Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Default Hardwood question Im mixed up

Alright, so they only made like 500 10 box cases of this stuff which is fine. I bought one box yesterday and noticed there are 2 different poses for the rookies and both are numbered to 2009. A quick math lesson and you can see that would be a ton of rookies out there and more rookies than product. Or and I just not getting it? Which is quit possible.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

They loaded it with RC's. You figure 1 per pack, 50 x 2009 = 100,450 (which divided by 15 packs gives you 5580 boxes, or 558 cases)....I think I heard only 513 cases where produced (or 573..something like that)..so #'s are close.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

5,000 total boxes, with 2 rookie versions there are ~4,000 total RCs of each player.

If there was one version (pose) at /2009 you'd be getting the RCs every other box or so.
obzezzed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

ah my mistake I thought there were 50 rookies in the set not 25
Old 01-24-2009, 09:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

I tried a box of this, I guess I did alright but I'm not too crazy about how the cards look. I don't know...I was also expecting the wood cards to be more like raw wood than they are. I got one of those on patch autos so I guess that was ok.
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

mightbe, I felt the exact same way.. I got a wood card in the first pack and was like this aint no wood... Kinda a lame product if you ask me.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
mightbe, I felt the exact same way.. I got a wood card in the first pack and was like this aint no wood... Kinda a lame product if you ask me.
It's like, cardboard is a paper product...paper is made from wood...granted it's not as much wood as it used to be, but those cards weren't what I was expecting at all.

Also, I'm tired of seeing all the posed shots of this year's rookie crop...that along with having the veterans isolated on each card made it a rather boring box to open for me.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

The only thing I liked about it is the base cards appear to be autograph friendly and I attend a lot of NBA games and when I go for autos it is alway nice to have good looking photos so you can read the autos on the card. I wish they would create a set that would be good for this. It would have everybody on an NBA rooster from the previous year and have all the drafted rookies as well and any free agents who went to camp. It would be a huge set but would be nice for the autograph collector.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
The only thing I liked about it is the base cards appear to be autograph friendly and I attend a lot of NBA games and when I go for autos it is alway nice to have good looking photos so you can read the autos on the card. I wish they would create a set that would be good for this. It would have everybody on an NBA rooster from the previous year and have all the drafted rookies as well and any free agents who went to camp. It would be a huge set but would be nice for the autograph collector.
Never thought about that aspect but these would be great for autographs being heavier stock and matte. Too bad the design is lacking.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Inactive Account

and for sure they will be creating retail versions like topps trademark moves so expect the surplus be dumped on the retail boxes/cases
skeen is offline   Reply With Quote