Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
cdpowell34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Southern California
Posts: 609
Default

Got $42 but spent it already. Woops!
__________________
PC's: Eric Gordon, Deandre Jordan, Eric Bledsoe
Also collecting on-card autos from NBA's 50 GREATEST PLAYERS.
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/cdpowell34?feature=mhee
Bucket: http://s585.photobucket.com/albums/ss293/cdpowell34/
cdpowell34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:44 PM   #52 (permalink)
Member
 
bigcwd2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 4,654
Default

Wow, I wish I knew about this before now but thanks for posting about it!
bigcwd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 01:56 PM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
Karrscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 220
Default

I got 98$. I purchased a case of Topps Prime for 920 dollars, and used bill me later because you get a bonus. I got 63$ in ebay bucks just for the case. Not to bad.
__________________
PC Evan Longoria, David Price, Matt Moore, Josh Freeman, Blount , Aaron Rodgers LF Rays/Bucs

FS/FT Bucket -http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k636/Karrscards/
Karrscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:10 PM   #54 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrscards View Post
I got 98$. I purchased a case of Topps Prime for 920 dollars, and used bill me later because you get a bonus. I got 63$ in ebay bucks just for the case. Not to bad.
What is bill me later?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:35 PM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
XARZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Miami Beach, FL
Posts: 4,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
What is bill me later?
its an ebay credit card that allows you to pay at a later date. If it is paid before 6 months I believe then theres no interest
XARZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #56 (permalink)
Jin
Member
 
Jin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: University of Illinois @ Urbana
Posts: 2,914
Default

I got $2.10 lol. Maybe I'll just keep saving it. I remember crazymj had a video where it showed his Ebay bucks, and he had reached a $1000! Absolutely crazy.
Jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:49 PM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
crazymj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,208
Default

Got $39, they had an offer for netflix where you do the free trial and get $15. So free $15 and free 1 month of netflix, not a bad deal i say, just remember to cancel at the end of the month.
crazymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:06 PM   #58 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymj View Post
Got $39, they had an offer for netflix where you do the free trial and get $15. So free $15 and free 1 month of netflix, not a bad deal i say, just remember to cancel at the end of the month.
i did that earlier this year and despite the fact that i haven't used netflix in many months since, i haven't cancelled. that's how they get ya! lol...
__________________
sheridanhoops.com/author/james-park/
twitter.com/sheridanblog
I collect STEPHEN CURRY RC AUTOS: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/tupark82/library/MY%20PC/Stephen%20Curry?sort=6&page=1
tupark82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:11 PM   #59 (permalink)
Member
 
FreshBreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 2,765
Default

I'm giving mine away.....
__________________
SCARED MONEY DOESN'T MAKE MONEY
FreshBreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #60 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 12,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrscards View Post
I got 98$. I purchased a case of Topps Prime for 920 dollars, and used bill me later because you get a bonus. I got 63$ in ebay bucks just for the case. Not to bad.
WOW!!! This is great news

I have that bill me later thing but never used it...

I wonder if this works every single time? That would be like having an unlimited 10% OFF coupon
__________________
Collecting: 76ers | NBA 50 Greatest GU | Elgin Baylor | Steve Francis 1999-00 year ONLY

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:33 PM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 12,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin View Post
I got $2.10 lol. Maybe I'll just keep saving it. I remember crazymj had a video where it showed his Ebay bucks, and he had reached a $1000! Absolutely crazy.
You can't save them up... At least not mine. It says expires November 2nd so I better get a move on.
__________________
Collecting: 76ers | NBA 50 Greatest GU | Elgin Baylor | Steve Francis 1999-00 year ONLY

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:47 PM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
dmogull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY/NJ
Posts: 3,888
Default

My grand total for Ebay bucks this period: $5.02 !!!!

To be honest, my bigger purchases on Ebay are almost always directly through Paypal.
dmogull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
FreshBreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 2,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmogull View Post
My grand total for Ebay bucks this period: $5.02 !!!!

To be honest, my bigger purchases on Ebay are almost always directly through Paypal.
Just out of curiousity do you incorporate your lost eBay bucks into the negotiated offline price?
__________________
SCARED MONEY DOESN'T MAKE MONEY
FreshBreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:54 PM   #64 (permalink)
Member
 
mmondayjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,069
Default

Got $20.77...will probably spend it tonight on some Gronk PC cards haha
__________________
ROB GRONKOWSKI SUPERCOLLECTOR

My bucket: http://s1096.photobucket.com/home/mmondayjr/index
mmondayjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:55 PM   #65 (permalink)
Member
 
dmogull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY/NJ
Posts: 3,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBreak View Post
Just out of curiousity do you incorporate your lost eBay bucks into the negotiated offline price?
Good point....I do, but it usually isn't material enough for me to try convincing the seller to do the deal online - the eBay fee exclusion is usually the deal-maker for the seller, and if the price is high enough where I would realistically get hurt by not picking up that 2%, I try to incorporate that into my bargaining and negotiate a slightly lower price.

The only time offline dealing really almost hurt me was when ebay had their 10% eBay bucks with IE8 promotion. I was buying a MJ card for $1.6k (or $160 in eBay bucks!). To do this deal online, this seller was in the hole around $150 w/ ebay fees. As you can imagine, we both were uncomfortable doing the deal where the other wanted to, lol. Basically we just ended up doing the deal offline, but he gave me around $75 off the original agreed upon price, which was cool of him.

Last edited by dmogull; 10-04-2011 at 11:58 PM.
dmogull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:01 AM   #66 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 12,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmogull View Post
Good point....I do, but it usually isn't material enough for me to try convincing the seller to do the deal online - the eBay fee exclusion is usually the deal-maker for the seller, and if the price is high enough where I would realistically get hurt by not picking up that 2%, I try to incorporate that into my bargaining and negotiate a slightly lower price.

The only time offline dealing really almost hurt me was when ebay had their 10% eBay bucks with IE8 promotion. I was buying a MJ card for $1.6k (or $160 in eBay bucks!). To do this deal online, this seller was in the hole around $150 w/ ebay fees. As you can imagine, we both were uncomfortable doing the deal where the other wanted to, lol. Basically we just ended up doing the deal offline, but he gave me around $75 off the original agreed upon price, which was cool of him.
Very interesting...

But I can see sellers telling buyers to go @*&%@#&%I& themselves if they ask for an ebay bucks discount hahahahaha

Yes I know, take it off your offer and make a lower one, but sellers almost always go way higher than your offer anyway. But definitely very interesting! Would love to see what a seller would say if I asked for a 2% discount off ebay, plus more off for ebay fees saved.......... haha!
__________________
Collecting: 76ers | NBA 50 Greatest GU | Elgin Baylor | Steve Francis 1999-00 year ONLY

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:37 AM   #67 (permalink)
Member
 
Birdmandig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 792
Default

I only got 18.30 and thats spending about 800ish in that ebuck period!

U guys must be ballers!
Birdmandig is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.