Carol Blazejowski Panini Hall of Fame Signatures on Card Auto 899 | eBay

2007 Press Pass Legends Rick Barry Saturday Signatures Auto SGC 96 Mint Miami U | eBay

I will consider trade offers for the Blaze once I get it.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/atlcardcollector
https://twitter.com/bbra9027
http://instagram.com/theautographwhore
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #755 (permalink)
Member
 
bjho852's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 968
Default

Probably I overpaid for it, and some of you probably have multiple cards already.
But still, at the time that I have this in hand, I feel stunned (in a positive way of course)....my first MJ autograph card in Bulls uniform.



Hopefully, I will be able to obtain more in the future.
__________________
Currently collecting (basketball only)
- SkyBox Premium/Fleer Autographics (1996-97 to 2000-01)
- Stadium Club Co-Signers (1997-98, 1998-99), Topps Autographs (1997-98 to 1999-00)
- HOF on-card autographs, and anything that catches my eyes

Last edited by bjho852; 03-28-2013 at 09:57 PM.
bjho852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:01 PM   #756 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 12,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
Sweet pickups. I don't have that much coming in but I did pick up these:

2009 10 Carol Blazejowski Panini Hall of Fame Signatures on Card Auto 899 | eBay

2007 Press Pass Legends Rick Barry Saturday Signatures Auto SGC 96 Mint Miami U | eBay

I will consider trade offers for the Blaze once I get it.
Nice pickups!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjho852 View Post
Probably I overpaid for it, and some of you probably have multiple cards already.
But still, at the time that I have this in hand, I feel stunned (in a positive way of course)....my first MJ autograph card in Bulls uniform.

Hopefully, I will be able to obtain more in the future.
Congrats! I still don't have a Jordan auto... one day. Thanks for sharing it, and congrats again.
__________________
Collecting: 76ers | NBA 50 Greatest GU | Elgin Baylor | Steve Francis 1999-00 year ONLY

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #757 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 12,216
Default

Check this out.... not mine. Just saw it on ebay. I've never seen this card before, and I don't think i've ever seen his auto so shaky. Could it be one of the very last autpgraphs he signed? I'm pretty sure there were others after this, but this one looks so shaky, and i've never seen this card to begin with, must be super rare.

__________________
Collecting: 76ers | NBA 50 Greatest GU | Elgin Baylor | Steve Francis 1999-00 year ONLY

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:00 PM   #758 (permalink)
Member
 
arkania13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jepara - Indonesia
Posts: 115
Default

Yep, that wooden signature look shaky.. The Old man must be very tired at that time.. I believe he signs so many cards that day.
I heard that Mr Wooden was a good signer for fans. It is true ? I see many his IP auto was pop-up on ebay every month, but never saw the shaky version.
__________________
Current Project :
Collecting SHAWN KEMP (Only in Sonic 40 uni) and Vintage Basketball Cards
I HAVE USA RESIDENCE ADDRESS AT BOSTON !
arkania13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:08 AM   #759 (permalink)
Member
 
arkania13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jepara - Indonesia
Posts: 115
Default

BUMP ..
__________________
Current Project :
Collecting SHAWN KEMP (Only in Sonic 40 uni) and Vintage Basketball Cards
I HAVE USA RESIDENCE ADDRESS AT BOSTON !
arkania13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:18 AM   #760 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 898
Default

Deceased HOFer Arnie Risen 1948 Bowman rookie auto PSA/DNA


hazenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #761 (permalink)
Member
 
bjho852's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 968
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkania13 View Post
Yep, that wooden signature look shaky.. The Old man must be very tired at that time.. I believe he signs so many cards that day.
I heard that Mr Wooden was a good signer for fans. It is true ? I see many his IP auto was pop-up on ebay every month, but never saw the shaky version.
Although I never get one in person myself, yes it's true. He's even willing to sign multiple items when asked.
__________________
Currently collecting (basketball only)
- SkyBox Premium/Fleer Autographics (1996-97 to 2000-01)
- Stadium Club Co-Signers (1997-98, 1998-99), Topps Autographs (1997-98 to 1999-00)
- HOF on-card autographs, and anything that catches my eyes
bjho852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #762 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 1,429
Default

Here's my latest pickup of HOF C/O 2013 inductee Mr. Spencer Haywood:

JCX 2012 13 Panini Contenders Spencer Haywood 12 Historic Auto 149 Knicks | eBay
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/atlcardcollector
https://twitter.com/bbra9027
http://instagram.com/theautographwhore
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #763 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 1,429
Default

I used my ebay rewards bucks to pick up this beauty:

2009 10 Panini Hall of Fame Cynthia Cooper Famed Signatures Auto 195 499 HOF | eBay

What do you think?
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/atlcardcollector
https://twitter.com/bbra9027
http://instagram.com/theautographwhore
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #764 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 12,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
I used my ebay rewards bucks to pick up this beauty:

2009 10 Panini Hall of Fame Cynthia Cooper Famed Signatures Auto 195 499 HOF | eBay

What do you think?
Very nice! Getting it for free is even better!

I really like the look of that set, very nicely done by Panini.
__________________
Collecting: 76ers | NBA 50 Greatest GU | Elgin Baylor | Steve Francis 1999-00 year ONLY

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #765 (permalink)
Member
 
bjho852's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 968
Default

Nice Cynthia Cooper autograph card, and that makes me wonder......should I use my eBay Bucks to get one too? Or save it for something better?
There are no female HOFer cards in my collection, so I am leaning toward getting one, but is far from being sure.
__________________
Currently collecting (basketball only)
- SkyBox Premium/Fleer Autographics (1996-97 to 2000-01)
- Stadium Club Co-Signers (1997-98, 1998-99), Topps Autographs (1997-98 to 1999-00)
- HOF on-card autographs, and anything that catches my eyes
bjho852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #766 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 1,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjho852 View Post
Nice Cynthia Cooper autograph card, and that makes me wonder......should I use my eBay Bucks to get one too? Or save it for something better?
There are no female HOFer cards in my collection, so I am leaning toward getting one, but is far from being sure.


Go for it or if you want I got Carol Blazejowski from the same set fs/ft.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/atlcardcollector
https://twitter.com/bbra9027
http://instagram.com/theautographwhore
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #767 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mountain View, CA
Posts: 247
Default

One of the newer inductees:
iwantedapeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #768 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 12,216
Default

Very nice Reggie! I love the look of these cards... I bet they're even sweeter in person.
__________________
Collecting: 76ers | NBA 50 Greatest GU | Elgin Baylor | Steve Francis 1999-00 year ONLY

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:33 AM   #769 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mountain View, CA
Posts: 247
Default

And from the new class:




Last edited by iwantedapeanut; 04-06-2013 at 09:30 PM.
iwantedapeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #770 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 1,429
Default

I went to the final four fan fest this past weekend in Atlanta and did pretty well. Despite one of the security guards acting like a pure jack @$$ I got a bunch of football and basketball autos. My basketball HOFers include Elgin Baylor, Dick Vitale, Dominique, Bill Walton and future HOFer Gary Williams. All of my autos came out well except for my AJ Green auto that was ruined by the security guard. He was a complete tool.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/atlcardcollector
https://twitter.com/bbra9027
http://instagram.com/theautographwhore
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #771 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 12,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
I went to the final four fan fest this past weekend in Atlanta and did pretty well. Despite one of the security guards acting like a pure jack @$$ I got a bunch of football and basketball autos. My basketball HOFers include Elgin Baylor, Dick Vitale, Dominique, Bill Walton and future HOFer Gary Williams. All of my autos came out well except for my AJ Green auto that was ruined by the security guard. He was a complete tool.
Nice! How was Elgin Baylor is person, did he say anything to you, was he friendly? I hope to see him one day to get an autograph. Do you have pictures of your cards?

Great cards above by the way!
__________________
Collecting: 76ers | NBA 50 Greatest GU | Elgin Baylor | Steve Francis 1999-00 year ONLY

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #772 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 1,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Nice! How was Elgin Baylor is person, did he say anything to you, was he friendly? I hope to see him one day to get an autograph. Do you have pictures of your cards?

Great cards above by the way!
Yeah Elgin was cool. He would have signed anything that you asked him too but the idiot security guard would only allow him to sign the 5x7 that the show provided for him. I don't have any pics right now but once I my new smart phone arrives which should hopefully be within the week I will be posting a youtube recap.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/atlcardcollector
https://twitter.com/bbra9027
http://instagram.com/theautographwhore
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #773 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 12,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
Yeah Elgin was cool. He would have signed anything that you asked him too but the idiot security guard would only allow him to sign the 5x7 that the show provided for him. I don't have any pics right now but once I my new smart phone arrives which should hopefully be within the week I will be posting a youtube recap.
Like player like collector.....

Oh wow, hate when that happens! They can't mind their own business and just do their job and protect the person. But yeah man, no rush... if you ever post a pic that would be great.
__________________
Collecting: 76ers | NBA 50 Greatest GU | Elgin Baylor | Steve Francis 1999-00 year ONLY

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:45 AM   #774 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 1,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Like player like collector.....

Oh wow, hate when that happens! They can't mind their own business and just do their job and protect the person. But yeah man, no rush... if you ever post a pic that would be great.

Will do. If I ever decide to trade the Baylor you will get first dibs.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/atlcardcollector
https://twitter.com/bbra9027
http://instagram.com/theautographwhore
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #775 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 1,429
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
My latest pickups:

2008 09 Topps David Thompson Auto Nuggets BDCC | eBay

2008 09 Topps Signature Autographs Spencer Haywood Auto 1179 Seattle Sonics | eBay

If Haywood does not get in the hall this year there dosen't need to be a HOF.
Unfortunately Haywood was given some bad information and will not be elected to the hall this year. He is still a HOFer in my book and I will continue to collect his autos.

Y! SPORTS
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/atlcardcollector
https://twitter.com/bbra9027
http://instagram.com/theautographwhore
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
autographs, hall of fame, hof, legends, nba 50 greatest

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.