Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 06:03 PM   #251 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPauthentic84 View Post
Rare23-congrats on the sale. Its a nice payday. And I am sincere in saying that.

But just please explain to me (I dont need facts or screen shots or anything), but why did you list your "dream card" initially for 12.5k. A 10% profit doesnt seem worth it.

I genuinely just want to know your thinking.
Sure no problem. I can always answer questions.

There are a few reasons why I listed it.

First, I do like to showcase my cards on eBay. Also, letting the world know the card is available and entertaining offers is good for me. It gives me a good idea of how much interest/demand there is, how much $$ people are willing to offer, and who these serious buyers are.

Another great thing is... I can go on with life, and when it hits hard down the road when and if I need the cash, I will have instant access to the people who had past offers and sell much quicker as opposed to starting from scratch.

Someone asked me the same questions when I first bought and listed it so quickly on eBay over at Sportscardforums.

** My Dream Michael Jordan Card finally here!! MAIL DAY!! ** - Sports Card Forum - Sports Cards Community

If you scroll down on the first page, I explain exactly that. And that was quite literally the same week I had listed the card back on eBay 2 months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbal13 View Post
Circumventing eBay Terms of Service by cancelling an auction in order to avoid fees is shady...
Yea well, people speed and break laws all the time. Not saying it's right. But when the seller asked me if I could take it outside of eBay, I said sure. I wasn't going to be a d*ck about it and tell him that it was against eBay law. I could have, but I didn't bother. I was happy as long as he overnighted the card to me, regardless how the money was sent to him. eBay is SUCH a tycoon and make SO much money... I don't know how anyone could take their side anyways. We're just little peons compared to eBay and the amount they charge. So yes, he could have been "shady" towards eBAY by wanting the deal outside of eBay, but none of us did anything shady to actual end users.

Last edited by Rare23air83; 01-16-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Rare23air83 is offline  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #252 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 12,282
Default

Yeah ok, keep playing the victim...

Look, you don't have to show ME a damn thing! Cause I already know. Any info you would put can be reviwed by others and they can make up their own mind if they wanna believe you. I don't care either way. Am I the one on trial here? I don't think so! Are you the one on trial? No! You posted so now we're disscusing. You can't blame some of us for not believing since ebay and the hobby in general is filled with fake sales...... If you wanna discuss and "prove" then fo ahead, but if you don't want to that's fine too.

Stop trying to pretend you're the victim and then have a few of your buddies coming here patting you in the back... and instead turn it around and pretend that we're the bad guys here. Same story every time. Why do I even bother?
__________________
Collecting: 76ers | NBA 50 Greatest GU | Elgin Baylor | Steve Francis 1999-00 year ONLY

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
SportsItUpCards is online now  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:12 PM   #253 (permalink)
Member
 
SPauthentic84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 5,982
Default

Thanks for the response. Makes sense.

It was also good to see BenMoss's name pop up in the thread lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare23air83 View Post
Sure no problem. I can always answer questions.

There are a few reasons why I listed it.

First, I do like to showcase my cards on eBay. Also, letting the world know the card is available and entertaining offers is good for me. It gives me a good idea of how much interest/demand there is, how much $$ people are willing to offer, and who these serious buyers are.

Another great thing is... I can go on with life, and when it hits hard down the road when and if I need the cash, I will have instant access to the people who had past offers and sell much quicker as opposed to starting from scratch.

Someone asked me the same questions when I first bought and listed it so quickly on eBay over at Sportscardforums.

** My Dream Michael Jordan Card finally here!! MAIL DAY!! ** - Sports Card Forum - Sports Cards Community

If you scroll down on the first page, I explain exactly that. And that was quite literally the same week I had listed the card back on eBay 2 months ago.



Yea well, people speed and break laws all the time. Not saying it's right. But when the seller asked me if I could take it outside of eBay, I said sure. I wasn't going to be a d*ck about it and tell him that it was against eBay law. I could have, but I didn't bother. I was happy as long as he overnighted the card to me, regardless how the money was sent to him. eBay is SUCH a tycoon and make SO much money... I don't know how anyone could take their side anyways. We're just little peons compared to eBay and the amount they charge. So yes, he could have been "shady" towards eBAY by wanting the deal outside of eBay, but none of us did anything shady to actual end users.
__________________
*Photobucket: let me know if you like anything. http://s1114.photobucket.com/user/Marsili84/library/Harder%20To%20Get%20Stuff?sort=4&page=1

*Looking for Pistol Pete Maravich Autographs or other rare HOFers
SPauthentic84 is offline  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #254 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Yeah ok, keep playing the victim...

Look, you don't have to show ME a damn thing! Cause I already know. Any info you would put can be reviwed by others and they can make up their own mind if they wanna believe you. I don't care either way. Am I the one on trial here? I don't think so! Are you the one on trial? No! You posted so now we're disscusing. You can't blame some of us for not believing since ebay and the hobby in general is filled with fake sales...... If you wanna discuss and "prove" then fo ahead, but if you don't want to that's fine too.

Stop trying to pretend you're the victim and then have a few of your buddies coming here patting you in the back... and instead turn it around and pretend that we're the bad guys here. Same story every time. Why do I even bother?

Honestly, YOU'RE the only problem here. YOU. Super ignorant and stubborn. You're the ONLY one saying it doesn't matter if its true or not, no matter HOW much proof you get shoved in your face, you're still gonna firmly believe it's a scam and that the whole Jordan market is a scam. Like I said, you're the type to continue to think it's a scam even if God himself came to you and showed you a vision of the entire thing that took place. Even then will you come back and save your face by sticking to what you said. But whatevers. There's enough proof and evidence in this thread now that it was all real. You can still be in your bubble and point to anything Jordan and continue to feel that everything is rigged and scams. But that's your problem.

So in all honesty, I've done my part. I will post pics and Delivery confirmation to seal the deal. But I'm sure you don't give a rats ass. You're still gonna be in your mindset and think it's a fake sale even after all this. Whatevers tho. I have the money and I'll be continuing my life without a hesitation.

No hard feelings, but I just don't like how you... a complete stranger... calling me a fraud and scam when you don't even know me or what took place. And EVEN STILL when I have given you proof after proof, calling me a fraud. Now you're beginning to make yourself look bad at this point.

Last edited by Rare23air83; 01-16-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Rare23air83 is offline  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:21 PM   #255 (permalink)
Member
 
Qwasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 9,600
Default

if you are a collector, why are you buying & selling jordan cards immediately though?

for example you buy this
1995-96 Finest Refractors Michael Jordan #229 for 215.50

then sell one just like it or the same one? who knows

1995-96 Finest Refractors Michael Jordan #229 for 187.73



the logic just doesn't make sense for anything other than price fixing, and trust me, i'm far from out to get anyone, I just like to debate.........


for example if I collect cam newton, why would I turn right around and sell cam newton same card for lower? why would I buy incredibly high end cam newton cards and have this excitement just to flip it immediately? and what would make me think I had a buyer? and it's coincidence that very low populated cards pop up around the same time, similiar cards for sale right after big sales? how could I honestly call myself a "COLLECTOR" if I buy & sell immediately? and what would be the point of doing it? then why only with jordan cards if it's just a flip?

why is it that the market you and a few other guys are in, is so much different from the entire rest of the card market? where is the logic for it? your not rich but your flipping several thousand dollar cards? to most 10k on tap to throw around is rich.

your interaction on message boards is zero trading, only logged on to post jordan threads & advertise. you don't interact, your not apart of the communities, but your a huge collector like this? just doesn't add up. you'd be pretty much famous if you were a legit collector.
__________________
Collecting Football: GENO SMITH / E.J. MANUEL / Giovani Bernard / Cordarrelle Patterson / Eddie Lacy / Andrew Luck / Russell Wilson Basketball: Michael Carter Williams / Bradley Beal / Blake Griffin / Paul George / Damian Lillard / WNBA: Skylar Diggins

Last edited by Qwasian; 01-16-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Qwasian is offline  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #256 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 12,282
Default

So i'm your problem huh? Sorry for not being dumb to the whole thing...

First off 18K+ for this card should answer anybodys question that it's fake, period. If somebody really believes this card sells this much than more power to them. But you're not fooling me.

Bernie Madoff also would talk to people and answer ANY questions they had.........

The greatest trick the Jordan scam srtists ever pulled was convincing the world the scam didn't exist ~ SportsItUpCards
__________________
Collecting: 76ers | NBA 50 Greatest GU | Elgin Baylor | Steve Francis 1999-00 year ONLY

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
SportsItUpCards is online now  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #257 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
if you are a collector, why are you buying & selling jordan cards immediately though?

for example you buy this
1995-96 Finest Refractors Michael Jordan #229 for 215.50

then sell one just like it or the same one? who knows

1995-96 Finest Refractors Michael Jordan #229 for 187.73



the logic just doesn't make sense for anything other than price fixing, and trust me, i'm far from out to get anyone, I just like to debate.........


for example if I collect cam newton, why would I turn right around and sell cam newton same card for lower? why would I buy incredibly high end cam newton cards and have this excitement just to flip it immediately? and what would make me think I had a buyer? and it's coincidence that very low populated cards pop up around the same time, similiar cards for sale right after big sales? how could I honestly call myself a "COLLECTOR" if I buy & sell immediately? and what would be the point of doing it? then why only with jordan cards if it's just a flip?

why is it that the market you and a few other guys are in, is so much different from the entire rest of the card market? where is the logic for it? your not rich but your flipping several thousand dollar cards? to most 10k on tap to throw around is rich.

your interaction on message boards is zero trading, only logged on to post jordan threads & advertise. you don't interact, your not apart of the communities, but your a huge collector like this? just doesn't add up. you'd be pretty much famous if you were a legit collector.
I buy cards. Put it in my collection and list them right away on eBay with "high prices" and entertain offers. Some sell right way, some don't. The ones that don't, I enjoy keeping them in my collection. When a good offer comes along, I take it and buy other Jordan cards. That's really it.

I'm not rich like some of the big time collectors. I have bills and have a life full of expenses. I can't continue to buy cards and keep them stored. That's alot of money. If I see a card I really want and need a lot of cash for it, I sell the ones I have to make room in the bank to spend. I wish I had all the cards I had bought, but that means I would have $60k+ sitting my collection. And I can't afford to continue adding without selling any.
Rare23air83 is offline  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #258 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
This was kinda my point, but then OJ got all righteous...



Why am I the only guy you rag on when I didnt even accuse him of anything besides a "good sale". This fiasco is out of control because people dont believe his sale. I infact believed his sale. I just questioned the buyers logic. Its not me on the witch hunt. Its the rest of you lol.

The only thing im trying to figure out is how card can sell for $10.5k then get relisted for $12.5k and no one bites. Then relisted for $15k and no one bites. Then relisted for $18.5k and BAM...someone buys it. Keeping in mind that there was/is another one listed for much lower as well. Thats all im trying to understand.

I swear some people are just out to get me for no reason. Read all my posts and show me where I ever accused him of faking a sale.

I just want to be apart of the "NEW RECORD PRICE" crew!! Dont we all want a payday?
Orangejello727 is offline  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:34 PM   #259 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
So i'm your problem huh? Sorry for not being dumb to the whole thing...

First off 18K+ for this card should answer anybodys question that it's fake, period. If somebody really believes this card sells this much than more power to them. But you're not fooling me.

Bernie Madoff also would talk to people and answer ANY questions they had.........

The greatest trick the Jordan scam srtists ever pulled was convincing the world the scam didn't exist ~ SportsItUpCards
lol alright buddy. Keep thinking it's a fake sale. It's clear that even tho it's legit... you refuse to believe it. I guess one person that thinks its a fake sale no matter all the evidence... doesn't really change the outcome of the sale and the money in my hand.

Seems like if ANYONE is a fake... its you. Creating 2 accounts to act like you're a different person? Good one bro.

http://www.hobbykings.com/forum/view...pcards&start=0

This explains ALOT about you and why you act the way you are. Now I rest my case.

Last edited by Rare23air83; 01-16-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Rare23air83 is offline  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:36 PM   #260 (permalink)
Member
 
Qwasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 9,600
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare23air83 View Post
I buy cards. Put it in my collection and list them right away on eBay with "high prices" and entertain offers. Some sell right way, some don't. The ones that don't, I enjoy keeping them in my collection. When a good offer comes along, I take it and buy other Jordan cards. That's really it.

I'm not rich like some of the big time collectors. I have bills and have a life full of expenses. I can't continue to buy cards and keep them stored. That's alot of money. If I see a card I really want and need a lot of cash for it, I sell the ones I have to make room in the bank to spend. I wish I had all the cards I had bought, but that means I would have $60k+ sitting my collection. And I can't afford to continue adding without selling any.

so why did you buy a jordan finest refractor and then sell it for less?

for example you buy this
1995-96 Finest Refractors Michael Jordan #229 for 215.50

then sell one just like it or the same one? who knows

1995-96 Finest Refractors Michael Jordan #229 for 187.73



if you were collecting and just entertaining offers why would you take less for a card you had just got? or one just like it?
__________________
Collecting Football: GENO SMITH / E.J. MANUEL / Giovani Bernard / Cordarrelle Patterson / Eddie Lacy / Andrew Luck / Russell Wilson Basketball: Michael Carter Williams / Bradley Beal / Blake Griffin / Paul George / Damian Lillard / WNBA: Skylar Diggins
Qwasian is offline  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #261 (permalink)
Member
 
ninjacookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Coast, formerly Mother Russia
Posts: 8,284
Default

^^ this.

I at least commend you on taking the efforts to try and clear your name. Whether or not people want to believe you is entirely up to them.

But the entire Jordan card industry has had a very dark cloud surrounding it lately for obvious reasons that anyone can deduce from standard logic and reasoning.

Even if you provided tracking numbers, signature confirmations, etc....if these are all sales between a closed group of high end investors/acquaintences...then all sales and transfers of the card will be 'legitimate' in terms of the final sales, but very 'fraudulent' in terms of how they're purposely hyperinflating prices.

Like I said before, if it was legitimate and there was nothing fishy involved, then congrats sir! But if indeed there is any funny business going on behind the scenes, then eventually the powers 'higher up' will catch on.

'The Hunt brothers' and their huge manipulation of silver prices before they were taken down by the feds comes to mind.

Regarding the 'multi-millionare' sentiment about Natsturner....he's obviously in this business to make money...so obviously the amount of money he has right now (whether its 1 million or 100 million) is no issue in how he conducts his purchases. He's looking at it purely from a potential profit perspective. Just look through his completed ebay auctions and flips....he makes more money on a handful of transactions than most of the people on here make in a year. I do not consider people like him 'collectors' in the purest sense whatsoever. Because true collectors don't just hoard up cards to immediately turn around and re-sell them.


I'm usually not for long-winded call out threads like this, but I think this is exactly what was needed for the hobby. To at least draw attention to the phenomenon, good or bad. People can take the information and make their own educated opinion based on both sides of the story.

Again, just my 2 cents!

Last edited by ninjacookies; 01-16-2012 at 06:45 PM.
ninjacookies is offline  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #262 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 12,282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare23air83 View Post
lol alright buddy. Keep thinking it's a fake sale. It's clear that even tho it's legit... you refuse to believe it. I guess one person that thinks its a fake sale no matter all the evidence... doesn't really change the outcome of the sale and the money in my hand.

Seems like if ANYONE is a fake... its you. Creating 2 accounts to act like you're a different person? Good one bro.

HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Anybody know SportsItUpCards?

This explains ALOT about you and why you act the way you are. Now I rest my case.
There's nothing to rest... That fat moron Deekin banned me for no reason! Abuse of power. My first account was banned because of his abuse of power, there was never any reason given, because he's a fraud too!

Then my second account was banned with the excuse "double account for same member" but why was I banned the first time around? Because of frauds like you!

I was a threat on the HK forum on Jordan inserts and frauds like YOU! So I rest MY case.

That's what a true fraud does when he is exposed, you try to find ANYTHING you possibly can... smh
__________________
Collecting: 76ers | NBA 50 Greatest GU | Elgin Baylor | Steve Francis 1999-00 year ONLY

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
SportsItUpCards is online now  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #263 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
so why did you buy a jordan finest refractor and then sell it for less?

for example you buy this
1995-96 Finest Refractors Michael Jordan #229 for 215.50

then sell one just like it or the same one? who knows

1995-96 Finest Refractors Michael Jordan #229 for 187.73



if you were collecting and just entertaining offers why would you take less for a card you had just got? or one just like it?
That is indeed the same card. I sometimes lose a few dollars if I list it in an OPEN auction. Not BIN with Offers. I usually list them in auctions if I want a guaranteed sale at the end, regardless of the ending price. I listed that because I found a better condition version which I bought soon afterwards and have listed up now.

1995-96 Finest REFRACTOR w/ Coating Michael Jordan SP | eBay

This is the one I sold for $187.73

1995-96 Finest REFRACTOR w/ Coating Michael Jordan SP | eBay

Two completely different cards. I can't believe I'm still explaining myself and why I sell the cards that I have in the manner I do.
Rare23air83 is offline  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:45 PM   #264 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare23air83 View Post
lol alright buddy. Keep thinking it's a fake sale. It's clear that even tho it's legit... you refuse to believe it. I guess one person that thinks its a fake sale no matter all the evidence... doesn't really change the outcome of the sale and the money in my hand.

Seems like if ANYONE is a fake... its you. Creating 2 accounts to act like you're a different person? Good one bro.

HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Anybody know SportsItUpCards?

This explains ALOT about you and why you act the way you are. Now I rest my case.
HK is full of pompous people who think they can buy respect. Just look at the "Look at me" convention they have going all the time. They love patting themselves on the back and holding hands while they dance to their on song!!

LIsten. If you love that place so much, then why are you here? HK has been going downhill since the creators left. Its been a safe haven for a few socialist who have planned agendas.

I was booted from that site because I had a spat with a moderator and he couldnt take it. But that doesnt mean Im a thief or a scammer. It just means I didnt get along with a bunch of nutcases that would sell their mothers for an MJ card.
Orangejello727 is offline  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #265 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 6,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Why am I the only guy you rag on when I didnt even accuse him of anything besides a "good sale".

I swear some people are just out to get me for no reason. Read all my posts and show me where I ever accused him of faking a sale.
Waah waah... if you actually paid attention, you would see that I quoted you and explained:
I said that we should just ignore the Jordan stuff. You got all 'righteous' and then went on trying to protect the innocent unknowing buyer. I explained that if you've got the mega-thousands of dollars to play this game you should know better.
Why can't you understand that and not take it as a personal attack???
(and you wonder why I blocked reading your posts..? Unfortunately when I'm not logged in I still get subjected to them...)
hairyangryfella is offline  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #266 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
^^ this.

I at least commend you on taking the efforts to try and clear your name. Whether or not people want to believe you is entirely up to them.

But the entire Jordan card industry has had a very dark cloud surrounding it lately for obvious reasons that anyone can deduce from standard logic and reasoning.

Even if you provided tracking numbers, signature confirmations, etc....if these are all sales between a closed group of high end investors/acquaintences...then all sales and transfers of the card will be 'legitimate' in terms of the final sales, but very 'fraudulent' in terms of how they're purposely hyperinflating prices.

Like I said before, if it was legitimate and there was nothing fishy involved, then congrats sir! But if indeed there is any funny business going on behind the scenes, then eventually the powers 'higher up' will catch on.

'The Hunt brothers' and their huge manipulation of silver prices before they were taken down by the feds comes to mind.

Regarding the 'multi-millionare' sentiment about Natsturner....he's obviously in this business to make money...so obviously the amount of money he has right now (whether its 1 million or 100 million) is no issue in how he conducts his purchases. He's looking at it purely from a potential profit perspective. Just look through his completed ebay auctions and flips....he makes more money on a handful of transactions than most of the people on here make in a year. I do not consider people like him 'collectors' in the purest sense whatsoever. Because true collectors don't just hoard up cards to immediately turn around and re-sell them.


I'm usually not for long-winded call out threads like this, but I think this is exactly what was needed for the hobby. To at least draw attention to the phenomenon, good or bad. People can take the information and make their own educated opinion based on both sides of the story.

Again, just my 2 cents!
Sure. There could be a black cloud. I've seen it. But I don't manipulate the market and determine who the final buyers are going to be. No one person or even a group of people can plot to alter an entire market.

I list my cards, and whoever buys it for the highest price, wins the card and gets it. It doesn't matter who the buyer is. It could be ALL Nat or another big time collector. Doesn't really matter to the sellers. Just because it's the same person buying most of the rare cards doesn't mean the entire market is fixed and somehow the dealers or sellers are all in it and have planned to be like that. Plus, Nat only won 13% of all 90's Jordan cards in 2011 above $500+. The rest of the buyers were all scattered from all over the world. HARDLY manipulated by just a handful of people.

Last edited by Rare23air83; 01-16-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Rare23air83 is offline  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #267 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Waah waah... if you actually paid attention, you would see that I quoted you and explained:
I said that we should just ignore the Jordan stuff. You got all 'righteous' and then went on trying to protect the innocent unknowing buyer. I explained that if you've got the mega-thousands of dollars to play this game you should know better.
Why can't you understand that and not take it as a personal attack???
(and you wonder why I blocked reading your posts..? Unfortunately when I'm not logged in I still get subjected to them...)
LOL. You love to hate on me. Simple as that. I dont know why you take some of my post so serious when they are filled with sarcasm just to jab at you. Of course people need to have the "Buyer beware" shirt on when on ebay. We cant be there the whole way holding their hands. Thats a given.

I was being sarcastic that we should turn a blind eye to crime. I guess you saw it as a reason to attack me. You need to let go of the hate man!! Maybe if you hang around with your HK buddies, theyll be much nicer to you. I dont know if itll be honest. Maybe a pretext to becoming apart of the Get along gang!
Orangejello727 is offline  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #268 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,787
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
HK is full of pompous people who think they can buy respect. Just look at the "Look at me" convention they have going all the time. They love patting themselves on the back and holding hands while they dance to their on song!!

LIsten. If you love that place so much, then why are you here? HK has been going downhill since the creators left. Its been a safe haven for a few socialist who have planned agendas.

I was booted from that site because I had a spat with a moderator and he couldnt take it. But that doesnt mean Im a thief or a scammer. It just means I didnt get along with a bunch of nutcases that would sell their mothers for an MJ card.

who are the creators and who are the socialists with planned agendas? honest question
thenwhatjk is offline  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #269 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
HK is full of pompous people who think they can buy respect. Just look at the "Look at me" convention they have going all the time. They love patting themselves on the back and holding hands while they dance to their on song!!

LIsten. If you love that place so much, then why are you here? HK has been going downhill since the creators left. Its been a safe haven for a few socialist who have planned agendas.

I was booted from that site because I had a spat with a moderator and he couldnt take it. But that doesnt mean Im a thief or a scammer. It just means I didnt get along with a bunch of nutcases that would sell their mothers for an MJ card.
Someone sent me that link after reading this thread. All I did was simply post it.

Why should I segregate myself to just one forum? I love cards. Blowout, OZ, HK and SCF are among the biggest card forums. I don't see why I can't join them all and talk to various people and not just one source. I had no idea Blowout would be so hostile.
Rare23air83 is offline  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #270 (permalink)
Member
 
ninjacookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Coast, formerly Mother Russia
Posts: 8,284
Default

I've always enjoyed HK as well, but I will say that majority of the 'high end' Jordan insert owners post there. I'm not saying that contributes to their being a lot less critical and non-questioning of this sale....but hey, if you personally own tens of thousands of dollars worth of similar 90's jordan inserts...would YOU be wanting to blow the whistle on any of these new record highs? I don't think I would...
ninjacookies is offline  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #271 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
There's nothing to rest... That fat moron Deekin banned me for no reason! Abuse of power. My first account was banned because of his abuse of power, there was never any reason given, because he's a fraud too!

Then my second account was banned with the excuse "double account for same member" but why was I banned the first time around? Because of frauds like you!

I was a threat on the HK forum on Jordan inserts and frauds like YOU! So I rest MY case.

That's what a true fraud does when he is exposed, you try to find ANYTHING you possibly can... smh
lol. Now I can't take anything you say seriously. There you go again calling me a fraud when I'm the exact opposite. Whatever man.
Rare23air83 is offline  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #272 (permalink)
Member
 
SportsItUpCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Collector since 1992
Posts: 12,282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
So Natsturner is a millionare but yet he got outbid by you!?

I thought this is the dude with the blank check........................?

So he would bid 1Million$$$ and then let the poor guys put in their bids?

How did you outbid him?
Just curious, what are your thoughts on this? How were you able to outbid him? Real question.
__________________
Collecting: 76ers | NBA 50 Greatest GU | Elgin Baylor | Steve Francis 1999-00 year ONLY

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
SportsItUpCards is online now  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #273 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare23air83 View Post
Sure. There could be a black cloud. I've seen it. But I don't manipulate the market and determine who the final buyers are going to be. No one person or even a group of people can plot to alter an entire market.

I list my cards, and whoever buys it for the highest price, wins the card and gets it. It doesn't matter who the buyer is. It could be ALL Nat or another big time collector. Doesn't really matter to the sellers. Just because it's the same person buying most of the rare cards doesn't mean the entire market is fixed and somehow the dealers or sellers are all in it and have planned to be like that. Plus, Nat only won 13% of all 90's Jordan cards in 2011 above $500+. The rest of the buyers were all scattered from all over the world.
My problem with that comment is that $500+ MJ inserts arent the ones in question. Like I asked earlier, go through Daveduffields info sort out all the extreme high end auctions and check out who the buyers were. I bet that 13% drastically rises. check out the top 20 most expensive cards sold on ebay in the past year. If that number for nat and a few others rises abover 40% then you have to question why a select few buyers are gauging the going rate and market for the MJ 90s insert loop?
Orangejello727 is offline  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:57 PM   #274 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 6,569
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
LOL. You love to hate on me. Simple as that. I dont know why you take some of my post so serious when they are filled with sarcasm just to jab at you. Of course people need to have the "Buyer beware" shirt on when on ebay. We cant be there the whole way holding their hands. Thats a given.

I was being sarcastic that we should turn a blind eye to crime. I guess you saw it as a reason to attack me. You need to let go of the hate man!! Maybe if you hang around with your HK buddies, theyll be much nicer to you. I dont know if itll be honest. Maybe a pretext to becoming apart of the Get along gang!
Firstly, I don't love to hate on you. You infuriate me with your pompous and ridiculous posts, because you're always serious and almost always way off base!

Secondly, I didn't attack you, and I don't know why you keep thinking that I do. I posted something. You replied. I replied. I (despite wanting to) didn't call you any names, didn't attack you, just pointed out that you don't read posts properly, hence when you jump in you piss people off.

Thirdly, I don't have 'HK buddies'. I know of a couple of people on the site that I like and trust (like thenwhatjk for example) but I'm not big on the site. Not sure what direction your comment is supposed to be going in...

Finally, even if someone WAS hating on you, stop acting like a baby and crying about it! Deal with it. Take it on board. Do whatever you have to do. Just stop posting inaccurate things about me/what I have said and I'll leave you alone!
hairyangryfella is offline  
Old 01-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #275 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 21,748
Default

Why is this thread 11 pages long? Really? I'm not reading all that crap. The guys says he sold a card, for a boatload of money. Good for him, let's go back to our normal discussion of why Justin Bieber is better than Michael Jordan in all aspects anyway.
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is online now  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/242818-just-sold-18-250-00-a.html
Posted By For Type Date
THE CAUTIONARY LIST: Corruptness in the Jordan Market | HUPE ROYALTY: MICHAEL JORDAN EDITION This thread Refback 04-29-2013 05:37 AM
Fleer Retro thoughts so far | Page 19 | OzCardTrader This thread Refback 09-20-2012 11:05 AM
Karten die über dem BV weggehen - Seite 73 - dasCardboard.eu This thread Refback 03-21-2012 12:47 PM
Karten die über dem BV weggehen - Seite 73 - dasCardboard.eu This thread Refback 03-21-2012 11:47 AM
Karten die über dem BV weggehen - Seite 73 - dasCardboard.eu This thread Refback 03-17-2012 02:09 PM
Karten die über dem BV weggehen - Seite 73 - dasCardboard.eu This thread Refback 03-12-2012 05:51 PM
Karten die über dem BV weggehen - Seite 73 - dasCardboard.eu This thread Refback 03-11-2012 06:26 PM
Karten die über dem BV weggehen - Seite 73 - dasCardboard.eu This thread Refback 03-11-2012 05:02 PM
Karten die über dem BV weggehen - Seite 73 - dasCardboard.eu This thread Refback 03-11-2012 04:40 PM
Karten die über dem BV weggehen - Seite 73 - dasCardboard.eu This thread Refback 03-11-2012 04:09 PM
Karten die über dem BV weggehen - Seite 73 - dasCardboard.eu This thread Refback 03-11-2012 04:03 PM
Karten die über dem BV weggehen - Seite 73 - dasCardboard.eu This thread Refback 03-11-2012 03:44 PM
Karten die über dem BV weggehen - Seite 73 - dasCardboard.eu This thread Refback 03-11-2012 03:41 PM
Karten die über dem BV weggehen - Seite 73 - dasCardboard.eu This thread Refback 03-11-2012 03:35 PM
Karten die über dem BV weggehen - Seite 73 - dasCardboard.eu This thread Refback 03-11-2012 03:32 PM
Karten die über dem BV weggehen - Seite 73 - dasCardboard.eu This thread Refback 03-11-2012 03:25 PM
Karten die über dem BV weggehen - Seite 73 - dasCardboard.eu This thread Refback 03-11-2012 03:24 PM
Karten die über dem BV weggehen - Seite 73 - dasCardboard.eu This thread Refback 03-11-2012 03:23 PM
Karten die über dem BV weggehen - Seite 73 - dasCardboard.eu This thread Refback 03-11-2012 03:19 PM
Sports Cards Uncensored - Page 8 This thread Refback 02-23-2012 02:09 PM
Sports Cards Uncensored - Page 6 This thread Refback 02-15-2012 11:20 PM
January – 2012 – Sports Cards Uncensored - Page 3 This thread Refback 02-14-2012 02:56 PM
Sports Cards Uncensored - Page 4 This thread Refback 02-02-2012 03:27 AM
Rare Air: The Michael Jordan High End Debate – Sports Cards Uncensored This thread Refback 01-28-2012 03:57 PM
Sports Cards Uncensored - Page 2 This thread Refback 01-22-2012 03:07 AM
HIGHEST JORDAN INSERT SALE OF THE 12 MONTHS. INSANE. « HUPE ROYALTY: MICHAEL JORDAN EDITION This thread Pingback 01-21-2012 10:14 PM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Just SOLD for $18,250.00!!! This thread Refback 01-21-2012 12:23 PM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Just SOLD for $18,250.00!!! This thread Refback 01-17-2012 07:53 PM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Just SOLD for $18,250.00!!! This thread Refback 01-17-2012 06:52 PM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Just SOLD for $18,250.00!!! This thread Refback 01-17-2012 01:15 PM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Just SOLD for $18,250.00!!! This thread Refback 01-17-2012 12:03 PM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Just SOLD for $18,250.00!!! This thread Refback 01-17-2012 11:15 AM
Rare Air: The Michael Jordan High End Debate – Sports Cards Uncensored This thread Pingback 01-17-2012 10:53 AM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Just SOLD for $18,250.00!!! This thread Refback 01-17-2012 09:51 AM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Just SOLD for $18,250.00!!! This thread Refback 01-17-2012 09:51 AM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Just SOLD for $18,250.00!!! This thread Refback 01-17-2012 09:48 AM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Just SOLD for $18,250.00!!! This thread Refback 01-17-2012 09:11 AM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Just SOLD for $18,250.00!!! This thread Refback 01-17-2012 07:10 AM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Just SOLD for $18,250.00!!! This thread Refback 01-17-2012 06:51 AM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Just SOLD for $18,250.00!!! This thread Refback 01-17-2012 06:38 AM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Just SOLD for $18,250.00!!! This thread Refback 01-17-2012 06:05 AM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Just SOLD for $18,250.00!!! This thread Refback 01-17-2012 05:12 AM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Just SOLD for $18,250.00!!! This thread Refback 01-17-2012 04:48 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.