Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #276 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
Just curious, what are your thoughts on this? How were you able to outbid him? Real question.
Go check the original auction listing by kobes_for_sale.

1997/98 FINEST MICHAEL JORDAN EMBOSSED GOLD REFRACTOR #/74 BGS 9.5 | eBay

He bid 3 seconds before me at $10,555. I barely outbid him because I threw in a $11,111.11 bid. He explained to me that he would have bid up to $12.5k but didn't have enough time to. And that is why he was willing to just throw me the $12.5k right away, which again... I denied. Again, go ahead and talk to Nat. He'll tell you exactly what I've been saying. And it's like that throughout the entirety of this thread. Everything I've said is all true and can be backed up with other vouchers that took part of all the sales and buys. There REALLY is nothing to hide.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:59 PM   #277 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare23air83 View Post
That is indeed the same card. I sometimes lose a few dollars if I list it in an OPEN auction. Not BIN with Offers. I usually list them in auctions if I want a guaranteed sale at the end, regardless of the ending price. I listed that because I found a better condition version which I bought soon afterwards and have listed up now.

1995-96 Finest REFRACTOR w/ Coating Michael Jordan SP | eBay

This is the one I sold for $187.73

1995-96 Finest REFRACTOR w/ Coating Michael Jordan SP | eBay

Two completely different cards. I can't believe I'm still explaining myself and why I sell the cards that I have in the manner I do.

2 completely different cards sold with the same exact picture? with the same chrome hazing damage from old chrome products in the same exact place?
Old 01-16-2012, 08:00 PM   #278 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Someone sent me that link after reading this thread. All I did was simply post it.

Why should I segregate myself to just one forum? I love cards. Blowout, OZ, HK and SCF are among the biggest card forums. I don't see why I can't join them all and talk to various people and not just one source. I had no idea Blowout would be so hostile.

No one stops you from joining a forum. But if your intent is to disrupt this forum by putting a forum like HK on a high horse, then it defeats the purpose of being here. THis community here on BO is open and fair. The Mods here do a fair and balanced job. Unlike HK where the mods ban you based on your fanfare. This isnt a popularity contest like it is over at HK. People here are honest and real. They dont shy away in fear of being banshed by a bunch of lolly gagging collectors who determine your respect and knowlege by the value of your damn sportscards.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #279 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
No one stops you from joining a forum. But if your intent is to disrupt this forum by putting a forum like HK on a high horse, then it defeats the purpose of being here. THis community here on BO is open and fair. The Mods here do a fair and balanced job. Unlike HK where the mods ban you based on your fanfare. This isnt a popularity contest like it is over at HK. People here are honest and real. They dont shy away in fear of being banshed by a bunch of lolly gagging collectors who determine your respect and knowlege by the value of your damn sportscards.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #280 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
2 completely different cards sold with the same exact picture? with the same chrome hazing damage from old chrome products in the same exact place?
I may be wrong here but many people do this. They buy a card. Get it raw grade reviewed or graded. It doesnt come back GEM, so they relist it and sell it raw.

Funny how HK members do this all day long but banned paul for doing this. Talk about a double standard at HK.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #281 (permalink)

Bieber > Jordan
Old 01-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #282 (permalink)

Quote:
I may be wrong here but many people do this. They buy a card. Get it raw grade reviewed or graded. It doesnt come back GEM, so they relist it and sell it raw.

Funny how HK members do this all day long but banned paul for doing this. Talk about a double standard at HK.
I got banned for it, even after I edited my description stating I broke a BGS 8 card out of a case lol. And it sold best-offer. It was all jealousy over there. But then soon people are flipping $1k + jordan inserts on a regular basis and everyone is kissing their feet. I was a mod for years on there and had plenty of trade feedback, and made a ton of friends. A few jumped on me for flipping cards, and the mods decided that looked bad for them LMAO

So yea, if I just had 100-500k to spend on cards, I'd probably be the reigning golden god champion moderator of of HK (Horribly Korrupt)
Old 01-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #283 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Not once have I put HK above anything else. Matter of fact, I only mentioned HK once when I told you that I was also a member on HK and SCF. I would like to be a part of all the forums. That's why I joined. I NEVER not ONCE said HK was the better place. All I said was Blowout has some hostile ass people. Never was I trying to "disrupt" the forum in any way. All I did was post up my PC website. Then post up this monster sale that just happened. How is that disrupting or making BlowOut bad?

Last edited by Rare23air83; 01-16-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #284 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
DUDE. GO BACK and look at it again. Just look at the COATING and you can tell they're completely different cards, right off the bat.

Go check.

Exactly. Still trying to find something to put me in a bad light? Go ahead. I told you... I've done all my business in 100% honesty and integrity. You'll have a hell of a time trying to dig something up. Because there aren't any.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #285 (permalink)

Quote:
Still trying to find something to put me in a bad light? Go ahead..
What do you think of Justin Bieber?
Old 01-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #286 (permalink)
Banned

You guys all need to relax and seriously get off my case. I understand it was an incredible and somewhat ludicrous sale, so you can have questions. That's fine. I can answer. But telling me I'm a scammer/fraud, how I came onto the board to cause trouble, saying all these negative things about me... EVEN when I've explained myself in over 12 pages with pictures and proof... doesn't that tell you that maybe I'm not the one that's causing the problem? It may actually be the attitude of some of the members here? I've cooperated with all the attacks. Maybe it's time to realize that this was indeed a legit sale, and that I wasn't in on any "scam" or some bs. Geez. Is it really THAT difficult to believe? Really? Even with all this proof?
Old 01-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #287 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I think his girlfriend (*cough* beard *cough*) is hot and this thread is losing steam. Come on conspiracy theory crazies get this going again!
--Maynard James Keenan
Old 01-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #288 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
He's a god to little girls around the globe. Bieber > Jordan for sure. lol
Old 01-16-2012, 08:16 PM   #289 (permalink)

Quote:
You guys all need to relax and seriously get off my case. I understand it was an incredible and somewhat ludicrous sale, so you can have questions. That's fine. I can answer. But telling me I'm a scammer/fraud, how I came onto the board to cause trouble, saying all these negative things about me... EVEN when I've explained myself in over 12 pages with pictures and proof... doesn't that tell you that maybe I'm not the one that's causing the problem? It may actually be the attitude of some of the members here? I've cooperated with all the attacks. Maybe it's time to realize that this was indeed a legit sale, and that I wasn't in on any "scam" or some bs. Geez. Is it really THAT difficult to believe? Really? Even with all this proof?
I am not sure some would believe you even if they were sitting next to you during the whole transaction.
--Maynard James Keenan
Old 01-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #290 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by golferphil View Post
I am not sure some would believe you even if they were sitting next to you during the whole transaction.
Exactly. I guess that's how it is. I just need to brush it off and say whatevers. At least I've put enough content here now to clear my name if there were any assumptions to begin with.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #291 (permalink)

Quote:
DUDE. GO BACK and look at it again. Just look at the COATING and you can tell they're completely different cards, right off the bat.

Go check.

Exactly. Still trying to find something to put me in a bad light? Go ahead. I told you... I've done all my business in 100% honesty and integrity. You'll have a hell of a time trying to dig something up. Because there aren't any.
the coating appears to be lined up different but the flaws in the card are in the exact same spot. very strange that they would have the exact same "AGE" hazing, exactly in the same spots with the same shapes & all that........they are coated & sharp cornered cards, how is one in better condition than the other?
Old 01-16-2012, 08:18 PM   #292 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golferphil View Post
I think his girlfriend (*cough* beard *cough*) is hot and this thread is losing steam. Come on conspiracy theory crazies get this going again!
Dude stop posting RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!! You have 3333 posts... leave it at that it looks cool LOL
Old 01-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #293 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
the coating appears to be lined up different but the flaws in the card are in the exact same spot. very strange that they would have the exact same "AGE" hazing, exactly in the same spots with the same shapes & all that........they are coated & sharp cornered cards, how is one in better condition than the other?
Centering is a lot better on this one. The one sold had a Refractor line on the bottom as well. This one doesn't. Trust me. I'm the one who had the card side by side in my hand. You're just basing it off one picture I posted.

They are completely different cards. Trust me.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #294 (permalink)

Quote:
Dude stop posting RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!! You have 3333 posts... leave it at that it looks cool LOL
Shoot. I missed that. Guess I have to wait for 4444.
--Maynard James Keenan
Old 01-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #295 (permalink)

I just celebrated my stinking 2000th post on this thread... smh No time to have a contest.

Look on the bright side OP, at least you'll be able to celebrate your 100th real soon and have a nice contest with a prize being a nice Jordan insert!
Old 01-16-2012, 08:22 PM   #296 (permalink)

No point in responding to the naysayers. Their jealousy can type faster than you can.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #297 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I just celebrated my stinking 2000th post on this thread... smh No time to have a contest.

Look on the bright side OP, at least you'll be able to celebrate your 100th real soon and have a nice contest with a prize being a nice Jordan insert!
Haha. I was just thinking that. I started off with like 6 posts. Now I'm over 70. I guess there was SOME good that came out of all this. Geez.

I guess I can put it this way. This whole thing was my initiation act to BlowOut. I had to go through all that trouble to prove I'm clean. Gawd what a headache. Hope at least some people here would see that I am 100% authentic in what I say and bring. Like I said, I have just as strong passion in the hobby as the rest. It's always nice to get acquainted with other fellow hobbyists. And I plan on staying.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:27 PM   #298 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake03svtf View Post
No point in responding to the naysayers. Their jealousy can type faster than you can.
if you think for a minute this guy doesn't love proving yourself, your crazy..... he posts these type of threads just to gain praise and be talked about, we are just accomodating his wishes. I could care less about jordan inserts and refractors, I don't collect jordan, never have.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #299 (permalink)

Now that we all had a good fight... let's take the gloves off and celebrate! hahaha

Who's bringing the pizza? I think he got a good enough ass kicking... Ok, you're in now. LOL

It's just hard to believe anything with Jordan inserts these days that's all. See, you were even able to prove to me that the devil doesn't exist!
Old 01-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #300 (permalink)

Congrats on the sale... I remembered when I sold a Jordan card for over 15k - I was so exited and shocked but wish I still had it, it might go for 30-40k now with these Jordan inflation's.. Just surprised you and the buyer did not settle out of eBay to save both of you some cash and privacy.. Invest wisely bro and again, congrats!!!
Closed Thread