Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 10:46 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Kevin Durant's Halloween "Costume"

KD dressed up as a flag football player for Halloween | Daily Thunder.com

Quote:
How did Kevin Durant, two-time scoring champ, NBA All-Star and global superstar in general choose to spend his Halloween? On campus at Oklahoma State playing some flag football.

Seriously. File another story under “KD is just about the coolest dude ever.” I think he’s just showing off now.

Early Monday, KD tweeted he was one bored basketballer and was in the mood for some flag football. “This lockout is really boring..anybody playing flag football in Okc..I need to run around or something!”

An OSU student, George Overbay, tweeted him back saying his team played at 10 p.m. KD responded, “Can I play?” (which is hilarious to me). He told KD to bring his “A” game. And here’s the crazy part: KD actually showed up. I would say I can’t believe it, but I totally can.

Durant made the two-hour drive to Stillyville and threw four touchdowns and had three interceptions. After the game, he tweeted: “I had soooo much fun at Oklahoma st playing flag football! Shoutout my new buddy @groverbey for inviting me! I threw 4 tds and had 3 ints!!”
Kevin Durant Flag Football - YouTube

KD becoming one of the most accessible NBA players ever. Might have been posted already, if so I apologize
Old 11-02-2011, 12:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Great one KD that should be the new face of the NBA. all around great down to earth guy
XARZY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

It is a cool story...

Untill he tears an ACL
Ginter Rip cards...
kyle1707 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1707 View Post
It is a cool story...

Untill he tears an ACL
At least he will have plenty of time to recover. Hopefully he won't tear his ACL though.
bigcwd2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1707 View Post
It is a cool story...

Untill he tears an ACL
Why does people always has to be negative . well its always one in the whole bunch

Last edited by Sickcards; 11-02-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Sickcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickcards View Post
Why does people always has to be negative . well its always one in the whole bunch
Make it two of us then, all I'm saying is that it would be a shame if he got injured doing something like that...sure he's allowed to have fun and he's a grown man allowed to make his own decisions...but all it takes is one wrong step or an overzealous opposing player accidentally running into his legs...when you're one of the most talented players in the NBA making millions with your body as your instrument, I just think he has to be a little smarter and cautious about his decisions that could put his body in jeopardy.
mj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj23 View Post
Make it two of us then, all I'm saying is that it would be a shame if he got injured doing something like that...sure he's allowed to have fun and he's a grown man allowed to make his own decisions...but all it takes is one wrong step or an overzealous opposing player accidentally running into his legs...when you're one of the most talented players in the NBA making millions with your body as your instrument, I just think he has to be a little smarter and cautious about his decisions that could put his body in jeopardy.
The owners locked him out, he's making $0 right now.

I think he should go skydiving if he wants

LakeShow
cadillac540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillac540 View Post

Yeah, I obviously know about the lockout...and you're right he can do whatever he wants; skydive, bungee jump...all I'm saying is that he has a chance to be one of the all-time greats with the certain possibility of making millions more in the future, and if it were me I wouldn't be putting that in jeopardy, I would take extra care to protect my body
mj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
So, what you're saying is that he should sit around his house all day, bored to death, and not risk injury whatsoever? He could injure himself walking down the steps in his house, assuming his house has more than one floor, or sprain his pinky finger opening the fridge. KD is The Man cause he is accessible, cause he does put himself out there, in front of HIS fans, and he probably added a few more for showing his lack of ego.

Pretty sure you won't see Lebron doing this, unless it's at a Boys and Girls club, surrounded by cameras and reporters...and Kobe, well, no comment...
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
So, what you're saying is that he should sit around his house all day, bored to death, and not risk injury whatsoever? He could injure himself walking down the steps in his house, assuming his house has more than one floor, or sprain his pinky finger opening the fridge. KD is The Man cause he is accessible, cause he does put himself out there, in front of HIS fans, and he probably added a few more for showing his lack of ego.

Pretty sure you won't see Lebron doing this, unless it's at a Boys and Girls club, surrounded by cameras and reporters...and Kobe, well, no comment...
Totally agree with your comments. If he gets injured it will be THUNDERS LOSS more than anyone elses because KD has plenty of money and he can find other ways to bring in income. THE THUNDER arent contenders without him.
XARZY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:09 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post

Yeah the same thing happened to Carlos Boozer. Fell over a bag in his home and hurt his hand. You can get hurt anywhere.
bigcwd2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

He is at greater risk playing in a football game than sitting at home or on the court.

They need to hold some more charity bball games rather than trying to play other sports.

!
tristan20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #13 (permalink)

Why doesn't KD just quit basketball period and not work out at all during the offseason for fear he'll get hurt ...
MavsRChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillac540 View Post

lol lmao good one lol i liked that one i needed that laugh
Old 11-02-2011, 05:11 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, I obviously know about the lockout...and you're right he can do whatever he wants; skydive, bungee jump...all I'm saying is that he has a chance to be one of the all-time greats with the certain possibility of making millions more in the future, and if it were me I wouldn't be putting that in jeopardy, I would take extra care to protect my body
so i think u would of been the guy with the less talent just staying home and eating cheetos like chris humphries
Old 11-02-2011, 05:33 PM   #16 (permalink)

Imagine how the guys felt when KD showed up? And in regards to the injury....it's FLAG FOOTBALL! He was the QB so he doesn't even have to move except side step to try and avoid people taking his flags. It's not like he went bull fighting....I'm going to tweet him and see if he want's to join me for that!!!!!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 05:37 PM   #17 (permalink)

That's one of the coolest stories I've ever heard of an NBA player. Came and picked those guys up lol. Sick.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #18 (permalink)

I think I have found my new favorite current NBA player. It's cool what he did, and you negative folks just need to chill out.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #19 (permalink)
GA0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
I think I have found my new favorite current NBA player. It's cool what he did, and you negative folks just need to chill out.
Agreed. Love how accesible this guy is. And wow to all these negative folks. It's possible to die or get injured at any possible second, so why waste your time all bubbled up under protection. Yes we get he has a chance to become a great, but come on! Stuff like this makes me have hope for some NBA players, instead of other players who grovel over the lockout and have shouting matches with the commish at meetings

I still liked when he magically appeared at Rucker Park and dropped 65 earlier, that's true love of the game stuff right there.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:10 PM   #20 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimssouvenirs View Post
That's one of the coolest stories I've ever heard of an NBA player. Came and picked those guys up lol. Sick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovethelakings View Post
Have to agree. I don't follow Basketball but that has to be one of the coolest acts I have seen, and he sticks around to sign. Way to go KD.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:42 PM   #21 (permalink)

Heck, when it wasn't Halloween this guy was making hot sauce in a BATHTUB with his buddies... Saw the video on youtube. There was a bunch of videos up like that.

I remember I posted that video after many said that he was a very serious guy and never plays around. Then after I posted that, EVERYBODY stopped posting... lol

Hot sauce, in a TUB!!! smh

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
SportsItUpCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:57 AM   #22 (permalink)

KD should be in the gym,not throwing footballs...or top his point record at the rucker park....
CARD COLLECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #23 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Amazing, if Lebron did the same thing, he would be accused of moving to the NFL, Durant does it and he's praised for it.

hehe

!
tristan20 is online now   Reply With Quote