Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #351 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24ai3 View Post
You should at least apologize to him for calling him out on the 95-96 Finest Refractor since they were clearly 2 different cards with the protective coating in completely different spots. You guys are in attack mode. We are talking about basketball cards! It's not life and death. You guys will argue with him until you can somehow prove he did something wrong in one of his auctions. These high prices do not affect most of us because we couldn't afford them before any of the huge price increases.

Most of you get boners by seeing a stupid 1 inch patch that was on a guys body at a photo shoot for 10 seconds. You pay hundreds for a cut autograph card numbered 1/3 when you could have bought the index card it was cut from for $60. It's just basketball cards, so relax. Who really cares if Jordan's are shilled? If it makes Jordan's sell higher, take advantage of it and sell of your Jordans and buy them back later.

Quote:
It's not life and death. You guys will argue with him until you can somehow prove he did something wrong in one of his auctions. These high prices do not affect most of us because we couldn't afford them before any of the huge price increases.
I never understood this logic. Because it doesnt affect us personally and at this moment, we should just ignore it? In the Off topic section of BO there is a posting of a video of 7 guys brutally beating up a kid. This kid got bullyed and beaten pretty bad. Because It wasnt me getting the crap kicked out of me, I should not care? Because it doesnt affect me right? I mean I can defend myself so I should turn a blind eye to this beating by your logic?

I know youll say this is different, but it truly isnt. Its the exact same principle. Asking people to ignore wrong doings and turn a blind eye to it. So what if it happens. So as long as it doesnt affect you, the world is all jolly! Be it petty theft or a seerious arse whoopin. They both share a common sense of compassion and a social responsibility for humanity.

I know you can sit around and not care. But some of do care. Some of us dont want to see innocent people getting raped, beaten, stolen from and taken advantage of. Whether its a beatdown or a theft. Whether its misconception used to dupe people into misinformation or stealing candy from a kid. Doesnt matter. Its more on principles of wrong and right not the severity of the crime.

Let me try and scam you and take you for thousands and see how you feel?
Old 01-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #352 (permalink)

Gonblott
VERIFIED TRADER

Topics: 77
Feedback Score: 14

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:59 am

Rare, congrats on the sale. Please let me know when you pickup anything else rare of MJ 90's....I am still missing a few big cards for my collection.

Read this over on the same exact thread at HK.......

That right there sums it up. Every one knows Gonblott and what he has done with Jordan inserts. Bet they are good friends.

FS/FT Bucket -http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k636/Karrscards/
Old 01-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #353 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I never understood this logic. Because it doesnt affect us personally and at this moment, we should just ignore it? In the Off topic section of BO there is a posting of a video of 7 guys brutally beating up a kid. This kid got bullyed and beaten pretty bad. Because It wasnt me getting the crap kicked out of me, I should not care? Because it doesnt affect me right? I mean I can defend myself so I should turn a blind eye to this beating by your logic?

I know youll say this is different, but it truly isnt. Its the exact same principle. Asking people to ignore wrong doings and turn a blind eye to it. So what if it happens. So as long as it doesnt affect you, the world is all jolly! Be it petty theft or a seerious arse whoopin. They both share a common sense of compassion and a social responsibility for humanity.

I know you can sit around and not care. But some of do care. Some of us dont want to see innocent people getting raped, beaten, stolen from and taken advantage of. Whether its a beatdown or a theft. Whether its misconception used to dupe people into misinformation or stealing candy from a kid. Doesnt matter. Its more on principles of wrong and right not the severity of the crime.

I don't have thousands for you to scam me out of, so that won't happen.

It sucks that the kid got beat up, but I wasn't there to stop it. What can I do about it? That's a situation for the police and the parents and parties involved to work out. It sucks that Jordans are shilled, but you really aren't going to change anything by whining on a forum. So it's pointless to constantly complain about a problem unless you have a way to fix it.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #354 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post

You watched the kid get beat up. What are you doing about it now? You can't just turn your back on it right? Are you offering to help investigate? ARe you doing your own independent research like you try to do with shilled auctions? No one is ignoring the fact that a kid got beat up. But what can you do about it unless you are there to help the kid?

There are bigger fish to fry than a few guys bidding up Jordans. Put all this effort into helping others out in need instead of wasting time on Jordan inserts.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #355 (permalink)

Quote:

It sucks that the kid got beat up, but I wasn't there to stop it. What can I do about it? That's a situation for the police and the parents and parties involved to work out. It sucks that Jordans are shilled, but you really aren't going to change anything by whining on a forum. So it's pointless to constantly complain about a problem unless you have a way to fix it.
That' pretty dumb logic. If you make people aware aka the forums then other can avoid being scammed. If you saw a kid getting jumped and didn't try and stop it then no better than the people doing it. If I saw you watching that kid get jumped I would kick your a$$ for not doing anything. The police probably wont do anything.

Old 01-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #356 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrscards View Post
That' pretty dumb logic. If you make people aware aka the forums then other can avoid being scammed. If you saw a kid getting jumped and didn't try and stop it then no better than the people doing it. If I saw you watching that kid get jumped I would kick your a$$ for not doing anything.
Did you read what I wrote? I said I wasn't there so I couldn't do anything to stop it. I never said I wouldn't help the kid out if I was there. We are all aware of the Jordan scam. It is posted about every other day on here.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #357 (permalink)

lol @ apologizing, the guy is not offended man, this is one big advertisement for him. it's a 15 page thread, do you honestly think for a second he hasn't enjoyed every minute of it?
Old 01-17-2012, 01:11 PM   #358 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
lol @ apologizing, the guy is not offended man, this is one big advertisement for him. it's a 15 page thread, do you honestly think for a second he hasn't enjoyed every minute of it?
Do you at least feel stupid? I would if I were you.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #359 (permalink)

Quote:
I usually try not to say anything offensive on these forums but you need to get off the guy's nutz. What are you Rare23's best friend. Nobody should feel stupid but you for trying to defend his actions. He could easily prove that it was a legitimate transaction, but he won’t because it not possible if your creating fake sales.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #360 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
You should at least apologize to him for calling him out on the 95-96 Finest Refractor since they were clearly 2 different cards with the protective coating in completely different spots. You guys are in attack mode. We are talking about basketball cards! It's not life and death. You guys will argue with him until you can somehow prove he did something wrong in one of his auctions. These high prices do not affect most of us because we couldn't afford them before any of the huge price increases.

Most of you get boners by seeing a stupid 1 inch patch that was on a guys body at a photo shoot for 10 seconds. You pay hundreds for a cut autograph card numbered 1/3 when you could have bought the index card it was cut from for $60. It's just basketball cards, so relax. Who really cares if Jordan's are shilled? If it makes Jordan's sell higher, take advantage of it and sell of your Jordans and buy them back later.
Best response in this entire thread. Haters gonna hate, complainers gonna complain.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:21 PM   #361 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
That' pretty dumb logic. If you make people aware aka the forums then other can avoid being scammed. If you saw a kid getting jumped and didn't try and stop it then no better than the people doing it. If I saw you watching that kid get jumped I would kick your a$$ for not doing anything. The police probably wont do anything.
ohh God now were comparing people getting the shite beat out of them to rich assses run up card prices?

Comparing apples to planets aren't you.

Noone is being scammed, if someone is willing to pay $18000 for a card then i'm sure they have done their research. It's not like Joe clueless is gonna buy a $180000 card.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #362 (permalink)

Quote:
I usually try not to say anything offensive on these forums but you need to get off the guy's nutz. What are you Rare23's best friend. Nobody should feel stupid but you for trying to defend his actions. He could easily prove that it was a legitimate transaction, but he won’t because it not possible if your creating fake sales.
He accuses a guy of something, basically calling him a liar, shiller, you name it. Then is proven wrong, and doesn't care to apologize to him?

I'm defending his 95-96 Finest Refractor listing. Qwasian said he was selling the same card when it was clearly a different card. He tried to be slick and catch him in something shady and failed miserably. He can ride Rares a$$ all day about shilled auctions and I can't call him out for being wrong?
Old 01-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #363 (permalink)

Quote:
What more do you want Rare to do. He posted the screenshot from paypal showing he was paid the $18k. Even if he posts the packaging and DC#, you can say he didn't have the Jordan in the package. He can't win with you people. You all care sooo much about proving he is wrong and a shiller, but you get pissy with me for calling one of you guys out.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #364 (permalink)

Quote:
not at all, you should read a textbook or two and learn what I was talking about, I was leaning into the possibility that the cards might be counterfeit as well because they were 2 different cards with the exact same flaw marks on them. the whole debate is for jokes to begin with though, I was just joking with people debating the other end and saying they weren't shilled in another thread, why would I feel stupid? you should feel stupid for being offended by anyone in a thread you don't care about in the first place. message boards are for debate and entertainment. in my opinion the whole situation and many threads like this are one big joke. if your mad about it, the joke is ON YOU.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #365 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNJOHNNY View Post
ohh God now were comparing people getting the shite beat out of them to rich assses run up card prices?

Comparing apples to planets aren't you.

Noone is being scammed, if someone is willing to pay $18000 for a card then i'm sure they have done their research. It's not like Joe clueless is gonna buy a $180000 card.
If you spend 18k and don't do your research, I don't feel bad for you if you get scammed.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #366 (permalink)

Quote:
not at all, you should read a textbook or two and learn what I was talking about, I was leaning into the possibility that the cards might be counterfeit as well because they were 2 different cards with the exact same flaw marks on them. the whole debate is for jokes to begin with though, I was just joking with people debating the other end and saying they weren't shilled in another thread, why would I feel stupid? you should feel stupid for being offended by anyone in a thread you don't care about in the first place. message boards are for debate and entertainment. in my opinion the whole situation and many threads like this are one big joke. if your mad about it, the joke is ON YOU.
You read about counterfeit cards in a textbook?
Old 01-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #367 (permalink)

I think its shady selling cheap sketch cards and calling them all 1/1s.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #368 (permalink)

Quote:
You read about counterfeit cards in a textbook?
no, you gain knowledge to learn how to debate and catch on to what people are talking about.......... I can obviously see that the 2 cards are coated different, yet they have the same flaw marks, that was my whole point about the 2 cards, what a suprise, the card I was speaking about mysteriously sold yesterday and the rest were removed.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #369 (permalink)

Quote:
hold it.. stop over it bro.. don't bring this to personal.. let this thread be about rare and his 18K sales.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #370 (permalink)

Quote:
what would you like me to sell them as and call them? people actually asked me to label them that way, and that they wanted it done when they bought them. that wasn't my idea or plan. and the materials to make them, cost more than the sketch cards sell for. so which part of that is shady? I do sketch cards for people who want them as a hobby?
Old 01-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #371 (permalink)

Quote:
no, you gain knowledge to learn how to debate and catch on to what people are talking about.......... I can obviously see that the 2 cards are coated different, yet they have the same flaw marks, that was my whole point about the 2 cards, what a suprise, the card I was speaking about mysteriously sold yesterday and the rest were removed.
both the card obviously different, you can see one of it have refractor lines at the bottom border and the other doesn't.. it was factory flaw and not camera effect.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:38 PM   #372 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

The point im trying to make is ... If you had a chance and a choice to stop it. Would you?

Just like on this forum, If I have a chance and a choice to be vigilant about scams, Would I choose to help avoid them?

We cant "Fix" crime. But we can educate and and trying help people be more aware of them. This goes for Drinking and Driving, drug use, you name it. Awareness is the key here. Not whining. People tend to group logical questioning with whining. Its not. Questions asked thus far are pretty much logical and have good through process behind them. Its just a shame the answer is always the stupid one.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #373 (permalink)

Quote:
what would you like me to sell them as and call them? people actually asked me to label them that way, and that they wanted it done when they bought them. that wasn't my idea or plan. and the materials to make them, cost more than the sketch cards sell for. so which part of that is shady? I do sketch cards for people who want them as a hobby?
Sorry, your sketch cards are nice. Just got frustrated and took a personal shot.

That is how you apologize. I learned how to do that in the book Apologizing for Dummies.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:39 PM   #374 (permalink)

Quote:
Don't sweat it bro. Its clear what Rare, emeyeceeone, gonblott, and the long list of other high end scammers are doing.There just mad they where figured out. There not as clever as they think.

Old 01-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #375 (permalink)

15 pages later and i'm disappointed that no one has bought my over priced Jordan yet....damn.

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
Closed Thread