Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 01:48 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
^^^^^ We didn't store cards in shoeboxes back in the 90's LOL! That was in the 1980's and before...
True, but I'm going to look at a collection tomorrow that some motorhead took in trade from a couple who needed a car. Supposed to be a bunch of different sports cards from the 40's to 2002. I pray I see some kind of crazy shiz like this. He has over a million cards, and all kinds of memorabilia. Said I would need to get a Uhaul truck to move everything if I buy it. Supposedly he knows nothing about what he has. It's just been sitting in boxes in his garage since 2002 and he wants to get rid of it.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:50 AM   #27 (permalink)

I would do a duck tails and swim in them... hahahahaha
Old 01-16-2012, 01:53 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
^^^^^ We didn't store cards in shoeboxes back in the 90's LOL! That was in the 1980's and before...
Gio...tried to send a private message. Your box is full.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:55 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbc View Post
Gio...tried to send a private message. Your box is full.
Sorry didn't realize... Thanks! Will delete right now.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:04 AM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

Thanks guys.

The payment cleared so it's official. The buyer has 100% feedback rating and I've talked to him before. A real cool and honest guy.

I'm happy with the sale, but at the same time quite sad. I've only had my "dream card" for 2 months. And I know I probably won't be able to add another one to my collection for awhile. I know I can go out and buy that other BGS 9.5 but knowing mine had a more desirable sub-grade makes me want to skip it and move onto a PMG Green or Credentials Now. But that's gonna be real tough to find/purchase.

So in the meantime, I'll be sitting on the sidelines, waiting for another Elite MJ card to pop up so I can purchase it.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:08 AM   #31 (permalink)

Oh sheesh, what a coincidence. Look who 'just' happened to list his own tonight...

1997-98 Finest Embossed Gold Refractor Michael Jordan BGS 9 9.5 MINT /74 RARE | eBay

Not necessarily saying you're lying about the sale (you and only you would know the truth), but I just don't trust anything regarding ebay 'sales' for these high end jordans anymore.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:10 AM   #32 (permalink)

That is insane, congratulations but at the same time my comiserations.

Love your site and the research that has gone into it.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:18 AM   #33 (permalink)

damn...you need to buy my Jordan Auto now...lol.

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
Old 01-16-2012, 03:38 AM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
Oh sheesh, what a coincidence. Look who 'just' happened to list his own tonight...

1997-98 Finest Embossed Gold Refractor Michael Jordan BGS 9 9.5 MINT /74 RARE | eBay

Not necessarily saying you're lying about the sale (you and only you would know the truth), but I just don't trust anything regarding ebay 'sales' for these high end jordans anymore.

Well I can tell you 100% this was legit. I've been talkin with the guy for a month about this card. He offered high prices, but I kept backing down as I wanted to hold onto it. Even Nat offered a few respectable offers, but I told him I wanted to hold onto it longer as well.

Nat's known to be one of the biggest High End Jordan collectors. BGS 9.5's galore so I'm sure he's going to add a BGS 9.5 version in the near future also.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:42 AM   #35 (permalink)

Oh ok, so now we have two millionares... and this his entrance to why Jordans sell so high

I guess the Nats story wasn't holding up, so now we have another high bidder? lol

Out of hand I tell ya.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:44 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:

I'm so lost in all this Jordan controversy. So is the idea that this small clique of Jordan high end collectors go around bidding up and buying each others cards at outrageous prices so they can then list their own cards and get crazy prices for them when they really sell. Then rebuy them cheaper after they sell then, jeezus I just made my self go cross eyed. I give up.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:45 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt-Reynolds View Post
I'm so lost in all this Jordan controversy. So is the idea that this small clique of Jordan high end collectors go around bidding up and buying each others cards at outrageous prices so they can then list their own cards and get crazy prices for them when they really sell. Then rebuy them cheaper after they sell then, jeezus I just made my self go cross eyed. I give up.
Basically.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:46 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
DING DING DING!!!

Something like that, and then some... lol
Old 01-16-2012, 03:50 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Basically.
So going back to my finding a shoebox Jordan inserts theory from a few posts earlier. Say a normal average joe like us finds a box with a few of these crazy Jordans in it, and we go and list them on Ebay, does that mean we won't get crazy money for them because we are not in the rich dude Jordan clique? Or since these guys set such a crazy ass market on them with these auctions, does that just make these insane prices the actual market price for the cards?
Old 01-16-2012, 03:51 AM   #40 (permalink)

WOW amazing sale good luck....and to tag onto another post is there a red flag sent somewhere when there is a 10k+ transaction like at the bank from the tax man?
Old 01-16-2012, 03:51 AM   #41 (permalink)

Fake for sure.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:52 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare23air83 View Post
Well I can tell you 100% this was legit. I've been talkin with the guy for a month about this card. He offered high prices, but I kept backing down as I wanted to hold onto it. Even Nat offered a few respectable offers, but I told him I wanted to hold onto it longer as well.

Nat's known to be one of the biggest High End Jordan collectors. BGS 9.5's galore so I'm sure he's going to add a BGS 9.5 version in the near future also.
gio wheres the ooooooo its legit LOL.

Well done Rare23air83, amazing amount of money! keep us updated what awesome cards that buys!!!
Old 01-16-2012, 03:58 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by backinthemixer View Post
gio wheres the ooooooo its legit LOL.

Well done Rare23air83, amazing amount of money! keep us updated what awesome cards that buys!!!
Please don't make me think about that moron... lol OOOOOOOOOOOH and yeah it's legit! Or something like that

I tell ya, I can smell this guy when he first started posting here but I kept my mouth shut cause he didn't make anything obvious, yet.........
Old 01-16-2012, 04:06 AM   #44 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
While there may be a handful of people who used to do that awhile ago, Nat and I are far from it.

We don't go and buy each others cards to mark up prices. It's horrible to label all high end Jordan buyers/sellers like that. Our names are plastered everywhere on forums so it would be quite foolish to even attempt anything like that. I have never bought or sold anything to Nat yet either. And the buyer of this card was NOT a millionaire. I spoke to him several times before and over the phone... about where he comes from, his story, his background, etc.

He's just another avid collector who has been wanting this card for quite some time.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:10 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
While there may be a handful of people who used to do that awhile ago, Nat and I are far from it.

We don't go and buy each others cards to mark up prices. It's horrible to label all high end Jordan buyers/sellers like that. Our names are plastered everywhere on forums so it would be quite foolish to even attempt anything like that. I have never bought or sold anything to Nat yet either. And the buyer of this card was NOT a millionaire. I spoke to him several times before and over the phone... about where he comes from, his story, his background, etc.

He's just another avid collector who has been wanting this card for quite some time.
I just want to know if I'm ever lucky enough to happen upon a card like this at a good deal I will be able to sell it for this price too, without being in this secret inner circle of Jordan collectors.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:27 AM   #46 (permalink)
Banned

^ I don't see why not? If you listed a BGS 9.5 version of the same card, I don't doubt you will get at least $12k+. Especially if it had strong sub-grades.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:57 AM   #47 (permalink)

oopsies double posty! -_-

Last edited by ninjacookies; 01-16-2012 at 05:01 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:59 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:

Like I said, only you and you alone know the truth...so if it was a legit sale then congrats. Me personally? I don't take any of those 'completed' ebay high end jordan sales at face value. Well some (maybe 10 percent?), but most I don't. Also kind of weird how you're a newbie on this forum and have basically just spammed your Jordan collection and then now this 18k sale (which, for all intensive purposes, will rank high on a google search for this particular card...great advertisement).

Especially when an astronomically 'higher value' is achieved on the identical card in such a short time span. If I remember correctly, you were the one who had this card at 12.5k BIN OBO on ebay just a few months ago and no one was biting. So when I see an '18k' sale out the blue, and the other 'biggest known' collector whos name has been closely tied to market manipulation listing the same exact card that same evening, then my theory just gains strength.

The whole 90's jordan game has been doing this for awhile now, but its only in the past year or so where the balant nonsensical patterns have been rampant.

'Oh look, this Jordan just sold for 15k in BGS 9.5 form, shattering the record of 10k just 6 months ago!'

*2 days later* BGS 9 version of same card gets listed 'omg if the 9.5 sold for 10k this card HAS to be worth at least 6k'

Well, at least that's the thought pattern of someone who hasn't followed the whole phenomena and just goes by the ebay 'completed sales' history. But hey, it's their money...not mine, so if they feel compelled to trust the validity of a manipulated ebay market then more power to em
Old 01-16-2012, 05:56 AM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Like I said, only you and you alone know the truth...so if it was a legit sale then congrats. Me personally? I don't take any of those 'completed' ebay high end jordan sales at face value. Well some (maybe 10 percent?), but most I don't. Also kind of weird how you're a newbie on this forum and have basically just spammed your Jordan collection and then now this 18k sale (which, for all intensive purposes, will rank high on a google search for this particular card...great advertisement).

Especially when an astronomically 'higher value' is achieved on the identical card in such a short time span. If I remember correctly, you were the one who had this card at 12.5k BIN OBO on ebay just a few months ago and no one was biting. So when I see an '18k' sale out the blue, and the other 'biggest known' collector whos name has been closely tied to market manipulation listing the same exact card that same evening, then my theory just gains strength.

The whole 90's jordan game has been doing this for awhile now, but its only in the past year or so where the balant nonsensical patterns have been rampant.

'Oh look, this Jordan just sold for 15k in BGS 9.5 form, shattering the record of 10k just 6 months ago!'

*2 days later* BGS 9 version of same card gets listed 'omg if the 9.5 sold for 10k this card HAS to be worth at least 6k'

Well, at least that's the thought pattern of someone who hasn't followed the whole phenomena and just goes by the ebay 'completed sales' history. But hey, it's their money...not mine, so if they feel compelled to trust the validity of a manipulated ebay market then more power to em
Those are all your assumptions from what you saw... which you have complete rights to. But it's not at all accurate to how it really went down. You can believe me or not, but it's quite simple really, and I have absolutely nothing to hide.

Granted I am a newbie to THIS particular site, I've been a member on HK and Sportscardforums for awhile. I was bored so I decided to join this and ozcard a week ago. And having my own PC website is nothing out of the ordinary.

First off, I bought the card for $10,655.00 about 2 months ago from kobes_for_sale. I then listed it at $12.5k right away and had TONS of offers roll in. I had over 150 watchers on a BIN listing, emails coming in with LOTS of cash and trade offers. Nat even offered $12k right away. That's when I rose the price and told everyone I wasn't serious about selling, but rather entertaining offers to see how much interest was out there. When you say that "no one was biting" that is completely false. Just look at the page. It has over 17,800+ hits and almost 50 offers in only 2 months! I constantly had people messaging me and emailing me about the card.

I didn't sell it NOT because no one was biting... I didn't sell it because I wanted to keep it, despite the high offers I received. Within the first month, I received offers between $11k-$14k, all of which I denied. I rose the price even higher. Then just a few weeks ago, the buyer offered $15.25k then $17k and finally $18.25k tonight to get me to part with the card.

Nat was the other guy who was waiting for me to accept his offers. He was willing to match $13.5k+. He bought his BGS 9 a month ago for $7.5k thinking he might be able to get it re-graded BGS 9.5. That's what he did with his Playmakers Theatre. Then he messaged me saying he'd be willing to trade me his BGS 9 card plus cash on top for my BGS 9.5 as another option. I told him maybe and sat on it.

I received a bunch of messages from over a dozen eBay members within the 1st hour of selling the card. All of which that were watchers. I'm guessing he was also one of the 100+ watchers for my card, so when he saw it sold tonight, he probably listed his thinking the trade deal was completely out the window now. He's known to add BGS 9.5 cards if they exist, so that's probably why he listed his to try to obtain a BGS 9.5. He's a very smart guy. I'm sure he knew it was also a great time for him to list his since the sale of my BGS 9.5 was so high. Again, I'm not sure if that's what happened on his side, but that's why I think he listed his tonight also.

I simply BUY cards, then list it at BIN and entertain Offers with better description and pictures. Most of the time, it does well and I get higher offers than what I bought it for. That's exactly what happened here, but on a much larger scale.

From what you're saying... it seems like you think Nat, Me, and the other BGS 9.5 seller somehow got in it together and decided to plot something out. First of all, why would Nat even NEED to do anything so tedious and shady? He's a freakin multi-millionaire. It just doesn't make any sense. And why would I need to register on 2 new card forums to get publicity? I was already getting a ton of hits on the eBay page alone. And the other BGS 9.5 guy I have absolutely nothing to do with. I don't even know who he is and it seems like he doesn't even respond to emails because I messaged him asking what he wanted for his card.

But I understand. Since it's such a big sale, I don't blame if there are a few people that might question or assume it was a fake sale. But the money has been transferred to my account and the card is being mailed out soon. It doesn't matter what the other 2 sells for as far as I'm concerned.

But feel free to ask ANY questions or concerns you might have. I can answer everything with ease because everything is 110% true.

Last edited by Rare23air83; 01-16-2012 at 06:05 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:51 AM   #50 (permalink)
Banned

Fishin around for some other Jordan cards and found this:

1/3 Kobe Bryant Lebron James Michael Jordan 2008-09 EXQUISITE triple auto jersey | eBay

What you guys think about this one? Good replacement? Not really a huge fan of Exquisites, but 3 of the best on a single card Serial #'d 1/3. It might be a worthy contender.

*edit* Nevermind. Looks like this one is rigged with some shady bidding.

Last edited by Rare23air83; 01-16-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Closed Thread