Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #151 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt-Reynolds View Post
Wow!! When this guy has to get your back you know you f*cked up good on this forum, lol. This is like having Hitler endorse your E-Z bake oven.
really? this again? btw using hitler is very offensive

Last edited by sunsfan8; 01-16-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #152 (permalink)

imagine how much heat someone would get if they got hustled after sending a $100 paypal gift payment, let alone $10,000
Old 01-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #153 (permalink)

There is no reality, it is all perception...
--Maynard James Keenan
Old 01-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnilevirus View Post
Well that was fun, tough to try to hustle a forum with intelligent individuals
He's in a huddle right now with his scamming buddies trying to figure out how they're going to counter this ROCK SOLID EVIDENCE!!!

They always have something to say. You can pretty much catch them on CAMERA!!!! With........................... and they'll still say it wasn't them. smh

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
Old 01-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #155 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
I have a screen shot for ya..........

Nice info but its seems possible make payment more than 10K with paypal if you pay through ebay.

"However, on eBay, a buyer could potentially make a payment larger than $10,000 USD for a vehicle, using PayPal, so you might look into listing the item on eBay motors if you plan on accepting PayPal for the total payment."

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/...at/td-p/175888
Old 01-16-2012, 03:25 PM   #156 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare23air83 View Post
All right. Whatever guys. I'm done. It's all a waste of my energy and time. I've been nothing but the truth. I should have figured that such a high sale would bring so many haters and BS callers. It's quite sad really.

Think what you want and do your research if you want. I actually encourage you guys to do so. That way you will eventually find out there was never any shady business going on to begin with.

But go ahead. Call bs on every High Jordan sale like you've continuously been doing. Whatever. You think group of friends scheme and plot to buy and sell only to each other? To drive cards up? Maybe that has happened in the past, but again... don't be so quick to judge and label all high end Jordan buyers/sellers the same. Nat Turner is a millionaire. He wouldn't even waste his time or energy to do something like that. kobes_for_sale has been known to be legit in many ways. Me? Well go ahead and do your research. I'm 100% honest also.

So that's pretty much it.
Ok guys, sorry I was away for 10 min.

I just sold my 97 Jordan Rave /399 to someone for $500,000.

Woo hoo NEW RECORD SALE!! I knew the guy I sold it to. Its legit.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #157 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
He's in a huddle right now with his scamming buddies trying to figure out how they're going to counter this ROCK SOLID EVIDENCE!!!

They always have something to say. You can pretty much catch them on CAMERA!!!! With........................... and they'll still say it wasn't them. smh
check his hobbykings thread I linked to in my prior post, his posts are the same over and over...reading from a script?

$10,000 gift, he was almost believable until that comment
Old 01-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #158 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3sT View Post
Nice info but its seems possible make payment more than 10K with paypal if you pay through ebay.

"However, on eBay, a buyer could potentially make a payment larger than $10,000 USD for a vehicle, using PayPal, so you might look into listing the item on eBay motors if you plan on accepting PayPal for the total payment."

But he said the ebay auction was cancelled. So what exactly was he paying $10k for? Not that I doubt the sale. We are crossing Ts and dotting Is. I want to know how you pay $10k for a cancelled auction through ebay?
Old 01-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #159 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
you can't even send 10k+ paypal gift...... most people might not move large amounts of money, but from someone who does, if you actually moved money like that, you would know that you can't send 10k paypal gift in one transaction to a person. so the screen shot you posted is fake, and so is your claim of paying kobes in paypal gift, this information is visible right on paypal.com
my gawd. You know you can split up a $10k payment into 2 payments right?

that's guys. I feel silly to keep having to post up proof when I've been telling you guys it's ALL legit and there was ZERO shady activity. Regardless of how much Nat's or Nybeamo sells for. I could really care less.

But do not be so quick to judge me and put me in the category of shady dealers when I've been doing all my business with honesty and integrity.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #160 (permalink)

Quote:

I don't know about ebay's policies for high priced sales, but c'mon now...he said paypal GIFT!!!! Why are we still thinking about the legitimacy of any of this? Would anybody send someone they do not know $10,000 for a purchase as a gift payment? Gift payments are not protected!
Old 01-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #161 (permalink)

Give the guy a #@#@#@#@ing break and stop busting his balls. You people act like youve never bought a card and flipped it for a significant profit 3 months later..
Old 01-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #162 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Ok guys, sorry I was away for 10 min.

I just sold my 97 Jordan Rave /399 to someone for $500,000.

Woo hoo NEW RECORD SALE!! I knew the guy I sold it to. Its legit.
WOW!!!! COngrats!!!

I think i'll go on ebay right now and look for boxes for $500 a pop... I might get lucky!

But I think some of these guys and their friends are selling these boxes, do you think i'm getting a good price?

F it, you sold your card for 500K so how bad can it be? Even if I pull a player like Charles Barkley or something i'll still get able to get 100K since your Jordan sold so much...

It's all about the 76ers in 2015...
Old 01-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #163 (permalink)

buyer pass on 13k bin, pass on 15k bin, pass on 16k bin..... 18k+ bin sold!!!!

Also guys, 10000 usd paypal is for one transaction limit only, maybe buyer paid in two payments (gift payments of course).
Old 01-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #164 (permalink)

the card was bought at 10,6xx on ebay? so they may have workedo out an agreement for going as gift perhaps under 10k. Then again thats a good amount to be risking
Old 01-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #165 (permalink)

Quote:
But he said the ebay auction was cancelled. So what exactly was he paying $10k for? Not that I doubt the sale. We are crossing Ts and dotting Is. I want to know how you pay $10k for a cancelled auction through ebay?
yeah that one claim is suspicious.. but the 18.5K paypal screen shot is looks like gone through ebay.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #166 (permalink)

Quote:
my gawd. You know you can split up a $10k payment into 2 payments right?

that's guys. I feel silly to keep having to post up proof when I've been telling you guys it's ALL legit and there was ZERO shady activity. Regardless of how much Nat's or Nybeamo sells for. I could really care less.

But do not be so quick to judge me and put me in the category of shady dealers when I've been doing all my business with honesty and integrity.
But the invoice you showed wasn't split up into 2 payments.

You meant $10,000 paypal goods, right?
Old 01-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #167 (permalink)

Quote:

wasn't made thru ebay........ this doesn't apply.
Collecting Football: GENO SMITH / E.J. MANUEL / Giovani Bernard / Cordarrelle Patterson / Eddie Lacy / Andrew Luck / Russell Wilson Basketball: Michael Carter Williams / Bradley Beal / Blake Griffin / Paul George / Damian Lillard / WNBA: Skylar Diggins
Old 01-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #168 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsItUpCards View Post
WOW!!!! COngrats!!!

I think i'll go on ebay right now and look for boxes for $500 a pop... I might get lucky!

But I think some of these guys and their friends are selling these boxes, do you think i'm getting a good price?

F it, you sold your card for 500K so how bad can it be? Even if I pull a player like Charles Barkley or something i'll still get able to get 100K since your Jordan sold so much...
Dont bother. I know of "FRIENDS" that will sell you the card now that a NEW RECORD PRICE HAS BEEN SET. Just buy from them!! Dont worry its LEGIT.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #169 (permalink)

Really, there are two possibilities of what is happening here:

1) A group of sinister money-hungry fraudsters have found a way to make a few thousand dollars by artificially inflating the price of the Michael Jordan insert card market.

or

2) A bunch of rich city bankers with too much disposable income are throwing their money at the best Jordan inserts in an attempt to satisfy their nostalgia for the 1990s basketball scene.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #170 (permalink)

Quote:
My father told me a story once about how price fixing and manipulation works. When I was young he explained how a certain group of individuals in our area made it happen. this is based on a true story. Ill explain it and let me know if it actually hits home for some of you..

They built 10 homes on a suburb of Toronto. The 10 homes were bought and paid for by a group of 10 that knew one another. They paid $200k each.

5 yrs later. House 1 went up for sale at $500k. Another friend withing this circle of friends bought the house for $500k. The new assessment after the sale for the area was based on this new sale.

About a month later House 2 went up for sale at $650K. So did house #3 and #4 after #2 sold for $650K. House #2 was sold to a buyer outside of the circle. He bought the house because he liked the community and it was a good time to get in because prices were going up. House #3 and #4 (lets say #5 too) sold for marginal increases in the same price range, lets say $650 to $700k.

At the end of the year and beginning of a fresh spring, houses 6, 7 and 8 all got listed individually but not until one after another sold. Never were they listed at the same time, but only after prices statistically went up. House 6 sold for $1m. The neighborhood was evaluating, agents were praising at the recent rise in price and creating demand. This was done through advertising of agents telling everyone that houses in this area were moving up fast, and it was "The place to be". The marketing was done and demand was created.

House 7, 8 sold that year for over $1m each. House 9 and 10 both sold the next year for almost $2m each.

All 10 people from that circle of friends left.

10 houses at $200k each = $2mil

Sold houses.

1-500k
2-650k
3-650
4-700k
5-700k
6-1m
7-1.2m
8-1.2m
9-2m
10-2m

Total of $10,600,000.

Even if you pay back that friend who bought the first house his $500k, They turned $2m into $10 in a decade. They did this by preception. Nothing more. Blind perception of selling you a dream of what they wanted you think was "the place to be" They made it happen by showing you proof of sales, marketing through agents and creating demand.

The moral of the story eventhough it was based on a true story is it doesnt take much for people to start believing something as reality all based on how good the sales pitch is.
That is a amazing story, and great way to put things like this in a nutshell. Sadly this is normal everyday business though. Like I keep saying people like Nat aren't millionaires because they are stupid. It is in his best interest to keep inflating this market to protect his investments, which is what his Jordan collection is. It is just as much a investment as it is a personal collection, whether you want to admit it or not that is what makes this "hobby" is so easy to spend the type of money we do, you can rationalize spending 1500 on a card because you know you can get that money back in 3-7 days if you need to. You know if you ever get stuck you can make this hobby liquid and get quick money out of it. You are stupid if you think he wouldn't be devastated if this collection he has spent so much on was worth less than he bought it for if he ever decided or needed to sell it off.

Last edited by Burt-Reynolds; 01-16-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #171 (permalink)
Banned

Geez still skepticisms.

I sent paypal gift payment split into TWO to Kobes_for_sale. It says you can ONLY send a SINGLE payment of up to $10k. But guess what folks? You can make two or three $3k and $4k payments no problem. My gawd...

And yes. GIFT payment. I trusted the guy. I've bought things from him before. He had a solid reputation for being honest. So I took a leap of faith and sent him the money. I figured his reputation was worth more than to scam someone. Especially when 350 people were watching that auction.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #172 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
Really, there are two possibilities of what is happening here:

1) A group of sinister money-hungry fraudsters have found a way to make a few thousand dollars by artificially inflating the price of the Michael Jordan insert card market.

or

2) A bunch of rich city bankers with too much disposable income are throwing their money at the best Jordan inserts in an attempt to satisfy their nostalgia for the 1990s basketball scene.
Or Laundering money!! Price fixing, laundering, manipulation... you name it. It all belongs in the dirty hamper! Look at Bernie Madoff, in the slammer for his ponzi scheme.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #173 (permalink)

Quote:
Geez still skepticisms.

I sent paypal gift payment split into TWO to Kobes_for_sale. It says you can ONLY send a SINGLE payment of up to $10k. But guess what folks? You can make two or three $3k and $4k payments no problem. My gawd...

Why did you feel comfortable enough to send that much money via gift? Why would anyone, regardless of how legit they seem, be willing to send that much money without any protection?

I personally wouldn't be comfortable sending a Paypal gift of $150 to anyone...

You just plain trusted someone with $10,000 ? Someone you dont know personally or never met or had any prior contact with? Just based on his reputation on eBay?

What if he closed his account and took off.

You really have 10k to gamble with like that?
Old 01-16-2012, 03:38 PM   #174 (permalink)

Quote:
Geez still skepticisms.

So you sent three $3.333 K paypal GIFT payments? Is that different than one $10,000 Gift payment

I just understand the paypal gift part of the story. Everything else about the sale I really don't care about anymore. Honestly, my friends think that it is crazy for me to buy a $200 card, not really my place to judge if someone drops $18k on one.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #175 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Or Laundering money!! Price fixing, laundering, manipulation... you name it. It all belongs in the dirty hamper! Look at Bernie Madoff, in the slammer for his ponzi scheme.
There you go again. You still think I was a part of some scheme with friends to mark up my card? Like really? Ease off already.
Closed Thread